BT Development Mentor Program Archives » GrooveTime!group - CLOSED!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 276

2010-06-09 9:48 AM
in reply to: #2906653

New user
Subject: RE: GrooveTime!group - CLOSED!!!

SteveB,

Gatineau Park Hills??? As in park at the main south entrance (maybe I should look at a map and confrim this...) and right up to the top? I have driven that many times and I do not see how that could be an 'easy' right by any sense.

Those hills at Gat park or pretty nasty but always full of cyclists in the daylight hours. Beautiful area to ride as well as views if you ride to the top.

2010-06-09 9:48 AM
in reply to: #2559115

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnesota
Tracey, Mandy, SteveB,

I am super excited for your races this weekend.

Denise
2010-06-09 10:12 AM
in reply to: #2910659

User image

Champion

SHAUN -

Yup! Those are the ones!

If you look at a map, 9/10 times I will park at the east corner of Gatineau Parkway and Meech Lake Road, and then go counter-clockwise --- G.P., up Fortune Lake Parkway, right turn on Champlain Pkwy to Champlain lookout, back down C.P. to Gatineau Parkway, left on G.P. to the start. That is about 26km, and takes me 50-55 minutes, depending on lots of stuff. It is a wicked route, at least by my standards, with the toughest slog by far being the climb up Fortune Hill Parkway (the stretch between Meech lake Road and Fortune Pond itself is the hardest). I have done that route the other way, but for some reason don't enjoy it so much. The descent down F.L.P. just requies too much intense braking.)

Another popular route that adds to the above is to begin at the base of Gatineau Parkway, and I will do that one if I am in the west end of Ottawa beforehand; otherwisw, it is easier for me to get to the park by going through Old Chelsea.

I often do it as abrick, which I did two days ago. There is the ride above, and then after it I run the north end of Gat Pkwy from the parking lot to where it crosses Meech lake Road, and then back again, which is 7km with a very small add-on. That's a good workout, to be sure!

I never look forard to riding the Gats, as it is a LOT of work, but of course it always feels good to have done it. I mean, where I live there are no topographically challneging rides, and the only way to push myslef is by doing speed or working hard in tough gearings.

And on any given day in the Gats, there are always scads of cyclists!

2010-06-09 10:17 AM
in reply to: #2910637

User image

Champion

DENISE -

Um, enjoy the wind? Embrace it? It is your friend?

It's pretty much a constant here, and it really does get tiring after a........while. I'm in a huge expanse of mostly flat farmlands, and there's not much to buffer or deflect it when it gets going -- which is most of the time. We don't have too many really rip-roaring days, or at least when it gets that way I just pass on the ride.

I'm super excited about the races, too!

2010-06-09 10:27 AM
in reply to: #2910728

User image

Champion

STEVE -

Thinking of you with the following, which is in a column by Steve Trew called "Awesome Sessions" in the British tri mag "220 Triathlon":

"Greg Welch used to have a big training day when he was preparing for an Ironman: 'I'd ride 100 miles on the bike and finish up by the running track, then my track session was 10x1 mile, five-minute mile pace, with a 60-second stand or jog recovery. There were always a few guys who'd come along and prepare for this to beat me. A few of them could stay with me for four or five of the reps, maybe get in front on a couple, but no one ever beat me on the ten overall.' "

With your love of speedwork, and your belief that it has a role in iron-training, you might approve Welchy's attitude there!

And for homework, search out Greg Welch and read abouit what led to his retirement. (With your awareness of heart rate zones, you'll also "appreciate" that!) If you can't find it, I'll tell you about it later.

Edited by stevebradley 2010-06-09 10:30 AM
2010-06-09 10:30 AM
in reply to: #2910762

User image

Champion

STEVE (and others) -

In the same article as cited above, heer is how iron-ace Hillary Biscay responded when her coach askled her what swim training set she wanted to do with her group on her birthday:

"100x100 metres, please."

YIKES!!!!

