BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 2 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10 K) - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 33

2014-02-03 8:56 AM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 2 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10 K) - Closed
Well I got the Challenge done but it was with a few challenges.

Saturday I switched the planned ride into a run because of rain in the morning when I was supposed to go out. I got in a 4.25 mile run in 40 something minutes.

Sunday, woke at 6 A.m. for my ride and it was freezing cold and raining. I waited for the rain to stop which was around 3:30 p.m., but the wind was kicking and it was cold. I issued the challenge and knew what needed to be done so I bundled up and went out for a ride. I did just over ten miles and the wind about killed me. I road up hill against a very strong head wind for right at 3 miles of the ten, which sucked the life out of me. I got in the ride which took me 40 minutes, so I completed the challenge. Today is why I like challenges and this group because if It was just me and I had not issued the challenge I would have walked outside seen how it was, walked back inside, grabbed a beer, and waited for the Super Bowl to start.

2014-02-03 3:00 PM
in reply to: cassowary

User image

Originally posted by cassowary

Today I successfully swam 400 yards non-stop! I had been dreading such an attempt, but I'm glad I got it done. After the first 100 yards I started to panic as I got short of breath, but then I switched to the breast stroke for 50 yards and was able to recover a little. My average time was 2:20/100 yards. I had never timed myself before, and now I realize now that I should learn to slow down and conserve energy for longer swims. Right now I only have one speed, and after 400 yards I was pretty much done for the day.

Next week I fly to Houston for a class, and my hotel will have a pool. I'm looking forward to just swimming laps every day.

Way to go Cassowary!!!!! I am jealous!!! way to keep on moving in the pool and not flip out!!!
2014-02-03 3:01 PM
in reply to: dwilling

User image

Originally posted by dwilling

Nice workouts !!! Have fun in the kitchen, and once again thanks for the list of food options. I used a few options this week . Thank you !!!!

Yes of course!!! I am glad they gave you some ideas! I always like to find new things to eat for breakfast. As you can tell by my suggestions I have a HUGE sweet tooth!! Way to go on your workouts this weekend!!
2014-02-03 3:15 PM

User image

Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

Saturday I switched the planned ride into a run because of rain in the morning when I was supposed to go out. I got in a 4.25 mile run in 40 something minutes.

Sunday, woke at 6 A.m. for my ride and it was freezing cold and raining. I waited for the rain to stop which was around 3:30 p.m., but the wind was kicking and it was cold. I issued the challenge and knew what needed to be done so I bundled up and went out for a ride. I did just over ten miles and the wind about killed me. I road up hill against a very strong head wind for right at 3 miles of the ten, which sucked the life out of me. I got in the ride which took me 40 minutes, so I completed the challenge. Today is why I like challenges and this group because if It was just me and I had not issued the challenge I would have walked outside seen how it was, walked back inside, grabbed a beer, and waited for the Super Bowl to start.

Way to go Todd!! YES its called being accountable!! I wouldnt of done both workouts this weekend unless you had challenged us to do it. I told hubs I needed to get at least 30 min each day. We usually take Sunday off and do nothing but thats ok we have been laying around snowed in last week so this was perfect!! I had to check the calender when you started talking about the wind... sounded like you were at IM Kona!!! The wind for sure is a HUGE challenge on the bike. Way to hang in there and FINISH the ride!! GREAT JOB!
2014-02-03 3:17 PM
in reply to: Taringa

User image

Originally posted by Taringa

I'm pretty happy with the way things are going here for me, getting back into the training and so far (touch wood!) no calf flare-ups. Had an hour in the gym yesterday; 40 minutes on the exercise bike and 20 mins core strength afterwards, and then a nice and steady 6km run this morning so I've done my weekend challenge! I'm hoping to do a swim time trial at the pool in the monring to reassess the threshold speed I should be training at (using the swim smooth system, link http://www.swimsmooth.com/training.html). Then it's a visit to the physio Tuesday mrning to see what I can do from here to keep me going . I hope everyone else's weekends are going well!

