BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 27

2010-04-07 3:18 PM
in reply to: #2774565

User image

Expert
C-bus
Subject: RE: mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - Open
sungirl919

finished #2 female/#14 overall and #1 female/ #3 overall

Congrats, that is awesome!  I find it motivating to get a placing you are really proud of. 
-----
Justin

Trust me, I'm not incredibly fast, just consistent and keep plugging away even when I don't feel up to it.  The first tri had 66 "competitors", the other only 22.  So, my place is not brag worthy, but I did make a bet with myself that if I made the top five women, I'd consider actually doing this crazy thing!!!

---now why didn't it copy your stuff???  I had to do it manually!?!?!

Edited by sungirl919 2010-04-07 3:19 PM

2010-04-07 3:29 PM
in reply to: #2774477

User image

Expert
C-bus
Subject: RE: mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED
mchubri` - 2010-04-07 2:26 PM WOW, What a response!  I've listed the group as oficially closed!  I'd like to welcome everyone to my Crazy Awesome Training Group!  Here is the list of participants:

swimfreak17/Ronda
n.k/Nole
Cutlass454/Kevin
titeloops/Todd
stiga00/ Giancarlo
cjhild / Justin
Tkimble01/Tom
sungirl919/Robin
crisi13/Crissy

Please make sure to add everyone to your friends list so we can all check in on your logs.  It looks like we have a lot in common and I think we should have a kick a$$ group! 

-Brian

Dumb question #1:  how do I actually "friend" someone???  I've scoured the settings section, but can't find it...    Anyone can answer!!!

-thanks, robin
2010-04-07 3:30 PM
in reply to: #2774853

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
mchubri`

What are your goals for the next few months/Summer?

Dam Sprint Triathlon (Goal- 1:25:00)
Grubstake 5k (Goal- 25:00)
San Diego International Triathlon (Goal- Finish)
Solana Beach Triathlon (Goal- Finish)
Full Moon 5k (Goal- 26:00)

It will be my first year at the sprint distance at the SDIT and first ocean OWS at Solana so I am looking to get a time to beat for both for next year.
2010-04-07 3:31 PM
in reply to: #2774976

User image

Expert
NW NJ
sungirl919 - 2010-04-07 4:18 PM
sungirl919

finished #2 female/#14 overall and #1 female/ #3 overall

Congrats, that is awesome!  I find it motivating to get a placing you are really proud of. 
-----
Justin

Trust me, I'm not incredibly fast, just consistent and keep plugging away even when I don't feel up to it.  The first tri had 66 "competitors", the other only 22.  So, my place is not brag worthy, but I did make a bet with myself that if I made the top five women, I'd consider actually doing this crazy thing!!!

Did you click the "quote" button?  You kicked a lot of A$$ in those races, definetly something to be proud of! 
2010-04-07 3:32 PM
in reply to: #2775012

User image

Expert
C-bus
hit the wrong button on accident.  finally mastered that one.
2010-04-07 3:33 PM
in reply to: #2775007

User image

Expert
NW NJ
sungirl919 - 2010-04-07 4:29 PM
mchubri` - 2010-04-07 2:26 PM
Dumb question #1:  how do I actually "friend" someone???  I've scoured the settings section, but can't find it...    Anyone can answer!!!

-thanks, robin

No Dumb Questions!  From your training log screen, on the lower left side is a friends section.  Click the + and enter our screen names into the spaces, then click "Update Friends"

2010-04-07 3:34 PM
in reply to: #2774976

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
sungirl919

my place is not brag worthy

Dude, if I ever get first, second, or third out of even three, everybody is gonna hear about it.  Maybe not that there were only three....

