BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2011-12-30 6:38 PM
in reply to: #3962656

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! OPEN

Hey Jeff.

Cool - Tennis, I played Golf at Austin Peay State University - Clarksville Tenn - had a blast down there oh so many years ago. Nice job on the run and don't worry you will be cutting us the slack - trust me. Smile

Happy New Year.

KC

bearun - 2011-12-30 5:40 PM

Wow Scott.  Inspirational to say the least.  My dad's got a blood cancer and will go out and ride 50 miles with me.  Some things are amazing.  I've got a computrainer and have the IM Canada course on DVD.  I'll hit it one day soon.  It's a tough one. I've never been a part of a mentor group so cut me some slack when necessary. 

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-30 9:31 PM

2011-12-30 9:30 PM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Just wondering if anyone has any workouts planned for tomorrow to close out the year? I see Jeff is thinking about a midnight run - cool idea. I think I am going for a swim at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Not a very exciting way to shut the year down I know LOL - but what the heck, I need the reps Smile.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-30 9:32 PM
2011-12-30 9:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Yes. Amazingly I actually have a workout planned for tomorrow! I am doing weights in the am, followed by a short run (30 mins) then afterwards I am going riding (horse, not bike). Sorry for spacing...... Who was doing P90x? Was it you Dave? I got it for Christmas and was wondering how to incorporate it into tri training. Do you follow the nutrition side of it too? ....... ... .... Back to the real training schedule next week - classes start up again, plus they have added a few extras - yoga for multisport athletes etc.... ... ... KC which plan did you decide to use in the end? I 'just' secured a local coach this past week, so I'm kinda excited. Have a great and safe New Years eve, team.
2011-12-30 9:58 PM
in reply to: #3963070

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Deb.

Sounds like a great day. I have not picked a plan yet to be honest. I am not sure which one to use but will have one picked and worked out by the end of next week I hope.

cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-12-30 10:52 PM Yes. Amazingly I actually have a workout planned for tomorrow! I am doing weights in the am, followed by a short run (30 mins) then afterwards I am going riding (horse, not bike). Sorry for spacing...... Who was doing P90x? Was it you Dave? I got it for Christmas and was wondering how to incorporate it into tri training. Do you follow the nutrition side of it too? ....... ... .... Back to the real training schedule next week - classes start up again, plus they have added a few extras - yoga for multisport athletes etc.... ... ... KC which plan did you decide to use in the end? I 'just' secured a local coach this past week, so I'm kinda excited. Have a great and safe New Years eve, team.

2011-12-31 9:38 AM

User image

Veteran

Just bonked my last run of the year.  Planned 20 miler.  faded fast and hard between 16 and 16.5.  body just stopped, right eye was not able to see, way out of breath.  had phone so called wife and got picked up in about 10 minutes.

Oh well, it is early in my trianing, and tomorrow is another year.  Will have fun with friends tonight, and continue training tomorrow as I have been doing.

I am trying to organize a family fun run for neighbors and friends.  We have a course set out for 1 mile and 3 miles for families to do together tomorrow to start off the new year with some family time and exercise.

Have fun tonight everyone!

2011-12-31 9:51 AM

User image

Veteran

As I reflect on 2011, I recognize how truly rich I am.  I made the choice to spend well over 16 days of the year on the following...

1100+ miles of running - not chasing food, but for my own personal reasons.

2600+ miles of biking - even though there is a perfectly good car in my garage.

100 miles of swimming - not to get from Cuba to Miami, but just for "fun"

Weird? Probably...But, certainly rich.

Happy New Year everyone.  Here is to a great 2012!

2011-12-31 10:07 AM
in reply to: #3963494

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

Brian - nice effort on the run this morning - you will make it up I am sure.

I made it to the pool for 6:30 this morning and really enjoyed it believe it or not. I may bike today but not sure. I may just spend the day planning 2012 - we will see.

Anyway, I hope you and your freinds and family have a great day and a special New Year.

