BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-03-16 8:06 AM
in reply to: #3399618

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!

I gots to say that everyone seems to be hanging in there with the training, and I"m especially impressed with all the FFN'ers who are still dealing with winter!   Spring has SPROINGED here in Texas, still nice cool mornings, but we're hitting 70's and even 80's later this week in the afternoons, great for biking, not so good for running.  I see lots of races on your logs, mostly running or Du's, but we should start seeing some Triathlons soon! 

Also don't forget to sign up for Indy if you are joining us for the MMM meet up!!

Here's link to registration:  https://secure.getmeregistered.com/get_information.php?event_id=4300

Here's a link for info:  http://www.tuxbro.com/entry-info/sprint-triathlon/sprint-tri-entry-info.html

I'm still working on Tshirts... I discovered another company online that doesn't care if our shirt is violent!  I'm trying to get pricing on a tech shirt, but I can only print 2 colors, so may have to go with cotton if I can't get it figured out.  I can go with a white tech shirt, or I'm looking at black if I have to go cotton.  I'll post pics and get sizes so I can get pricing... looks like they have a fast turnaround and there's only 6 as a minimum.

For now, KEEP ON TRAINING!!  Be consistent, use your HTFU factor when needed and keep inspiring each other!!

2011-03-16 8:26 AM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Veteran
Yeah, I *THOUGHT* maybe we turned the corner here yesterday when we hit almost 50 degrees and sunny but...NO! Today is is 30 degrees and snowing....ENOUGH!
2011-03-17 9:57 AM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

Happy St Patrick's Day!
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

(happystpatricksday-300x153.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
happystpatricksday-300x153.jpg (21KB - 7 downloads)
2011-03-17 12:04 PM
in reply to: #3401849

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Here's a link to my latest T-shirt design.... I used a white tech shirt, and the more we order, the lower the cost. 

I could NOT get it to copy and paste here, grrrr.

MMM T-shirt

In case you can't read it, front says, "I'm not afraid of a little pain, I tri !"

Back says, "I am one of the few, the proud, and the incredibly diverse... I am an MMM'er!"  I *heart* BT, Swim Bike Run

Let me know what you think!

2011-03-17 12:59 PM
in reply to: #3402093

User image

Veteran

LOVE IT Hilde!!

Count me in for 2 of them! I think the white is a good idea rather than the black at least for those of us who have more than 2 months of HOT weather...

2011-03-17 2:43 PM

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY

I really like the design but tend to gravitate towards simpler designs on the front.  You all can play with the text and I surfed and found a more appropriate weapon for our group on the front.  It's probably too big and looks weird next to the text but I leave the specifics to the many much more artistic people that are here in the group!

Shawn's Try

Just my $.02...

2011-03-17 2:44 PM

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY

I forgot to add that customink is the company we used for our wedding shirts and they came out great! 

I'm also down for a shirt too.

2011-03-17 3:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Looks awesome!
2011-03-17 4:39 PM
in reply to: #3402448

User image

Veteran
I REALLY like your shirt idea Shawn! The whip is appropriate symbology on the front of the shirt....
2011-03-17 6:09 PM
in reply to: #3402657

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Wow, you guys are really creative!!  I love the shirts.....the whips has shhhhhhh secret meaning....haha.  I'm in for one too!!!  Great job Hilde for putting that concept together!
2011-03-17 6:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

I didn't say that I was in for a shirt. I am! 

Thanks for thinking of this, Hilde. It's a great idea!

2011-03-18 6:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Either design works for me.  I'm in.
2011-03-18 11:24 AM
in reply to: #3403109

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Okay, here's a compromised design..... sorry Shawn, I just really like the blood !

Another MMM design

If we can get 10 shirts, they'll be $30.08... more will be less. 

Edited by hildekq 2011-03-18 11:26 AM
2011-03-18 12:15 PM
in reply to: #3403550

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
hildekq - 2011-03-18 12:24 PM

Okay, here's a compromised design..... sorry Shawn, I just really like the blood !

Another MMM design

If we can get 10 shirts, they'll be $30.08... more will be less. 

Lol - I like the revisions, my bloody handed friend.  I made a couple more, like cleaning up the stray text from the back and taking out the "I Tri" because we're not unique becase we tri, we're unique because we stay in this group that inflicts pain - good pain, but pain nevertheless (at least in my mind).  Plus it makes you want to look at the back (where I alternate believing that the people are celebrating or running from Hilde's whip).  Wink

I also moved the BT down to the bottom because the heart amongst all that blood had my mind spinning.  Maybe we could put it on the sleeve if it doesn't cost too much more...

Sorry for all the suggestions - too many years of bosses inflicting a "less is sometimes more" philosophy on my marketing efforts...

Yet another MMM design, quite like the one before it  

Come on everyone - you're going to be parading around in these (or asking your support staff spouses, significant others, children, family, pets, etc to do so at a race so you can REALLY pick them out) so add your $.02 before I ruin your shirts with my suggestions.

2011-03-18 12:17 PM

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY

Hee hee - I bet you all wish I was back at work and silent, like usual. 

In a non-tshirt related question, what's on the docket for everyone this weekend?  I'm going to try and shake off some of this soreness with a long swim and a ride.  We're supposed to be celebrating St. Patty's Day with my wife's family on Saturday but I'm also going to try and squeeze a visit in to the local bike shop to begin my seach for a road bike. 

