BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-03-03 9:17 AM
in reply to: #3380628

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
hildekq - 2011-03-03 8:46 AM Janet, quit being a weenie and get back at it!!  Evaluate your races and set some realistic goals and go for it.... do want all of us to SPANK you at Indy???  C'mon, beating Wilson should be everyone's goal, we're gonna chick him, geezer chick him, etc. etc!!!!

Just kidding Wilson, we love you, but it's gonna be a RACE!

Hrm...I just had a vision of the back of all the MMM'ers racing shirts having a quote that said "If you can read this, your name must be Wilson."

Sorry Wilson but I couldn't resist.

2011-03-03 10:43 AM
in reply to: #3380827

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
GOOD ONE, Shawn... LOL!!!!
2011-03-03 6:21 PM

User image

Veteran

Hrm...I just had a vision of the back of all the MMM'ers racing shirts having a quote that said "If you can read this, your name must be Wilson."

LOL! It IS mean to pick on Wilson like this but secretly I think he likes it Tongue out and I want you to know that when I read this you made me spit my coffee on my keyboard! LOL!

2011-03-03 6:25 PM
in reply to: #3380553

User image

Veteran

jcarmody - 2011-03-03 7:39 AM Alex congratulations on your 5 minute run!  Marsha, glad to see you are back.  Fish its not just for breakfast anymore!  (Maybe the fishing institute can use you as a spokesperson!)

As you all noticed, my training has once again ground to a halt.  I will need to seriously evaluate what is going on and make some hard decisions regarding some of these events that I have on my calendar and see what can be salvaged. (who was the weirdo that signed up for a marathon in May?) I'd like to tell you that I have an injurty (not!) or that I have something else going on in my life but then I would be lying, so I won't do that.  I guess I'm just feeling a bit unmotivated and lazy right now.  So send me some MMM attitude adjustments and I'll try to get back on track!

Ugh - it's tough when motivation slides. It's like part of you wants to do it and the rest of you isn't on board...frustrating! Maybe it's just time for a break - take a few days/weeks, guilt free...set a come-back date and maybe you'll be ready and raring to go then? Maybe scale back your race schedule and just do a few that you're really into? Splurge on some new gear to get you motivated? A new training plan to shake things up?

2011-03-03 6:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Sulcus - 2011-03-03 10:17 AM
hildekq - 2011-03-03 8:46 AM Janet, quit being a weenie and get back at it!!  Evaluate your races and set some realistic goals and go for it.... do want all of us to SPANK you at Indy???  C'mon, beating Wilson should be everyone's goal, we're gonna chick him, geezer chick him, etc. etc!!!!

Just kidding Wilson, we love you, but it's gonna be a RACE!

I think I've been officially zinged!  Shawn WTF brother...we're supposed to hang together here!!!  I'm on an island all alone....and I'm gunna die if I try to swim to land....not cuz I'll drown, but because I'll get sun poisoning - it'll take too long. boo hoo.....  You just made me focus my training even harder!!!

Edited by wsilverthorne 2011-03-03 6:38 PM
2011-03-04 11:11 AM
in reply to: #3381795

User image

Veteran
I know it has been a while since I posted on the board....I have zero excuses really. Life seems to come up and bite me in the arse, I start feeling sorry for myself etc..Here I am though!! Truly HOPING TO MAKE IT TO INDI to give Wilson some real-time zingers and to meet all of you face to face. Find out what else "turtle" and I have in common and to kick some booty in the tri....I FINALLY met with Kristi the USAT swim coach last night!! She is great and relayed that the panicky feeling I have in the water is common to land lovers. I found out that I have been breathing incorrectly while attempting to swim. On land being a "mouth breather" is bad enough but in the water it's a real no-go. Picture this...I am standing in the shallow water, have a rainbow colored bandana wrapped over my head, taking a deep breath in then submerging myself while simultaneously blowing air out my nose (picture a mad Pikachu!!) come up, take a deep breath in and repeat - QUICKLY. For about ten minutes this is what I did!! When she had me start on the drills she said that to swim "flat" decreases your efficiency in the water and when you are turning your face for air, your whole body should rotate. Reminded me of the TI videos I have watched. The plan is to go to the pool 4 times next week to focus on the swim more, the run less and biking somewhere in the middle. I will meet with her again later next week. Hopefully this CRUD in my head and chest goes AWAY quickly! There is no time to be sick but since I am feeling like doo doo today I gave myself permission to chill on the couch with the wee one and watch Disney movies.Wilson I am soooo glad you are better! Hilde you are KILLING the run girl!! I need to get me some of those shoes!!Shawn how are you just going to leave Wilson hanging? You know he doesn't have a PRAYER with all the females in this bunch!!I'll catch up with the rest of you later when my head doesn't feel like it's going to POP off!

