BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2011-01-17 9:21 PM
in reply to: #3305347

Subject: RE: Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - OPEN
Scott,
Definitley helps. I will check out the LBS option and see what I can find. I will take a look at Craigslist too, never thought of that. Thanks
Tyler

2011-01-18 1:13 PM
in reply to: #3268688

User image

Veteran
Haddonfield, NJ
Scott -

If you have room for one more I'd like to join the group.  I'm a somewhat experienced triathlete having completed several sprints and olys as well as some road running races including a marathon.  I've been inactive for most of the past year mainly due to my expanding family.  I have identical twin girls who just turned two and a 3 week old newborn.

I have made a committment to myself to get back to a healthy lifestyle this year.  My greatest challenge is balancing family/work/eating/training.  This group seems like a good fit for me.

I have two planned 'A' races for 2011.  Black Bear Oly in June and Pocono HIM in October.

Looking forward to participating if you have room.

-Keith aka PanicTour
2011-01-18 3:32 PM
in reply to: #3306739

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
PanicTour - 2011-01-18 1:13 PM Scott -

If you have room for one more I'd like to join the group.  I'm a somewhat experienced triathlete having completed several sprints and olys as well as some road running races including a marathon.  I've been inactive for most of the past year mainly due to my expanding family.  I have identical twin girls who just turned two and a 3 week old newborn.

I have made a committment to myself to get back to a healthy lifestyle this year.  My greatest challenge is balancing family/work/eating/training.  This group seems like a good fit for me.

I have two planned 'A' races for 2011.  Black Bear Oly in June and Pocono HIM in October.

Looking forward to participating if you have room.

-Keith aka PanicTour

Keith-
    Welcome and glad to hear you are making a committment to get back to doing triathlons! CONGRATS on the latest arrival as well... balance is certainly going to be the key with the competing demands you have on your hands. Having a suppportive spouse will be crucial to your preparation and finding the right time to get your daily workouts in will likely require some ingenuity and self sacrifice...
    Find a Mantra... something you can say to yourself... a short phrase... that will keep you motivated on those days where you find yourself having to get up early due to the little one or stay up late in order to get the tubs and bedtime stories read... I like that you have focused on 2 "A" races with some separation.. sounds like a great plan! I will do what I can to offer my two cents along the way...

Scott
2011-01-19 9:39 AM

User image

Veteran
Haddonfield, NJ
Thanks Scott and hello to the Group!  I'm looking forward to this journey.  I'm using the 16-week Oly plan from BT for Black Bear.  I start in 3.5 weeks.  I'll get some workouts where I can over the next few weeks but I'm going to be limited until my wife is fully recovered.

I know I'm going to have to be crative to find the time required.  I'll be looking to the group for some feedback and suggestions.
2011-01-19 9:45 AM
in reply to: #3299076

User image

Veteran
Haddonfield, NJ
Dreams111 - 2011-01-14 8:17 AM Scott,
Thank you so much for all of your advice. I will definitely have to purchase a heart rate monitor. Can you recommend one that works in and out of the pool? My 800 workout that I posted yesterday went really good this morning. Stopped to catch my breathe a few times, but overall concentrated on my technique and slowing it down like you recommended. I appreciate the links to the videos too. Extremely helpful! I am posting my workouts in the training log section of BT. Is there anything else that you might recommend doing on BT? Any helpful tools that I might be missing?
Tyler

Tyler - Did you purchase a HRM yet?  If not, I have a Polar I don't use anymore that you are welcome to have (I just need to find it).  I have a Garmin -- if you are thinking of going that route I really like mine FWIW.

-Keith
2011-01-21 1:11 PM
in reply to: #3301023

New user

Scott,I am currently doing a custom plan from Beginner Triathlete. It is going well. Thank you so much for the web site. Swimsmooth.com is awesome. In case you are wondering I am doing the following Races this year:1. Rock N Roll Marathon Dallas (1/2 marathon) 2. Buffman Oly triathlon: Lubbock, TX3. Strider's Duathlon (5mile Run, 45 bike, 5 mile run), San Angalos, TX4. 70.3 Ironman Buffalo Spring Lakes, Lubbock, TX5. Hotter N Hell (100 mile Bike) Witchita Falls, TXHope your family and training is doing well.James

