BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 45

2013-06-07 12:58 PM
in reply to: Taringa

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED
Originally posted by Taringa

I've had a reasonable two days getting back into it after being off with a cold. Yesterday an easy 30 mins on the bike at the gym, then some core work. I did feel a lot weaker than usual, but not terrible. Then this morning a nice relaxed 5k run, 40 minutes in zone 2 on the heart rate monitor. I've only just worked out how to set target heart zones so it beeps at me if I'm going too easy or too hard, and so far it's working pretty well. I'm still at the "first go slow to go faster' stage. Oh- and I'm trying to remember a plank a day. 2 planks in 2 days so far, so doing pretty well. How's everyone else's training today?
I'm getting back on track as well with both training and nutrition (was SERIOUSLY heading off the rails for the past 3 weeks). Long bike ride scheduled for today. Alas it will be indoors as we are getting rain like crazy from Tropical storm Andrea. I can be your accountability partner for your plank-a-day - I'm trying to do that too!

2013-06-07 8:16 PM
in reply to: iamDawnAnderson

User image

Extreme Veteran
Now that I've finally figured out how to compress and post pictures, here is my Tri Bike, Lucille!

(Lucille.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Lucille.JPG (59KB - 18 downloads)
2013-06-07 10:44 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Veteran
All this talk of bike rides has me jealous. It seems that when I'm at work the weather is clear but when I'm off the weather is either raining or its some other nasty weather. Not that it mattered much. I've been pulling 17 hours shifts at work as well as picking up extra shifts. I wanted to work out yesterday but my body had different ideas. I slept through multiple alarms and managed to wake up 40 minutes after I was supposed to get my kid from his camp.

I made up for it today though. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine set at a high setting on increasing hills. Then it was off to the weightt room for free weights and core session. After two hours I had hit muscle failure, it took everything I had in me to just lift a 5 lbs weight. Now any sane person would have stopped there but not me. Within 30 minutes I was in the pool for a 1mile swim. My Times showed how tired my arms where.

I'm thankful I don't have to work tonight but it also let great to push my body to my limits. Hope everyone has a good weekend, I'll be at work.....again
2013-06-07 11:31 PM
in reply to: Hubbie

User image

Gold Coast, Australia

I'll attatch a pic of my bike, hopefully this will work.

It's heavy, the seat's not right (will change it one day) and the gears aren't quite true (must get that fixed as well...) but it's what I've got to work with so it'll do for now. Saving up for a flashy road bike tooWink

(Bike small.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Bike small.JPG (72KB - 12 downloads)
2013-06-07 11:36 PM

User image

Gold Coast, Australia

Originally posted by iamDawnAnderson I can be your accountability partner for your plank-a-day - I'm trying to do that too!

Cool! Anyone else in?

2013-06-08 12:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area
Yesterday I completed Week 2/Day 2 of the Swim Zero to One Mile in 6 weeks plan:

WEEK two:
200 yards...rest for 12 breaths
4 x 100 yards...rest for 10 breaths between 100s
4 x 50 yards...rest for 6 breaths between 50s
4 x 25 yards...rest for 4 breaths between 25s
total: 900 yards

It was hard because i hard a heck of a time breathing because my allergies had me completely clogged.
Chlorine usually opens my sinuses but nothing seemed to work.

I think i am going to add this plan to the challenge Todd mentioned. Why? Because i have started the plan a few times and never finished, This time, I am challenging myself to finish.

2013-06-08 9:05 AM

Originally posted by iamDawnAnderson I can be your accountability partner for your plank-a-day - I'm trying to do that too!

Cool! Anyone else in?

A plank a day - I need to do that!
I'm in. Jumping off the computer to do one now. Then I go run
2013-06-08 9:12 AM
in reply to: RZ0

Did the plank - it's that fast!
Now to run.
2013-06-08 8:44 PM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Lovey

Yesterday I completed Week 2/Day 2 of the Swim Zero to One Mile in 6 weeks plan:

WEEK two:

It was hard because i hard a heck of a time breathing because my allergies had me completely clogged.

I think i am going to add this plan to the challenge Todd mentioned. Why? Because i have started the plan a few times and never finished, This time, I am challenging myself to finish.

Great job, and I myself have wondered if Chlorine has lessened my sinus problems this year. Knock on Wood!
2013-06-08 8:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Anna, don't knock it, I really like that Giant. I bet some fun could be had with that bike on a few trails.
2013-06-09 2:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

WEEK two:

Chlorine always seems to clog up my sinuses. So I'm the one in the pool with the ear plugs, nose, clips, goggles, and will spitting out water in a desperate attempt to keep my poor sinuses clear. If I don't I'm promised a sinus infection.

