BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Wurkit_Gurl's Group - CLOSED (sssh...we're training) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 29

2009-05-14 10:57 AM
in reply to: #2150541

User image

Subject: RE: Wurkit_Gurl's Group - CLOSED (sssh...we're training)
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-14 11:28 AM

JJackson07 - 2009-05-14 11:04 AM Got a good swim and run in yesterday and feel pretty good today. Just realized that Memorial Day is next weekend. Anybody have any exciting plans?

Nice workouts!

No plans for Memorial Day weekend, really. I have to go to a wedding that Sunday. Wasn't gonna be bad but now I've gotten some not so fun news in the wedding-related area (former friend used my friendship to steal a guy from me, continually lied about it, and now they're engaged), and so now I want to have nothing to do with weddings, even though it's a friend from work and the other guys from work will be there, so it should be fun otherwise.

SOrry   That explains your message from the other day...Bi-atch...nto good when people do that sort of thing...hope you have fun with your works friends!!

2009-05-14 11:33 AM
in reply to: #2150599

SteveyD - 2009-05-14 11:51 AM

its the cheapness of the bed, i went out and bought a bit of timber to hold it together. Basically, the bed has a support down each side, and then a bar along the middle, however the are meant to be some supports to hold the width, which arn't. This means the slats sometimes fall through which is not a pleasant way to wake up weekend is revision time with workout breaks

You could actually make a solid bed frame rather cheaply, if you had the right design, out of 2x4s and some larger, stumpier pieces for legs. A girl friend of mine made her bed frame in grad school using a basic design her brother drew up. You just need a screw gun

2009-05-14 11:36 AM
in reply to: #2150616

kmbhoya2000 - 2009-05-14 11:57 AM

JJackson07 - 2009-05-14 11:04 AM Got a good swim and run in yesterday and feel pretty good today. Just realized that Memorial Day is next weekend. Anybody have any exciting plans?

Nice workouts!

No plans for Memorial Day weekend, really. I have to go to a wedding that Sunday. Wasn't gonna be bad but now I've gotten some not so fun news in the wedding-related area (former friend used my friendship to steal a guy from me, continually lied about it, and now they're engaged), and so now I want to have nothing to do with weddings, even though it's a friend from work and the other guys from work will be there, so it should be fun otherwise.

SOrry   That explains your message from the other day...Bi-atch...nto good when people do that sort of thing...hope you have fun with your works friends!!

Yes, the Backstabbing Harpy would be the former friend :-P I only found out about it through Facebook, cuz one of my friends was tagged in a photo album of their engagement party - I'm obviously NOT friends with her on Facebook. I haven't spoken to her since she did what she did.

2009-05-14 11:46 AM
in reply to: #2068561

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA
so that i have been mia for a couple of days-that work thing keeps getting in the way of BT. meetings, troubleshooting, training-what do that they think i am a manager or something( iam by the way). so today is a tremendous thursday morning-a challenging hilly walk, a good swim, followed by some sweaty circuit training. felling pretty good this morning. back to back days on my knee and i am feeling normal this morning no swelling or pain. have a great day everyone.
2009-05-14 11:48 AM
in reply to: #2150756

wplummer - 2009-05-14 12:46 PM so that i have been mia for a couple of days-that work thing keeps getting in the way of BT. meetings, troubleshooting, training-what do that they think i am a manager or something( iam by the way). so today is a tremendous thursday morning-a challenging hilly walk, a good swim, followed by some sweaty circuit training. felling pretty good this morning. back to back days on my knee and i am feeling normal this morning no swelling or pain. have a great day everyone.

Sweet - glad to hear the knee is still doing well!

2009-05-14 12:19 PM
in reply to: #2150716

User image

Veteran
Near Lake Tahoe, NV
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-14 9:36 AM

Nice workouts!

Yes, the Backstabbing Harpy would be the former friend :-P I only found out about it through Facebook, cuz one of my friends was tagged in a photo album of their engagement party - I'm obviously NOT friends with her on Facebook. I haven't spoken to her since she did what she did.

Try not to worry about it too much (easier said than done). If it helps you, you can just realize that such an unscrupulous person will probably not be such a great spouse and their relationship is doomed! I think they call it karma or something like that

2009-05-14 1:10 PM
in reply to: #2150848

JJackson07 - 2009-05-14 1:19 PM
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-14 9:36 AM

Nice workouts!