2011-01-21 1:22 PM
in reply to: #3313779

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
hminus1505a - 2011-01-21 1:11 PM Scott,I am currently doing a custom plan from Beginner Triathlete. It is going well. Thank you so much for the web site. Swimsmooth.com is awesome. In case you are wondering I am doing the following Races this year:1. Rock N Roll Marathon Dallas (1/2 marathon) 2. Buffman Oly triathlon: Lubbock, TX3. Strider's Duathlon (5mile Run, 45 bike, 5 mile run), San Angalos, TX4. 70.3 Ironman Buffalo Spring Lakes, Lubbock, TX5. Hotter N Hell (100 mile Bike) Witchita Falls, TXHope your family and training is doing well.James
James-
    Glad to help... swimsmooth.com is one of my all time favorite sites... the head coach there has a youtube video breaking down Lance Armstrong's swim stroke... VERY INFORMATIVE and even more fascinating to hear the analysis! Glad to see you have a plan that fits your schedule yet meets your goals. Right now I have an interesting mix... I custom built a HM plan using Hal Higdon's MH plan... then merged the bike portion of a BT Duathlon plan on top of it... plus my 3 day a week Masters swim program... complicated but working right now! I did have to do some moving around as the stock plans had me doing all 3 events every Wednesday... I tried it the first week but quickly abandoned it when I nearly fell asleep at the dinner table!
    Your events look awesome... that Du looks like killer event... I am jealous of the 70.3 event in there as welll as I have yet to commit to doing Ironman Augusta... still holding out to determine whether I go to Beijing or not for the ITU Sprint World Championships... I have secured my spot but have not committed 100% due to cost of the trip. 
When is your HM?
Scott
2011-01-21 5:13 PM

User image

New user

Hi Scott if there's still room I'd like to join your group. I am 25 years old. I started tri training last January primarily as a means to loose weight. Last year I was300+ lbs. I am now under 250 and excited to keep going. Followed the beginner exercise program I found here and it really helped menstay on track. I don't have a bike or the means to buy one right now but I did a simulated sprint distance tri at my local y. It was 450m swim 15 mile bike and 5 k run. I finished in under 1 hr 30 min which I was excited about. I have limited time for training. I have 16 month old twin boys that take up most of my time at home. Most of my training is done during my lunch and Saturday mornings. I am current not following a specific plan but am working up to oly distance. I just completed my first 10k training run this past week. I will most likely train up for the oly distance and run another simulated tri later this year.
2011-01-22 11:19 AM

Scott,

I am very new to triathlons and would be interested in joining your group. Here is some of my info.

NAME: touchdown/ Tom Dawson

STORY: I am 38 year old. I have never done a triathlon, but really aspire to do so. I have the most experience running. I have run off an on since being a mid distance runner in high school. As far as swimming, I grew up on a lake but never really developed proper swimming techniques. While in graduate school at the University of Michigan...go blue....I joined a masters swim. This was great to learn basic techniques on how to swim. I feel like I can go to the pool, but I still need to learn so much more. I do see there is a masters group where I live so, I am going to check that out soon. I just started swimming again at the local high school gym but without any coaching. Lastly, in terms of biking I did ride one competitive race a few years ago. I do have a rode bike and enjoying riding outside, but I am truly a beginner in this area.

FAMILY STATUS: Married with one kid (23 months old). He is currently taking swim classes! We are working on trying to have another

CURRENT TRAINING: I am running and swimming. I am following a the beginning swim program found on the web site. Same with the running. However, I would like to get a bit more structured.

THIS YEAR'S RACES:
I haven't picked any triathlons to get into yet, but working on it. There are a few running races I am planning on which are the Irish Jig (5K) first part of March and the 5/3rd run in May (10K)

WEIGHTLOSS: Currently I am 205 lbs at 6' 2" I would like get my weight down to where it was when I was doing alot of swimming and running. I really got into running and swimming when I lived in Australia. I was on an expatriate assignment...did not know anyone when I got there....so I worked out alot at was down to 170.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I am a good listener, committed to learning, and committed to a process
2011-01-22 3:47 PM

Hi, I would love to be a part of this group if possible.  My Name is Michele and I am 40 years old and a real Newbie.  I am a full time working mother of 2 girls (8 and 10).  So my time is somewhat limited but the good news is my husband is also training for his first triathlon.  I am not really proficient in any of the 3 sports being a soccer/softball player growing up.  I do enjoy the bike most and haven't been in the water yet.  I had my ACL repaired 9 months ago from a skiing accident right before (12 hrs.) my 40th birthday.  I am feeling well after rehabbing it but still struggle on the runs.