Beth

Great job, and I myself have wondered if Chlorine has lessened my sinus problems this year. Knock on Wood!

2013-06-09 12:58 PM

User image

New user
Aright Taringa & Jim - what's the time for your plank today (Sunday 6/9)? I'm working out a little later so I'll post back...
2013-06-09 3:15 PM

User image

Gold Coast, Australia
Originally posted by iamDawnAndersonAright Taringa & Jim - what's the time for your plank today (Sunday 6/9)? I'm working out a little later so I'll post back...
60 seconds for me. I almost caved at the 40 sec mark but I managed to push through. It was knowing someone would ask that made me hang in there, so Turtle motivation works!
2013-06-09 8:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Ran with a friend this morning and we pushed eachother to an average of 9:15/mile for 4 miles with no stopping!!! That is fast for me, so we are planning on running together a few times a week so he can help me get prepaired for the US Championships in September.

Sounds like everyone is doing well, espically the plank group. Way to go on hanging in there for a full minute!!!!!! Keep up the great work.

Beth
2013-06-09 8:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
OK, time to give a wake up call to a few. The search party is being organized for Mike, Corbet, and Rennay. They have not posted since before the 5th, Corbet must have had one heck of a Birthday Party that he is trying to still recover from. Mike must be spending some quite time with his new lady, and Rennay is like working out the Logisitics of her move. Come on back to the turtles folks we miss your post. Not included was Kara, who is still welcome but the search party has been called back, still hoping she'll come out of the woods on day and back to the turtles.
2013-06-09 8:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Hubbie

Ran with a friend this morning and we pushed eachother to an average of 9:15/mile for 4 miles with no stopping!!! That is fast for me, so we are planning on running together a few times a week so he can help me get prepaired for the US Championships in September.

Sounds like everyone is doing well, espically the plank group. Way to go on hanging in there for a full minute!!!!!! Keep up the great work.

Beth

Beth, that is an impressive run. Have you competed at the Championship before and what distance are we talking about. I'm sure others than myself would be interested in some more facts and your history with the event.

2013-06-09 9:40 PM

User image

New user

Originally posted by iamDawnAndersonAright Taringa & Jim - what's the time for your plank today (Sunday 6/9)? I'm working out a little later so I'll post back...
60 seconds for me. I almost caved at the 40 sec mark but I managed to push through. It was knowing someone would ask that made me hang in there, so Turtle motivation works!
woo-hoo! Go Turtles! I surprised myself with slightly over a minute - 1:07.
2013-06-09 9:41 PM

User image

New user

OK, time to give a wake up call to a few. The search party is being organized for Mike, Corbet, and Rennay. They have not posted since before the 5th, Corbet must have had one heck of a Birthday Party that he is trying to still recover from. Mike must be spending some quite time with his new lady, and Rennay is like working out the Logisitics of her move. Come on back to the turtles folks we miss your post. Not included was Kara, who is still welcome but the search party has been called back, still hoping she'll come out of the woods on day and back to the turtles.
{packs lunches for search party}
2013-06-10 2:28 AM

User image

Gold Coast, Australia
It has been pretty quiet in here this week. Come on, guys, where are you? We miss you!
2013-06-10 4:53 AM
in reply to: 0

1 minute for me on the plank. That's plenty.
Great work on the 1:07!

Edited by RZ0 2013-06-10 4:55 AM
2013-06-10 8:24 AM
in reply to: RZ0

User image

Rensselaer, New York

Man, it's been a while since I have posted!

I'm alive and well, just been really lazy this weekend. My son is winding up his baseball regular season and then it's playoffs and then All-Stars. I love it but it is alot of running around.

Kayla is at the LBS getting a tune-up and I will be doing my fit on Tuesday.

This week I start the 0 to 700 swim program in preparation for the 0 to 1650 that I will be starting along with the 13-week Sprint Tri program. 

If you look at my log you can see it's been a few days sine I have trained. It was just total laziness. This week, come hell or high water, I will get in a full week of training!

I'll have to read pack through the posts to see what everyone is upto but I am sure everyone is training hard and having fun!

2013-06-10 11:38 AM

User image

Todd you hit the nail on the head haha. I should have let you guys know i was taking a miniature vacation. We rented a cabin in the mountains in Tennessee. I was optimistic and brought my running shoes however my car could not climb the mountain with out spinning the tires even on dry pavement. It was crazy steep!!! On top of that I ate and drank anything and everything. Time to get back on track! my race is 46 days away!!!
2013-06-10 3:49 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Baltimore Area

Great job on the plank. My old bootcamp coach use to tell me to do it while watching tv to pass the time. Aim to build up to holding it through the commercial breaks. Let's see if i can get to your level first.