Way to go on the workouts! I started laughing when I saw you put the link up for *Swim Smooth* the reason being is *Mr. Smooth* is the reason I am learning how to breathe better in the pool. That is a fantastic website with a lot of great SIMPLE examples to get going in the water! Hope your visit to the Doc is a good one!
2014-02-03 3:31 PM

User image

Today I got in the pool after not being able to swim due to snow and the pool being closed for the last four days. I felt like I had never been in the water and my freestyle SUCKED. I was out of breath and felt worthless. I think my main problem is that I am expecting to be way more improved and its only been a few weeks since I started swimming. So much to think about at once. I will be happy when I learn how to breathe the correct way and not feel like a tired lump in the water. I have to say I have never swam in a pool with fins till I took my swim lesson down in Wilmington. I do drills with and without them and it feels like I am going NO WHERE when I take them off. I feel like aqua woman when I have them on LOL I am still learning how to kick correctly and today I grabbed a kick board for the first time and worked with it for awhile. I miss my swim lessons. I wish I could take them every single week. The ones I took were only five days long. I am going to go back down to Wilmington to work with the Swim Coach again. She wanted me to practice the drills she gave me for three weeks before coming back to her. At least she is not trying to rip me off. Her lessons are super expensive but worth it. I would gladly pay someone whatever they asked if only they lived up here in my town instead of having to drive 75 miles.

Lovey, you sound like you have a fantastic swim group! I have enjoyed reading all your posts and it sounds like you are doing really good!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2014-02-03 4:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area

Thanks for the challenge. My swim and long run takes care of that so I aimed to do an additional 1 hourover the weekend to cover the challenge.
I did Body Pump on Saturday and upped my weights. My body is so sore.. Today, every time I have to move my body groans. I NEED a hot tub! That ususally takes away 80 percent of the soreness.

A little venting:
Some days, I want to sleep in but I am usually meeting my swim & spin buddy. My running partner is pretty steady and reliable.
Spinning and swimming, I have been doing on my own most of the time. When she cancels the morning of, I really feel like rolling over and going back to sleep. Other days, I feel kind of bummed when I show up and it's just me. I am already at the gym or pool so I get it done.

Sometimes, she ask afterwards can we say spin another day to make up. No, because I did get it done and that day already has a scheduled workout. If I take spin again, then that day's workout is forfeited or needs to made up as well. I can only juggle so much because I have to work around my family's schedule and 2 jobs. My hubby wants to go to the gym too and relies on me to wake him so he can go at the same time (he is not a morning person like me at all). Early monrnings works best for me. Occasionally I will do it only if I had to miss a workout. She usually misses because she oversleeps. However, my running partner may need to change and I accomodate her. Why? We have been running together for a few years, we push each very well. She is so reliable and willing to run with me anytime she can. We make a schedule and barring our jobs, weather and family events, we are very consistent in our run schedule.

I am learning to motivate me because I don't always have someone to train with. Our triathlon is not until August so I guess she feels we have a lots of time to catch up. I feel the opposite. I am still building my base and KNOW I need to stay steady, build slowly and consistently which means training has begun. I want to have a solid base when warm weather comes and workouts moves primarily outdoors, even swimming.

Now I have to start taking my kids to the gym to work on their lacrosse skills on the raquetball courts which will impact my schedule. A little shuffling around again so I can make that work between me and hubby.

Sorry for the long post.
2014-02-03 6:41 PM
in reply to: #4915342

User image

Congrats on completing the challenge everyone. I confess, I failed, which I don't take lightly because I love challenges. However, we made an offer on a house that was accepted today - so my busy weekend was happily justified!

Lovey, good job staying on schedule and not compromising your training plan. I like that you talk about building your "base". I agree that this is soooooo important to prepare for more aggressive training and remaining injury free. I feel like building a base is a poorly discussed topic. I typically see it as a footnote in many training plans.
2014-02-03 6:53 PM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Lovey

Thanks for the challenge. My swim and long run takes care of that so I aimed to do an additional 1 hourover the weekend to cover the challenge.
I did Body Pump on Saturday and upped my weights. My body is so sore.. Today, every time I have to move my body groans. I NEED a hot tub! That ususally takes away 80 percent of the soreness.

A little venting:
Some days, I want to sleep in but I am usually meeting my swim & spin buddy. My running partner is pretty steady and reliable.
Spinning and swimming, I have been doing on my own most of the time. When she cancels the morning of, I really feel like rolling over and going back to sleep. Other days, I feel kind of bummed when I show up and it's just me. I am already at the gym or pool so I get it done.

