2007-07-19 1:56 PM
in reply to: #892942

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX
Subject: RE: David Gillen's Group - FULL
kproudfoot - 2007-07-19 12:59 PM

Dave,

My turn for a training question. As you know my HIM is in less than 8 weeks and I want to make sure I am not overtraining and will get burned out. My next 8 weeks total training is as follows

1 - 563
2 - 619
3 - 681
4 - 408
5 - 681
6 - 749
7 - 599
8 - 280

Looks like week 4 is your rest week. I wouldn't be afraid of reducing the volume even a little further during this week. No real long or hard stuff this week.

My split between disciplines is swim (16%), bike (57%) and run (27%). I plan on 2 swims, 3 bikes and 3 runs a week, one of the bikes will probably be on a trainer (I will probably miss some of these also).

Your percentages look good, although you could consider trading a little biking time for more running time. The 13.1 mile run is the toughest part of the HIM. I've done 2 HIMs and neither one was good running experience for me, but that was partly b/c I took in too much liquid and calories on the bike and then had a bloated gut on the run!

In addition here is the days I am trying to train.
Mon - Off
Tues - Swim, Bike
Wed - Run
Thur - Swim, Run
Fri - Off
Sat - Long Bike
Sun - Long Run, bike trainer

What about bricks? You should mix some of these in too. Especially after your long ride. You could also consider some intervals and/or tempo runs too.

Lastly, my longest training for each discipline is Swim (72min), Bike (270min) and run (121min).

Realistically do you think I am over, under or training just right?

You're definitely NOT under-training. 121 min run is plenty long. You could probably do fine on just a longest run of about 100 mins. Your volume/plan looks pretty good but pay close attention to how you feel and how your are recovering, and if you start to feel bad, back off some.

The one thing I was thinking is switching my tuesday ride with my wednesday run to break up the runs but have not been feeling any ill effects.

Basically I am trying to get rest day before and after my long weekends as recovery.

If you're not having a problem running 2 days in a row, then don't worry about it!

Rest days before and after the weekend are perfect, but you can always consider doing an "active recovery" on Monday. Say an easy swim or even a 30 min easy spin on the trainer can help w/ recovery!

My goal time for Praireman is sub 6hrs but I would like to be closer to 5:40.

Thanks - See you Saturday. Let's hope the rain stays away.

Dude! You'll go sub-6 easy. 5:40 is definitely do-able for you!

Looking forward to Saturday. You're staying for the party, right? Remind me to show you my "Perfect Distance" book about HIMs. It's great.

2007-07-19 2:05 PM
in reply to: #801094

User image

Champion
Butler

Dave,

Thanks for the input.  I do need to get some bricks in.  Probably what I will do the last few weeks before the race is take one of my weekday runs and throw it after my long bike on Saturday and throw some short transition runs after my midweek bike.

I am planning on staying for a little while after.  I need to get home though as this weekend (Sunday) is my Anniversary and need to get somethings done around the house on Saturday afternoon but want to come by for a little.  It was funny because I said something to my wife last night about going to watch the tour and her comment was "You are going to watch TV after" to which I replied I was actually going to just hang out for alittle bit to talk to people I have chatted with online.  She asked if she was invited and I told her I am sure noone would mind if you stop by but "do you really want to hang around a bunch of tri geeks watching the tdf?"  She told me to have fun and she will see me when I get home, while laughing.

2007-07-19 2:17 PM
in reply to: #893080

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX
kproudfoot - 2007-07-19 2:05 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the input. I do need to get some bricks in. Probably what I will do the last few weeks before the race is take one of my weekday runs and throw it after my long bike on Saturday and throw some short transition runs after my midweek bike.

Sound perfect, and we're doing a pretty significant 60/4 brick this weekend don't forget! 

Before Prairieman, I'd recommend trying to get in 2 "race simulation" bricks that consist of about a 40 mile ride at close to race pace, followed by a 6-8 mile run.  These will provide you the perfect opportunity to nail down your nutrition plan, gain confidence, and understand what it feels like to run long after biking hard!

Most of your other bricks should have a much shorter run 2-3 miles max, especially after your long rides.  

I am planning on staying for a little while after. I need to get home though as this weekend (Sunday) is my Anniversary and need to get somethings done around the house on Saturday afternoon but want to come by for a little. It was funny because I said something to my wife last night about going to watch the tour and her comment was "You are going to watch TV after" to which I replied I was actually going to just hang out for alittle bit to talk to people I have chatted with online. She asked if she was invited and I told her I am sure noone would mind if you stop by but "do you really want to hang around a bunch of tri geeks watching the tdf?" She told me to have fun and she will see me when I get home, while laughing.