2011-03-04 3:29 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Expert

HEE! Have I mentioned recently that I love this group? (Shawn, that zinger is hilarious, if unkind to poor Wilson-- we do adore you, Wilson!)

And I second Marsha's suggestions, Janet-- maybe treat yourself to a break/some gear/an event you know and love might help? Hang in there, girl!

Ran EIGHT minutes on the 'mill today... this'll be a slow comeback for sure, but a determined one...

Have a great weekend, everyone! Feel TONS better, all the folk who need to!

2011-03-04 10:20 PM

User image

Veteran

I found this quote tonight as I was sitting here killing time, waiting for the 16 yr old to be done w/his 'lock-in' at the school. I think it applies to all of us who TRI...

It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.  - Theodore Roosevelt

2011-03-05 6:57 AM
in reply to: #3383626

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Love that quote, Tammy!!  And yes, good to remember when the weak who do NOT do our sport try to put us down for it.

Alex is up to 8 minutes!!  Watch out MMMers, she'll be running circles around us before you know it, stronger than ever from all that pool running.

Lots of winter sickos amongst us, of the upper respiratory kind, not the Wilson and Shawn kind of sickos!  Hang in there everyone, Spring is coming... sooner for us in Texas, but soon for the rest of you too!  Don't worry, us Texans will be complaining about the heat soon! 

2011-03-05 1:54 PM
in reply to: #3383756

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Tammy that is a great quote!!!  I am really thinking hard about that!  Since my wife is an attorney - I've started my slander lawsuit against Shawn and all of those who endorse his nastiness.  My self confidence is destroyed and I feel so small now..Tongue out  Bring it people - I will be ready in June for all of you!!  Shawn that means you have to show up and race me! LMAO!!  You guys are too funny!

Okay, I've shifted gears a bit in my swimming routine.  I've been studying a lot on freestyle technique and have been watching a ton of videos.  www.swimtype.com is very interesting by the way.  I have learned that I'm an over glider and my catch and pull really suck bad...I pull straight arm from entry to hip...one big arch.  So I've started doing the high elbow catch and pull drill against the wall at home and applied it today in the pool....Wow, I totally get it in my head how it's supposed to look - but man o man actually doing it is a different experience.  I did a ton of sculling drills and some concentrated time trying to apply the stroke technique.  I felt a little better at the end...but my left side is most awkward.  I haven't quite got the timing a rotation down to be smooth...also having difficult with how high the elbow should be and how much it drops throughout the stroke...I'm gunna have to watch some more videos now that I've tried it....I'm motivated to get this right so I can drop my time.  Hell I'm an Engineer and knew the mechanics of my stroke with regard to propulsion was about 30-40% effective.  I think the switch will get me under two minutes...I'm shooting for 1:50/100yd for the June Tri....I'm gunna try like hell - we'll see what happens.

Any suggestions from you dolphins would be greatly appreciated.  And another question...how many of you bilateral breathe, I'm not gunna get that going now - but would like to in the future...one new skill at a time.

2011-03-05 2:03 PM
in reply to: #3383162

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
wrkinprogress - 2011-03-04 4:29 PM

HEE! Have I mentioned recently that I love this group? (Shawn, that zinger is hilarious, if unkind to poor Wilson-- we do adore you, Wilson!)