Try not to worry about it too much (easier said than done). If it helps you, you can just realize that such an unscrupulous person will probably not be such a great spouse and their relationship is doomed! I think they call it karma or something like that

It's fine - it'll only fuel my marathon training to be kick-a$$! I work out better when I'm angry. I was mad about it on Tuesday night at swim practice, and the rest of the peeps in my lane had raced that weekend, so they were all tired, and I was riding everyone's a$$ because I was angry and so I was pushing hard. I led the last set and basically dropped everyone. Heh. It's good for my training

Edited by wurkit_gurl 2009-05-14 1:12 PM
2009-05-14 1:20 PM
in reply to: #2150716

User image

Amazing the things you come across on Facebook!  And all of the things that you really didn't need to know that you find out about some people!!!

As James said, karma...do your thing, and someone way better than that guy is gonna come along...
2009-05-14 1:23 PM

User image

Oh, yeah, I did some swimming, couldn't quite fit the whole pyramid in because they were turning the water off in the building, and I had to shower to get back to work; but, I did 100 warm up, 200 alternating breaststroke and freestyle; then 300 alternating, and 40 cool down freestyle.  I realized that when I'm tired, I don't have to give up on freestyle, I just have to give up on the 3-count breaths...I've been stubborn about that, but today, I got the 2 counts to feel pretty good!!  I also kept myself really quick on the turns, so no big break, and I tried to keep my break between the others short. 

Do you wear a watch when you swim??
2009-05-14 1:23 PM
in reply to: #2151030

kmbhoya2000 - 2009-05-14 2:20 PM

Amazing the things you come across on Facebook!  And all of the things that you really didn't need to know that you find out about some people!!!

As James said, karma...do your thing, and someone way better than that guy is gonna come along...

This is the second time I've found out something like that via Facebook/Myspace. I hate online social networking :-P I think I'm gonna take a break from FB for awhile...

2009-05-14 1:25 PM

User image

I only rarely post things, photos once in a while to update my close/faraway friends, or I private message or e-mail; I'm amazed at what people will put on their walls...or notes they send to people on walls.  And how people post photos where you know they're going to be in trouble because of what things imply...CRAZY!!

2009-05-14 1:27 PM
in reply to: #2151046

kmbhoya2000 - 2009-05-14 2:23 PM Oh, yeah, I did some swimming, couldn't quite fit the whole pyramid in because they were turning the water off in the building, and I had to shower to get back to work; but, I did 100 warm up, 200 alternating breaststroke and freestyle; then 300 alternating, and 40 cool down freestyle.  I realized that when I'm tired, I don't have to give up on freestyle, I just have to give up on the 3-count breaths...I've been stubborn about that, but today, I got the 2 counts to feel pretty good!!  I also kept myself really quick on the turns, so no big break, and I tried to keep my break between the others short. 

Do you wear a watch when you swim??

That sounds perfect Glad you were able to get in the swim. I suggested the pyramids so you could get used to swimming longer intervals, so however you choose to do it, that's fine. It's all right to switch to 2-stroke breathing - I will do that when I get tired, or if I'm going faster - some coaches claim that it's a more efficient in terms of oxygen consumption - you've got a steadier flow, if you breathe more often, so when you're tired or pushing, you won't crap out. But regardless, it's totally okay Sometimes in open water, I'll stick to one side if there are lot sof people thrashing about on the other side of me.

Sometimes I wear a watch, sometimes not. Usually not. I'm really bad about timing my swims - we just do the workout we're supposed to do and I log it as about 50-55 minutes, since it always takes us a few minutes to get in the pool and get going - that pool is cold and we're a bunch of sallies But it's good sometimes, to time your sets to see what your average paces are.

2009-05-14 1:28 PM
in reply to: #2151056

kmbhoya2000 - 2009-05-14 2:25 PM I only rarely post things, photos once in a while to update my close/faraway friends, or I private message or e-mail; I'm amazed at what people will put on their walls...or notes they send to people on walls.  And how people post photos where you know they're going to be in trouble because of what things imply...CRAZY!!

Yeah, I don't have many pics up, I only update my status every so often. I realy don't spend much time on it and only signed up because a friend took some pics at a Halloween party 2 years ago and it was the only way for me to see them.

2009-05-14 1:39 PM

User image

I'm going to have a big wake-up call this Saturday when I get to the lake...I've been swimming at our local YWCA, and they do rehab swims there..they keep the water around 90!!!  I just checked and Keuka Lake is 55 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!  YIKES!!  I'm gonna freeze my tush off!!