Sometimes, she ask afterwards can we say spin another day to make up. No, because I did get it done and that day already has a scheduled workout. If I take spin again, then that day's workout is forfeited or needs to made up as well. I can only juggle so much because I have to work around my family's schedule and 2 jobs. My hubby wants to go to the gym too and relies on me to wake him so he can go at the same time (he is not a morning person like me at all). Early monrnings works best for me. Occasionally I will do it only if I had to miss a workout. She usually misses because she oversleeps. However, my running partner may need to change and I accomodate her. Why? We have been running together for a few years, we push each very well. She is so reliable and willing to run with me anytime she can. We make a schedule and barring our jobs, weather and family events, we are very consistent in our run schedule.

I am learning to motivate me because I don't always have someone to train with. Our triathlon is not until August so I guess she feels we have a lots of time to catch up. I feel the opposite. I am still building my base and KNOW I need to stay steady, build slowly and consistently which means training has begun. I want to have a solid base when warm weather comes and workouts moves primarily outdoors, even swimming.

Now I have to start taking my kids to the gym to work on their lacrosse skills on the raquetball courts which will impact my schedule. A little shuffling around again so I can make that work between me and hubby.

Sorry for the long post.

I see nothing wrong with you telling the spin partner, no thanks I already did the workout and can't sacrafice another one that I have planned. You explain very well the difference between the two parters and should not feel guilty or wrong in my opinion. I as always am so impressed with how you juggle everything and still get in your workouts, which is something I think about when I am about to make an excuse.
2014-02-03 6:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Congrats on completing the challenge everyone. I confess, I failed, which I don't take lightly because I love challenges. However, we made an offer on a house that was accepted today - so my busy weekend was happily justified!

Lovey, good job staying on schedule and not compromising your training plan. I like that you talk about building your "base". I agree that this is soooooo important to prepare for more aggressive training and remaining injury free. I feel like building a base is a poorly discussed topic. I typically see it as a footnote in many training plans.

Life happens, super congrats on the house.
2014-02-04 7:22 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Knocked out a thirty minute swim this A.M., now it's time to work.

2014-02-04 12:19 PM

User image

Congrats on closing on the house!!!!! That is awesome!!!
2014-02-04 1:01 PM

User image

This is day two of getting up at 4:10 am..... When my alarm went off I wanted to just roll over and go back to sleep. The pool I swim at is aboard a Marine Corps Base. The pool opens at 5 am. I know if I get there past 5:30 I probably wont get a lane. Morning lap is from 5-7 am then they close for Combat swimming till 11 am and I would rather get up at the crack of dawn then have to wait till the middle of the day to swim. I also have the choice of going to Camp Lejeune but that is another 30 minutes to drive and the traffic is horrible in the morning... the pool there opens at 4 am... I wish it was closer because the new fitness center is really nice! 100,000 square feet including a elevated indoor track. I did a brick yesterday and today I did all three events..... swim for 50 min.... one of the lifeguards teaches childrens swimming. We started talking last week when I was checking out a lap counter. She has been checking in with me every morning and giving me some stuff to work on. She knows how hard it has been for me to find any swim instruction. Today she had me do 300 fins and kick board, 300 freestyle with fins so I could work on my arms and then I did some balance drills on my back... I swam 1000 yards today and couldn't believe my lap counter. I wish I could always swim with my fins on. I can swim like aqua woman LOL soon as I take them off the party is over. I have to say the last two days of kick drills I can REALLY tell the difference what It feels like to kick correctly. Today I worked on my arms. My breathing was better today then yesterday but I still have a long way to go. Tomorrow I will be using the pools shorter fins. The lifeguard said it will be not as hard as going from fins to bare feet. She also wants me to work with hand paddles. I have never used them but my husband works out in them from time to time.

Right now when I take my fins off I feel like I am taking two hours to get to the end of the pool. Learning how to do freestyle so late in life really sucks. I feel like I am this slow sea Turtle and everyone around me swims so easy. I remind myself that I am still building up my aerobic base and it is going to take some time in the pool and that it will not come overnight.

After my swim I got on the spin bike for 30 minutes and was pleased that my heart rate is starting to stay in the right zone! Today I had to bump the bike up to get to my number and stay there. After the spin I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I cannot run on treadmills, I get shin splints from them so I just do a super fast walk. My heart rate surprised me today and didn't skyrocket like it usually does when I start to run. Running is my least favorite of the three. I got injured last October at work and I go in tomorrow with my MRI results to see what is wrong. The pain is in my left upper thigh (ITB band) I have done physical therapy, stretching, massage, Ultrasound, 10s unit, IVF unit and a big huge Cortisone shot last week. The pain seems to come back after I do any kind of fast paced walking or running. Bike and pool never duplicate the pain......