And I second Marsha's suggestions, Janet-- maybe treat yourself to a break/some gear/an event you know and love might help? Hang in there, girl!

Ran EIGHT minutes on the 'mill today... this'll be a slow comeback for sure, but a determined one...

Have a great weekend, everyone! Feel TONS better, all the folk who need to!

Alex, so glad you are getting back at running.  I know you must be so so ready to be gazelle-like...you are doing a great job being patient and methodical....keep it up....

2011-03-05 2:08 PM
in reply to: #3380553

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

jcarmody - 2011-03-03 7:39 AM Alex congratulations on your 5 minute run!  Marsha, glad to see you are back.  Fish its not just for breakfast anymore!  (Maybe the fishing institute can use you as a spokesperson!)

As you all noticed, my training has once again ground to a halt.  I will need to seriously evaluate what is going on and make some hard decisions regarding some of these events that I have on my calendar and see what can be salvaged. (who was the weirdo that signed up for a marathon in May?) I'd like to tell you that I have an injurty (not!) or that I have something else going on in my life but then I would be lying, so I won't do that.  I guess I'm just feeling a bit unmotivated and lazy right now.  So send me some MMM attitude adjustments and I'll try to get back on track!

JANET!!!! YOU ASKED FOR AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT....GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$ AND GET BACK ON TRACK....WTF....HTFU AND ATTACK....ATTACK AND KILL THAT MOTHER FU#$%@#^KING HEAD DEMON!  YOU ARE BETTER THAN THE LAZY MOTHER FU$#@%@#%KER NEXT DOOR SITTING ON HIS COUCH EATING CHEETOS.....DAMNIT WOMAN DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE AND KICK YOUR A$$.....WHEW..HOPE THAT WORKED..LMAO

Love - Kisses and Hugs.

Wilson!

2011-03-05 2:15 PM
in reply to: #3382644

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
TTucker - your swim instruction sounds pretty cool - like the instructor has a methodology and good experience.  Looking forward to  you updates on that one.  I still don't get why breathing out your mouth under water is bad???  I do that and right before inhale I breathe out of my nose to clear it....hmmm gunna have to do some more research on that one.  That'll be another thing I'm doing wrong..haha...so much to learn and correct...ugh!
2011-03-05 2:56 PM

Freeland
Tammy, thats the best s@!% I have read in a long time.  Just an update on my challenge.  down 20 lbs with 1 week to go.  Need to kick it in really high gear for this last week.  Also have started looking at training plans to gear up for this summer tri season.  Signed up for my first 5k of the year.  Just remember Do what you love and love what you do.
2011-03-05 3:21 PM
in reply to: #3384146

User image

Extreme Veteran

Woo hoo! It's been over a week of dealing with the crud, but I'm finally starting to feel like a human again! I haven't been sick like this in years. All I have to say is F--- YOU, Oklahoma City, for giving me this crap!

Alex, I thought of you when I was reading one of my favorite blogs today. This pretty much sums up how I feel about water-jogging and why I think you are a goddess for turning in 2 1/2 hour sessions in the pool!

http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/2011/03/aqua-jogging-dying-slow-death.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteveInASpeedoGross+%28Steve+in+a+Speedo%3F%21+Gross%21%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

2011-03-05 8:46 PM
in reply to: #3384172

User image

Veteran

Tammy (Turtle) - Did you have this upper respiratory GARBAGE too? I thought I kicked it out the door like a week ago but apparently NOT...

Wilson - Yeah, the swim chic basically told me that one needs to ONLY BREATHE IN when we turn to breathe and not be wasting precious seconds exhaling then inhaling....of course, if you are completing the exhale BEFORE you turn to inhale it probably does not matter

Despite feeling like I am coughing up a lung I am going to complete the Du I signed up for TOMORROW. There are 14 women in my age group so....not terrible odds. The kicker is that the bike portion of the course on the way to the turn around point is ALL UPHILL!! It's going to suck BAD and hubby was willing to let me use his bike but my shoes don't fit in his pedals and his bike setup is all wrong for me. I'll just have to suck up the hills and hope that fresh legs make a difference....