KC

Skinny Arm Brian - 2011-12-31 10:51 AM

As I reflect on 2011, I recognize how truly rich I am.  I made the choice to spend well over 16 days of the year on the following...

1100+ miles of running - not chasing food, but for my own personal reasons.

2600+ miles of biking - even though there is a perfectly good car in my garage.

100 miles of swimming - not to get from Cuba to Miami, but just for "fun"

Weird? Probably...But, certainly rich.

Happy New Year everyone.  Here is to a great 2012!

Edited by kcgolf 2011-12-31 2:11 PM
2011-12-31 2:13 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Just in case I do not get back on here today - just wanted to say Happy New Year - all the best for you, your family and friends. May 2012 bring us all health and happiness.

KC

2011-12-31 2:56 PM

User image

Pro
Houston
Took the plunge today and signed up for Gold membership & BT online coaching and I think a MG will help hold me accountable. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Just got off the drainer but will add my bio soon.
2012-01-01 10:03 AM

User image

SE North Carolina

First work out od the year was 20 miles on the bike this morning, was actually pretty nice out. tried out my new adamo century saddle and it felt great, i think I need to move it up about a 1/4 inch but it was suprisingly comfortable for the first time on it..............felt like going further but had to get to church with the famiy,, happy new year.................

2012-01-01 10:09 AM
in reply to: #3963928

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team and Happy New Year.

Hi Keri and welcome to the group - great to have you with us and along for the ride Smile. Looking forward to getting to know you and we can help each other along the way.

Have a great day and looking foward to your bio.

KC

KeriKadi - 2011-12-31 3:56 PM Took the plunge today and signed up for Gold membership & BT online coaching and I think a MG will help hold me accountable. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Just got off the drainer but will add my bio soon.

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-01 10:20 AM

2012-01-01 10:18 AM
in reply to: #3964685

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Kevin - btw, I love your name on here - "MANDOWN".

Nice ride this morning - was it outside? I hope so Smile - I don't think you told us in your intro where you are from? Boy, I would give anything to be on my bike outside this morning but my ride is going to be in my basement on my trianer watching the Detroit Lions / Packers Game - GO LIONS!

I would love to hear more about the saddle as well - I have a new bike coming this spring and will definately be thinking about a saddle upgrade for comfort and fit. What made you pick that one?

Happy New Year Kevin and enjoy the day with your family.

KC

MANDOWN - 2012-01-01 11:03 AM

First work out od the year was 20 miles on the bike this morning, was actually pretty nice out. tried out my new adamo century saddle and it felt great, i think I need to move it up about a 1/4 inch but it was suprisingly comfortable for the first time on it..............felt like going further but had to get to church with the famiy,, happy new year.................

2012-01-01 10:20 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

OK Team - one more post before I do a few chores this morning then a trainer ride.

Just in case any of you are not aware of it - 2012 is a Leap Year - and that means one full extra day of training and I am going to need it LOL. Laughing.

Happy New Year Team.

KC

2012-01-01 10:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Back with Vision Quest Coaching as of today.  He wanted me to test, a 20 min LT test.  Harsh.  Sets the 100% level from which all workouts are based for the next 6 to 8 weeks.  I didn't know he wanted to do that so soon.  So I traded a rest day Friday to meet with the kettlebell personal trainer and did a moderate brick for 2.5 hours yesterday.  Just emailed to ask for today off.  Then test in the morning, pt and kettle bells and maybe the club for a hot tub and sauna and swim tomorrow.  I think that would give a better read.  After 3 years of this stuff you get to know some things about how it works, what's important, when to rest and when to kick butt.  I can finish the last chapter of a fishing book I'm doing with another guy today instead and be done with that project.  Yes!  Oh, and watch the Packers kick some Detroit tail.  (If they even bother.  The game means nothing to either team.  Good time to rest the first strings and avoid injury.)
2012-01-01 11:03 AM
in reply to: #3964743

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Scott.