2010-06-09 10:53 AM
in reply to: #2910264

Master
Kitchener
stevebradley - 2010-06-09 8:42 AM ANNE - That's a very impressive pace to ride at on a 23! And you're right, that the differences are pretty significant going form 23 to 25, and then from 25 to 27; to make the jump from a 27 to a 23 is enormous. I know all of this, but tend to forget it. So when I struggled some the other day with the 23 on the really steep part and then bopped into the 25 and was fine.....I was pleasantly surprised, yet shouldn't be. It was a bit humbling to get home and count the teeth and realize I was in a 25-11 instead of a 23-11. I mean, there I was on the ride climbing so well, and feeling great that I was doing so well in what I THOUGHT was a 21 with the 23 as a bail-out......and then discovering that it was really a 23 with the 25 as the bail-out. Hell's bells!! Just curious as to the rim depth of your Zipps. At your size you must get pushed around quite a bit by stiff crosswinds if the Zipps are anything much deeper than what --- 40? Mine are, um, er.......60? And I feel a good blast at times that can grab my attention, and I'm 6'2" and 170 or so! (But maybe part of what I'm feeling is less the wheels than me, myself; I guess I provide more of a wind-target than the wheels!) I just checked -- mine are Hed Jet 60. (See? I knew all along! )

Thank you.       I was much happier on the return half despite the headwinds.   The really interesting thing though is that when I was on the flats I was flying and Ken couldn't keep up with me.    Is an 11-23 better on flat routes than the 12-27?

I don't know what 40 and 60 means pertaining to rim depth but I have ZIPP 404's and if I measure the black part of the rim it is 2".  

I put some more detail into my log about the ride itself and things I need to remember about the route for race day.   We're probably crazy but we both want to do it again one more time before the race.   I want to get the feel with the right cassette and even though I made mental notes about some of the hills between 25-35 km, I have already forgotten.   There are a couple that sneak up on you after you have really expended yourself on the stuff just before.   Not sure if that is the right strategy.   Also a sharp turn from Brunell onto S. Portage and you can get some FAST speed coming down hill on Brunell (it took me 4+ minutes to climb).   Ken wants to see just how fast we can go and make the turn safely onto S. Portage.  

Next time we will swim first though, and then bike.   We have so many rides we want to do but the time is getting short between the 3 races.    I don't want to over do it.   This weekend we are doing a local 72km Tour de Grand.   

2010-06-09 11:03 AM
in reply to: #2910274

Master
Kitchener
stevebradley - 2010-06-09 8:49 AM ANNE again - My crash last June (Saturday will be the one-year anniversary; how sweet!) was with my training wheels, and even though nothing happened to them, I was VERY gald the race wheels weren't on. That just would've been something else to worry about post-crash, nd in fact it is likley that they would've sustained some damage that might not happen to sturdy, run-of-the-mill training wheels. I can often be very lazy about changing out my race wheels, and historically that happens more commonly as any given season progresses. I used to rationalize/justify it by figuring I was racing so often that why should I bother, but since last June I have tried to use them once just before a race, and then remove them after the race before my next training ride. (Sounding all self-righteous there, I have to admit that even late last season I got a bit slack about removing them promptly. Like I've said before, i'm a slow learner!) Are carbon-fiber wheels more delicate than basic wheels? Well, I'm sure they are --- but how much so?

When I first got my race wheels I used them all summer because they were so cool and I wasn't really comfy with switching off wheels, but HAD to take them off in the winter because I only had one bike which I used on the trainer.    My bike guy said that I really shouldn't use the race wheels all the time due to the risk of wreaking them in an accident or riding over a pothole on a road that I'm not familiar with.  They are pretty fragile.  Although he said I COULD ride them all summmer for years and not worry about general wear factor, because I am fairly light.  

I have good 'training' wheels but I could really notice the difference putting the Zipps on yesterday.    I think it is a nice psychological boost keeping them just for the races.  

I did notice that the roads seemed ALOT bumpier yesterday.   Ken noticed that as well.   He was using his race bike/wheels this time.    Why is that?  I thought maybe it was because we had just put more air pressure in, but Ken said it was the same.  
2010-06-09 11:09 AM
in reply to: #2910659

Master
Kitchener
smarx - 2010-06-09 10:48 AM

SteveB,

Gatineau Park Hills??? As in park at the main south entrance (maybe I should look at a map and confrim this...) and right up to the top? I have driven that many times and I do not see how that could be an 'easy' right by any sense.

Those hills at Gat park or pretty nasty but always full of cyclists in the daylight hours. Beautiful area to ride as well as views if you ride to the top.