There are two guys that show up everyday at the pool that are training for Ironman long course. I envy them for having a training partner to train with. This is primarily a hardcore running town. People I meet that say they want to do a Tri always come up with some excuse and blow the workouts off. I have no one to train with except my husband and he usually works out on his lunch hour. I go at this alone and this group is all I have for motivation. I am very glad to have this Turtle group to share stories with and read about your workouts. ok thanks for letting me ramble, hope everyone is having a great week!!

2014-02-04 2:11 PM
in reply to: Pixiedustlady

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Pixiedustlady

This is day two of getting up at 4:10 am..... When my alarm went off I wanted to just roll over and go back to sleep. The pool I swim at is aboard a Marine Corps Base. The pool opens at 5 am. I know if I get there past 5:30 I probably wont get a lane. Morning lap is from 5-7 am then they close for Combat swimming till 11 am and I would rather get up at the crack of dawn then have to wait till the middle of the day to swim. I also have the choice of going to Camp Lejeune but that is another 30 minutes to drive and the traffic is horrible in the morning... the pool there opens at 4 am... I wish it was closer because the new fitness center is really nice! 100,000 square feet including a elevated indoor track. I did a brick yesterday and today I did all three events..... swim for 50 min.... one of the lifeguards teaches childrens swimming. We started talking last week when I was checking out a lap counter. She has been checking in with me every morning and giving me some stuff to work on. She knows how hard it has been for me to find any swim instruction. Today she had me do 300 fins and kick board, 300 freestyle with fins so I could work on my arms and then I did some balance drills on my back... I swam 1000 yards today and couldn't believe my lap counter. I wish I could always swim with my fins on. I can swim like aqua woman LOL soon as I take them off the party is over. I have to say the last two days of kick drills I can REALLY tell the difference what It feels like to kick correctly. Today I worked on my arms. My breathing was better today then yesterday but I still have a long way to go. Tomorrow I will be using the pools shorter fins. The lifeguard said it will be not as hard as going from fins to bare feet. She also wants me to work with hand paddles. I have never used them but my husband works out in them from time to time.

Right now when I take my fins off I feel like I am taking two hours to get to the end of the pool. Learning how to do freestyle so late in life really sucks. I feel like I am this slow sea Turtle and everyone around me swims so easy. I remind myself that I am still building up my aerobic base and it is going to take some time in the pool and that it will not come overnight.

After my swim I got on the spin bike for 30 minutes and was pleased that my heart rate is starting to stay in the right zone! Today I had to bump the bike up to get to my number and stay there. After the spin I got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I cannot run on treadmills, I get shin splints from them so I just do a super fast walk. My heart rate surprised me today and didn't skyrocket like it usually does when I start to run. Running is my least favorite of the three. I got injured last October at work and I go in tomorrow with my MRI results to see what is wrong. The pain is in my left upper thigh (ITB band) I have done physical therapy, stretching, massage, Ultrasound, 10s unit, IVF unit and a big huge Cortisone shot last week. The pain seems to come back after I do any kind of fast paced walking or running. Bike and pool never duplicate the pain......

There are two guys that show up everyday at the pool that are training for Ironman long course. I envy them for having a training partner to train with. This is primarily a hardcore running town. People I meet that say they want to do a Tri always come up with some excuse and blow the workouts off. I have no one to train with except my husband and he usually works out on his lunch hour. I go at this alone and this group is all I have for motivation. I am very glad to have this Turtle group to share stories with and read about your workouts. ok thanks for letting me ramble, hope everyone is having a great week!!

Great job as always and congrats on the continued improvement in the water. I know it might not always seem like it but just know that you are improving every day you are in the pool.