Just wanted to say GO LIONS Smile

KC

IceManScott - 2012-01-01 11:54 AM Back with Vision Quest Coaching as of today.  He wanted me to test, a 20 min LT test.  Harsh.  Sets the 100% level from which all workouts are based for the next 6 to 8 weeks.  I didn't know he wanted to do that so soon.  So I traded a rest day Friday to meet with the kettlebell personal trainer and did a moderate brick for 2.5 hours yesterday.  Just emailed to ask for today off.  Then test in the morning, pt and kettle bells and maybe the club for a hot tub and sauna and swim tomorrow.  I think that would give a better read.  After 3 years of this stuff you get to know some things about how it works, what's important, when to rest and when to kick butt.  I can finish the last chapter of a fishing book I'm doing with another guy today instead and be done with that project.  Yes!  Oh, and watch the Packers kick some Detroit tail.  (If they even bother.  The game means nothing to either team.  Good time to rest the first strings and avoid injury.)

2012-01-01 11:13 AM

User image

Veteran

Since we are talking football, I think that I am rooting for the Colts to lose today.  It pains me to say it, but it gives them so many more long term choices.

No way the Packers are going to give it their all today, give Lions much better chance.

Mary - Go Cowboys!

2012-01-01 11:20 AM

User image

Expert

Happy New Year to everyone!

Welcome Jeff, Brian, Theresa, Keri and Mandown (name?) to the group.  This is a great group and you made an excellent choice!

So I was gonna try and get one last bike ride in yesterday but it just didn't work out with having to head to my show early (3pm).  Had a great night - was home by 9:45pm and was able to spend NYE with family and some neighbors.

Today I am gonna get an hour ride in and start monday with building up for my IM training which starts in 6 weeks.  I want to have a decent base when it starts.

My goal for 2012 is to improve on my nutrition and eating.  It has gotten a little off path the past month or two.  Gained a little weight (175lb - I should be around 169) but that should come off pretty easy I think.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your weekend!

2012-01-01 11:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Windermere, FL
I've finally got a few minutes to sit down and write a few things about myself, so here goes!

My name is Theresa. I'm 35, single, live in Orlando, FL and work for the Mouse. I travel a lot (one to two weeks per month) on our cruise ships for work which can put a wrench in my training plans. I love it, though, so it's a sacrifice I'll make.

Growing up I was an athlete, playing softball and volleyball through high school. I've been running for 10 years and have never really trained. Triathlon just seemed like the natural progression, I guess. I did my first tri, a Danskin, in 2005 and bought a bike and googles the day before the race. All it took was one race and I was hooked.

I continued running (completed around 9 marathons to date-would love to do one in every state. I've got the 2 hardest down...Hawaii and Alaska) and did more sprints and olympics. Moved up to the Half Iron in 2007 and 2008 here in Orlando and didn't train at all. Needless to say, the times weren't great.

Made the decision to move up to the Ironman level in 2008. Hired a coach and trained this time. Went to Tempe and things didn't go well. To make a long story short, I finished the bike and went straight to the hospital to be admitted with hyponutremia.

I haven't really done a lot since that race. Not finishing the race really changed me and I was in a "funk" for a while. I've been running some-I love the races at Disney (Princess Half Marathon, Wine and Dine Half Marathon, etc) but don't remember the last time I was in a pool.

For some reason now seems like the time to get this IM monkey off my back. I did the Foundation "thing" and registered for IMFL 2012. Hired a coach who I hear is just amazing from everyone that I spoken to.

I'm starting Vision Quest classes tomorrow night. It's for 8 weeks so it will be tough with my travel schedule but they said I can make up the class I miss. If I like it, I'll continue with it depending on my travel schedule.

I'm nervous for tomorrow, but excited as well. I leave on a cruise on Tuesday and return on Sunday, January 8th. I start with Coach Sway the day I get back.