Ken and I have cycled there a couple of times.   First time was a couple of days after I did my first (and only) duathlon in Ottawa in October of '08.   We parked in a parking lot just north of Rue Gamelin and cycled up the Gatineau Promenade? I think it is called.   There were tons of cyclists.    It was tough for sure.   My speed at the top was just over 18km/hr.    But the view at the top was worth it for sure and it was crazy fast going downhill.   

I would love to live in that area.
2010-06-09 12:20 PM

User image

Hey Steve,

I'll need to check out the articles/interviews you mentioned.  Those sound BRUTAL.  I have to wonder, when someone does 100x100, is there any rest between those?  10 seconds?  20 seconds?  Or is that a fancy way of saying, "10,000 meters". LOL.

Ran last night - run still feels terrible.  Legs feel like a badly folded chair - heavy, clunky, knees are sore, calves (especially the right one - the muscle that wraps around from the outside) feels very tight, yadda, yadda, yadda.  HR was finally in a "normalish" zone though.  Did about 4.5 miles in about 35 minutes before it got to a point where I felt the feet slapping on the pavement and shut it down.  Stretched, iced and will go again tomorrow.  This is clearly going to be the toughest piece to pull together prior to Vineman.  Swim and bike are fine. 

ALSO!  Race schedule is possibly changing.  I kept hearing, PumpkinMan, so looked it up...intriguing!

Possibly considering now:
Vineman Half - 7/18
Malibu Oly - Sept 11
PumpkinMan Half - 10/23
Silverman Half - 11/7

After Sunset, I'm not too concerned about doing two halves close to one another - I recovered from Showdown quickly with no real illl effects.  Plus, my parents might be out in LALA land in early October, and if I can talk them into staying over, I'd like to have them see me race. 

Ego still wants to do the full Siverman, body is trying to talk me out of it.  LOL.

2010-06-09 12:23 PM
in reply to: #2906605

User image

augeremt - 2010-06-07 3:28 PM
thall0672 - 2010-06-06 1:25 PM
stevebradley - 2010-06-05 11:01 PM TRACEY once more - The Pumpkinman sprint is on Sept. 11, and it's in South Berwick. The distances are 1/3mile/14mile/3mile. Unless they have changed the course, the biggest challenge is the run from swim exit to T1, which climbs a large hill. I think for the half they offer an award for the person who runs the hill the fastest. But maybe they have changed that part of it. I haven't done P-man, but it has a very good reputataion. This year will be its 3rd or 4th, I think. And it's a good thing that, a la Timberman, the sprint and half-iron are held on different days!
Thanks Steve. I knew about Pumpkinman, sort of. I think I knew it was in New England in late summer but wasn't sure where. For my current races, I'm thinking of staying more local since there seem to be so many around the Massachusetts area. Just because scheduling travel can be such a hassle, it'll make it easier in the future if I decide to do the same races in upcoming seasons to see how I progress. (At the time I registered for Timberman, I had absolutely no idea how common tri races were. Before that, I was planning to do the Danskin tri in Webster, Mass, but it sold out very quickly. So I immediately signed up for the next local-ish one I could find that had registration open, which was Timberman.) I'm thinking possibly the Title 9 women's tri in Hopkinton on September 12th (also a Max Performance race).

Apparently Pumpkinman is a popular tri race name since I'm doing one of the same name in October but in Vegas, a far cry from Maine. Hopefully it cools down by then.

Hey, Maybe I'll see you there.  I looked it up yesterday, and am thinking about adding it to the schedule. 

2010-06-09 1:44 PM
in reply to: #2910660

User image

Extreme Veteran
Carver, Massachusetts
LadyNorth - 2010-06-09 10:48 AM

Tracey, Mandy, SteveB,

I am super excited for your races this weekend.

Denise

Thanks Denise! The nervousness is starting to settle in now. Although I have to admit I've really eased off on the training schedule the last few days. It's kind of like when you spend weeks and months preparing for a big exam, and the only thing left to do is just go ahead and take the damn test (or in this case, do the race!) After all these months of training, I'm going to do as well as I'm going to on Saturday, regardless of whether I squeeze that last run in beforehand.

2010-06-09 2:52 PM
in reply to: #2910826

User image

Champion

ANNE -

If you are capable (and I'm sure you are) of pushing a big gear, you'll want the 11-toother for those heavenly times at which you're on flats with a wind at your back. Pop it into the big ring, slip down to the 11, and just hammer for all you're worth.