I have always found it interesting how some people really want / prefer to have training partners and others prefer to train alone. Everyone has their reasons for both, but I think both are good and bad. My pluses for training alone are setting my own schedule with no one but my family and work in mind, I will be racing by myself so why not train that way, solitude and time for personal reflection and to get rid of a bad day. Minuses are always training alone, not having someone to share successes with, and not having someone there to help push me to work harder. I give my plus and minus and as soon as I do I think about how some of the pluses become minuses and vice versa. I have a guy at work that basically begs me to ride and run with him but I never run with him and will only occasionally bike with him. He is a way better running than me, is hyper competitive (even though he constantly denies it), and can not keep a schedule to save his life, which is the grand daddy of all for me. When plans are made I will be there so I expect the same. The few times we have rode together though it has been enjoyable but I felt as if we were constantly adjusting on the ride for each others strengths and weaknesses. I guess I view this group and BT as my training partners and am just fine with that. I will say though that as I get older I find myself wanting more company in the hobbies that I have interest in.
2014-02-05 12:36 AM

User image

Hi Turtles,

Just wanted to drop a line to congratulate everybody on the challenge efforts and results. I enjoy checking the forum each day to see how everybody is going. It's amazing that we all share similar challenges to get out and train and balance our lives.

Outstanding effort by Pixiedust lady getting up at 4:10 for training. My wife used to tease me that I had no trouble getting up at 4:00AM to go fishing but struggled to get out of bed at 7:00AM to go to work. It's all about motivation and enjoyment.

I'm sitting here with my ankle on ice trying to reduce the swelling so I can get back to training. I'm really having to watch my food intake as I'm not exercising. I'm going to the pool tomorrow to see if I can swim, if not I'll head to the gym and work on my upper body.

Just ordered a book from Amazon titled "Shape Up with the Slow Fat Triathlete: 50 Ways to Kick Butt on the Field, in the Pool, or at the Gym--No Matter What Your Size and Shape". Looking forward to reading this book.

Aussie Turtle

2014-02-05 3:59 AM
in reply to: AussieTurtle

User image

Gold Coast, Australia

Hey, Pixie, good work with the early starts, especially when it's dark and cold. I can do the 4am starts in summer but in winter when it's pitch black, damp and freezing it really is hard work. Just keep plugging away at the swimming and you'll get there!

Rod, I hope the ankle gets better for you soon. Injuries are so frustrating! Just don't try and push it back into work too soon (easy to give that advice but very difficult to follow it, I know).

2014-02-05 9:00 AM

User image

Houston, Texas
I have to admit, I completely fizzed out on this weekend challenge. I had plans, was ready for the weekend, and it all went out the window. Right along with Monday it seems like. However, I did make it to the gym yesterday on the way home from work! ^_^ *and* there was a lane open in the pool! I swam, spent some time on an odd little stationary bike, and ran a bit.... a little mini tri!

I swam for what felt like forever but was more likely only 30 mins or so. I did 300m total, but I had a lot of breaks in there (every 25m or so). I just have to keep reading these posts you guys put up about how it does improve. My biggest struggle is breathing. I try breathing every other stroke when I get tired (oh, 30 seconds into the lap) but even then I feel out of breath. I've got a ton of work to do on my form, as well as my breathing. I know when I started running I had the same issue with breathing. It takes me a long time to get my lungs in shape to keep up with the workout. My muscles very rarely get sore.... the shortness of breath is what makes me stop. I'm aiming to get to the pool very regularly to break through that wall with my breathing.

Cassowary, I know it's pretty late, but congrats on the 400m swim! I keep going back and reading all the swim posts, you guys are my encouragement! (and congrats on the house... how exciting!)

Pixiedust, nice job getting up so early! I've not been able to convince myself to do that very often, because the few times I've gotten up and moving at that time there are too many people in the pool! It's definitely a great way to start off your days though.

Rod, hope your ankle starts to feel better soon. Yesterday was the first time I've done any exercise that involved my hands since I hurt my wrist. I'm still wearing a brace during the day, but was pleasantly surprised to find that swimming didn't bother it. Maybe you can use this time to do some additional work on your upper body to stick with your schedule.

Keep up the good work everyone! It's very motivating. I'm still struggling to get back into a solid routine, but you guys are a good push for it.

Shannon
2014-02-05 11:03 PM
in reply to: tweets_4611

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Limited time, pool was closing soon and I NEEDED the hot tub for at least 5 minutes before I left. Pool is freezing, so wetsuit legal.
600 yard continuous swim followed by some kicking drills.
I noticed I slowed down after the first 400. I was under a minute per length or under 4 minutes per 100 until I hit 400. I had to push to finish albeit at slower pace.
2014-02-06 7:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Lovey

Limited time, pool was closing soon and I NEEDED the hot tub for at least 5 minutes before I left. Pool is freezing, so wetsuit legal.