2011-03-05 10:15 PM
in reply to: #3384467

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tammy, good luck on your du tomorrow - I'm sure you'll kick butt! Yep, I've got the upper-respiratory crap. In fact, I could have gotten it in Houston last week, not too far from your neck if the woods. It figures we'd have the same cold, since we apparently have the same feet and same running injuries (and same name, this is getting a little weird). Please, tell me your husband's name is NOT Lee!
2011-03-06 6:30 AM
in reply to: #3384568

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Tammy's husband's name is NOT Lee, whew!!  I'm hearing the Twilight Music theme here!!

So Tammy (the Other Tammy) and I are doing the Du today... it is currently 29 degrees out!!  The race doesn't start till 9 a.m., but who knows how much warmer it will be then??!!  Gonna be a cooooold bike ride and I bet a LOT of people bail because of the cold.  I drove the bike course yesterday, 10 miles of rollers, all ups and downs, not many flats to speak of.  I didn't see anything MAJOR in the way of hills, but of course I was driving!  My perception may be totally different when I'm out on my bike!  And I'm wondering, how do they body mark when EVERYTHING is covered up except your eyes?

2011-03-06 7:55 AM

User image

Veteran
GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope ya don't freeze and you kick some major butt!
2011-03-06 6:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Congrats Hilde and Tammy on your Du effort!!!!  Glad you two had fun and hung out some!  You are stars in our books!

2011-03-06 6:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

NEWSFLASH

I just found out that Hilde and Tammy didn't do the Du....they instead had another "competition"....yep, the paparazzi got the shot and emailed it to me 10 seconds ago....

Big hand for our MMMers....and a big hand it is!!!

Edited by wsilverthorne 2011-03-06 6:05 PM

2011-03-06 8:52 PM
in reply to: #3384172

User image

Expert
tstl - 2011-03-05 3:21 PM

Woo hoo! It's been over a week of dealing with the crud, but I'm finally starting to feel like a human again! I haven't been sick like this in years. All I have to say is F--- YOU, Oklahoma City, for giving me this crap!

Alex, I thought of you when I was reading one of my favorite blogs today. This pretty much sums up how I feel about water-jogging and why I think you are a goddess for turning in 2 1/2 hour sessions in the pool!

http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/2011/03/aqua-jogging-dying-slow-death.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteveInASpeedoGross+%28Steve+in+a+Speedo%3F%21+Gross%21%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

*Laughs and laughs* Oh, yeah-- I know those marks from the belt all too well! Some days really are better than others for those long runs... but I keep telling myself it's WAY better than doing nothing, and I hope it's doing me some good along the way! Thanks for the post, though-- that really did make me laugh in recognition...even if my muscle definition isn't quite like Steve's yet-- but I've gone down a pants size since Christmas, much to my surprise, so something I'm doing seems to be working!

2011-03-07 6:18 AM
in reply to: #3385357

User image

Veteran

Wilson you are sooooo FUNNYY!!!! LMAO

If I had a SET like that I DEFINITELY would not be running I can assure you of that!!

Tammy (Turtle) No, my husbands' name is not Lee - but his brothers' name is! The funny thing is - I was ALSO in Houston a couple weeks ago at IAH picking my son up and was HEALTHY until that point!! This thing has hung on longer than ANY cold I've had in years and must be a pretty nasty bug since I SELDOM get sick, even with all the crap the kids bring home from school.

It will be interesting to see what else we have in common........? "They" say we all have a doppelganger somewhere in the world!! LOL

2011-03-07 7:33 AM
in reply to: #3385801

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Ah Wilson, you caught us in our natural habitat... what you didn't catch was us rubbing all up against each other, with beads of sweat dripping between our large breasts.... ha ha!!  Heck, I'm GLAD I'm not that big, sports bras would cost me a fortune!
2011-03-07 11:11 AM
in reply to: #3385873

User image

Veteran
Hilde - never mind the sports bra's...imagine trying to explain away the black eyes from getting smacked in the face with one while attempting to run!! LMAO
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70