BT Development Mentor Program Archives » IronAnneKidd's Mentor Group - Closed for business! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 24

2011-02-02 12:47 PM
in reply to: #3335284

User image

Expert
CenTex
Subject: RE: IronAnneKidd's Mentor Group - Closed for business!
Afternoon, all!  Got a late start today.  Had a meeting at my sons' school to work on some transition planning (not the T1/T2 kind) that went longer than I anticipated.  Also, we are experiencing rolling blackouts due to increased load demand b/c of the abnormally cold weather in TX.  (It's currently 23 degrees and isn't expected to warm up much.  It's colder here than in Boston, New York and Sweden at the moment!  No snow, though.)

Not sure what the workouts will entail today.  I have volleyball tonight @ 9:00 so I will probably try and get something in but I'll play it by ear.  Have to work a little late since I got in late but it's not an issue.

Hope everyone has a good day!

2011-02-02 1:34 PM
in reply to: #3262562

User image

New user
NW Indiana
Good afternoon all......still under blizzard warning here in NW IN.....just shoveled the drive again....yard is full of 4 to 5' drifts. Soooo....wont be running today per my program, but I'm heading out for some xc skiing since there's no traffic....close as I'm going to get today I suspect. I too have done a little shopping.....new jammer swimsuit, running shoes and bike shorts. On the lookout for a cheap but serviceable road/tri bike too.....
2011-02-02 2:03 PM

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
ok so the plant manager got us pizza for lunch.......food makes everything better
2011-02-02 9:40 PM

User image

New user
NW Indiana
gym not reopening until 7am tomorrow, so that precludes my prework workout......hopefully 5 hours of snow shoveling and a bit of xc skiing today will make up for it.
2011-02-03 6:43 AM

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
good morning everyone
2011-02-03 7:40 AM
in reply to: #3336718

User image

Expert
CenTex
Morning all!  We are preparing for Blizzard 2011 in Central TX; 1.5" of snow expected tonight.  Look out for the run on generators at Home Depot!

2011-02-03 7:54 AM

User image

New user
NW Indiana
Good morning all.....-11 on my backyard thermometer this morning in beautiful sunny NW Indiana....back to work...snow day's are over.
2011-02-03 8:16 AM
in reply to: #3336800

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
cornchexs - 2011-02-03 7:40 AM Morning all!  We are preparing for Blizzard 2011 in Central TX; 1.5" of snow expected tonight.  Look out for the run on generators at Home Depot!

I remember growing up in South Texas.  Any amount of snow was unheard of.
2011-02-03 8:35 AM

User image

Regular

Good morning everyone.  Hope you all stay warm and safe.  Just got back from a swim @ the gym.
Have a good day.

2011-02-03 11:11 AM
in reply to: #3336873

User image

Expert
CenTex
jsoza - 2011-02-03 8:16 AM
cornchexs - 2011-02-03 7:40 AM Morning all!  We are preparing for Blizzard 2011 in Central TX; 1.5" of snow expected tonight.  Look out for the run on generators at Home Depot!

I remember growing up in South Texas.  Any amount of snow was unheard of.

We get snow about once every 5 years.  Typically not much more than 2-3".  That's often enough for me.  It is expected to snow tonight, then be in the 60's by the weekend.  That's why I LOVE winter in TX!
2011-02-04 6:38 AM

User image

Veteran
Chicago suburbs
Ysterday got to the gym and got in 3.6 mile run and some weights. Trying to get there again today and do another run and some other muscle group work. Just an FYI, that I'm heading out Saturday on a business trip so will only have sporadic access for the next week. Hope everyone is getting the workouts in despite the weather!

