BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 28

2013-07-17 7:35 AM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Veteran
Hilliard, OH
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED
Fast Legs and Strong Heart at Racine this weekend!

Originally posted by tmoran80

Getting ready for Racine 70.3 this weekend. Hoping to go sub 6:00 and it looks like the weather might cooperate this year. The last two years it has been over 95 degrees- UGH!!

I officially joined the world of "triathlon geek" this past weekend when I shaved my legs for the first time. The wife wasn't too happy but it makes my IM tattoo look so much cooler haha.

My marathon training has been coming along nicely while also keeping up with my 70.3 training. I got a 12 miler in on Sunday and will get my 13 in during the race this weekend. Looking forward to next week when I can focus more on the running and just use biking and swimming as cross training.

Hope everyone is doing good and staying cool this week. Sorry I have not been around much this past week but have just been swamped with work.

2013-07-17 8:12 AM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Good Morning Team.

Simone: keep up the good work and just enjoy the run this weekend no matter wha the time.

Gil: Great race my friend that is awesome!

Michelle: I was at Muncie last year as well and was very disapointed with the shortening of the race. I am thinking about going back next year. That was incredibly nice of you to stop and help with the flat tire and you still got a PR - great work.

Mike: Welcom back and no worries with not being here for a while. It happens to all of us and nice job on the swim, it will come.

Tim: All the best this weekend in Racine, you will do great now that you are more aerodynamic with the smooth legs . FYI - I started shaving about a month ago .

Well team - been a busy week. Still working hard on the new house - lots and lots and lots to do. The hardwood floors are done, painting, kithchen floors and cabinets are next. That is going to take about 6 weeks for cabinets to come in, floors to go in etc. etc. It never ends but I am trying to be patient.

I finally get my bike back this morning from the LBS - can't wait.

The ankle is mending but it is a very slow process. I am still worried about how I am going to manage for my Ironman having missed so many workouts. I guess I am just going to have to adjust my goals to just finishing in time this year.

I am racing this weekend in Toronto - another Olympic distance, it should be a blast but I am going to have to take it easy on the run to make sure I keep this ankle in the best shape I can going forward.

Have a great rest of the week everyone.

RFP

KC
2013-07-17 8:45 AM

User image

Expert
That was one of the main reasons I did it because I always here its not IF you are gonna crash it is actually WHEN are you gonna crash. I did joke with my wife and tell her I probably just jinxed myself and will crash on my next ride haha (looking for some wood to knock on)

Originally posted by kruzmeister
I always thought the number one reason for the shave was to make cleaning road rash easier, I guess you don't fall off much!
2013-07-17 9:00 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Expert
Looking forward to some pictures of the finished house! Or maybe a picture of your bike with the new carbon aerobars in front of the house? Don't worry about the missed workouts. You still have a little time to get some good quality workouts in to build up your confidence which I think has been more damaged then your fitness level by this injury. Use this Olympic race as a gauge and compare it to your last race. i have a feeling you are not going to see much of a difference.

Originally posted by kcgolf

Well team - been a busy week. Still working hard on the new house - lots and lots and lots to do. The hardwood floors are done, painting, kithchen floors and cabinets are next. That is going to take about 6 weeks for cabinets to come in, floors to go in etc. etc. It never ends but I am trying to be patient.

I finally get my bike back this morning from the LBS - can't wait.

The ankle is mending but it is a very slow process. I am still worried about how I am going to manage for my Ironman having missed so many workouts. I guess I am just going to have to adjust my goals to just finishing in time this year.

I am racing this weekend in Toronto - another Olympic distance, it should be a blast but I am going to have to take it easy on the run to make sure I keep this ankle in the best shape I can going forward.

Have a great rest of the week everyone.

RFP

KC
2013-07-17 9:05 AM

User image

Chicago
Tim,

Good Luck this weekend. Hope the weather holds up.

The heels were ok. I'm feeling them now which is not a good sign but I have time to recover because I don't have a race planned. I'll use the time to keep training without the pressure of a race. I will ride more with my bike club and I will join the master swim team this week in hope of getting faster and stronger.

Best of luck!

Nice work on the race Gil! So glad to hear that you had a good swim experience. A few more of those and you won't ever think twice about he swim again. How did the heels hold up?

Originally posted by gdelamora

Good Morning,

Just want to say thanks to everyone for the help and encouragement that I received from this group.

The Tri this past weekend went well. I finish in 2:55. Swim time was 37 minutes out of the water. I have to say it was one of my best experiences in this leg of the race. I had none of the issues that I had in other races. except for getting a little tired. I'm very happy with the swim. Now I feel like I could have done better but I'll leave it for the next race.

The Bike and run went great also. It was super hot and I suffered during the last 3 miles of the run which slowed me down and took me off my pace. I was monitoring my HR and it was up in the 180's so I knew it was a sign of me pushing to hard. I did not want to crash so I began to slow down and coast to the finish. My bike time was 1:15 and the run was 57 minutes.