With a 12cog and decent descents, you may "run out of gears", but of course that can also happen with an 11; the 11 just gives you a few more moments of generating some watts before there is no resistance left against which to pedal. As you describe Muskoka, I would think the best of all worlds would be a 11-25, and I would be tempted to take in my 11-23 rather than a 12-27. (As I found yesterday with having a 25 as my biggest cog on my training wheels.....I'm not too sure what my current configuration is on my race wheels!)

I have done two races in which I was thankful for my 27, and that was Ironman Lake Placid and North Country Triathlon, which features a monster-long climb approaching the halfway point. While it would be nice for one of the Timberman climbs, overall, i'd rather have the 11, which goes with my 25 (I think? ).

And no -- I don't think you're crazy at all for riding the Muskoka course multiple times. First, it's great training terrain. Period. Second, your race there will use the bike as the ace-up-your-sleeve, so you might as well be as familiar with it as possible. Third, it's a pretty easy jaunt for you to get up there. Fourth, you have a built-in training partner; bonus! Fifth, there ar so many people who have done Muskoka many times, that you might as well gain some ground on them in terms of course familiarity -- which counts for a lot (especially on a complicated course such as Muskoka).

You have my blessing for future/further rides up there! Enjoy!!

2010-06-09 2:56 PM
in reply to: #2910849

User image

Champion

ANNE again -

Bumpier roads yesterday, eh? My quick and dirty answer would be along the lines of what you were thinking, that they were inflated more fully. But I guess not.

So.....

Was it with the training wheels one time and the race wheels yesterday? If so, there is your answer........but I can't explain it to you right now. I'm sure I've been told that carbon-fibre race wheels will NOT supply a silky-smooth ride, and in fact are much rougher. So, I think that comes down to stiffness, but beyond that I'll have to dig around and see what exactly is behind this.

Time to get educated!

2010-06-09 3:01 PM
in reply to: #2909491

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
thall0672 - 2010-06-08 7:06 PM  My saddle's so awesome that I went for a ride today with non-padded shorts and felt fine. Woo hoo!

That is awesome!! Good luck this weekend!
2010-06-09 3:02 PM
in reply to: #2910620

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
stevebradley - 2010-06-09 10:36 AM MANDY again - As for eats, I'm not all that fussy. I'm always good for spaghetti and meatballs and a basic tomato sauce, and a meal that has worked well for me before several races is the seasoned chicken breasts and rice pilaf and cole slaw and fresh bread from Denny's, of all places. Whatever works for you is fine for me.....but I guess that depends if it's in Windham or Westbrook, huh? I'm sending mojo to Windham Way for them to pick up the phone when it rings!!

That sounds about like what I do so we are both easy, cool.  When we know where you are staying we can pick out a place.

AND the other thing is, you have to drive by the Dunky D in Windham to get to the race if you come from Westbrook!  Sort of.  It is close enough to count!

Cheers,

Mandy

2010-06-09 3:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Minnesota

Well - I went out for my ride in the wind - but I kinda cheated because I took the trail which is flat and shielded by trees.  At the end, I rode 1/4 mile one-handed and touched the top of my water bottle twice and scratched my nose twice.  It's not so bad once you get over the fear.
Denise
2010-06-09 3:12 PM
in reply to: #2911055

User image

Champion

STEVE -

I didn't think about that. I guess it would be minimal restbetween each, but for how long?

Figure out what undid Greg Welch's career yet?

Two weeks between half-irons is PERFECT, so if the bod continues to counsel you against Silverman full, then twinning Pumpkin with Silver would be ideal. The deal is simple -- you train hard for the first one, rest a day or two after, do a few brisk workouts in all three disciplines, and then go into a brief taper for the second one. The only potential drawback is if the second one is miuch more important to you than the first....and if you can't view the first as just a tune-up. But for some people, even that isn't really a problem. The bottom line is that the training for two HIM with a week in between them makes for a beautifully tight and compatable schedule.

Now, your only decision is going to be how to approach Silverman -- half or full? Have fun with THAT one, because I think i know what all those voices in your head are yelping!

2010-06-09 3:32 PM
in reply to: #2911055

User image

Champion

STEVE again -

Wise move to shut down the run when you did and with the "symptoms" you were displaying. I know you are worried about being ready for Vineman, but I think you have a couple more weeks of "waffle room" to get your run form back in shape.