2011-03-18 1:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

Ooh. A new bike. That sounds fun!

I was going to swim and spin today, but I sliced my index finger and middle finger at work pretty bad with a super sharp box cutter. I went to the ER after work hoping the bleeding would subside. No stitches were required. Some glue and some sticky little band aid things. It's right across my top knuckles so when ever I bend them it kind of opens. I sent my brother a picture since he's a nurse. I thought I would ask his advice. He told me to put neosporin on it. Undecided And oddly enough, I knew he would say that.  Gotta love brotherly love.

Anyway. No swimming for a few days for me. I have a 3 mile tempo run tomorrow and an 8 miler on Sunday.  I want to break my bike out too. The weather has been so nice here. 

Hope everyone else has a good weekend. Anyone racing?

2011-03-18 2:06 PM
in reply to: #3403808

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

ARGHHH.... so taking Shawn's comments into account, here is yet ANOTHER tshirt design... I took the "I *heart* BT!" and put it on the back... the sleeve would be cool, but I think $30 is already enough $$$ for a shirt!!

FINAL Tshirt design maybe?

And we DO have racers this weekend!!

Denise has a HALF MARATHON on Sunday!!  Run Denise Run!

And our very own bodybuilder, Marsha has her 2nd body building competition on Sunday!!  (If you need a fish recipe, PM her!)

2011-03-18 5:06 PM
in reply to: #3403864

User image

Veteran

Marsha - You are the BOMB!!

Denise - Kick their A$$e$!!

Shawn and Hilde - I like BOTH of the designs so which ever one wins out by majority vote is great for me. Hopefully, everyone orders 2 to bring down the cost some........but if not - I still want 2!

No races for me this weekend, maybe next. Planning on a bike/run combo tomorrow and another bike on Sunday to get some more time in the saddle.

Next visit w/the swim coach is next Thursday so hoping to get back in the pool at least once more before I meet with her again! Ready for the END of spring break now and an ADULT VACATION!

2011-03-18 9:09 PM

User image

Veteran

:WAVE: everyone!

Good luck to all the racers! Can't wait to hear how you do I'm leaving in the AM for my competition (the actual show is on Sunday at 10am)...excited! Especially for the feast that will take place afterward! LOL

Love the shirts...I'm good with whatever you all decide on as the final design - count me in for one and let me know where to send the money!

Monday will likely be a rest day and then Tuesday I'll get cracking on a running program so prep for the HM I'm hoping to do at the end of May. I promise to also get my time trials done ASAP!

2011-03-19 4:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI

Hilde I like your final design.  My husband want one (?) so I guess I'm in for 2!  How do we order??? 

Good luck Marsha and Denise make us all proud.

2011-03-20 8:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi guys, I'm back in town after a soggy week in SFO. It rained all but one of the 5 days, but that didn't slow us down any. The 10-year old daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our getaway. Highlights included a couple of science museums (for her), some fresh bread (for me), and an Alcatraz tour (for both of us). Shopping and dim sum in Chinatown, watching the sea lions, and an open-top bus tour (on our one sunny day) of the Golden Gate Bridge were all pretty awesome, too. But it's good to be back home, where it's warm and dry! I hope some some of this spring weather makes it up to you FFNers- I don't know how you do it!

2011-03-21 12:13 PM

User image

Veteran
SORRY! I got back really late last night and had to be at work at 6 am this morning. Not really supposed to be on here at work but the quick and dirty is I placed 1st in the novice division, 4th in the masters 35+ division and 4th in the open division. I had a great time and felt like I was in great condition. I'll be back sometime soon with details and pictures
2011-03-21 12:33 PM
in reply to: #3406936

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Bodybuilding Marsha kicked some bodybuilding @$$!!!  1st in the Novice Division .... AWESOME!!!  All that fish paid off... can't wait for the pics so I can feel fat, ha ha!  Now we're all waiting for some SBR training!!!  So pray tell, WHAT was the post-competition feast??  Buffet
2011-03-22 7:01 AM

User image

Veteran

LOL Hilde....we ate at an Italian restaurant. I started off with a ton of yummy rolls dipped in garlic/parmesan dipping oil, a bowl of Minestrone soup, and then a HUGE overstuffed Calzone with Italian sausage, green peppers, onions and spinach with feta and Mozzarella cheese with marinara sauce on the side for dipping...finished off with carrot cake and a cup of coffee...I was stuffed to the gills! Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan was it good. And then......gurgle, gurgle, gurgle is all my stomach had to say the rest of the night...LOL!

But, now I'm back on track...did a great run/spin workout this morning and I'm working on laying out my training plan for my (hopefully!) HM and first Tri

I promise to do my bet to get pics up tonight.

2011-03-22 11:51 AM
in reply to: #3395876

User image

Veteran

Marsha.....there are no words!! You are so awesome!! I hope I can be as focused as you someday..

Wilson...Where are you?? Are you lost....did all the femalness scare you away, haven't heard from you in a couple days - maybe you and Shawn decided to run away...?

Jordan and Joe....Did ya'll thaw out yet?

Tammy (Turtle)....I'll have to tell my 16 year old that you didn't see any ghosts @ Alcatraz. He watches Ghost Hunters religiously when not grounded from the tv....

Tooooo quiet here...someone make some NOISE!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70