2011-02-04 6:39 AM
in reply to: #3338623

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
Out2BeALoser - 2011-02-04 6:38 AM Ysterday got to the gym and got in 3.6 mile run and some weights. Trying to get there again today and do another run and some other muscle group work. Just an FYI, that I'm heading out Saturday on a business trip so will only have sporadic access for the next week. Hope everyone is getting the workouts in despite the weather!

you have been getting some good runs in.....great job
2011-02-04 7:21 AM

User image

New user
NW Indiana
Didnt make it to the gym yesterday because of work commitments from both jobs. Made it in this morning before work though and got in some weight/strength and about a 2 mile run (per my program)......felt pretty good and wanted to keep going but I am trying to stick to the program. I'm pretty good at causing overuse injuries, which is why I decided to go with a program instead of freelancing on my own.....now I just have to stick to it.
2011-02-04 7:53 AM

Veteran
Indiana
OK, so today is a 12 hour day shift. I usually don't get much of a workout on these days; typically just a 30 min treadmill run in the morning. But today I got up early and went to the early am spin class. It was pretty good! I am going to have to do this more often...
2011-02-04 8:01 AM
in reply to: #3338724

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
alath - 2011-02-04 7:53 AM OK, so today is a 12 hour day shift. I usually don't get much of a workout on these days; typically just a 30 min treadmill run in the morning. But today I got up early and went to the early am spin class. It was pretty good! I am going to have to do this more often...

wow a morning spin class....keep it up
2011-02-04 8:49 AM
in reply to: #3338724

User image

New user
NW Indiana
alath - 2011-02-04 7:53 AM OK, so today is a 12 hour day shift. I usually don't get much of a workout on these days; typically just a 30 min treadmill run in the morning. But today I got up early and went to the early am spin class. It was pretty good! I am going to have to do this more often...

Great job.....they have 6am spin classes at my gym, but by the time they finish I would not make it to work on time....I have to be headed for the showers by 6:10 or I'm late.....they sound like a lot of fun from what I hear in the hallway.

2011-02-04 11:21 AM
in reply to: #3338841

Veteran
Indiana
SFD156 - 2011-02-04 9:49 AM

Great job.....they have 6am spin classes at my gym, but by the time they finish I would not make it to work on time....I have to be headed for the showers by 6:10 or I'm late.....they sound like a lot of fun from what I hear in the hallway.

This one runs from 0530 to 0700. It is listed in the program as two separate back-to-back spin classes, but apparently people kind of just come and go as their work schedule demands.
2011-02-04 11:56 AM
in reply to: #3339261

User image

Expert
CenTex
As predicted, we received ~1.5" of snow last night and people started driving into each other.  I made it to work a couple of hours late but the gym wasn't open.  Now, as is also typical, the snow is melting, so I should be able to get in a workout this afternoon.

Went to the ortho yesterday and have an MRI scheduled for Tuesday.  Right knee looks good but left knee appears to have some issues, based on the xrays.  I have some visible bone spurs and arthitis on the left side, which is the one that has already been scoped a couple of times.

He did say that I shouldn't run but he also said that he would understand if I continued.  (He's also a triathlete, so he gets it.  That's why I selected him.)  He said that I should probably pass on the 140.6 but that I could still do sprints & olys but probably not as fast as I'd like.  I've pretty much given up on fast, as long as I can still race.

Hope everyone is well!
2011-02-04 12:43 PM
in reply to: #3339329

User image

New user
NW Indiana
cornchexs - 2011-02-04 11:56 AM As predicted, we received ~1.5" of snow last night and people started driving into each other.  I made it to work a couple of hours late but the gym wasn't open.  Now, as is also typical, the snow is melting, so I should be able to get in a workout this afternoon.

Went to the ortho yesterday and have an MRI scheduled for Tuesday.  Right knee looks good but left knee appears to have some issues, based on the xrays.  I have some visible bone spurs and arthitis on the left side, which is the one that has already been scoped a couple of times.

He did say that I shouldn't run but he also said that he would understand if I continued.  (He's also a triathlete, so he gets it.  That's why I selected him.)  He said that I should probably pass on the 140.6 but that I could still do sprints & olys but probably not as fast as I'd like.  I've pretty much given up on fast, as long as I can still race.

Hope everyone is well!

I guess thats better than hearing you have to hang it up.
2011-02-04 2:32 PM

I have been a slacker and hiding too. No decent excuses like the fantastic weather the rest of the nation is getting either! I ran and rode in snow and freezing temps previous years though I don't have all the layers of fleece I used to wear to do that. Nope just lazy and down with no reason, no excuse.