Stay as long or as short as you want.  And of course, your wife is welcome.  My wife probably won't be watching much of the tour, so she'd have some one to talk to, but I imagine that everyone else be engaging in a lot of tri-geek talk that our wives so dearly love! 

2007-07-19 2:29 PM
in reply to: #893080

Veteran
kproudfoot - 2007-07-20 9:05 AM

I am planning on staying for a little while after.  I need to get home though as this weekend (Sunday) is my Anniversary

An OWS on Mothers Day and now a brick workout and tdf with tri buddies on your anniversary weekend!  I hope you got her a REALLY cool gift.

2007-07-19 2:40 PM
in reply to: #893140

User image

Champion
Butler
Timo - 2007-07-19 2:29 PM
kproudfoot - 2007-07-20 9:05 AM

I am planning on staying for a little while after.  I need to get home though as this weekend (Sunday) is my Anniversary

An OWS on Mothers Day and now a brick workout and tdf with tri buddies on your anniversary weekend!  I hope you got her a REALLY cool gift.

I actually got her a "Journey necklace" from Kay jewelers so hopefully she will like it.  She is actually okay with me doing the brick party on Saturday as long as I get my run in Sunday early before she wakes up.

Plus remember our first date was at sbarro and a movie at her apartment so I have set the bar pretty low for myself.

Edited by kproudfoot 2007-07-19 2:42 PM
2007-07-19 2:42 PM
in reply to: #893113

User image

Champion
Butler
dgillen - 2007-07-19 2:17 PM
kproudfoot - 2007-07-19 2:05 PM

Dave,

Thanks for the input. I do need to get some bricks in. Probably what I will do the last few weeks before the race is take one of my weekday runs and throw it after my long bike on Saturday and throw some short transition runs after my midweek bike.

Sound perfect, and we're doing a pretty significant 60/4 brick this weekend don't forget! 

Before Prairieman, I'd recommend trying to get in 2 "race simulation" bricks that consist of about a 40 mile ride at close to race pace, followed by a 6-8 mile run.  These will provide you the perfect opportunity to nail down your nutrition plan, gain confidence, and understand what it feels like to run long after biking hard!

Most of your other bricks should have a much shorter run 2-3 miles max, especially after your long rides.  

I am planning on staying for a little while after. I need to get home though as this weekend (Sunday) is my Anniversary and need to get somethings done around the house on Saturday afternoon but want to come by for a little. It was funny because I said something to my wife last night about going to watch the tour and her comment was "You are going to watch TV after" to which I replied I was actually going to just hang out for alittle bit to talk to people I have chatted with online. She asked if she was invited and I told her I am sure noone would mind if you stop by but "do you really want to hang around a bunch of tri geeks watching the tdf?" She told me to have fun and she will see me when I get home, while laughing.

Stay as long or as short as you want.  And of course, your wife is welcome.  My wife probably won't be watching much of the tour, so she'd have some one to talk to, but I imagine that everyone else be engaging in a lot of tri-geek talk that our wives so dearly love! 

Dave, thanks I will let her know but she will probably pass and just hang out with our son.  I am hoping in the next few years he will get into the sport also so I will not have an excuse for not spending time with him.

2007-07-19 4:01 PM

User image

Expert
Yeah! I achieved the "zone" today with the OWS. I have a few times in a pool, but never before in the lake! You know, when the rhythm is just right and you don't think of anything other than the next stroke and you just feel good??? I have been trying to quit trying to race in the water and just relax. So, I 'm slow yet, but my breathing was so much better that I could do more crawl. In the past when I get nerved up with the swim, I get goofy breathing and then have to breast stroke or back stroke the rest of the way. I still did some of that, but it took awhile to RELAX! Then I felt better after than I did before for a change. I'm hoping this tri stuff will help me to handle the rest of my life as the rest of my life is stressful!! I very strongly dislike paying $700 for a washer.......makes me rather asthmatic and anxiety ridden!! Now to get in the zone with the bike.........I just haven't been there yet, but I guess I'll have 150 miles to get into it soon! If I ever get there with the run, I'll go celebrate like I've never done before!!
2007-07-19 8:04 PM

