BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-02-05 11:55 AM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
Har-- I see us all wearing our halos at particularly rakish angles, frankly...Innocent

Hope you're all having a great weekend! Long bike ride tomorrow with the new bike computer, so I'll have some sense of how far I'm going, and can thus do the bike TT next week! Woo-hoo!

2011-02-05 2:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Hey now....I wasn't even on-line! LOL! You can't blame me THIS TIME!
2011-02-05 4:30 PM
in reply to: #3340736

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
I have completed all my Time Trials!!  I kind of wish they were all slower!!  Dang you Marsha for insisting we go all out!!  Now I really HAVE to improve!!
2011-02-05 4:47 PM

User image

Veteran
LOL Hilde and just think how much better you'll be for it! SPEEDY!
2011-02-05 8:52 PM

User image

Regular
You are such an awesome group!  Thank you all for your inspires!  I have not stopped training :-)  I HATE AT&T!!!  Our internet service has been atrocious!!!  Last month we received a letter from them stating that they were testing our service and since it wasn't going at the appropriate speed for our super duper fast DSL, they were reducing the rate of our DSL.  Like we didn't notice that their service sucks.  Last weekend we had no service at all!  We had Comcast before ad they were no better.  We're stuck here in Marietta since they are the big 2.  I wish I was back in Tampa so that I could have Road Runner again. We're not IT savvy enough to know if satellite internet service is any better.

Last Sat I had a great long run, 10 miles.  I also finally met with my swim coach, Tracey Palmer.  She was an NCAA swimmer for Univ of Kentucky, turned triathlete after having her children.  She was awesome.  I opted for the class with the video - that was a scary thing to watch!  She caught a shot of me attempting to breathe and it was not a pretty sight!!  Anyway, I'm a flat swimmer with breathing issues :-)  She gave me my homework: w/u 2-3 laps of breathing work using the kickboard.  She initially wanted me to leave my hands on the sides of my body while rotating my body and kicking.  I had visions of me sinking to the bottom of the pool so she said I could use the kickboard.  4 lap set of: 1 lap focusing on my stroke by rotating my body,  1 lap of regular swimming freestyle only, 1 lap focusing on my breathing as well as rotating my body, 1 lap of regular freestyle.  I was to increase the amounts of sets I could do.

I liked that she did not want to meet with me until 4-5 weeks had passed so that I had time to work on my exercises.  She also said if possible to send her a video  so that if I needed correction, she could do so.  My last experience was not so pleasant.  They wanted to meet every week and that wasn't enough time for me to learn what I needed to learn.  It's going slowly so I have to remember to be patient with myself.

Tomorrow I have a trail race do I didn't do a long run today.  I haven't been slacking :-)  I can't, I have a half marathon in March :-)

Once again,  thank you all for being an AWESOME group!!!!!

2011-02-05 9:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Sorry to hear about the internet, Denise.  I have no valuable input on the matter. We have roadrunner here and it works good enough, thankfully.
That's awesome to hear about the swim coach.  I couldn't imagine the torture of watching myself swim!  At least it led to some productive practice.  Pretty soon you'll be zooming around like the other dolphins in this group. 

2011-02-06 8:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
2011-02-06 8:10 AM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Go Pack Go!
2011-02-06 8:35 AM
in reply to: #3341302

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
THANK YOU for checking in Denise!!  Stupid AT&T... we have Roadrunner here too.  AT&T keeps sending me mail trying to get me to switch and pick up a package from them, NO THANKS!  I have no info on satellite internet either, but I can only imagine how frustrating it must be not to have internet, or worse, have it sporadically!!  At least they lowered your rates!!

Glad to hear you are still training, and good luck on the race today, sounds fun!!

I'm leaning towards the Packers, but honestly just want to watch a good game today.  I'm not a huge football fan, but we HATE Dallas... hubby roots for the Buffalo Bills.
2011-02-06 9:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Ah yes, the joys of AT&T.  Yes, that is my provider... we don't have much choice in our area.  The speed is slow, but at least I've never had any problems with service.  As everyone has probably gathered from my big week of zeroes this week has been very difficult for me.  First my back went out, then we had the massive amounts of snow and finally we had a family drama of epic proportions.  It was like everything came down at once.  Hopefully I can work on achieving some balance this week.  At the end of the week we will be heading north for some well-deserved R&R.  In the meantime I will be reworking my training schedule for the Marathon in May.  I always budget in a couple of off weeks so a week off this early in the game shouldn't have a negative effect in my overall plan.