This weekend was crazy BUT awesome.

Saturday – Headed to the pool at 6am to set up for swim team before heading back home for my sleepy boys.
Nice to see some old friends as I volunteered wherever. It was rainy and cool. We ended around 11am.
At noon we headed an hour went for our 14 year olds lacrosse tournament. Games at 2pm and 5pm. There wasn’t a sign that it was raining there. It was so HOT! I had on running pants which I proceeded to roll up to my thighs probably looking crazy as my boys were laughing. Spotted someone in SPUNKWEAR and headed for the booth. I tried on one of the dresses after taking my t-shirt off (I HAD ON A TANK TOP UNDERNEATH!) . It fit so I dropped my pants, paid for the dress and walked away a happy and COOL customer. LOTS of WALKING from field to field, to bathrooms and to the car.
I tried to eat good until my hubby stopped for milkshakes at Sonic on the way home. I did get a kid size though then skipped dinner.

Sunday – 3 mile run with a friend followed by an awesome swim (900 yards). Back to the tournament but I packed snacks, fruit and sandwiches this time. Ate great, minimal walking. Ran errands after I got home including stopping by my church to weigh myself. Try to use the same scale to be consistent. Exhausted, I went to bed at 8:30pm. BEFORE my kids! I never go to bed before midnight.

I LOST 3.4 pounds!! WooHoo!

This weight loss is over a 13 week period. It is low but that’s my fault. The first 9 weeks, I worked out consistently but never tracked my food. I just eyeballed it and tried to make sensible choices. I was losing half a pound per week on average. About mid-May, I started using myfitnesspal to track my food and workouts. Since then, I have been averaging 1 to 1.5 pounds a week weight loss. I feel like I am on track now.

Between my food tracking and my Todd's Tri Turtles group, I am going to be rocking by summer. We all are!
GO TURTLES!!!!

Edited by Lovey 2013-06-10 3:50 PM
2013-06-10 4:08 PM
in reply to: Lovey

User image

Extreme Veteran

Great job on the plank. My old bootcamp coach use to tell me to do it while watching tv to pass the time. Aim to build up to holding it through the commercial breaks. Let's see if i can get to your level first.

This weekend was crazy BUT awesome.

Saturday – Headed to the pool at 6am to set up for swim team before heading back home for my sleepy boys.
Nice to see some old friends as I volunteered wherever. It was rainy and cool. We ended around 11am.
At noon we headed an hour went for our 14 year olds lacrosse tournament. Games at 2pm and 5pm. There wasn’t a sign that it was raining there. It was so HOT! I had on running pants which I proceeded to roll up to my thighs probably looking crazy as my boys were laughing. Spotted someone in SPUNKWEAR and headed for the booth. I tried on one of the dresses after taking my t-shirt off (I HAD ON A TANK TOP UNDERNEATH!) . It fit so I dropped my pants, paid for the dress and walked away a happy and COOL customer. LOTS of WALKING from field to field, to bathrooms and to the car.
I tried to eat good until my hubby stopped for milkshakes at Sonic on the way home. I did get a kid size though then skipped dinner.

Sunday – 3 mile run with a friend followed by an awesome swim (900 yards). Back to the tournament but I packed snacks, fruit and sandwiches this time. Ate great, minimal walking. Ran errands after I got home including stopping by my church to weigh myself. Try to use the same scale to be consistent. Exhausted, I went to bed at 8:30pm. BEFORE my kids! I never go to bed before midnight.

I LOST 3.4 pounds!! WooHoo!

This weight loss is over a 13 week period. It is low but that’s my fault. The first 9 weeks, I worked out consistently but never tracked my food. I just eyeballed it and tried to make sensible choices. I was losing half a pound per week on average. About mid-May, I started using myfitnesspal to track my food and workouts. Since then, I have been averaging 1 to 1.5 pounds a week weight loss. I feel like I am on track now.

Between my food tracking and my Todd's Tri Turtles group, I am going to be rocking by summer. We all are!
GO TURTLES!!!!

Great attitude and congrats on the weightloss. If reference to going to bed early. I have the same problem as you, I know I should go to be earlier, know it will help in all aspects of my life and training to do so, but it is just so hard to go to bed when the bus finally stops moving and I can have some quit time to just do nothing. I have to tell myself that I can do nothing while I'm asleep becuase if I don't I will pay for it on M W F when I get up at 5 to swim.
2013-06-10 7:34 PM

User image

New user
Congrats on the great week Lovey! Get ye to bed at a decent hour consistently both if you. For realz, it will change.your.life. I'm in by 10 (lights off) pretty much every night.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 45