User image

Expert
Hah! It's about time! I FINALLY got some speed going on the bike! I averaged over 18 mph and even saw 27mph about 5 times, but couldn't maintain it---yet! And it only took me 1001 miles to get that speed! I'm actually a little bit proud of meself--so far for the year I've also done 244 miles run and 32,540 y swim! Which may not seem like much to you marathon and super dudes, but I only learned to swim this winter--took lessons and everything. And I never ran a mile before this year in my LIFE! I never could before. Okay--this gives me hope. I had a relaxed and enjoyable OWS and a fast bike today. I think my cardiovascular system is finally getting some conditioning. Either that, or the rest weeks are actually HELPING me???? Hmmmmm.......maybe more rest isn't such a bad thing? Now everyone go light a candle and pray to the running saints for me! Especially the one in charge of hamstrings. (I'm not catholic and mean absolutely no harm here--I just know there is a saint for about everything!!) Heck, go hit a Buddhist gong or two for me as well!! I may even get a pet rock and set up a little alter to the running GODDESSES!!
2007-07-19 9:36 PM
in reply to: #893666

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX

phoenixrising404 - 2007-07-19 8:04 PM Hah! It's about time! I FINALLY got some speed going on the bike! I averaged over 18 mph and even saw 27mph about 5 times, but couldn't maintain it---yet! And it only took me 1001 miles to get that speed!

18 mph over 22 miles is very respectable, Pene. Congrats, you are getting fast!

Your T.I.T.S. has really boosted your speed! That's Time In The Saddle! :) That's the way cycling works.

I think my cardiovascular system is finally getting some conditioning. Either that, or the rest weeks are actually HELPING me???? Hmmmmm.......maybe more rest isn't such a bad thing?

Exactly right Pene. Always remember, rest is when you're gaining fitness and building muscle. Training is mostly breaking you down! You NEED to prioritize recovery. How many times have I said this!!!

I'm proud of you,Pene, for sticking with it, resting when you need to, getting thru the down days, and coming out strong. Remember good days like today when you have your next bad one!

Edited by dgillen 2007-07-19 9:38 PM
2007-07-20 7:52 AM

User image

Expert
Okay, as the group's official Catwoman, there's just no way I can NOT comment! It's really nice that my T.I.T.S. are good for something!!! Though admittedly, they aren't what they used to be! I think they need to be boosted, and not the other way around (you opened THAT can of worms!!!!)

Thanks for the pep talk, Dave. You made me laugh out loud with this last one
2007-07-20 8:39 AM

User image

New user
200+ miles mean's your are getting close to a new pair of shoes! Wow, I think I get mine in a month. I ran the Bix course last night, it's looking pretty good for next week. The course is looking good that is, seeing as I might be finishing bop since I'm not relaxing my tri-training for the race. Phoeno, if you see a young kid crawling on the ground with a glazed look in his eyes, please don't kick him. I'm weak in the ribs.

2007-07-20 9:16 AM
in reply to: #893963

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX

phoenixrising404 - 2007-07-20 7:52 AM Okay, as the group's official Catwoman, there's just no way I can NOT comment! It's really nice that my T.I.T.S. are good for something!!! Though admittedly, they aren't what they used to be! I think they need to be boosted, and not the other way around (you opened THAT can of worms!!!!) Thanks for the pep talk, Dave. You made me laugh out loud with this last one

You're welcome.  My wife tends to think of me as being serious most of the time, and I'm afraid that's how I might come across on this thread.  But occasionally, I like to make people laugh even though not as often as yourself or Johnny!

2007-07-20 11:18 AM

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX

Time for the Friday video...

http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/81/swimming_to_antarctica

And I thought Alcatraz was cold!!!!

BTW, the video took a little while to come in for me but it finally did! 

2007-07-20 12:41 PM

User image

Expert
Oh Matt--you KNOW you're gonna kick it for the Bix! And if you do happen to collapse and stay there long enough for me to stumble upon, I'll carry you the rest of the way if need be! That way I'd get to touch your hot sweaty young body!!! (yes, I've decided I"m in a midlife crisis--the female version--where guys my own age look decrepit and fragile to me and young dudes look great and can ALMOST keep up with me, but then the waitress thinks I'm his mother and hands ME the bill at the dinner date.....) The youngest I dated was 26 and that's exactly what happened. He wanted to see me again, but I just couldn't do it....how do you bring home a guy to meet your mother that is younger than your kid brother??? But then, who says you bring them home, right???

See, I start to feel better and then you just never know what I"ll say next.....