Overall, I had a great time and the race was a lot of fun.

2013-07-17 10:10 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Thanks for the welcome back. Went for another swim this morning and was able to complete a mile without stopping. Still slow, but now that I know I can do it I feel like I can start concentrating on form. A swimmer in the lane over from me was wearing a snorkel -- I wish those were race legal. Although I guess it would make sighting difficult.

Simone, Tim & KC good luck on your races!

---
Quakerman Olympic in 52 days
Bicylcing Fall Classic in 81 days
Bethlehem Half-Marathon in 95 days
Hell of Hunterdon in 256 days

2013-07-17 10:19 AM
in reply to: MikeMcK

User image

Veteran
Boulder
Sorry guys that I haven't been around much. I feel like I've lost track of what everyone is up to. Work has just been crazy and well training too. Just wanted to say that I've got Racine 70.3 this weekend and I'm super happy. I'm adequately prepared and ready to get out there on the course! Woo Hoo! Good luck to to Tim and T-Royboy and anyone else racing this weekend!
2013-07-17 1:25 PM

User image

Expert
So I just wanted to thank everyone here for being such an awesome group this season. The new members have been great and really jumped right into it and there has been some great discussions as usual.

I was on my long run last Sunday thinking about how after my 2-1/2 months off after IMWI and I was starting back up in January was torterous and I felt like I would never get back up to speed. I really think this group has kept me going this season and pushing myself and now I feel just as strong as I did last August. I hope everyone else has been getting or feeling the same way. Just wanted to say thank to you all!
2013-07-17 5:05 PM

User image

Expert
Snorkels are race legal per USAT but I have never seen anyone at a race use one. It seems it would be even more difficult then turning your head plus I would never want to get kicked in the mouth while a snorkel is in there.

Originally posted by MikeMcK

A swimmer in the lane over from me was wearing a snorkel -- I wish those were race legal. Although I guess it would make sighting difficult.

2013-07-17 5:07 PM
in reply to: WillTriForBeer

User image

Expert
I will look for you on the bike course and even the run with the two loops. I am still hoping to meet up for that beer after the race
Originally posted by WillTriForBeer

Sorry guys that I haven't been around much. I feel like I've lost track of what everyone is up to. Work has just been crazy and well training too. Just wanted to say that I've got Racine 70.3 this weekend and I'm super happy. I'm adequately prepared and ready to get out there on the course! Woo Hoo! Good luck to to Tim and T-Royboy and anyone else racing this weekend!
2013-07-17 9:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Did somebody mention men with shaved legs.............. I've been lurking but that one got my attention ;-)

Good luck with your races this weekend Tim, Simone and Jenn. Anyone else?

2013-07-17 9:31 PM
in reply to: cheekymonkeys1

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
OMG I just realised I forgot KC. Doh, how could I??

Good luck, KC!!
2013-07-18 7:39 AM

User image

Expert
Hey there Mrs. Lurker. So you ready for next weekend?!?! Did you get the MyAthlete GPS Tracking? I will be cheering you on from Aurora, IL and hopefully getting live updates from KC (if he isn't to tired from keeping up with the running pro's on his bike haha)

Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

Did somebody mention men with shaved legs.............. I've been lurking but that one got my attention ;-)

Good luck with your races this weekend Tim, Simone and Jenn. Anyone else?
2013-07-18 8:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Hilliard, OH
Snorkels are legal!!! I was surprised the first time I saw one in a race. There was actually someone swimming next to me in Muncie with a snorkel. I personally would worry about all the splashing and the water coming into the snorkel. But I did check on it. It is USAT approved because they say it does not provide any forward movement.

Originally posted by MikeMcK

Thanks for the welcome back. Went for another swim this morning and was able to complete a mile without stopping. Still slow, but now that I know I can do it I feel like I can start concentrating on form. A swimmer in the lane over from me was wearing a snorkel -- I wish those were race legal. Although I guess it would make sighting difficult.

Simone, Tim & KC good luck on your races!

---
Quakerman Olympic in 52 days
Bicylcing Fall Classic in 81 days
Bethlehem Half-Marathon in 95 days
Hell of Hunterdon in 256 days
2013-07-18 9:18 AM
in reply to: mkennedy0525

User image

Extreme Veteran
Good luck to all those racing this weekend! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. For those racing Racine, give us your bib numbers so we can track you in the Ironman app. Yes, I will track you even while I am doing my long ride/run.

Tim - I too thought you had shaved your legs before. I heard once you go start you have to continue.

Mrs. Lurker ( I love that) are you ready? I am so excited for you! While driving home last night I think I scared the car next to me as I yelled OMG your race is next weekend! I was thinking you had another 2 weeks.