Wow, that was long...not sure I've ever written that much about myself! If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

Theresa
2012-01-01 11:40 AM
in reply to: #3964793

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

seitz1124 - 2012-01-01 11:27 AM I've finally got a few minutes to sit down and write a few things about myself, so here goes! My name is Theresa. I'm 35, single, live in Orlando, FL and work for the Mouse. I travel a lot (one to two weeks per month) on our cruise ships for work which can put a wrench in my training plans. I love it, though, so it's a sacrifice I'll make. Growing up I was an athlete, playing softball and volleyball through high school. I've been running for 10 years and have never really trained. Triathlon just seemed like the natural progression, I guess. I did my first tri, a Danskin, in 2005 and bought a bike and googles the day before the race. All it took was one race and I was hooked. I continued running (completed around 9 marathons to date-would love to do one in every state. I've got the 2 hardest down...Hawaii and Alaska) and did more sprints and olympics. Moved up to the Half Iron in 2007 and 2008 here in Orlando and didn't train at all. Needless to say, the times weren't great. Made the decision to move up to the Ironman level in 2008. Hired a coach and trained this time. Went to Tempe and things didn't go well. To make a long story short, I finished the bike and went straight to the hospital to be admitted with hyponutremia. I haven't really done a lot since that race. Not finishing the race really changed me and I was in a "funk" for a while. I've been running some-I love the races at Disney (Princess Half Marathon, Wine and Dine Half Marathon, etc) but don't remember the last time I was in a pool. For some reason now seems like the time to get this IM monkey off my back. I did the Foundation "thing" and registered for IMFL 2012. Hired a coach who I hear is just amazing from everyone that I spoken to. I'm starting Vision Quest classes tomorrow night. It's for 8 weeks so it will be tough with my travel schedule but they said I can make up the class I miss. If I like it, I'll continue with it depending on my travel schedule. I'm nervous for tomorrow, but excited as well. I leave on a cruise on Tuesday and return on Sunday, January 8th. I start with Coach Sway the day I get back. Wow, that was long...not sure I've ever written that much about myself! If you made it this far, thanks for reading! Theresa

Hi there.  You work for the "Mouse."  I love that. 

I am coached by Vision Quest our of Chicago, Robbie Ventura's group.  What are Vision Quest classes? 

You'll get the IM monkey off your back.  Nutrition is a key thing but very doable. There are several of us who have done IMs or are in training for one here.  Long courses definitely offer more challenges than the shorter faster ones.  Good sharing goes on here.  Good luck.

Ice.

2012-01-01 12:15 PM

User image

Jackson, MS
Brian- thanks for the cowboys shout out...we will see what happens. I'm hoping at least for a good game. How did the group runs go?

Teresa- great story! Glad we have some experienced runners in the group. I need all the help I can get.

A little under the weather with a cold. Ran a terrible-feeling 3 miles this morning.
2012-01-01 12:55 PM

User image

SE North Carolina

The term mandown came years ago, back in the early 90's some people that hang out on the corners all day would yell out mandown when the police came into the area, so thats where i picked it up, ive used it as a log on name evere since, as far as the adamo saddle goes, I picked it after watching the beach 2 battleship this year and it seemed that half the field was using the adamo saddles so i thought i would try it, oh ya, I live in Wilmington NC...and its sunny and 70 degrees outside,,,,

2012-01-01 1:06 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Team.

Theresa - awesome story and thanks for sharing. You have some awesome goals - can't wait for you to keep me motivated! We will all help each other during this year and will get it done!

Mandown (Kevin- thanks for the saddle report and the history on the nickname- going to look into one and boy do I ever wish I had temps in the 70's.

Mary - hope you feel better soon.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-01 1:09 PM
2012-01-01 2:09 PM
in reply to: #3964793

User image

Expert

Theresa-

That is a very cool job.  Are you able to do any training on the ship (treadmill, bike trainer, swim, etc...)?