Okay, a page from my life: my car wouldn't start this morning because the 4 year old popped the rear hatch and didn't close it, so the battery is dead. So I start lecturing the 4 year old as I'm marching them into town on foot and the Mennonite lady who cleans my office is out on the neighbor lady's porch shaking a rug out and gives me the LOOK. You know, the "bad momma" look! (yes, I do have a temper on occasion) Then my receptionist's husband sees us walking and gives us a ride to the sitter's and back to work and tries to jump the battery, but my hood popper dealie is broken and he can't get the hood popped. Luckily a patient came in and her husband is a mechanic so he'll try tonight. Otherwise I have to resort to the blue van that I call "Baloo" after the Jungle Book (bear necessities of life). It has a cracked windshield, no muffler and smells like garbage because I haul mine to the dump in the van. The door sticks too. And we won't even talk about the rust.....

But on a happy note, the velo club here is going to sponsor me on the MS 150, and with the other pledges I've managed, I think I now have the minimum! And there are 3 other women who's team I may join from LaCrosse, so that's cool. I was just going to do it as a solo person. The team thing might be more fun, as long as they don't drop me!

And a patient gave me a recipe to make my own homemade Starbuck's frappuccino's!! Yeah! It's my only addiction besides tri's.......and beating myself up....I'm addicted to that too
2007-07-20 1:18 PM

User image

New user
I'm not so sure about that... To most women I don't think my 6'0'', 125lbs, runner's upperbody, and Rasmussen legs are anything to get overly excited about. From the above description if you add freckly irish boy, and my forest green performance shorts, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to pick me out at the post race festivities. I also like standing in lines, and since the only one after the race is near the beer tent, I might have to stand in that one for awhile. Also, make sure to listen for the Illinois Wesleyan XC "Battle Cry" right after the gun (I'm guessing it will be a little tough to hear).
2007-07-20 1:22 PM
in reply to: #894555

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX

Miler - 2007-07-20 1:18 PM I'm not so sure about that... To most women I don't think my 6'0'', 125lbs, runner's upperbody, and Rasmussen legs are anything to get overly excited about.

Wow!  I knew you were skinny, but 6'0" and 125lbs.  DAMN!!!  If they call Rasmussen the chicken, I'm going to call you "Tri-Chicken"!  

2007-07-20 2:28 PM

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX

You should always wear your helmet:

2007-07-20 3:19 PM

User image

Expert
Where do you find these funny things Dave? I didn't even look at the antarctica deal. The 26 year old does marathons all over the world and did Antarctica this past year--crazy crazy crazy. He's done 9 marathons so far and then he got a stress fracture!

Matt--cut it out! I'm the one who is supposed to be the queen of insecurities!! I thought only women had them! I bet there will be a whole line of young runner chicks after you! I'll even go drum some up for you if you want--though your girl will likely kill me!! The attitude to take is that you are a predator!! (that came from a wise fellow on here!!)
2007-07-20 3:33 PM
in reply to: #894106

User image

Champion
Butler
dgillen - 2007-07-20 9:16 AM

phoenixrising404 - 2007-07-20 7:52 AM Okay, as the group's official Catwoman, there's just no way I can NOT comment! It's really nice that my T.I.T.S. are good for something!!! Though admittedly, they aren't what they used to be! I think they need to be boosted, and not the other way around (you opened THAT can of worms!!!!) Thanks for the pep talk, Dave. You made me laugh out loud with this last one

You're welcome.  My wife tends to think of me as being serious most of the time, and I'm afraid that's how I might come across on this thread.  But occasionally, I like to make people laugh even though not as often as yourself or Johnny!

My wife thinks I am the total opposite, I am never serious, which I hardly ever am.  Sometimes when she tells me to be serious I will ask her if she wants "Serious Ken to come out and play", which entails me sitting there all prim and proper with a stern look on my face.  She hate it when I do that. She usually leaves me alone after that.
2007-07-20 3:34 PM

User image

New user

Edited by Miler 2007-07-20 3:41 PM
2007-07-21 7:44 AM

User image

Expert
Must have left you speechless, huh, Matt? That IS one way to get more posts though. Just post nothing 500 times or so and you can be an "expert"!! I DARE you..........

I'm bored. Don't want to clean my house, haul the garbage, mow the lawn, clean off my kitchen table or pick up the clothes and towels on the bathroom floor. I don't even want to go shopping. And someone told me the new Harry Potter movie was boring!!! hrmph!

