BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-03-07 11:32 AM
in reply to: #3386293

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!

TTucker - 2011-03-07 12:11 PM Hilde - never mind the sports bra's...imagine trying to explain away the black eyes from getting smacked in the face with one while attempting to run!! LMAO

An even harder explanation would be the one that Wilson and I would have to give our wives as to why we were running backwards for 3 miles in front of you.  One wrong step and we'd have two black eyes from you and a whole lots of other black and blue pieces from our wive's beatings! 

2011-03-07 2:03 PM
in reply to: #3385801

User image

Extreme Veteran
TTucker - 2011-03-07 5:18 AM

Wilson you are sooooo FUNNYY!!!! LMAO

If I had a SET like that I DEFINITELY would not be running I can assure you of that!!

Tammy (Turtle) No, my husbands' name is not Lee - but his brothers' name is! The funny thing is - I was ALSO in Houston a couple weeks ago at IAH picking my son up and was HEALTHY until that point!! This thing has hung on longer than ANY cold I've had in years and must be a pretty nasty bug since I SELDOM get sick, even with all the crap the kids bring home from school.

It will be interesting to see what else we have in common........? "They" say we all have a doppelganger somewhere in the world!! LOL

OK, then, we're blaming this crud on IAH, then! Let me rephrase me earlier post: F--- YOU, HOUSTON!! I never get sick either, so it's REALLY unusual for something to take me out for a week. 

And as for running with those ta-tas, from what I remember about running next to the enhanced and reengineered soccer moms at my old gym, those kind don't bounce!

2011-03-07 2:09 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Extreme Veteran
Marsha, are you out there? Is the PT in the house today? Something to do with S/B/R (and I'm afraid it's the new B) is giving me a pain in the neck! It went away last week when I was out sick, but came right back this weekend when I started training again. No amount of rubbing or stretching is giving me any relief, and I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep last night without taking an imprudent quantity of pain killers. It starts at the base of my neck and radiates through the L shoulder, ending in the deltoids. I can't get in to see my sports doc until the end of the week; I'm hoping to find some relief before then. Help!
2011-03-07 4:02 PM
in reply to: #3386766

User image

Veteran

Tammy (Turtle) - You know, I've had headaches for YEARS and some are stress induced but when I went to the chiropractor last year he did xrays and found that I have a vertebrae in my neck that is a bit messed up. It becomes super aggravated, ESPECIALLY when I ride the bike from tilting the head back to look at the road.

Have you seen a chiropractor? When I was having adjustments done regularly I found that the headaches were not as often nor as severe and the criq in my neck was more manageable. Before the chiro it was at the point where I was going through a month worth of migraine meds in 2 weeks!!

Shawn - I'm sure that black and blue body parts would be the least of your and Wilson's worries (more likely that there would be the threat of MISSING body parts!) LMAO!!!!!! HA HA HA HA

2011-03-07 4:26 PM
in reply to: #3387002

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

So a good friend of mine that lives in California has been going to the Farmer's Market.... she sent some pics of healthy eating...

For the MEN:

sdf

For the LADIES:

dsf

Yes, I have some sicko friends that are NOT triathletes!!

2011-03-07 4:28 PM
in reply to: #3386356

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Sulcus - 2011-03-07 11:32 AM

TTucker - 2011-03-07 12:11 PM Hilde - never mind the sports bra's...imagine trying to explain away the black eyes from getting smacked in the face with one while attempting to run!! LMAO

An even harder explanation would be the one that Wilson and I would have to give our wives as to why we were running backwards for 3 miles in front of you.  One wrong step and we'd have two black eyes from you and a whole lots of other black and blue pieces from our wive's beatings! 

Freudian slip, Shawn, I think NOT!

2011-03-07 6:58 PM

User image

Veteran

OMG you guys are killing me! I was able to read (quickly) but not respond to such things from work - I was trying SO hard not to laugh!

Turtle- oh no! If you can't stretch to get at it, it is likely a vertebrae out of place an/or or a nerve being pinched by one in your neck. Of course you have to pick something hard to treat over the internet - LOL! Try this movement called cervical retraction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjFjYJKmUs

if the nerve is being pinched it might be sore while you have your head pulled back but the more you do the better it should feel and the more centralized (toward the neck, away from the deltoid) the pain should move.