Use the "Quote" button on the upper right of the post you will be quoting.
2010-04-07 3:40 PM
in reply to: #2774947

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
mchubri

nutrition log

x2

I used fitday.com each time that I have had successful weight loss cycles and logged EVERYTHING.  Very helpful imo.
2010-04-07 3:40 PM

User image

Expert
C-bus
mchubri` - 2010-04-07 3:42 PM

-Finish the 1/2 mary in under 2 hours
-Convince the hubby that it would be fun to do an outdoor tri
-Have confidence when road biking.  I have a friend (who happens to be a USAT coach) who wrecked in a car vs. bike accident and since then, I've been nervous to even go.
-Finish the Komen Tri (400 swim, 12 bike, 2 run) in an hour (is that possible? I'm using my indoor tri numbers to guesstimate)
-Register for the Cleveland Tri by 4/9 (I have a $10 coupon)...  but I don't know which distance.  Am I asking too much to sign up for the Oly???  Advice?  I may need a push...
-Not burning out!!!!!!
-Try to work out in the morning once the kids are out of school.
2010-04-07 4:17 PM
in reply to: #2775035

User image

Expert
NW NJ
sungirl919 - 2010-04-07 4:40 PM
mchubri` - 2010-04-07 3:42 PM

-Finish the 1/2 mary in under 2 hours
-Convince the hubby that it would be fun to do an outdoor tri
-Have confidence when road biking.  I have a friend (who happens to be a USAT coach) who wrecked in a car vs. bike accident and since then, I've been nervous to even go.
-Finish the Komen Tri (400 swim, 12 bike, 2 run) in an hour (is that possible? I'm using my indoor tri numbers to guesstimate)
-Register for the Cleveland Tri by 4/9 (I have a $10 coupon)...  but I don't know which distance.  Am I asking too much to sign up for the Oly???  Advice?  I may need a push...
-Not burning out!!!!!!
-Try to work out in the morning once the kids are out of school.

Robin, take a look at your schedule and available training time.  Scour the oly plans here on BT and see if there is one that works with your schedule and the race timing.  If you can find a plan that works, I'd say go for it! 
2010-04-07 5:12 PM

Goals for next few months/summer

1.  Finish the c25k plan all outside.
2.  Start logging some 10 mile + bike rides by mid April
3.  Drop 1 pants size by June 1
4.  Average about 8000 yards a week swimming
5.  Not freak when life disrupts the schedule... 

Ronda

2010-04-07 5:45 PM
in reply to: #2775270

User image

Expert
C-bus
Swimfreak17 - 2010-04-07 6:12 PM Goals for next few months/summer

5.  Not freak when life disrupts the schedule... 

Ronda

-ooh!  That's a good one!
2010-04-07 5:57 PM
in reply to: #2774947

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
mchubri` - 2010-04-07 1:11 PM

Nole, have you ever kept a nutrition log?  Tracking everything you eat over the course of the day?  I try to do that for at least 2 weeks at the start of a weight loss phase. I use www.nutritiondata.com to estimate the calories of meals.  It is really suprising how extra calories can sneak into your daily routine.

No, I've never kept a nutrition log. Honestly I think it would help because I might be horrified at how many calories I eat daily. 

I'm going to start adding nutrition logs to my workouts daily.  I couldn't really figure out how to use 'add a meal' feature, so I'm thinking I'll just list the time and what I ate in the comments section.  You (or anyone else) can let me know what you think of my eating habits as I accumulate more nutrition logs.  

The one thing with food for me is that I'm a strict vegetarian, so a lot of the nutrition recommendations I read almost always include meat.  So its a challenge for me to modify those.  Also, while I'm a veggie, I'm not nessarcarily a healthy eater.  I love my quick and easy meals, which are usually the worst for me.
2010-04-07 8:34 PM
in reply to: #2769357