I'm looking for a group to bounce ideas off of and keep me honest.  I have a friend that has done the Ironman 5 times and is an inspiration and motivator for me but I sometimes need to be more grounded. 
2011-01-23 3:33 PM

Hi there! My name is Stephanie, and I'd like to join your group if you can take one more! I'm a 33 year old mother to my 5 year old son, and my 10 week old daughter.  I've been pretty active all my life, and was a swimmer in school. After I had my son I decided to try and train for a triathlon, went too hard too fast, and really injured my shoulder.  So now 4 years and one baby later, I'm ready to give it another go!  So I'm really new to what I should be doing, and brand new to this site! I was looking at the programs on here, and really liked one of the ones listed for a 22week sprint program.  Any other advice?  Even about when to get on here, or what to do with your forum?  I appreciate all of your time!

2011-01-23 5:15 PM

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
Subject: RE: Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - CLOSED
Tom/Michele/Stephanie... WELCOME!!! Sorry for the delayed response but I spent the weekend in Pensacola with the family attending a long time friend of ours Change of Command... and I DID NOT TAKE MY LAPTOP! Laughing Part of my commitment to spend quality family time....

Edited by Oriondriver02 2011-01-23 5:20 PM
2011-01-23 5:20 PM
in reply to: #3315154

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
touchdown - 2011-01-22 11:19 AM Scott, I am very new to triathlons and would be interested in joining your group. Here is some of my info. NAME: touchdown/ Tom Dawson STORY: I am 38 year old. I have never done a triathlon, but really aspire to do so. I have the most experience running. I have run off an on since being a mid distance runner in high school. As far as swimming, I grew up on a lake but never really developed proper swimming techniques. While in graduate school at the University of Michigan...go blue....I joined a masters swim. This was great to learn basic techniques on how to swim. I feel like I can go to the pool, but I still need to learn so much more. I do see there is a masters group where I live so, I am going to check that out soon. I just started swimming again at the local high school gym but without any coaching. Lastly, in terms of biking I did ride one competitive race a few years ago. I do have a rode bike and enjoying riding outside, but I am truly a beginner in this area. FAMILY STATUS: Married with one kid (23 months old). He is currently taking swim classes! We are working on trying to have another CURRENT TRAINING: I am running and swimming. I am following a the beginning swim program found on the web site. Same with the running. However, I would like to get a bit more structured. THIS YEAR'S RACES: I haven't picked any triathlons to get into yet, but working on it. There are a few running races I am planning on which are the Irish Jig (5K) first part of March and the 5/3rd run in May (10K) WEIGHTLOSS: Currently I am 205 lbs at 6' 2" I would like get my weight down to where it was when I was doing alot of swimming and running. I really got into running and swimming when I lived in Australia. I was on an expatriate assignment...did not know anyone when I got there....so I worked out alot at was down to 170. WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I am a good listener, committed to learning, and committed to a process
Awesome plan... one thing I would SERIOUSLY recommend is that you find a triathlon and put it on the calendar... register if possible... what I have found is that the commitment will force you to focus your training to complete that event and most of the time the fear of that first event is a tremendous motivator! 
This is a perfect time of year to get in some great running events and nail your running technique and performance... local races are FANTASTIC! 
Bike- I would recommend you that you add a dedicated bike training plan to your current overall training plan! Ride what you have for now and if you decide triathlons is your thing you can look to upgrade... but right now just getting time in the saddle is critical!
Hope that helps!
Scott
2011-01-23 5:24 PM
in reply to: #3315427

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
mbeltram - 2011-01-22 3:47 PM Hi, I would love to be a part of this group if possible.  My Name is Michele and I am 40 years old and a real Newbie.  I am a full time working mother of 2 girls (8 and 10).  So my time is somewhat limited but the good news is my husband is also training for his first triathlon.  I am not really proficient in any of the 3 sports being a soccer/softball player growing up.  I do enjoy the bike most and haven't been in the water yet.  I had my ACL repaired 9 months ago from a skiing accident right before (12 hrs.) my 40th birthday.  I am feeling well after rehabbing it but still struggle on the runs.