Scott is correct - you are gonna get that monkey off your back this year and you will have plenty of help with the nutrition thing in this group.  I am kind of a freak about it and Dave and Scott are extremely knowledgeable and I think that has rubbed off onto the rest of this group!  I love talking about race day nutrition so let the questions fly!haha

seitz1124 - 2012-01-01 11:27 AM I've finally got a few minutes to sit down and write a few things about myself, so here goes! My name is Theresa. I'm 35, single, live in Orlando, FL and work for the Mouse. I travel a lot (one to two weeks per month) on our cruise ships for work which can put a wrench in my training plans. I love it, though, so it's a sacrifice I'll make. Growing up I was an athlete, playing softball and volleyball through high school. I've been running for 10 years and have never really trained. Triathlon just seemed like the natural progression, I guess. I did my first tri, a Danskin, in 2005 and bought a bike and googles the day before the race. All it took was one race and I was hooked. I continued running (completed around 9 marathons to date-would love to do one in every state. I've got the 2 hardest down...Hawaii and Alaska) and did more sprints and olympics. Moved up to the Half Iron in 2007 and 2008 here in Orlando and didn't train at all. Needless to say, the times weren't great. Made the decision to move up to the Ironman level in 2008. Hired a coach and trained this time. Went to Tempe and things didn't go well. To make a long story short, I finished the bike and went straight to the hospital to be admitted with hyponutremia. I haven't really done a lot since that race. Not finishing the race really changed me and I was in a "funk" for a while. I've been running some-I love the races at Disney (Princess Half Marathon, Wine and Dine Half Marathon, etc) but don't remember the last time I was in a pool. For some reason now seems like the time to get this IM monkey off my back. I did the Foundation "thing" and registered for IMFL 2012. Hired a coach who I hear is just amazing from everyone that I spoken to. I'm starting Vision Quest classes tomorrow night. It's for 8 weeks so it will be tough with my travel schedule but they said I can make up the class I miss. If I like it, I'll continue with it depending on my travel schedule. I'm nervous for tomorrow, but excited as well. I leave on a cruise on Tuesday and return on Sunday, January 8th. I start with Coach Sway the day I get back. Wow, that was long...not sure I've ever written that much about myself! If you made it this far, thanks for reading! Theresa

2012-01-01 2:10 PM
in reply to: #3964851

User image

Expert

get some rest if you are under the weather and kick that cold!!!

Mary A - 2012-01-01 12:15 PM Brian- thanks for the cowboys shout out...we will see what happens. I'm hoping at least for a good game. How did the group runs go?

Teresa- great story! Glad we have some experienced runners in the group. I need all the help I can get.

A little under the weather with a cold. Ran a terrible-feeling 3 miles this morning.

2012-01-01 2:39 PM

User image

Pro
Houston

Name: Keri

Story: hurricane Ike took half our home and long story short not living in my own home + emotional eating = some extra weight. I joined a run club and one day a gal mentioned an all women's tri. I did not own a bike and had never swam further than the length of the pool but I signed up that day thanks to my very supportive husband. Mothers day 2009 was my first super sprint. Half iron in 2010 on a broken heel was rough. 2011 the focus was a good base with shorter races. I had a better year and didn't get injured until last month. Injuries have been my limiting factor.

Family: Married to Ken, he started tris in 2010 and is also on BT. We have 5 children - 2 teenage boys 16 & 19 and our girls are 9, 8 and 4. Our 9 year old did 4 tris, a du and a 5k last year along with a couple of fun runs. Our 8 year old did a du and the run races as well, she is fast. The 4 year old just ditched her training wheels so watch out!

Current training: The injury has kept me from running for a few weeks now. I pretty much fell off the wagon but am hoping to hop back on this week. I did a polar bear plunge this morning but can't really call that training

Weightloss: 10 would be goodRaces: another year of short races Oly April 29, sprints in May or June and August. Going to Iowa for 5150 in September and some family relays thrown in. The husband is doing IMFL (maybe I can meet up with Theresa) so it's all about him this year.

Edited by KeriKadi 2012-01-01 2:43 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43