BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 27

2010-08-07 7:52 AM
in reply to: #2769357

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED
Good Luck racers...I know you all will rock!!!!!

2010-08-07 9:08 PM

User image

Expert
C-bus
Thanks for hte well wishes, everyone!  You guys have been a great support for me through all of my training.  I'll let you know when my race report is up. 

Bag is checked, double-checked, and in the car.  Water bottles are freezing in the freezer (obviously).  Breakfast is made for the morning.  Coffee pot is ready to go.  Prayers are being said as we speak I type.  Shower, then off to bed.

Tom- if you're still up-- I'll be at transition at 5am.  Silver (clear coat) Schwinn Supersport bike with red tires, bright blue 2xu tri top/shorts, neon towel for transition.  Hope to meet you there!!!!!  I'll be cheering you on! (I don't start until 8:05!)

Talk to you all tomorrow after it's over!  Brian-good luck to you, too!  Make us proud, fearless leader!
2010-08-08 12:13 PM

User image

Expert
C-bus
Alright, everyone!  My season is officially over (until I decide to sign up for a local tri in September...

Highlights:

My entire family surprised me and cheered me on!  Big spirit lifter! 
Loaned my spare goggles to a relay team. (and got them back)
Was accosted by tons of seaweed.  EW! (no fish, though)
Felt strong the entire race!
Reconnected with a old friend from high school -picked him out of the crowd!
Almost met up with teammate Tom- I think he met the DH, though.

AND--- finished 1st in AG!!!!!

Results:  2:37:xx  (1500m, 24mi, 10k

Lowlights:  my fancy-schmancy $10 bike computer was removed from my bike (but not by me).  oh well...  now I can get a better one!

What a wonderful day! 

Edited by sungirl919 2010-08-08 12:13 PM
2010-08-08 12:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Way to go Robin!!!!!!!!!!!!   That's an amazing finish...can't wait to read the race report!!!  
2010-08-08 5:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Northern Ohio

Well
I cannot complain.  For only having run one three mile run in the past two weeks and just finishing antibiotics on Friday and still fighting chest cold.  I definitely made the right choice swithing to the Sprint.  The Oly would have been hard and even harder wathcing our team pro (Robin) complete this thing.  She is am animal!  Actually it was great experience learning how to cough under water.  LOL.
I finished the sprint (700y swim, 16m bike (although bike odometer said 17 miles) and 3.1R) in 1:53.  I don't even like posting this time.  Robin pretty much embarrased everyone out there.  I was yelling at her and she was so focused I don't think she heard a thing.  I did get to meet her family though.  Great bunch of supporters!  Jake is still sick also so Kelly stayed home with him.  This race venue was excellent!!!!!!!!! Very well organized and great people.  I did get a little teary-eyed when the teams with children who had cerebral palsy came across the finish line.  It was very touching and I will certainly support this cause.
I will post splits when I get them. 
Thanks for all the support all!
????T?o?

2010-08-08 8:17 PM
in reply to: #3030081

User image

Expert
NW NJ
sungirl919 - 2010-08-08 1:13 PM Alright, everyone!  My season is officially over (until I decide to sign up for a local tri in September...

Highlights:

My entire family surprised me and cheered me on!  Big spirit lifter! 
Loaned my spare goggles to a relay team. (and got them back)
Was accosted by tons of seaweed.  EW! (no fish, though)
Felt strong the entire race!
Reconnected with a old friend from high school -picked him out of the crowd!
Almost met up with teammate Tom- I think he met the DH, though.

AND--- finished 1st in AG!!!!!

Results:  2:37:xx  (1500m, 24mi, 10k

Lowlights:  my fancy-schmancy $10 bike computer was removed from my bike (but not by me).  oh well...  now I can get a better one!

What a wonderful day! 

WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!! 1st in AG, 2:37! AMAZING! Congratulations!!!!!!

2010-08-08 8:36 PM
in reply to: #3030426

User image

Expert
NW NJ
Tkimble01 - 2010-08-08 6:20 PM

Well
I cannot complain.  For only having run one three mile run in the past two weeks and just finishing antibiotics on Friday and still fighting chest cold.  I definitely made the right choice swithing to the Sprint.  The Oly would have been hard and even harder wathcing our team pro (Robin) complete this thing.  She is am animal!  Actually it was great experience learning how to cough under water.  LOL.
I finished the sprint (700y swim, 16m bike (although bike odometer said 17 miles) and 3.1R) in 1:53.  I don't even like posting this time.  Robin pretty much embarrased everyone out there.  I was yelling at her and she was so focused I don't think she heard a thing.  I did get to meet her family though.  Great bunch of supporters!  Jake is still sick also so Kelly stayed home with him.  This race venue was excellent!!!!!!!!! Very well organized and great people.  I did get a little teary-eyed when the teams with children who had cerebral palsy came across the finish line.  It was very touching and I will certainly support this cause.
I will post splits when I get them. 
Thanks for all the support all!
????T?o?