Let me know what happens!

2011-03-07 10:45 PM
in reply to: #3387255

User image

Extreme Veteran

Tammy, I've been thinking about a chiropractor. I happened to have my work physical today and mentioned the neck pain to my flight doc. He gave me a full chiro adjustment right there! I had forgotten he was a D.O. instead of an M.D. It gave me a little relief, anyway.

Marsha, thanks for the video- you're awesome. I'm getting to work making double chins right away. Hopefully I won't have to tap into my Percocet stash to get through the night!

2011-03-08 6:26 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
 I forgot to check the forum for a couple of days and I obviously missed a lot of fun.  Love the pictures and jokes!  Thanks for the wake up call, Wilson.  Yeah, I've been a bit of a slug.  I decided this AM that I am getting off the pity train.  11 weeks until my marathon and it might not be my fastest, but I'm going to do it!!  Thanks for the encouragement!! You guys are just the right mix for getting this girl back to work!
2011-03-08 7:45 AM
in reply to: #3387694

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
I am OFFICIALLY registered for Indy!!!!
2011-03-08 11:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI

I followed Hilde's lead and registered too!!  Wilson, do you have any idea what you are in for????  Watch out, the MMM'ers are going to Indy!

Edited by jcarmody 2011-03-08 11:43 AM

2011-03-08 11:44 AM
in reply to: #3388310

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Let the smack talk begin.....
2011-03-08 1:26 PM
in reply to: #3388421

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY

hildekq - 2011-03-08 12:44 PM Let the smack talk begin.....

The only smack you're going to hear is the sonic boom of Wilson blowing by you on the bike!

It's on!!!!!!!!  (from the peanut gallery at least - hey, if I can't be there in person, I gotta support the only other male representative! Cool)

2011-03-08 1:28 PM
in reply to: #3388310

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
jcarmody - 2011-03-08 12:06 PM

I followed Hilde's lead and registered too!!  Wilson, do you have any idea what you are in for????  Watch out, the MMM'ers are going to Indy!

why is it that this had me seeing visions of the Laverne and Shirley opening?  Even the lyrics seem to kind of fit...

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
Sclemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.
We're gonna do it!
Give us any chance, we'll take it.
Give us any rule, we'll break it.
We're gonna make our dreams come true.
Doin' it our way.
Nothin's gonna turn us back now,
Straight ahead and on the track now.
We're gonna make our dreams come true,
Doin' it our way.
There is nothing we won't try,
Never heard the word impossible.
This time there's no stopping us.
We're gonna do it.
On your mark, get set, and go now,
Got a dream and we just know now,
We're gonna make our dream come true.
And we'll do it our way, yes our way.
Make all our dreams come true,
And do it our way, yes our way,
Make all our dreams come true
For me and you.

2011-03-08 2:23 PM
in reply to: #3388665

User image

Extreme Veteran
Thanks, Shawn - now we have a theme song! I think we need team jerseys with our first initial embroidered on the front.For some reason, I've had a hankering for carrots the last couple of days...
2011-03-08 3:03 PM
in reply to: #3388763

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Dang it Shawn, now I have that song in my head.... I hope I can get it out by wearing my iPod!!  Actually the words are pretty good!!

2011-03-08 7:03 PM

User image

Veteran

Tammy - glad the adjustment helped and I hope the cervical retraction exercise does as well!

Uh, thanks (NOT!) for that damn song which is now stuck in my head! LOL! I see where you're coming from though! LOL

I **think** I have my race schedule worked out for the season...I few final tweaks and I'll be ready to post it...some trail runs, a 1/2 marathon relay, a half marathon, a sprint, an international distance, an oly, and a Warrior Dash adventure race FUN FUN! Sadly, I have NOT convinced hubby of my need to incur the expense of traveling to Indy for a tri...I'll be cheering you all on though and SO very jealous of all of the fun you're going to have!

2011-03-08 8:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Crap, you guys have been active the last couple of days...my wife is in DC for the first half of the week so I've been on kid duty.  Glad you guys like the pictures....I have been practicing running backwards....thanks Shawn for that cross training assignment..I have also been palming basketballs while I run backwards...so I'm fully prepared!!  My grip is getting pretty strong.