So, that leaves gabbing endlessly on the computer or........moving my big old redbike today on the bike, since my ham still twinges even while walking.......now I"m starting to worry! It should be almost completely healed by NOW!!! Time is running out.......

We have a mugger/rapist on one of the local running/biking trails now. Great!

And there is a big tizzy over a biker who was run off the road by a truck. He has compression fractures in his low back, a broken ankle and a concussion and the authorities don't want to press charges against the truck driver! The velo and tri groups are all over that, and we number quite substantially! There are all kinds of Gundersen Doc's in the Velo club, and they have a little clout!

So, I'm thinking I'll either have to get a BIG boyfriend to go out and train with or take my 9mm with me and wave it around so the damn vehicles leave the crazy Bitc... alone and the muggers do, too!!!

2007-07-23 7:29 AM

User image

Expert
Hey Dave, how did your big weekend ride/run/party go??? You still aren't logging I noticed, but someone left you an inspire me message--just thought you should know that....

Did anyone see the new Harry Potter movie? I splurged last night ($42 for my little pack of candy eating monsters) and it was okay. A bit less action packed than the others though. Boy can I ever relate to the Luna Lovegood character! That was me in my younger years--totally out of it! And very very "different". I'm a lot more fiery now--more like Elektra! (just kidding, I'm not an assassin).

I think I'll survive the MS 150. I did 66 miles Saturday in 4 hours and felt okay. The kids were just totally fighting and sick of me being on the darn bike so I left it at that. Next day I felt headachy and backachy but Tylenol and Ibuprofin totally took care of it. So I finished out the 9 miles that were my goal on Saturday just because I'm stubborn and then tried to run. That was a different story. Cardio wise and breathing wise I was great. Muscle wise--uh-uh. I hobble ran and should have had a cane! Unless things magically change this week, I think the Bix is out. It sounds fun, but I'm not going to go through the huge hassle of driving all that way, 8 hours round trip, and what to do with my kids just to go for a long walk. I'm not even sure my hamstring would like a long hilly walk right now. I must have just torn the crap out of it because it is 4 weeks now. And things are not healed yet.

Some super women on here suggested water jogging for me. Might have to resort to that the next month or so. Or maybe the minitrampoline? That just seems too whimpy to me somehow.

I read this article at the laundromat last week that talked about Hans Selye, the grandfather of psychoneuroimmunology (my master's degree thesis topic) and how the body will adapt to increasing amounts of stress or training. Everyone is different in how long it takes to adapt and how fast you can increase. I'm learning that my muscles adapt easier than my other systems. I get really TIRED the next day. Not especially achy, and not sleepy, just totally unmotivated, a little depressed and a deep deep tired feeling. Fortunately, I stayed in my body this time and could drive. I'm also realizing that increasing caffeine does not help, it just makes it all worse when I'm that tired. So, I let myself have a down day after a long 4-5 hour training day because I have to! So, today my house is still a mess. Oh well. I guess we all have something clean to wear and some sort of food in our bellies. Good enough. Yesterday I read to the kids and cuddled with them and played barbies with my daughter a bit and took a nap and went to a movie. I'm such a slacker
2007-07-23 8:18 AM
in reply to: #896480

User image

Champion
Butler

phoenixrising404 - 2007-07-23 7:29 AM Hey Dave, how did your big weekend ride/run/party go??? You still aren't logging I noticed, but someone left you an inspire me message--just thought you should know that.... Did anyone see the new Harry Potter movie? I splurged last night ($42 for my little pack of candy eating monsters) and it was okay. A bit less action packed than the others though. Boy can I ever relate to the Luna Lovegood character! That was me in my younger years--totally out of it! And very very "different". I'm a lot more fiery now--more like Elektra! (just kidding, I'm not an assassin). I think I'll survive the MS 150. I did 66 miles Saturday in 4 hours and felt okay. The kids were just totally fighting and sick of me being on the darn bike so I left it at that. Next day I felt headachy and backachy but Tylenol and Ibuprofin totally took care of it. So I finished out the 9 miles that were my goal on Saturday just because I'm stubborn and then tried to run. That was a different story. Cardio wise and breathing wise I was great. Muscle wise--uh-uh. I hobble ran and should have had a cane! Unless things magically change this week, I think the Bix is out. It sounds fun, but I'm not going to go through the huge hassle of driving all that way, 8 hours round trip, and what to do with my kids just to go for a long walk. I'm not even sure my hamstring would like a long hilly walk right now. I must have just torn the crap out of it because it is 4 weeks now. And things are not healed yet. Some super women on here suggested water jogging for me. Might have to resort to that the next month or so. Or maybe the minitrampoline? That just seems too whimpy to me somehow. I read this article at the laundromat last week that talked about Hans Selye, the grandfather of psychoneuroimmunology (my master's degree thesis topic) and how the body will adapt to increasing amounts of stress or training. Everyone is different in how long it takes to adapt and how fast you can increase. I'm learning that my muscles adapt easier than my other systems. I get really TIRED the next day. Not especially achy, and not sleepy, just totally unmotivated, a little depressed and a deep deep tired feeling. Fortunately, I stayed in my body this time and could drive. I'm also realizing that increasing caffeine does not help, it just makes it all worse when I'm that tired. So, I let myself have a down day after a long 4-5 hour training day because I have to! So, today my house is still a mess. Oh well. I guess we all have something clean to wear and some sort of food in our bellies. Good enough. Yesterday I read to the kids and cuddled with them and played barbies with my daughter a bit and took a nap and went to a movie. I'm such a slacker
Dave's party was great.  We all decided he should be a race director.  He had aid stations out for us and all kinds of food after.  We all had a great time and the bike route was awesome.  Very few cars and great views.