Congrats Tom, way to fight through and race hard!!!! 
2010-08-08 8:41 PM

User image

Expert
NW NJ
Here it the quick run down of my sprint today. 

Best race of the season for me, PR in a Sprint and 5K.

I ran a 1:01:37, placed 19th overall and 2nd in AG.  Preliminary results posted on sight had me listed at 4th, so I didn't hang around for the awards ceremony, I'm pretty bummed about that.  I had AG podium at the top of my mind throughout the race and really pushed hard.  I posted a 6:55 run pace in my 5K which to me, into itself, is a huge accomplishment. I can't complain!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! 

-B
2010-08-09 1:42 AM

@ Tom, Robin, and Brian...great job on your races this weekend.  You guys rock!

I've been awol for awhile, the kiddo had a health scare and I kinda lost it...all seems to be ok now so its time to get back on track.  My logs are sooo sad looking, this is the longest stretch of nothing so far this year.  Oh well, time to buckle down and get to work.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Ronda
2010-08-09 7:38 AM

User image

Veteran
Northern Ohio

Well
Here it is

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=221379

Great Race Brian and Robin!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian and Group
Thanks for all the support and encouragement!

Edited by Tkimble01 2010-08-09 7:40 AM
2010-08-09 8:55 AM

Veteran
@ Robin, great results, you smashed your competition!
@ Tom, you are a fighter!  managed to pull through in spite of not feeling well!
@ Brian nice PR, too bad about the podium, you still made it though, no one can take that away!

as for my week-end, it was good.  Had my first 50k ride ever, felt good and will push harder on the bike, need to be consistent. 
I started the week ok, I am following Nole's tips and have my breakfast wraps all done for the week, hopefully this will motivate me to get up early in the morning and do part of my workout.

how are everybody else's training going?

2010-08-09 4:41 PM

User image

Expert
NW NJ
2010-08-09 6:20 PM

BrianDid your brother do the race too? Was this the one he was going to do with you? If it was I hope his swim went well.Ronda
2010-08-09 6:49 PM

User image

Expert
C-bus
Ronda, hope everything is ok with your kidlet!!!!  With your busy schedule, maybe that break will be beneficial to your body!

FYI- race report is up.  Hopefully I can get pictures on it soon.  (Kids have to go to bed first.)

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=221581&posts=1#M3033172
2010-08-10 11:35 AM

User image

Expert
NW NJ

Team,

Sorry in advance for the long post!

I just wanted to take a moment this morning to say how awesome this whole mentor group experience has been for me.  When I first volunteered to be a mentor, I wasn’t so sure about it.  After all, I was only in my second season of triathlon, only had 3 sprint tri’s under my belt and thought that I really have no business trying to offer support to a group of newer triathletes when my feet were barely wet myself.  However, to date, this experience has exceeded my wildest expectations!   

Each of us have had our own personal challenges to deal with over the past 5 months, be it:  family, illness, injury’s, missed training sessions, broken down cars, or just  life in general and I feel that with this group we really come through for each other.  It is great to see everyone dropping in and inspiring each other, checking on logs, offering up advice or even an opportunity to go camping in the Carolinas!   It really is amazing and awe inspiring!  I have never had an experience like this before where a bunch of strangers who have never, and still never, with the exception of Tom and Robin’s DH, met in person to be so supportive and proud of each other and the accomplishments we’ve achieved in such a short time span. 

If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to go back to page 1 of this thread and read through all the bio’s you wrote 5 months ago, it is amazing the accomplishments and breakthroughs you have made since.  Here are a few of my personal highlights from the past few months: 

-Noel, you dropped like 40 lbs and went from running 11 minute miles to 7:30’s, ran your 1st, 2nd and soon 3rd tri all with a little girl at home and taking care of your expecting wife! 

-Tom, you endure through family, amazing vacations with your son, illness after what seems like illness and still manage to show up on race day and bring it home! 

-Crissy, Not only did you get yourself back into a consistent routine, you gave back by leading a couch to 5K run with your community and you completed your 1st tri, even after your horrific volunteering experience!  That is some serious mental strength! 

-Gerardo, in between globetrotting, you manage to come home and bounce right back into a routine.  A real testament to how life can interrupt your training, and in your case take you out of it for weeks at a time, and you get right back on that horse and hit it hard! 

-Justin, I love your race reports because you always manage to get your family involved!  Race day morning can be very stressful on their own, but you take care of what you need to take care of, then always head back and get the family.  Not an easy task at the crack of dawn and especially not easy with 3 children.  You know what’s important in life! 

-Ronda, talk about a balancing act!  Family, Horses, TKD, and Swimming upwards of 10K meters per week!  You do everything you want to do, yet help us remember that Family comes 1st and sometimes a sacrifice is necessary to take care of those who take care of us!    

-Robin, you were debating whether to do the Cleveland Olympic or sprint, then you take 1st in your AG in the Oly, Amazing!  You set out to do something and then you kill it!  You podium’d in every race you ran while taking care of your family and getting the DH involved!   You always manage to find time to check in with us, drop some inspires and chime in with advice just when we need it! 