User image

Kings Mountain, NC
Goals for upcoming months

4/17 Buck hurly super sprint (200 pool, 3 mile bike, 2 mile run) goal practice transitions and run/jog entire run portion
4/24 Practice open water swim  750 meters.  Goal survive and
5/1   Try Charleston Sprint (500 meter OWS, 12 mile bike, 5K) goal: survive OWS, and run/jog entire run portion
5/?   Perhaps other sprint at the end of May
6/27 Kure Beach Double Sprint (350 ocean swim, 1.5 mile run, 20 mile bike, 1.5 mile run, 350 ocean swim) Goal:  Finish
Continue to lose one to two pounds a week
Get closer to fitting into a wetsuit!!
Eat more at breakfast
Avoid more road rash
Spend less time on BT just looking at races that I could possibly enter
2010-04-07 8:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Goals for the Upcoming Months:

- Get better about logging workouts and nutrition (ok better about workouts and just start logging nutrition!).
- Figure out food...way too many issues with it!
- Lose 10lbs in the next two months (currently 171lbs) or lose 1 pants size.
- Run  the Icelandic 8K in under 58 minutes (about 2 minutes off of my last 8K time)
- Finish the Rock and Roll Half Marathon 
- Finish the Patriot Sprint
- Get better about getting up in the mornings so I can get all of my workouts in!
2010-04-07 9:45 PM

User image

Regular
Hudsonville, MI
Goals for the next few months:
  • Start by heading out to run at least 3 times a week, and work in at least 1 bike and swim session.
  • Continue to log workouts.
  • Monitor and attempt to cut-out eating fast food at lunch.
  • Actually sign up for at least one race, dependent on funds.
  • Continue to keep time for the family by attempting to do my workouts (run and bike) in the mornings.
I'm sure there are more, but this is good for now. 

Brian, yes I used to own a 71 Cutlass.  I bought it when I was 15 and sold it 2 years ago after 21 years of ownership.  It was and shall ever be my baby.  I still get upset at myself for ever getting rid of it. 

2010-04-08 9:15 AM

User image

Expert
NW NJ

Morning team!  Looks like we all have some great goals set out for ourselves.  I like to post mine in places I will see them regularly.  They are on my Training Log Home Screen, Hanging in my office and I carry a copy in my work bag so I am constantly reminded of what I set out to accomplish. 

I made a killer healthy dinner last night of grilled fish tacos but as always overdid the portions!  That is my weakness!

What's going on today?  Any workouts planned?  I got into the pool thins morning for an hour swim and have a 3 mile tempo run planned for lunchtime. 

-B

2010-04-08 9:43 AM

User image

Expert
Raleigh
Goals

1. Learn to interval train.
2. Swim alot.
3. Finish strong in an Oly
4. Finish B2B HIM
5. Super Secret Goal, Finish B2B full IM

I'll start today off with a laugh for everyone. Had a 5 mile run scheduled this am. Got up, has a cup of joe, went to bathroom for my regularly scheduled appointment. Nothing happened. Really weird. Coffee usually does the trick. I thought, Oh well, can't sit here all day. Got ready and headed out for my run. At the 2 mile mark I felt something strange. At the 2.5 mile mark I knew what i was feeling. At the 3 mile mark I new I had to hurry. By the 3.5 mile mark it was a real emergency. At 4 miles I was basically sprinting. I made it home, but just barely. Did my 5 miles in 45:07. Thats fast for me!
2010-04-08 9:53 AM
in reply to: #2776784

User image

Expert
NW NJ
titeloops - 2010-04-08 10:43 AM Goals

1. Learn to interval train.
2. Swim alot.
3. Finish strong in an Oly
4. Finish B2B HIM
5. Super Secret Goal, Finish B2B full IM

I'll start today off with a laugh for everyone. Had a 5 mile run scheduled this am. Got up, has a cup of joe, went to bathroom for my regularly scheduled appointment. Nothing happened. Really weird. Coffee usually does the trick. I thought, Oh well, can't sit here all day. Got ready and headed out for my run. At the 2 mile mark I felt something strange. At the 2.5 mile mark I knew what i was feeling. At the 3 mile mark I new I had to hurry. By the 3.5 mile mark it was a real emergency. At 4 miles I was basically sprinting. I made it home, but just barely. Did my 5 miles in 45:07. Thats fast for me!