Not much of a football fan, but I hope everyone that is a fan has a good game tonight! 
2011-02-06 10:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland
UGH!!!  Clinicals are sucking up my time!!!  Long day Wednesday with no time to train, Friday on my feet all day at the hospital for clinical, and then hurry home so we could head to Va Beach for something Saturday, on my feet all day yesterday, and home late so no trainer time.  Hopefully this week will be better time wise. 

Ran this morning with the fiance.  

GO STEELERS!!!!!

2011-02-06 10:52 AM

User image

Veteran
gnome - I used to live just outside of VaBeach until just over a year ago...love it there!

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not really a football fan but was born and raised a "Cheesehead" so the Packers are in my blood!
2011-02-06 11:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Did my TT for the swim today. It was 13:27 for 500yds.  

And I'm glad to see that there are a couple of smart people here rooting for the green and gold!

2011-02-06 12:05 PM

User image

Expert
Hi everyone!

I like watching football, but haven't done so much this year-- like Hilde, I just hope the game is worth watching! (Might set up the trainer in front of the TV, might not-- today's trainer ride SUCKED, so maybe I need to listen to my body and back off for the rest of the day, sigh... feel like a big ol' wuss, though!)

Janet, I'm sorry to hear about the multiple dramas all round-- hope that everything is more  balanced now so you can move forward without snowdrifts of both literal and metaphorical kinds! Jen, I hope the clinicals back off a bit so you can get your feet under you... I sympathize, as I'm about to start getting papers coming in, tra la-- a snowstorm of a very different kind! And I TOTALLY hear everyone on AT&T's suckage... they're my provider, too, and the old wires in this building sure don't help.

Hope you all enjoy your afternoons and evenings!
2011-02-06 12:22 PM
in reply to: #3341547

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Well, it sure sounds like the MMMers have had an OFF WEEK!  Injuries, weather, family dramas, etc.  Here's hoping we all get back on track this coming week!
2011-02-06 2:09 PM

Freeland
My wife is from the western part of the UP so therefore I am a Packers Fan. GO PACK GO. 

2011-02-06 9:34 PM
in reply to: #3341354

User image

Regular
jcarmody - 2011-02-06 10:27 AM Ah yes, the joys of AT&T.  Yes, that is my provider... we don't have much choice in our area.  The speed is slow, but at least I've never had any problems with service.  As everyone has probably gathered from my big week of zeroes this week has been very difficult for me.  First my back went out, then we had the massive amounts of snow and finally we had a family drama of epic proportions.  It was like everything came down at once.  Hopefully I can work on achieving some balance this week.  At the end of the week we will be heading north for some well-deserved R&R.  In the meantime I will be reworking my training schedule for the Marathon in May.  I always budget in a couple of off weeks so a week off this early in the game shouldn't have a negative effect in my overall plan.

Not much of a football fan, but I hope everyone that is a fan has a good game tonight! 

Janet, I hope life gets more calm for you :-
2011-02-06 9:35 PM
in reply to: #3341534

User image

Regular
jordiebrigs - 2011-02-06 12:58 PM Did my TT for the swim today. It was 13:27 for 500yds.  

And I'm glad to see that there are a couple of smart people here rooting for the green and gold!

Jordie, awesome TT!!! 
2011-02-08 6:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
What's up MMM peeps?  It's been rather quiet here.  I am busy not working out.  The stuff I put off last week has snowballed into a lot of stuff I need to get done now.  I am going to try to get a run in tomorrow.  
I've also been spending a lot of time checking sodium content in foods and beverages since the doctor told me I have high blood pressure.  I was pretty surprised since I've lost weight and eat pretty healthy, but it runs in my mom's side.  I've learned practically everything has sodium.  Especially my favorite thing in the world - CHEESE! And diet soda. What's that about? It's diet!  This has resulted in a drastic reduction in my caffeine intake which directly corresponds to a reduction in energy.  I've stopped with caffeine before for about a year or two. I just love me some soda.  Ah, well. Going to get it checked in a couple of weeks again. Hopefully it will be back to normal.
Hope everyone else's week is going well!