I have seen a snorkel here and there at races. I too wouldn't race using one but I have seen them. In fact the gym at the pool the other day had one and I was watching him and I notice he wasn't rotating as much because he didn't have to worry about breathing on the sides.
2013-07-18 12:48 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Expert
My bib number is 1798.

I will let you know this winter about the whole starting and stopping haha.

Originally posted by krazytallchick
Good luck to all those racing this weekend! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. For those racing Racine, give us your bib numbers so we can track you in the Ironman app. Yes, I will track you even while I am doing my long ride/run.

Tim - I too thought you had shaved your legs before. I heard once you go start you have to continue.

2013-07-18 5:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
LOL Fancy scaring fellow drivers KTC!! But yes, it is 10 scary days away.

I am as ready as I'm going to be this time round. I'm getting excited, but I know I'm WAY under trained. I will go out, have fun and whatever will be will be.

Mind you, I now have KC's freshly shaved legs passing me on the run course. That may well put a spring in my step haha :-)

No tracking. I will save that for another day.
2013-07-18 7:22 PM

User image

Regular
Tim,

Good luck this weekend! I will be tracking your bib

Todd
2013-07-18 8:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
LOL......

You are ready!!! We all go to that start line feeling under trained. Just remember that it is nothing but a long training day. So glad to hear that you have a healthier attitude now that you joined the 100 mile club. 10 days....relax and enjoy the rest.

Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

LOL Fancy scaring fellow drivers KTC!! But yes, it is 10 scary days away.

I am as ready as I'm going to be this time round. I'm getting excited, but I know I'm WAY under trained. I will go out, have fun and whatever will be will be.

Mind you, I now have KC's freshly shaved legs passing me on the run course. That may well put a spring in my step haha :-)

No tracking. I will save that for another day.
2013-07-18 8:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I have you entered in my Ironman tracker on my phone so I can keep up with you.

Good luck!!!!

My bib number is 1798.

I will let you know this winter about the whole starting and stopping haha.

Originally posted by krazytallchick

2013-07-19 8:50 AM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Chicago
Best of luck to everyone racing this weekend. I wish you Godspeed....

I will also try to follow you.

2013-07-20 3:57 AM
in reply to: WillTriForBeer

User image

Regular
Tim and Jen,

Good luck on Racine this weekend! I will be tracking the status on my I-Phone It appears to be decent weather considering the 90+ weather and humidity, it looks like 70s and less humid! I am excited for you two! As if I was runnning myself!

Simone,

Good luck on the HM!

KC.

Hope the ankle is comming along, and the house as well

Mike,

Your training looks like it is coming along well! Keep up the good work!

For me, just completed my toughest training week to date. I have been working hills pretty hard and increasing my run and bike volume. I did a 1 mile time trial in the pool ~ 31:45. Was hoping for slightly faster, but felt very good afterwards (good enough to finish with a few sprints) and could have gone much longer at that pace...Masters swim twice a week is paying off This gives me confindence moving into my first Olympic this year! I am also down to the lowest weight I have been since graduating colledge ~186 lb. Hoping to get to 180 for the Olympic...

Looking forward to racing reports

Todd
2013-07-21 7:36 AM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Congrats on the weight loss and training Todd, awesome effort!

Originally posted by ettringite23

For me, just completed my toughest training week to date. I have been working hills pretty hard and increasing my run and bike volume. I did a 1 mile time trial in the pool ~ 31:45. Was hoping for slightly faster, but felt very good afterwards (good enough to finish with a few sprints) and could have gone much longer at that pace...Masters swim twice a week is paying off This gives me confindence moving into my first Olympic this year! I am also down to the lowest weight I have been since graduating colledge ~186 lb. Hoping to get to 180 for the Olympic...

Looking forward to racing reports

Todd
2013-07-21 7:45 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
I will post a full race report tomorrow, but I had a great race. For my first half marathon it was a really positive experience and I think going into it without any expectations really helped. Even though I was treating it as a training session I still had some loose goals, which were to try and run most of the way if not the entire way and to come in under 3 hours. I am a very slow runner normally, but I knew carrying the extra weight that I had put on since march it would be difficult to run at my 7-7.30 min/km pace. As it was I ended up with a time of 2:56:12 which I was very happy with and apart from a 30 second power walk up the last big hill to stretch out my legs I ran the entire way. The other main thing of note is that I did not have a panic attack at the start of the race which was something I was very concerned about seeing as how it happened at the 10k event I did earlier in the year.. I was cool, calm and collected, I had some nerves, but nothing I couldn't handle, I was so happy and I think that helped me on the run a lot. All in all it was the perfect event and it has made me so much more excited now for my next half marathon and for Shep 70.3 and IMOZ.

(run-melbourne-21jul13-fist.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
run-melbourne-21jul13-fist.jpg (299KB - 17 downloads)
2013-07-21 8:59 AM

User image

Regular
Woot! Awesome job Simone! Way to bring it home!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 28