That;s funny!  I've been there before!  (I love the super Secret goal!) I'm assuming it is one or the other, right?
2010-04-08 9:54 AM
in reply to: #2776689

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
mchubri`

What's going on today?

Three mile run this morning, maybe some strength at lunch if the mood strikes.  I am planning my weekend training this morning.  Thinking about a swim/bike brick tomorrow if I can work it out, hopefully a long ride Saturday morning with a lunch run, and a short ride Sunday morning.

What are you guys planning for the weekend?
2010-04-08 9:58 AM

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
Morning everyone.  I hope your day is off to a great start.

I got up at 4:25 this morning and was on the road by 4:45.  I logged my longest road ride ever at an hour and 47 minutes.  Though apparently I wasn't going too fast as I only logged 24.3 miles in that time.  I'm sure part of my slow pace has to do with the fact that it was 33 degrees, a little bit windy, patches of freezing rain, and pitch black for almost my entire ride. While I have a light on my handle bars its still scary to get going pretty fast when you can barely see the road in front of you.

I totally got lost in farm land and started freaking out that I was going to have to call my wife to come get me but luckily there was this farmer outside who was kind enough to give me directions.  Only got buzzed once, which is especially scary when you can't see how much shoulder you have because its darker than a goth night club.

But anyways, I feel great to have my workout done for the day.  I might go for a light walk during lunch if I have the time.  And this evening is family time!

2010-04-08 10:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
Do any of you run/walk?  When I first started running I went too far too soon (I know I am the only one who has ever done that) and had a lot of injuries, especially shin splints.  If any of you listen to podcasts I would recommend the IM Talk episodes 190 or 170.  Bobby McGee is a run/walk proponent and his podcast on IM Talk is great.  The jist is you are less prone to injury and can increase mileage much faster with this method.  My biggest challenge is not being embarrassed during the walk portion flailing my arms about. 
2010-04-08 10:04 AM
in reply to: #2776848

User image

Extreme Veteran
Southern California
n.k

I logged my longest road ride ever at an hour and 47 minutes.  Though apparently I wasn't going too fast as I only logged 24.3 miles in that time.

That is an awesome ride.  Try not to get caught up in your speed, I have to fight that all the time.  I try to remind myself that speed will come, someday, just look at my run pace.

You are a BRAVE soul to be out there in the dark, I just can't do it.
2010-04-08 10:07 AM
in reply to: #2776784

User image

Expert
Bend, OR

Totally been there before.  A couple of weeks ago I realized I had to go super bad and I was about 2.5 miles from home.  It was about 5 in the morning so nothing was open.  I sprinted the 2.5 miles home just to realize that I didn't unlock the door and didn't have my kids.  I was completely reading to drop trou on the side of my house when my wife happened to wake up and look out the window and saw me.  She came and let me in and was cracking up the entire time.
2010-04-08 10:09 AM
in reply to: #2776848

User image

Expert
NW NJ
n.k - 2010-04-08 10:58 AM Morning everyone.  I hope your day is off to a great start.

I got up at 4:25 this morning and was on the road by 4:45.  I logged my longest road ride ever at an hour and 47 minutes.  Though apparently I wasn't going too fast as I only logged 24.3 miles in that time.  I'm sure part of my slow pace has to do with the fact that it was 33 degrees, a little bit windy, patches of freezing rain, and pitch black for almost my entire ride. While I have a light on my handle bars its still scary to get going pretty fast when you can barely see the road in front of you.

I totally got lost in farm land and started freaking out that I was going to have to call my wife to come get me but luckily there was this farmer outside who was kind enough to give me directions.  Only got buzzed once, which is especially scary when you can't see how much shoulder you have because its darker than a goth night club.

But anyways, I feel great to have my workout done for the day.  I might go for a light walk during lunch if I have the time.  And this evening is family time!

Damn Noel, where do you live?  Nice work with that ride, you are a better man than I!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 27