Wow am I chatty on herer today or what!?!
2009-05-14 1:41 PM
in reply to: #2151106

kmbhoya2000 - 2009-05-14 2:39 PM I'm going to have a big wake-up call this Saturday when I get to the lake...I've been swimming at our local YWCA, and they do rehab swims there..they keep the water around 90!!!  I just checked and Keuka Lake is 55 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!  YIKES!!  I'm gonna freeze my tush off!!

Wow am I chatty on herer today or what!?!

OMG, that's cold!! Wetsuit and neoprene cap, fo' sho'!

2009-05-14 2:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Near Lake Tahoe, NV
Oh facebook can be bad and eat up all of your time at work, almost as bad as BT

2009-05-14 2:35 PM

User image

hehehe!!  Can you tell I'm doing Internet propecting today!?!  I always have to have a few different windows up on my desktop!!!

Chrissy, I have the cap & suit & I am going to try swim socks to see what they feel like...we'll see.  Last night I go the cap in the mail, and it was hysterical, I had it on backwards at first.  It's making me giggly right now thinking about it!!!
2009-05-14 2:39 PM

User image

Oh!  And bring on the May challenge - half way there!!!
2009-05-14 2:52 PM
in reply to: #2151296

kmbhoya2000 - 2009-05-14 3:39 PM Oh!  And bring on the May challenge - half way there!!!
Yay, glad to see a few people are enthused about it! I guess May ended up being a busy month for some folks. Oops! Will think of a better challenge for next month.

2009-05-15 8:01 AM

Hi peeps, it's Friday! I am chillin' out in my new Brooks sneakers in order to test-drive my new orthotics! I have to wear them just around until I can wear them for a whole day and be comfortable. Then I can start running in them. Hooray!!

Ate some gross Mexican for dinner last night - the margarita was good though

What are everyone's weekend plans? I am running 7 miles tomorrow morning, and hopefully  bike riding some time on Sunday. I might also go jockstrap for the Columbia Triathlon, a very difficult and popular Olympic distance race in Maryland, where there are actual cash prizes and pros show up - Chrissie Wellington is going to be racing - I am hoping that she will sweat on me, and I will absorb some of her triathlon mojo! (In case you don't know who that is, she won Kona (for the women) the past 2 years - basically unknown before that, and very new to the sport. She's a total beast.) I am also going to take one of my irl-mentees shopping for necessary triathlon training gear

2009-05-15 9:15 AM

User image

Regular
Oklahoma City

Well, I am running a 10K race in the morning with a forecast of severe thunderstorms. It should be interesting, and maybe an easy bike ride on Sunday.

Everyone seems to be doing well with the May challenge. Good job, everyone. I seem to be the weakest link. It’s not that I don’t want to train, but there are so many things to do and the weather is not cooperating. We have had an obscene amount of rain here! I did have a really nice run last night with a rare patch of sunshine.

2009-05-15 9:16 AM
in reply to: #2152518

User image

Regular
Oklahoma City
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-15 8:01 AM

When I was running yesterday, I decided that my treat for running the 10K on Saturday would be Mexican food with my sister. Is it bad to reward yourself with food like that?
2009-05-15 9:16 AM
in reply to: #2152743

steph94483 - 2009-05-15 10:15 AM

Well, I am running a 10K race in the morning with a forecast of severe thunderstorms. It should be interesting, and maybe an easy bike ride on Sunday.

Everyone seems to be doing well with the May challenge. Good job, everyone. I seem to be the weakest link. It’s not that I don’t want to train, but there are so many things to do and the weather is not cooperating. We have had an obscene amount of rain here! I did have a really nice run last night with a rare patch of sunshine.

Good luck on your 10K - hope the weather cooperates some! Running in the rain isn't bad, though thunderstorms are dangerous!

2009-05-15 9:17 AM
in reply to: #2152747

steph94483 - 2009-05-15 10:16 AM
wurkit_gurl - 2009-05-15 8:01 AM

When I was running yesterday, I decided that my treat for running the 10K on Saturday would be Mexican food with my sister. Is it bad to reward yourself with food like that?

Naw Just don't get into the habit of "rewarding" yourself after every workout. But your first few races are an exception

Edited by wurkit_gurl 2009-05-15 9:18 AM
2009-05-15 10:14 AM

User image

Regular
Oklahoma City
So, girls... I need a new swimsuit. I went to the mall this week, and found exactly two that didn't have buckles or strings holding it together. Where do you go to find something that was made for function and not fashion?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Wurkit_Gurl's Group - CLOSED (sssh...we're training) Rss Feed  

of 29