2011-02-08 8:33 PM
in reply to: #3345949

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
WHAT JORDIE???  NO CAFFEINE??!!!  I seriously would melt into the couch without caffeine in the a.m.  In fact I'd drink it all day if I didn't know it would keep me awake at night!!  You are right, sodium is EVERYWHERE... but WHY in soda, I mean really??!  Hope you get the blood pressure under control and hope you can get some workouts in... trust me, you'll feel better, and I say that in a Hilde mentor way, NOT a Hilde dominatrix way (STOP THAT WILSON!!)
2011-02-08 9:24 PM
in reply to: #3346087

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-02-08 9:33 PM WHAT JORDIE???  NO CAFFEINE??!!!  I seriously would melt into the couch without caffeine in the a.m.  In fact I'd drink it all day if I didn't know it would keep me awake at night!!  You are right, sodium is EVERYWHERE... but WHY in soda, I mean really??!  Hope you get the blood pressure under control and hope you can get some workouts in... trust me, you'll feel better, and I say that in a Hilde mentor way, NOT a Hilde dominatrix way (STOP THAT WILSON!!)

Innocent until proven guilty, that's what I say....I have no idea of what you are talking about Hilde....No unpure thoughts in my mind...of course.  Yep, Jordie - Hope you get that all straightened out - I've had some higher blood pressure than I'd like too...and I really wonder why???  I need to goto bed now so I can get up and swim like a whale with no back fin!!!  hehe 

2011-02-09 5:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Hey all  -- got a question for anyone out there.  I just paid a whooping $105 for my half marathon this coming weekend.  Supposedly ALL the proceeds go to cancer research.  Can I claim this on my taxes next year as a donation? 
2011-02-09 6:23 AM
in reply to: #3346347

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Hmmm, I don't know Peggy... maybe call H+R block and ask??  Nah, someone here is probably a tax expert, but that sounds totally reasonable... $105 for a Half Marathon?  Pretty pricey if you ask me!!  I tend to go for the cheaper races so I can do more of them...

We have a 2 hour delay at school today, it's raining and the cold front pushed through in about 5 minutes this morning.... one minute it was 40, 5 minutes later 32 and now it's dropped to 30, so there's still a chance of them cancelling all together, we'll see.  I'm not looking forward to dealing with driving on ICE for my commute!  They actually delayed last night, so I got some extra sleep, that's UNHEARD of, they usually wait till the last possible minute to make any decision (oh, except on budget cuts, those they seem to decide on pretty fast and they NEVER involve cutting any administration costs!)
2011-02-09 6:39 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
I'm not a tax expert but I know that "Race for the Cure" events aren't tax deductible.  You could email the race director.  I'm with Hilde that sounds like a pretty expensive event.  Bet the tee shirts are great!
2011-02-09 7:22 AM
in reply to: #3346407

User image

Extreme Veteran
$105? That's about what I paid for PF Chang's, and it doesn't even benefit a charity! And my upcoming HIM was $180!! I'd better get some dang good Gu and Gatorade for that price! Most of the race entries I paid last year were sound $100- what up with that, anyway? Back in the old days when I just used to do 10ks, they were around $25! Don't know about the tax deduction, though- will have to ask my hubby when he gets up.

Jordie, I know there are low sodium diet sodas, but you are probably better off ditching the caffeine if you are headed in that direction anyway. Your energy will come back once you are fully "clean," but it could take up to a month, based on my own experience. I get very annoyed when I get hooked on the stuff, but I can't seem to do my job without it. To get an idea of what it's like, set your alarm for 3 am, then go sit in your car for 3 hours staring straight ahead at the garage wall. Then try to execute a complicated and precise maneuver (say, parallel parking on an icy street between two police cruisers) without making any mistakes. Try that without caffeine? I don't think so.

- and when I type your name, Jordie, my iPad keeps trying to substitute "joyride!" New nickname?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70