If you are feeling clunky, and sensing slapping, I think it's time to make a few runs shorter and focus almost exclusively on form. Maybe aim for shorter, quicker strides and see how that feels and sounds. Forget heart rate for a while, and maybe distance, too. I'm thinking about this for maybe just the next two runs, each about 20-30 minutes in length. Be patient with yourself for just a while longer, and you really do have the time to do that. I just think if you emphasize form for a run or three, that will solve a lot of your slappy clunkiness!

Run pretty! Run pretty!

Edited by stevebradley 2010-06-09 3:33 PM
2010-06-09 4:31 PM

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
Hey guys-

I have a question.

I changed my tires over and had no problem with the first tire switch-over (so I am going from old tires to spankin new ones).  I got the second tire on, pumped it up...pssssss - a hole somewhere in the tube.  Ok, so I get another tube, re-do it.  Same thing happens...  I check inside the tire - nothing sharp, this thing is right out of the box, but I check to make sure.  Huh.  The first two tubes I just bought today and thought maybe I got cheap tubes....So I use my third and now last tube on the tire....I blow it up.  It holds.  Cool.  I got for a quick ride.  Get inside, set the bike down....pssssss...not so cool.

So 3 tubes shot (I know I can patch, but geez) and now I am scratching my head as to what the heck the problem is.  I checked for pinches before I pumped up the tire each time.  The second time I had my nephew check for pinches after I did, thinking maybe I missed something (and made him pump it up )  The third time, I almost threw the tire across the road, but then I figured I would just have to go get it.  SO...off goes the rear tire, and I am wondering if that front tire can be relied upon...

The kicker is that it isn't like I can just go run and get another few tubes - the LBS is 75 minutes away.  But I need to get this figured out by say....SUNDAY at least.  Any ideas?? 

SO!! I am taking my rear tire off for yet another time but now can't try anything else until I get into a town with more than a post office.  The upside is I am getting lots of practice fixing flats on my rear tire, I am not 30 miles from home in the rain, and I am currently not in a race.  SO - any ideas as to what to check to figure out what is going on???

Cheers (I am drinking a beer now.  I might even get into the Peach Moonshine our friend from GA smuggled up here after this fiasco!)

Mandy
2010-06-09 4:44 PM

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
Hey guys-

I have a question.

I changed my tires over and had no problem with the first tire switch-over (so I am going from old tires to spankin new ones).  I got the second tire on, pumped it up...pssssss - a hole somewhere in the tube.  Ok, so I get another tube, re-do it.  Same thing happens...  I check inside the tire - nothing sharp, this thing is right out of the box, but I check to make sure.  Huh.  The first two tubes I just bought today and thought maybe I got cheap tubes....So I use my third and now last tube on the tire....I blow it up.  It holds.  Cool.  I got for a quick ride.  Get inside, set the bike down....pssssss...not so cool.

So 3 tubes shot (I know I can patch, but geez) and now I am scratching my head as to what the heck the problem is.  I checked for pinches before I pumped up the tire each time.  The second time I had my nephew check for pinches after I did, thinking maybe I missed something (and made him pump it up )  The third time, I almost threw the tire across the road, but then I figured I would just have to go get it.  SO...off goes the rear tire, and I am wondering if that front tire can be relied upon...

The kicker is that it isn't like I can just go run and get another few tubes - the LBS is 75 minutes away.  But I need to get this figured out by say....SUNDAY at least.  Any ideas?? 

SO!! I am taking my rear tire off for yet another time but now can't try anything else until I get into a town with more than a post office.  The upside is I am getting lots of practice fixing flats on my rear tire, I am not 30 miles from home in the rain, and I am currently not in a race.  SO - any ideas as to what to check to figure out what is going on???

Cheers (I am drinking a beer now.  I might even get into the Peach Moonshine our friend from GA smuggled up here after this fiasco!)

Mandy

2010-06-09 5:31 PM
in reply to: #2911874

User image

Champion

MANDY -

Different tubes, but same wheel?

Check to see if the inside of the wheel has rim tape. This will be either plastic or fabric, and its job is to insulate the tube from the holes and openings that are along the inside of the wheel. Those openings are never sanded and smoothed down perfectly, and if the rim tape is worn or even absent, then problems like what you're describing can occur.

