BT Development Mentor Program Archives » shmeeg's Winter Madness Mentor group - OPEN TO HIPPIES Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 21

2011-04-19 5:37 PM
in reply to: #3442845

User image

New user

Portland, OR
Subject: RE: shmeeg's Winter Madness Mentor group - OPEN TO HIPPIES

RESULTS:

2011 Albany Sprint Triathlon, Sunday, April 17, 2011

750m Pool Swim / 20K Bike / 5K Run

Place:79/255

Div/Tot:10/15

Div: Male 25-29

Swim: Rank - 170, Time: 17:15

T1: Rank - 68, Time: 1:30

Bike: Rank - 97, Time: 42:42

T2: Rank - 44, Time: 0:48

Run: Rank - 52, Time: 24:40

Total: 1:26:55

Really fun first race for this noob, i knew from the start that I'd be slow in the swim, but surprised that I was >2 minutes slower than my 750m pace when training...where's the adreneline? Getting out of the pool and onto a bike when its 41deg outside was good times...really had trouble with bike legs during and after T2, the guy behind me totally ate it as he tried to dismount running - i guess he had bike legs too...

Lots of room to improve, I'm going to start the Olympic 16 week program next week, and try to fit in a couple more sprints before my Olympic goal in August. Good luck to all you guys as you start the Tri season!

2011-04-19 8:47 PM
in reply to: #3455473

Regular
Spruce Grove
Sounds like a pretty darn good first race too me! Thanks for sharing your report, as someone still working toward that first race it was very encouraging!
2011-07-17 9:22 PM
in reply to: #3257098

User image

Woodbridge

Hello to all! I know this is way old forum.....but I wanted to let everyone know that I did indeed complete my triathlon! I was dead last- but finished without timing out! It was grueling (only a sprint) but I finished. I was a bit worried when I had a hard time with swimming-something I struggled with all winter. But thankfully I was aided sort of by some great kyackiers-they didn't let me drownd! I was able to leap frog from kyack to kyack and made it to shore about 44 mins later Laughing  Last one out of the water! I was the very last to finish out of I believe 465 that participated. Once I got passed the swim(T1 was rough after 40 mins in water-literally sat on the ground to transition) it was good from there- felt like normal training day since I trianed there many times. Beautiful race and a great group of volunteers! It was a lot of work and truthfuly I was almost ready to quit after nearly going under-but I couldn't face my kiddos or face myself knowing I quit. So I went on and finished! My girlfriend met  at the top of the park and ran in with me, my daughter even came across and ran too- it was fun! I loved and don't regret a minute of it! It was well  worth all of the work and soreness! I even lost 2 inches around most of my body (except arms and cavles where I bult muscle) and also about 14lbs so far! I am still going to workout every week and take swimming lessons to strengthen my swimming so not to be afraid of the water! Thanks to all the posts-it was great reading and learning! Thanx smeeg!

Leslie Holschen-here's the link to valleygirl to look at times!

www.valleygirltri.com

2011-07-20 11:05 AM
in reply to: #3455473

User image

Woodbridge
congrats!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » shmeeg's Winter Madness Mentor group - OPEN TO HIPPIES Rss Feed  

of 21