So Here is where I am at I can start a walk run program no matter the temps, riding however will be out on days too cold and swimming is a no go till I join a pool. So I have challenged myself this month to get in an average of 5 workouts weekly of any kind till the end of the month and then go from there. I just need to get moving! I have set some weight loss goals that are more reasonable and picked up a new book from Rodale Press 'Ride Your Way Lean' by Selene Yeager, I like her writing in Bycyling. I am adding to the task list join a pool/gym, assess and order equipment for the year, and decide on a race schedule getting signed up for the first one!
Somebody please nag my lazy arse!!!!

So anyway in other news I am staying with DD till the end of the year and going to school I am signed up for the first two classes starting pretty soon. DD says my main job this year is to go to school and train for triathlons! (and take care of and educate the two hooligans I brought with me)
In the weather news we got zero precipitation no snow just cold cold cold! I am in southern AZ and we woke up to frozen pipes on Wed! I went to town bouthg insulation and did the outdoor pipes on Thurs we woke to no hot water the pipe in the garage froze! I insulated those too so this am yay we had water cold and hot! LOL minor travails compared to much ofthe country but good grief there were a lot of people without water including schools! Many Tucson schools have closed due to cold and frozen pipes some have no heat!

Again someone needs to keep after this lazy behini
2011-02-04 2:43 PM
in reply to: #3339612

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
TriathlonMum - 2011-02-04 2:32 PM I have been a slacker and hiding too. No decent excuses like the fantastic weather the rest of the nation is getting either! I ran and rode in snow and freezing temps previous years though I don't have all the layers of fleece I used to wear to do that. Nope just lazy and down with no reason, no excuse.

So Here is where I am at I can start a walk run program no matter the temps, riding however will be out on days too cold and swimming is a no go till I join a pool. So I have challenged myself this month to get in an average of 5 workouts weekly of any kind till the end of the month and then go from there. I just need to get moving! I have set some weight loss goals that are more reasonable and picked up a new book from Rodale Press 'Ride Your Way Lean' by Selene Yeager, I like her writing in Bycyling. I am adding to the task list join a pool/gym, assess and order equipment for the year, and decide on a race schedule getting signed up for the first one!
Somebody please nag my lazy arse!!!!

So anyway in other news I am staying with DD till the end of the year and going to school I am signed up for the first two classes starting pretty soon. DD says my main job this year is to go to school and train for triathlons! (and take care of and educate the two hooligans I brought with me)
In the weather news we got zero precipitation no snow just cold cold cold! I am in southern AZ and we woke up to frozen pipes on Wed! I went to town bouthg insulation and did the outdoor pipes on Thurs we woke to no hot water the pipe in the garage froze! I insulated those too so this am yay we had water cold and hot! LOL minor travails compared to much ofthe country but good grief there were a lot of people without water including schools! Many Tucson schools have closed due to cold and frozen pipes some have no heat!

Again someone needs to keep after this lazy behini

nag nag nag nag

2011-02-04 3:05 PM
in reply to: #3339626

LOL I see business has not picked up much, well since you nagged I am going to sign off and get moving, time to take the kids to dance LOL
2011-02-05 5:17 AM

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Good morning everyone.

Sorry I was MIA the last 2 days. I was having a heart procedure on Thursday, ended up not having surgery becaus they couldn't find what they were looking for. I spent yesterday at my best friends house recovering where it is quiet.

I'll go back and read all the new posts a little later this morning.
2011-02-05 7:25 PM
in reply to: #3340254

Veteran
Indiana
Anne, here's hoping all goes well with your recovery. Sounds frustrating to think you're going to get a surgery and a problem fixed, and then it doesn't happen.

The Winter blah's finally hit me today. I'd been pretty immune up to this point, but today I had sick kids in the house, starting to feel prodromal-sick myself - just very low energy, wanting to sleep and sit and snack instead of working out. Plus it is a night shift day. After sleeping I was a bit better and had a short treadmill run (did manage to up my speed a couple ticks, tho) before heading to work. I hope this blah does not last.
2011-02-06 10:54 AM

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Hi everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA this weekend, I've slept most of the past few days.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » IronAnneKidd's Mentor Group - Closed for business! Rss Feed  

of 24