Thank you for helping me wake up and get going with a good laugh. I dang near fell out of my chair when I read your post. "Pool is freezing, so wetsuit legal" Priceless
2014-02-06 7:03 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
All the talk about time to train and getting in workouts makes me keep repeating again and again, Time change in March, Time Change in March, Time Change in March. It is amazing how big of a difference a couple extra hours of light make, but they do.
2014-02-06 10:13 AM

User image

Houston, Texas
I hadn't thought about this... now I'm excited! I'll be joining you in the chanting.... I'm looking forward to seeing sunlight again!

*Time Change in March, Time Change in March*

All the talk about time to train and getting in workouts makes me keep repeating again and again, Time change in March, Time Change in March, Time Change in March. It is amazing how big of a difference a couple extra hours of light make, but they do.

2014-02-06 7:44 PM
in reply to: tweets_4611

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Finally, 34 degrees and no snow at least for a few days. Still had to dodge some ice patches but mostly clear roads.
Got a nice 4 mile run in. My running partner and buddies seem to struggle on this run. They struggled on Sunday too. I didn't struggle on either one.
I think all the cross training I have been doing has helped keep my fitness level on track so getting back to running felt ok, at least for this shorter distance.

Go tri -training!

2014-02-07 3:59 AM

User image

Gold Coast, Australia

Good work, Lovey! Sounds like the running's coming along nicely, despite the cold. It's just starting to cool off a little here and there's a chill in the air in the mornings....dropping to around 20 degrees C (google tells me that's 68 in farenheit) so we know winter is on the way. For the life of me I can't comprehend running in ice and snow .

I had a pleasant easy 5km run yesterday morning, still taking it easy. Today was going to be the swim time trial at the pool I couldn't do last week but once again my plan was foiled. Had to do the daycare run instead, oh well, take it as a rest day, try again another time.

2014-02-07 8:23 AM

User image

Houston, Texas
I got in a swim yesterday after work. I discovered there is a gym with a pool not too far from the office, so my plan for now is to hit that gym instead of the one by the house. My commute is about an hour and a half, so by the time I get near the house I'm so sick of being in my car and just want to be home I tend to not go. Yesterday worked out nicely.

I struggle so badly with the breathing. Yesterday was a good workout I think. I did several laps of the drills I learned, and several trying to put the whole stroke together. I just can't get very far at all without feeling like I'm gasping for air. Someone mentioned that I need to focus more on breathing out all the way before taking my next breath. Hard part is as soon as I get tired I feel like I need air *now*. It's hard to focus on the different parts of the stroke and get the method right when I can't breath.

I know it will get better, I ran into this wall when I started running. I'd get so out of breath long before my muscles were tired. After some practice it gets better, but it sure is frustrating!

Lovey, way to go on running in the cold. I haven't figured out how to really make that work yet. The cold air hurts my throat and lungs when I try. I'm a pretty big wimp when it comes to cold, so I guess it's appropriate I live in Tx

Taringa, keep trying! I've really been struggling getting into a routine, but things eventually start to come together. It sounds like wonderful weather to run it.
2014-02-08 9:01 AM

User image

New user

Guys I need some help and motivation to train.
I have been dealing with a very stressful situation and the wheels have fallen off my training. I know I need to start again but motivating myself is what I am finding difficult. I'm not doing anything at the moment. I need a kick start.
I'm still around even though I haven't been on the site lately. But I just thought I'd stick my head up and say hi.

Michael
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 2 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10 K) - Closed Rss Feed  

of 33

RELATED POSTS

Daffodil and JuniperJen’s New Parents Tri’ing Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by juniperjen
Views: 24945 Posts: 329

2014-07-12 2:16 PM Happyinmarin

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16474 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 30260 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Triguys Tri Team (all levels welcome) - CLOSED SORRY Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by triguy1043
Views: 19204 Posts: 190

2014-04-02 11:34 AM lsousa

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 29, 2013
author : jtriathlete
comments : 0
I'm curious about the 'don't increase your run by more than 10% per week' rule. Is there a minimum mileage under which this doesn't apply?

date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : June 5, 2006
author : mikericci
How should I go about training for the marathon while also building base in the other two events? Doing this seems like it's causing me to break the 10% rule in running.
date : October 2, 2005
author : DominiqueL
Yes, the Dual is a little heavier than Cervèlo’s high end counterparts. But…the price is within reach of the masses and it still incorporates all of the design features that make a Cervèlo special.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.
comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.