BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 45

2013-05-22 1:25 PM
in reply to: corbetjackson50

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED
Originally posted by corbetjackson50

I rode my longest ride on my bike today. (I have rode longer distance and time in spin class but its not the same!) I still felt really good after my ride and wish i had my running shoes so i could do a nice brick work out. This is copied over from map my ride:
Distance: 10.65mi, time: 36:19, pace: 3:25min/mi, speed: 17.57mi/h.

Looks like you were a moving at a nice speed there, keep it up! Soon you'll be laying down hour long rides without a problem.

2013-05-22 1:34 PM
in reply to: Hubbie

User image

Originally posted by Hubbie

Originally posted by corbetjackson50

I rode my longest ride on my bike today. (I have rode longer distance and time in spin class but its not the same!) I still felt really good after my ride and wish i had my running shoes so i could do a nice brick work out. This is copied over from map my ride:
Distance: 10.65mi, time: 36:19, pace: 3:25min/mi, speed: 17.57mi/h.

Looks like you were a moving at a nice speed there, keep it up! Soon you'll be laying down hour long rides without a problem.

yes i gave a good effort 85% or so. It is central Kentucky so it was rolling hills. Some of the hills slowed me down quite a bit!
2013-05-22 1:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Alright everyone, it's confession time. I went out for a workout today six days ahead of schedule. My "run" was more like a glorified shuffle and my time were so bad that after the first mile i turned off my GPS. On my way back from the park to the gym I came within a few meager inches of being hit by a car. All the other cars at the intersection had stopped and I had the right of way. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw this big black SUV come through. Luckily I could jump out of the way in time but came so close I could see my reflection in her paint. She c was glued to her phone c and didn't even allow down as she speed through the intersection. Ended my workout with some weight lifting on the arms.

Looking forward to laying down some decent run times again without jumping out of the way of distracted drivers.

Beth
2013-05-22 2:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Great ride Corbet, Now that nice bike can stop crying for attention.

Beth I think someone was trying to tell you that you should not be out running ON A BAD KNEE against Doctor's Orders. Just Sayin
2013-05-22 3:45 PM

, Alabama

Alright everyone, it's confession time. I went out for a workout today six days ahead of schedule. My "run" was more like a glorified shuffle and my time were so bad that after the first mile i turned off my GPS. On my way back from the park to the gym I came within a few meager inches of being hit by a car. All the other cars at the intersection had stopped and I had the right of way. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw this big black SUV come through. Luckily I could jump out of the way in time but came so close I could see my reflection in her paint. She c was glued to her phone c and didn't even allow down as she speed through the intersection. Ended my workout with some weight lifting on the arms.

Looking forward to laying down some decent run times again without jumping out of the way of distracted drivers.

Beth

i am sure it felt good to be back out there doing something but please take it easy you don't want to end up out of the game for months!
2013-05-22 3:48 PM
in reply to: Usulsuspct

, Alabama
Originally posted by Usulsuspct

So finally after a few weeks of swimming (and two lessons) I was able to complete day one of the 0to1650 program (+ about 450 yards of various lengths 50 / 100 yards). Strangely enough it was also the first day my 910xt was fairly accurate with stroke / length detection. I have two more swims scheduled this week (plus another lesson), which should hopefully *fingers crossed* see me through week one of the program.

Swimming really is an alien activity for me...still amazes me how much different it is from the other sports. I feel like you can "muscle" your way through a run or bike ride, while swimming affords no such avenue. You must apply *some* technique if you want to not drown. :D

This past month has instilled in me a great respect for swimming and swimmers in general - it truly is an art form.

Glad to hear you are making progress - it can be slow at the start but suddenly it will all come together and then you will build up distance really quickly. In February this year I couldnt even put my face in the water - I swam breast stroke without ever getting my hair wet :-) but a couple of months later I was swimming freestyle, breathing properly for a mile - it really does improve that fast.

2013-05-22 3:50 PM
in reply to: Taringa

, Alabama
Originally posted by Taringa

Thankyou, fellow turtles, for the words of encouragement re: the half marathon. Yes, it's in 6 and a half weeks, on the 7th of July. Sorry, Jason, I didn't copy the date in that post and caused confusion!
I got the ball rolling this morning with an extra run workout, just a short jog after today's swim. I'm thinking I'll try and keep up with a third run each week, and start to extend the Sunday long run by ten minutes or so every week. I should be running (or run/walking) two hours on a long run by the time race day comes around. The race allows 3 hours to finish the course to make sure the road is clear for the full marathon which is scheduled for after the half. Hopefully I won't get pulled off the course, but if I do, well, it's no drama I guess. I'll do what I can.