The reason I write this today is because over the past three weeks or so while reading your race reports, I can’t help but to beam with pride!   In fact, I even got choked up with a number of them, kind of embarrassing!  Also, I just realized that the Spring 2010 mentor program has officially ended.  Which really means absolutely nothing!  I have every intention of keeping this group active if you wish to still participate.   

Even though we have never met, I consider all of you my friends and I look forward to keeping up with you and tracking your progress and future successes.  I encourage all of you to consider volunteering to be a mentor in the future.  I’ve only been doing triathlons for a year now, and this group has been my most satisfying experience since I began!  Thanks to each and every one of you for being part of my group, and providing me with tremendous support as well as a killer sounding board!  

-Brian

2010-08-10 12:42 PM

User image

Expert
C-bus
*sniffle*

Very heartfelt sentiments, Brian.  I thank you for your leadership and everyone for the advice, inspiration, and "listening ear".  I greatly appreciate this group. 

I will still be checking in regularly.  However, this week I will be offline.  While I may be done with my season, I will just be unavailable for a while to comment and post workouts. 

Keep plugging away, MCATG!!!

2010-08-10 1:32 PM

User image

Veteran
Northern Ohio
Thank you Brian
I know it hasn't been easy keeping up with so many in the group.  I have really appreciated the experience and will continue to check in.  I appreciate all your encouraging messages and hope that when we check in later this year that we both have the 70.3 stickers on our trucks.  It has been a great time of reflection also.  Thsi sport takes your life to new challenging levels in more ways than one (physical, spiritual, mental, family, health, etc.)  
To everyone else thanks for the support and advice.  This has been an awesome experience.
I hope all of us can keep in touch and share this for next year also.
 A Big PS.  I am trying to wean off of the Corporate world within the next few years and have come up with a great idea for a business and this has inspired me to pursue a dream to support health, fitnees and the sport.  I will keep all of you updated on this. 
Thanks Again for everything
Tom
2010-08-11 10:53 AM

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
Brain, thanks so much for the kind and inspiring words.  I totally have felt like your leadership and everyone's support has been a MASSIVE factor in my losing weight and doing (soon to be) three triathlons.  Thank you!

I would still like to keep this group going so that we can continue to inspire, encourage, and check up on each other.  I know I can use the support!
2010-08-11 2:45 PM

Veteran
Brian. thanks for your leadership and support through out the mentor group.  You have succesfully managed to keep us on track, go the extra mile and come together as a group. 

To the rest, thanks for all the support!!
2010-08-11 3:30 PM

User image

Veteran
I have alot of catching up to do!!!  I'll read everything and post more later, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be awol for a bit.  My laptop had an accident this weekend...glass of wine + laptop + rambunctious puppy = something else broken in my world!!  I have very little time to get on the internet at work, so I've just been logging workouts! 

I promise I haven't forgotten you all and I will catch up ASAP!!!!  Hope everyone is having a great week!!
2010-08-11 5:42 PM

@ Brian....thank you so much for taking the time to lead this group and to give of your knowledge, encouragement and time...its much appreciated. 

I'll be sticking around as long as the rest of you guys are here...after all my first triathlon isn't until December! 

@ everybody...thanks for always checking in with me, leaving inspires, and offering advice!  I appreciate all of you and really enjoyed this group a lot!

Warm fuzzies to all,
Ronda

2010-08-16 4:09 PM

User image

Expert
NW NJ
Anyone still around?  What's shakin?
2010-08-16 5:43 PM

User image

Expert
C-bus
just got in an hour ago from a cruise to the bahamas.  Do you know how hard it is to run on a rocking boat???

I'll post more tomorrow.
2010-08-16 7:23 PM

@ Robin...a cruise???  Lucky, I'm uber jealous!  Hope you had a great time.

@ Brian...still kicking around, the run and bike just aren't happening for me right now...swimming sporadically but, I did start with a personal trainer and am loving/hating every minute of it!  Hoping to get it all together in the next week or so, I have actually had the month of August off from TKD so I don't really have a great excuse for the slacker-like tendancies, except California finally decided to get hot and I have been an absolute bum!

Probably going to scale swimming back to shorter distances and less frequent since that's the easiest to ramp up later for me, try to squeeze in at least 2 good runs and try for the 3rd but if I can't make it, at least walk with the dogs and kid.  I would be stoked if I could bike once a week outside and make one spin class inside.  Somehow squeeze the pony in there 3-4 times a week and TKD twice a week.  The new trainer I started with said she'd let me do my sessions in half hours instead of an hour so I figure I can squish weight training in three times a week somewhere. 

I'm trying a pilates class tomorrow but I swear no matter how much I like it, I am NOT adding that to the schedule!

Ronda

Edited by Swimfreak17 2010-08-16 7:24 PM
2010-08-17 12:17 PM

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
My wife had our baby girl yesterday.  Finley Rae is her name and she came in at 7 lbs 6 oz.  She and mom are both healthy and happy. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 27