I'm looking for a group to bounce ideas off of and keep me honest.  I have a friend that has done the Ironman 5 times and is an inspiration and motivator for me but I sometimes need to be more grounded. 
Michele... sounds like you have a great support system ready for action... my first thought would be to go at it slow to avoid any re-injury... getting involved in a swim program would be a fantastic way to provide some low impact training to help build the engine! Sounds like you have a good feeling on the bike... so the next step would be to develop a balanced approach training plan to get you started on all 3 disciplines... there are some great programs here on BT to take a look at... find something that fits your goals and schedule... import it into your training log and get started!!!  Looking forward to your questions and trying to provide some input... 
Again... welcome!
Scott
2011-01-23 5:32 PM
in reply to: #3316581

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
saverdu - 2011-01-23 3:33 PM Hi there! My name is Stephanie, and I'd like to join your group if you can take one more! I'm a 33 year old mother to my 5 year old son, and my 10 week old daughter.  I've been pretty active all my life, and was a swimmer in school. After I had my son I decided to try and train for a triathlon, went too hard too fast, and really injured my shoulder.  So now 4 years and one baby later, I'm ready to give it another go!  So I'm really new to what I should be doing, and brand new to this site! I was looking at the programs on here, and really liked one of the ones listed for a 22week sprint program.  Any other advice?  Even about when to get on here, or what to do with your forum?  I appreciate all of your time!
Stepanie... welcome... glad to hear that you have found a program that works for you... that is the critical first step... I did a "Couch to Sprint" program that I photocopied out of a book I borrowed from a coworker... now... the challenge will be adjusting your schedule to fit in the workouts... my recommendation would be to NOT become a slave to the program... if you need to adjust on the fly then do it... try to complete all of the workouts each week but if life happens and you need to adjust of miss one... don't fret or feel guilty... just adjust your plan and see if you can get it in somewhere else during the week!
Couple of thoughts... import the plan into your training log... set it up to email you the daily workout as a reminder... log all of your events in the log to keep track of your accomplishments and improved performance... FEEDBACK IS CRITICAL even if it is simply self induced by reviewing your logs... but tracking it and logging it will put some pressure on you to stick with it which is huge with little ones! DAILY interaction with the forums here... just make it part of your daily routine ... there is a TON OF GREAT advice on here!
Swimming.... pace yourself... maximize your drill sets to ensure a solid technique with high elbows to prevent a repeat on the shoulder injury... if you have access to a local Masters Swim program... that is a great way to go.. otherwise just fall back on your experience... BUT PACE YOURSELF... hard to do but imperative to avoid injury!!! 
Looking forward to your questions.... 
Scott
2011-01-24 12:37 PM
in reply to: #3316739

Scott,

Thanks. A few questions that I was hoping you could answer. In terms of biking, I live in Michigan so I will be biking indoors with my road bike on a trainer. I assume that is ok. However, in developing a workout plan which I am in the process of doing, I will find it difficult to do the run, biking, and swimming or any combination there of at the same place. I assume, but it may be wrong but that these activities needed to be done during the same workout if the program has called for it. However, what I have been doing thus far is doing the swiming in the morning before work and then doing the running during my lunch hour at work on the treadmill (again it is bruttally cold here right know....i.e., -5 with windchill). If I have to do the running/swiming/biking back to back this will be difficult as the pool that I swim at does not have any excercise equiment, my bike is in the basement on a trainer, etc. I am sure you are laughing at me right now, but how do I make sense of a work out that has running and swimming or running and biking on the same day? Can I break these into two separate work outs. Help??? Also, do you recommend using the website to develop a plan based on putting in a race date, pace, etc, and it develops a customized plan for you? Also in a swim workout is this continous swiming when it says 800M for example. Today, when I have done 800M I am usually doing 200M free warm up, 100M free, 100M pull, 100M board and fins, 100M back stroke, 200M cool down. Do I do this type of work out without resting 30-60 seconds between sets? Ugh!!! Also, should I just do freestyle the whole way. Again, thanks for you thoughts.