Did not see Harry Potter but did see Chuck and Larry, totally hilarious. 

You will do great on the MS150.  My long ride was 40 miles the weekend before I did it and felt fine.  It is amazing what being in a group will do for you.  Just try and find people going about your speed and sit on their wheels and they will pull you along.

2007-07-23 10:16 AM

User image

Expert
Totally jealous that you guys get to train together! But glad for you, too!

Been wanting to see Chuck and Larry. Not sure if it's a kid appropriate movie?

I can be on a team with 3 other gals from LaCrosse. The one lady just emailed me and though at first she said they were 16-18 mph gals, she said they went on a 46 mile ride and slowed down with time (like me) and were more like 15-17 mph. I think we'll be compatible. Especially if we all agree to just try to have fun. I think I can sit and spin the pedals all day at 14-15 and now I see the 20's quite frequently. But I don't know how the course will be, how hot it will be, etc. I figure I should try for a total of 150 miles this week. Does that sound reasonable? And then next week I'm resting up. Or at least that's the plan. Might take the kids to the lake on Thursday and water jog with them for a couple hours. I'll look funny, but I really don't care
2007-07-23 10:39 AM
in reply to: #896855

User image

Expert
Flower Mound, TX

phoenixrising404 - 2007-07-23 10:16 AM I figure I should try for a total of 150 miles this week. Does that sound reasonable?

Ken is right about riding in a group. I've never done a MS150, but I've done a bunch of rallies, and they always help me ride stronger and I don't even draft. It's just really nice to have other riders around, many of whom you'll be faster than and will pass! Plus, as Ken said, you can always "sit in" (i.e., draft) to rest. Just be safe and stay out of the aero-bars if you draft. If you haven't drafted before, you'll be shocked at how much easier it is!

Pene, Despite not commenting on them, I have been reading your logs, and you've really been making some great progress on the bike recently. Your 66 miles on Saturday is awesome, and breaks are fine b/c you'll definitely have opportunities to take breaks at the rest stops during MS150!

One suggestion: I know it will be tough (and maybe impossible) logistically, but try to somehow get in a longish (40-60 miles) outside. This week, I would rather see you do 100 miles as 20 indoor,20 indoor, and 60 outside, than 150 inside. However, I know your situation, so just do what you can. You'll do great and have blast at MS150 regardless.

Also, I'm happy that your legs were not sore yesterday from you big day on Sat. This means that you're getting very fit, but don't take it as a license to overtrain.

You're doing great, Pene.

BTW, as Ken mentioned, we all had a good time at our Brick/TDF Viewing party on Saturday. I think the event was a success, but we have some things to work on for next year as highlighted by this post by texmom:

----------

"I have to say, I am DEFINITELY planning on doing that race again. The race directors were extremely organized with plenty of aide stations on the ride and run. I was a bit surprised that there weren't more people on the route to cheer us on and a port of potty would have been nice. However, the food did more than make up for the absence of the facilities. Since I had to leave a bit early, I missed the award ceremony but I think I surely deserve one for working the hardest on the first 30 mile loop to keep up with the guys. Somehow I missed the schwag bags, does anyone know where we pick up our T-shirt for this event?

Thanks David and Sarah, when is your next event?"

----------------

-David

Edited by dgillen 2007-07-23 10:41 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » David Gillen's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 36