Wow a half marathon - I could never imagine doing that. Good luck I am sure you will do great :-)
2013-05-22 7:44 PM
in reply to: corbetjackson50

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-05-22 9:26 PM
in reply to: afischer01

Extreme Veteran
Ok, everyone I'm starting to think that we have lost Kara. She has not logged in for over a week now and has not responded to two PM's. I also am starting to worry that Renee might not be coming back, but she is possible still dealing with the loss and life in general. My question to the fellow turtles is this, if we start losing people do yall want to replace them with new people. It is yalls choice becuase I do not want to do anything the group does not agree on. I am still holding out hope they both return and will give it another week, but wanted to check with yall now. I can not think of anyone else that has not been activte in one way or the other within the past week or so.
2013-05-22 11:24 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

Im ok with whatever you think is best boss.
2013-05-23 4:20 AM

Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

Ok, everyone I'm starting to think that we have lost Kara. She has not logged in for over a week now and has not responded to two PM's. I also am starting to worry that Renee might not be coming back, but she is possible still dealing with the loss and life in general. My question to the fellow turtles is this, if we start losing people do yall want to replace them with new people. It is yalls choice becuase I do not want to do anything the group does not agree on. I am still holding out hope they both return and will give it another week, but wanted to check with yall now. I can not think of anyone else that has not been activte in one way or the other within the past week or so.

I would say we give them a bit longer, hopefully the are just busy with life / holiday weekend. If we don't hear from them next week then maybe we open the door for a new member to join. I suppose this is going to be a reoccurring situation. Since the group is designed for turtles potentially new to the pond of multi-sport there is potentially a higher chance of burnout. I know just after a few weeks of increasing my training I have had to look at my calendar to inject some downtime.

2013-05-23 5:27 AM
in reply to: Usulsuspct

Gold Coast, Australia
Sounds like Kara may have gone to do other things but hopefully Rennay will be back with us when the family situation settles a little. Maybe one more PM to Kara (3 strikes?) and if there's no reply, open up for another turtle?
2013-05-23 6:29 AM

, Alabama
I think give them a bit longer - sometimes life just gets in the way
2013-05-23 8:35 AM

Veteran
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

I think we should give them to the end of next week then open the door for others that may have got here in time.
2013-05-23 8:38 AM

Veteran
Great news, woke this morning with no knee pain!!!!!!!! Really looking forward to getting back to my training. feel like I've been suffering more from the lack of gym time than from the actual injury.
2013-05-23 8:39 AM
in reply to: NMS

Extreme Veteran
O', I am going to give them longer, and even if it's two months from now that they log back in I will be more than happy to let them pick right back up in the group. NO ONE, is going to be booted from this group or not allowed to rejoin after a break. I just wanted to make sure that no one had anythng against new people if we did have people start falling off (chemistry wise you know). Like I said NO ONE will ever be booted for not being active, they will always be welcome back, it's just if room becomes available I want others to have the oppurtunity to join if they would like to.

2013-05-23 8:41 AM

Extreme Veteran

Great news, woke this morning with no knee pain!!!!!!!! Really looking forward to getting back to my training. feel like I've been suffering more from the lack of gym time than from the actual injury.

Beth, that is freaking awesome and great news to start the day with.
2013-05-23 9:09 AM

2013-05-23 9:10 AM

2013-05-23 9:29 AM
in reply to: afischer01

Veteran
Just got back from a 1 mile walk and I feel great. Going to get to the gym and put some time in on the elliptical and possibly some pool time. Going to go easy on my knee then jump back in the training on Tuesday. Thankfully next week is my scheduled recovery week so I will be able to ease back into it.
2013-05-23 1:24 PM

, Alabama

Just got back from a 1 mile walk and I feel great. Going to get to the gym and put some time in on the elliptical and possibly some pool time. Going to go easy on my knee then jump back in the training on Tuesday. Thankfully next week is my scheduled recovery week so I will be able to ease back into it.

That's great news, glad you are now pain free :-)

2013-05-23 2:24 PM

Rensselaer, New York

Originally posted by Hubbie Just got back from a 1 mile walk and I feel great. Going to get to the gym and put some time in on the elliptical and possibly some pool time. Going to go easy on my knee then jump back in the training on Tuesday. Thankfully next week is my scheduled recovery week so I will be able to ease back into it.

Good luck and welcome back to training!

2013-05-23 2:27 PM
in reply to: MJSolt

Rensselaer, New York

Quick vent...

So I am supposed to be getting a bit on money in the mail this week that I have ear-marked for my new bike.

It's hasn't come yet and the person I am buying the bike from is going out of town for the weekend.

DAMN YOU IMPATIENCE!

That is all...

Hoping my son's baseball game is cancelled tonight so I can go spin to nowhere and swim a bit.

2013-05-23 2:46 PM
in reply to: MJSolt

Extreme Veteran
Boy, that was a quick vent Mike. Can you teach my wife to vent like that, is there an instructional book I can get her.
2013-05-23 3:11 PM

Rensselaer, New York

Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete Boy, that was a quick vent Mike. Can you teach my wife to vent like that, is there an instructional book I can get her.

Speaking of instructional books...

Last week I ordered a copy of Total Immersion that I plan on reading tonight and trying to implement some of the drills. Maybe Ill try and read how to swim while I am pedaling the spin bike... I spin in my running shorts so it seems appropriate. Wink

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 45