Tom

2011-01-24 3:52 PM
in reply to: #3318372

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
touchdown - 2011-01-24 12:37 PM Scott, Thanks. A few questions that I was hoping you could answer. In terms of biking, I live in Michigan so I will be biking indoors with my road bike on a trainer. I assume that is ok. However, in developing a workout plan which I am in the process of doing, I will find it difficult to do the run, biking, and swimming or any combination there of at the same place. I assume, but it may be wrong but that these activities needed to be done during the same workout if the program has called for it. However, what I have been doing thus far is doing the swiming in the morning before work and then doing the running during my lunch hour at work on the treadmill (again it is bruttally cold here right know....i.e., -5 with windchill). If I have to do the running/swiming/biking back to back this will be difficult as the pool that I swim at does not have any excercise equiment, my bike is in the basement on a trainer, etc. I am sure you are laughing at me right now, but how do I make sense of a work out that has running and swimming or running and biking on the same day? Can I break these into two separate work outs. Help??? Also, do you recommend using the website to develop a plan based on putting in a race date, pace, etc, and it develops a customized plan for you? Also in a swim workout is this continous swiming when it says 800M for example. Today, when I have done 800M I am usually doing 200M free warm up, 100M free, 100M pull, 100M board and fins, 100M back stroke, 200M cool down. Do I do this type of work out without resting 30-60 seconds between sets? Ugh!!! Also, should I just do freestyle the whole way. Again, thanks for you thoughts. Tom
GREAT QUESTIONS... I will try to answer them all... 
1. I would import whatever plan you are using into your training log for better tracking... and you can see your week ahead then simply move workouts around as your schedule permits... remember... don't be a slave to your plan... complete the events each week but make it work for you and your family!
2. Training indoors on the bike this time of year is a great alternative
3. Multiple workout days- it is perfectly acceptable and actually preferred to separate the events unless the plan calls for a "brick" workout... then the idea is to transition from one to the other; I routinely do "two a days"... today I biked this morning and tonight I will go to Masters swimming.
4. Swim sets- there is usually a total yardage for the workout... broken into various components as you annotated... what you need to focus on is taking a break btwn sets at an interval that will allow you to do the next one "on form"... meaning... don't rush to do the next set if you are not going to maintain form... that rest period may be longer in the beginning (60-90 secs) of your training but over time you will find you don't need that long... there are times though where you want to push the interval if you are working on improving cardio but the workout should annotate that!
5. I usually do all my swimming using freestyle... but will breast stroke for cool down just to break the monotony... the goal is to develop an efficient freestyle stroke with endurance throughout and thus I focus on only doing it!
Hope that helps!
2011-01-25 8:18 AM
in reply to: #3318932

Awesome thanks. I will get my plan loaded into the website. Thanks for all your help. We swimming again this morning....pool was cold!
2011-01-25 8:56 AM
in reply to: #3319974

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
touchdown - 2011-01-25 8:18 AM Awesome thanks. I will get my plan loaded into the website. Thanks for all your help. We swimming again this morning....pool was cold!

Our pool here is warm... great for getting into it... but 15 mins later... would prefer it to be colder... Cool
2011-01-25 10:24 AM

Hello everybody!
So I bought a Polar RS 300X HR Monitor with Flowlink. I really wanted the Garmin of course, however funds are limited at this time as I had to buy a new pair of New Balance 1226s. I like the HR monitor. Suppose to be able to wear it in the pool too! The Flowlin. Not so much. You are suppose to be able to set your watch on this platform and have the data transferred to the Polar website exercise diary. Doesn't work so well. Have to do it manually. Carol I know what you mean about the biking. I bike in front of a tv and watch the news on and off. Want to join a Masters swim club they have here where I live, but the times are conflicting with my training and work schedule. At any rate, trying to get my runs up to speed too. Have been focusing on my swimming the most but starting to incorporate biking, running and bricks. Having fun, working hard. The balance of life as a triathlete in progress!
Take Care everyone and train smart!
2011-01-25 10:38 AM
in reply to: #3320338

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
Dreams111 - 2011-01-25 10:24 AM Hello everybody!
So I bought a Polar RS 300X HR Monitor with Flowlink. I really wanted the Garmin of course, however funds are limited at this time as I had to buy a new pair of New Balance 1226s. I like the HR monitor. Suppose to be able to wear it in the pool too! The Flowlin. Not so much. You are suppose to be able to set your watch on this platform and have the data transferred to the Polar website exercise diary. Doesn't work so well. Have to do it manually. Carol I know what you mean about the biking. I bike in front of a tv and watch the news on and off. Want to join a Masters swim club they have here where I live, but the times are conflicting with my training and work schedule. At any rate, trying to get my runs up to speed too. Have been focusing on my swimming the most but starting to incorporate biking, running and bricks. Having fun, working hard. The balance of life as a triathlete in progress!
Take Care everyone and train smart!