Barring that, have a good feel along both the inside of the wheel and the inside of the tire. Go over both a few times, looking for any miniscule object that could be causing you to flat.

**Another test is to take each blown tube and submerse (submerge?) them and see where the bubbles come from. Mark the spot, and then see how they each line up. If they are all about, say, five inches from the valve, then you know where to look inside either the wheel or the tire. If the area of deflation is at the stem, then it represents a manufacturing flaw and you should be able to return them for a full refund.

Even if the points of deflation are all different, then try to figure out where that might be with respect to the either the wheel or tire. Granted, five inches from the valve can be five inches EITHER DIRECTION from the valve, but usually the culprit is pretty apparent.

And check for the presence (and condition) of the rim tape! When I had my bike in fro a tune-up a few weeks ago, i saw the guy repalces the rim tape. I didn't ask, but just figured he thought it was worn enough to be at risk for having the sharper edges of the openings along the inside of the wheel wear through and puncture my tubes.

I hope this helps some!

** Do this one!

2010-06-09 6:00 PM
in reply to: #2911996

User image

Expert
Caratunk, Maine
stevebradley - 2010-06-09 6:31 PM MANDY - Different tubes, but same wheel? Check to see if the inside of the wheel has rim tape. This will be either plastic or fabric, and its job is to insulate the tube from the holes and openings that are along the inside of the wheel. Those openings are never sanded and smoothed down perfectly, and if the rim tape is worn or even absent, then problems like what you're describing can occur. Barring that, have a good feel along both the inside of the wheel and the inside of the tire. Go over both a few times, looking for any miniscule object that could be causing you to flat. **Another test is to take each blown tube and submerse (submerge?) them and see where the bubbles come from. Mark the spot, and then see how they each line up. If they are all about, say, five inches from the valve, then you know where to look inside either the wheel or the tire. If the area of deflation is at the stem, then it represents a manufacturing flaw and you should be able to return them for a full refund. Even if the points of deflation are all different, then try to figure out where that might be with respect to the either the wheel or tire. Granted, five inches from the valve can be five inches EITHER DIRECTION from the valve, but usually the culprit is pretty apparent. And check for the presence (and condition) of the rim tape! When I had my bike in fro a tune-up a few weeks ago, i saw the guy repalces the rim tape. I didn't ask, but just figured he thought it was worn enough to be at risk for having the sharper edges of the openings along the inside of the wheel wear through and puncture my tubes. I hope this helps some! ** Do this one!

I will do the water test and check that out for sure - I already have all the holes marked.

BUT I have NO rim tape.  But I do on the front one - which held air just fine...  I didn't take it off either, so I am wondering how I got along so long without it....This tire pumps up to a higher PSI than the previous one, so maybe it is just enough pressure to make it go. 

OK so when I go to Portland on Friday, after being made runable by my ART guy I will stop at a bike shop for rim tape and 3 more tubes! (I like to have 2 spares) - I am assuming rim tape is easy enough to install.  maybe I should get 2 just in case....But I will check the tubes that got air in them to make sure it isn't something else causing it.  The lack of rim tape makes sense.

Thanks!

Mandy
2010-06-09 6:30 PM
in reply to: #2911629

Master
Kitchener
LadyNorth - 2010-06-09 4:05 PM
Well - I went out for my ride in the wind - but I kinda cheated because I took the trail which is flat and shielded by trees.  At the end, I rode 1/4 mile one-handed and touched the top of my water bottle twice and scratched my nose twice.  It's not so bad once you get over the fear.
Denise

Glad you enjoyed your ride in the wind.   You made me laugh - scratching your nose twice.   Laughing
2010-06-09 6:37 PM
in reply to: #2911874

User image

manfarr1974 - 2010-06-09 2:31 PM Hey guys-

I have a question.

Mandy

So, it's not a pinch...
Have you checked the wheel?  The inside where the spokes connect to see if there's anything sharp there?  Perhaps a burr on the flat side of the wheel?  You might want to check the newly flat tubes and see if the leak is all in the same place.  If so, check that part of the wheel and tire.

And, I'm out of ideas...but the moonshine is most definitely a good idea!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » GrooveTime!group - CLOSED!!! Rss Feed  

of 276