in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Student march

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by Oysterboy Yeah, but looks like the kid got the best of Laura Ingraham https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/business/media/laura-ingraham-dav...
Yeah, she caved. And the kid was dumb enough to double-down, reject her apology and call out 100 more vendors. Not sure who is advising that kid but I think he showed his immaturity. I would advise him, "Grassahoppa, chose your enemies wisely." She is 4th highest rated TV taking head behind Sean, Tucker and Rachel. She had like 2.6 million viewers nightly on prime time national TV. The thing is, he is making this about him and not about guns/school safety. He got offended that Laura repeated what he had tweeted about being rejected at some CA colleges.

Maybe Laura ought to be the one choosing her enemies wisely. What does she have to gain? Because the Hogg kid has absolutely nothing to lose. He's a highschool kid with no career, no money, no family to support. But he's in the middle of his 15 minutes, and FoxNews hosts arguing with him only extends his time. If he plays his cards right, he can make a quick buck with a book deal or maybe turn his little new-found fame into a run at some deep-blue seat when he's old enough. Worst case scenario for him, he fades into obscurity.

Laura has a multi-million dollar salary on the line. You think Fox won't dump her if enough advertisers leave? O'Reilly had the #1 rated show forever, and Fox stuck with him through all the payouts to women. But the moment he started losing advertisers, they cut the chord real quick. I hear he has a popular podcast now. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Laura is not worried. She had been thru a lot of controversy over the years and always comes out on top. The thing is, whomever is pulling Hogg's strings has lost sight of their cause/movement. This is all about Hogg now and has nothing to do with guns or school safety! He got hurt/offended because Laura 'mocked' him about his tweeting that he had been rejected at CA school. I have to admit I laughed when I read what he'd tweeted. Something along the lines of "....I am changing the world but I can't get into the college I want." Someone better relieve some pressure on that boy's lil haid before it explodes! Laura really didn't need to say anything. Just put his tweet out there and smile. It speaks for itself.

I'd bet O'Reilly wasn't too worried either. I think the count is up to nine advertisers that've bailed on her. It took about 50 before Bill was fired. We'll see how the weekend goes. If she stops the bleeding at nine, she'll be fine. If not...¯\_(?)_/¯

As for the Hogg kid, if he has half a brain then he should be trying to parlay this into whatever fame and money he can. Cause at the end of the day, nothing is going to happen in Washington. No one is losing their guns, nothing is getting banned, mental health is not being addressed, and the 2A is perfectly safe. Americans have a short attention span, and this news story is just about over. Until the next school shooting when the left starts crying again about how we need to ban "assault rifles" to protect the children and the right starts blaming mental health. If you haven't noticed, it's a bit of a cycle. 

Absolutely. 

I bought a new gun safe this morning (ran out of room after inheriting more guns) and spent some time talking to the owners of the shop where I bought it.  One thing for certain, they hope Hogg, Stevens, and the rest of the anti-gun folks keep it up for as long as they can......sales are smoking again.  He said they can't even keep AR-15's in stock because they are sold before they get them and the waiting list is about full for what they have ordered.

I guess I'll build a few more.  I don't really need any more, but someone might.

2018-03-30 2:04 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Holy carp, Trumpy bear comes with a Certificate of Authenticity! Bet it reads something like “this POS was made in China”.

LOL. You can’t deny the resemblance. :-)
2018-03-31 6:16 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Oysterboy Holy carp, Trumpy bear comes with a Certificate of Authenticity! Bet it reads something like “this POS was made in China”.
LOL. You can’t deny the resemblance. :-)

We need to collectively figure out Oysters home address so I can send him a Trumpy Bear!!! lol

2018-03-31 11:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Welp....I see the student/activists from Parkland are calling for Ted Nugent to apologize for his comments against them......I suppose that'll be the end of this. LOL

I admire those kids to a great degree......I've been in a room with the dead victims of a mass shooting....my friends and co-workers.....it's brutal, truly.  God bless each of them....and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

But I've also watched them change and restructure their message, and I'm suspicious that the words are no longer theirs alone.  I doubt my suspicions are unwarranted because I watched the media (left) descend on us in the days after our mass shooting.....I know it first hand. So, shame on those who use these kids when they are most vulnerable. 

And believe me.......it's hard not to want guns to be abolished when you stand over your dead friends.......man, I get it!!....but no.

No......always....No.

A crazed forking idiot is not enough to let go of the ability and right to remain free.....and it never will be.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-03-31 11:38 PM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Student march Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Student walk out

Started by Rogillio
Views: 461 Posts: 6

2018-03-15 7:59 AM Left Brain

Students walk out......... Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Left Brain
Views: 2190 Posts: 62