So, the indy crowd is getting bigger...this is gunna be so awesome....So the smack talk is gunna start....remember I'll be watching out for all your jerseys with my name on the back.....as I cheer you on crossing the finish line!!!  Go look at my run tonight...I don't need to smack talk any more than those results..hehe...Bring it people....I'm gunna get this swim thing figured out and spin my A$$ off and keep running like a mad man.....can't catch me - I'm the gingerbread man!!!!  I'm on the weight loss track again too...I will be under 200 by our Tri....I weighed in at 224ish this morning...so I'm coming!!!  I lose another 30lbs and I think I'll be even more speedier!!  HEHE.....

Edited by wsilverthorne 2011-03-08 8:20 PM
2011-03-08 8:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Oh yeah, thanks for the song....I'm gunna struggle to get that out of my head too....although it makes me think of watching Three's company, sanford & son and welcome back kotter.....the good ole days.....NOT in B&W though....that's for you older folk....I can also remember watching wonderwoman with my dad...always wondered why he liked that show....damn pervert!
2011-03-10 9:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland
Holy crap the weeks from hell are almost over!  Knee is very slowly getting better, but I'm still off running for about another 6 weeks. Today it feels ok, but yesterday it hurt like a .  So I'm just working on swimming, and biking (next week), and getting my asthma under control.  My plans for racing are currently on hold until I find out if my knee is going to hold up.  Wish I could make it to Indy, but it just ain't gonna happen...
2011-03-10 2:23 PM
in reply to: #3391708

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Jen, you definitely need to get that knee back in shape before you start running again!!  I hope resting it is helping... I take it the bike does not bother it??  And if you've been off running for over 6 weeks, you'll probably need to start from scratch again, maybe do the Couch to 5K plan.  Walk/run, starting with really low volume till you know it's okay fer sure!

2011-03-11 12:19 PM

User image

Veteran

A SWIMMING BREAKTHROUGH! yaaaaay for me!!

I tell ya', after swimming working through the drills w/the coach yesterday where she had me work up to 5 strokes between breaths, breathing every other felt effortless!!   I was a bit perturbed at myself a few times during the session yesterday and thought I hid it well. Hmph...Coach Slave Driver Kristi called me yesterday afternoon and told me how ECSTATIC she was at my progress from last week and didn't understand why I was aggravated with myself.  Made me feel pretty good and I had to admit to my self-critical nature.

So, now it's a matter of building on what I know and building ENDURANCE in the pool. I still feel panicky on occasion but she assured me that this is perfectly "normal" and we'll work through it. I promise I'll try to stop whining about the pool!

Off today most likely...teenager is FINALLY getting his casts off and had to play catch up with school work. Hoping to get at least 1 run in with the newtons again over the weekend and a spin on the bike too!!

2011-03-11 4:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

Tammy, Awesome job on the breakthrough! 

Just wanted to say thanks for all the inspires this week. I've been a bit MIA because of school this week. But now I am off of school all week! Yes! 

Tomorrow I have a 5k. It is actually the year anniversary of my first race EVER! It is pretty cool to look back at this year and see how far I've come. 

And I've officially gone down a pants size! Heck Yes!

Hope everyone is having a good week/weekend. 

2011-03-11 4:49 PM
in reply to: #3394369

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Congrats Jordan on the weight loss AND all the improvement you've made this past year... I know you are going to do great on your 5K!!

And congrats Tammy on the swim breakthrough, I better watch myself or you are going to be tickling my feet all too soon!

I am offically on

sdf

2011-03-11 4:57 PM

User image

Expert

WOOOT!! for Spring Break! I'm on it, too, and will leave on Monday (after my run analysis, natch!) for six days in sunny CA with my fabulous sister to enjoy the heck out of it! Hilde, hope you have a WONDERFUL break and do lots of fun stuff!

Tammy, WAY TO GO on the swim breakthrough! That's fabulous-- what a cool development!

Jen, hang in there on the injury recovery-- I know it's tough, but you'll be back better than ever once you're healthy again!

Jordie, you ROCK!! Brava on the pants size shrinking-- what a great feeling!

As for me, I've just signed up for IM 70.3 Steelhead on August 14th-- BRING IT ON!!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70