Awesome to hear!!! Biking this time of year on the trainer can be really boring... one trick I have found is to have a workout planned... take a look online for some ideas... 5 min wu at 80 rpm... 30 sec single leg spins... 1 min at sprint/2 mins recovery X 5.... I have found that it keeps me focused on what I am doing and what is next and less on the clock...

http://www.active.com/cycling/Articles/Indoor_Trainer_Workouts.htm

Keep in mind that right now you are focusing on building the engine... vary your routine to include a day of endurance (low HR), interval training and speedwork... the variation will help improve overall performance and help break up the monotony of winter training sessions!

Keep it up!!! Spring is right around the corner.... Laughing

2011-01-25 7:31 PM
in reply to: #3320086

Scott,
Some helpful advice please...which membership did you recommend? I was thinking the bronze, but I am not sure the added value of the other memberships in terms of what I would need. I need to join to import my plan and it seems like a good tool to keep track of stuff...so I am planning on joining one of the paid memberships. I did start the biking today...I don't have my personal bike set up on the trainer so I ended up using one of the stationary bikes at work (one that you would find at a gym). Thank goodness there is a TV in the workout room and a workout program for the bike. This will be mentally challenging as the time required increases! Hope you and everyone else is having a good week.
2011-01-25 7:43 PM
in reply to: #3321525

User image

Expert
Prattville, AL
touchdown - 2011-01-25 7:31 PM Scott, Some helpful advice please...which membership did you recommend? I was thinking the bronze, but I am not sure the added value of the other memberships in terms of what I would need. I need to join to import my plan and it seems like a good tool to keep track of stuff...so I am planning on joining one of the paid memberships. I did start the biking today...I don't have my personal bike set up on the trainer so I ended up using one of the stationary bikes at work (one that you would find at a gym). Thank goodness there is a TV in the workout room and a workout program for the bike. This will be mentally challenging as the time required increases! Hope you and everyone else is having a good week.
The level is really up to you as to what your needs/desires and financial situation are... here are the details... http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/members.asp... having a plan that works for you and the ability to track it is a great tool to track your progress and offer areas for potential improvements!
Stationary biking... I hear ya... sometimes the gym is the only option for all of us... whether it is weather or travel or convenience.... glad you were able to at least get some time in today!
Keep it up! Laughing
2011-01-25 9:16 PM
in reply to: #3314287

User image

Veteran
Haddonfield, NJ
cemarkham21 - 2011-01-21 5:13 PM Hi Scott if there's still room I'd like to join your group. I am 25 years old. I started tri training last January primarily as a means to loose weight. Last year I was300+ lbs. I am now under 250 and excited to keep going. Followed the beginner exercise program I found here and it really helped menstay on track. I don't have a bike or the means to buy one right now but I did a simulated sprint distance tri at my local y. It was 450m swim 15 mile bike and 5 k run. I finished in under 1 hr 30 min which I was excited about. I have limited time for training. I have 16 month old twin boys that take up most of my time at home. Most of my training is done during my lunch and Saturday mornings. I am current not following a specific plan but am working up to oly distance. I just completed my first 10k training run this past week. I will most likely train up for the oly distance and run another simulated tri later this year.

It is nice to have another twin parent in the group. Welcome!
2011-01-27 7:30 PM
in reply to: #3321545

Ok, my knee is really bothering me. I don't know why and I don't think I have pushed to hard especially on the running. I am taking the running very slow. I am going to call the doctor and see if I can get in tomorrow or early next week. It just is sore after I work out and kind of "sets up." Its a little tender to the touch on the inside below the knee cap, but not super sensitive. It doesn't really bother me when working out i.e., no throbbing pain, but it does hurt after especially after sitting for a while, then getting up. I am not planning on running till I see the doctor, but am planning on swimming and biking. I really hope it is just a sprain or something, I am going to be very disappointed if it is a torn acl or something .

So I swam this morning. The longest workout to date since starting the last 45 days swimming again is 1500 hards. Today, I thought I would take it very slow, focus on technique and see if I could do 1000M without resting. This was not too bad. I really did not over do it and could have actually went farther without a problem. I felt pretty comfortable swimming that far freestyle only. I just took my time. I did not use the clock, but I imagine that I would have been pretty close to 1:50 to 2:00 per 100M....which is why I said I took it slow.

I also biked today per the training plan. Wow this is boring in the gym. Thank goodness there is a program on the bike and there is a TV. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great Friday and weekend.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Oriondriver's Balanced Approach to Tri's - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 4