BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-03-22 3:17 PM
in reply to: #3408617

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
Come hang out in my classroom, they won't shut up!

2011-03-22 6:09 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

I have been kinda quiet...dunno why??  I guess all the family stuff is taking the evening and then maybe trying to fit some fitness stuff in has me going to bed early to get up at 4:45 ish...I'm a morning person now ya know!

So, I've been thinking about a few things. First, the finis forearm fulcrum as a training aid...anyone have experience with this?  I've heard good things from a person at work - but dunno.  They only cost abt $20 so what the heck huh.  Second, I need to get my bike tuned up a bit for the season....I could do it, but I may just take it to the pros and have them disassemble and lube everything.  I also think I may add aero bars on my roadie, but would need redo the setup???  Still can't decide whether I should do this or not?  The final cost would probably be around 400 with fitting, bars and seatpost.  Dunno - i'm on the fence.  My bike is pretty basic and I will want to replace it in the near future.  If this Tri bug continues I see a Tri-bike in my future.

So, I jumped on the scale today and it read 220.2!!!!!!!!  Damn...so close to 21X....I haven't been in the teens since.....maybe highschool - freshman year?  Anyhow that is 10 lbs down from Feb 1st.  I'll take it.  I'm still gunna work very hard at hitting 190 before the MMM june Tri.  I think I can do it!!!!  if that happens it'd be almost 110 lbs.!!!  That would be so awesome...I love the idea of it so much that it's very motivating!  Sadly, I may have to get a tummy tuck or something to get rid off the hanging skin...that is so FU$@#%*%@#%@ING gross!  I can't believe I just told you guys that!  o'well, truth.

So, there is the news from Zionsville, IN!!!  When are we gunna order the tshirts??? can we??

2011-03-22 7:31 PM

User image

Veteran

Awesome news on the weight being so close to 21X Wilson - keep it up!

Alright- here are some snapshots from the competition (not on-stage) - just random shots taken by a friend...

My favorite one...

2011-03-22 8:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
Wow! Awesome pics, Marsha!
2011-03-22 8:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

I'm reading the posts backwards so 

Wilson, awesome job on the weight loss! 

Turtle, your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I heard San Fran is one of the nicest places to visit. 

Tammy, it has thawed out here. Now it just been raining and raining and raining! I live right next to a river and it's looking a bit high. Hopefully the rain eases up a bit so it can go down a bit. 

I finally worked out today after four days of nothing. I don't know if it felt good while I was doing it, but I do feel better now. 

2011-03-22 8:24 PM
in reply to: #3409465

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Marsha, you look awesome!!!!!  Amazing - you will have everyone turning their head when you walk by in a Tri suit....or maybe a string bikini to show that off!!!!  haha...great job!

2011-03-22 8:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Well Wilson, maybe all their lookin will give me a head start! LOL!
2011-03-22 8:43 PM
in reply to: #3409564

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

PTWykes - 2011-03-22 9:31 PM Well Wilson, maybe all their lookin will give me a head start! LOL!

haha...LMAO...you may be the pace setter - who'd wanna pass!! haha.  I had a 5k experience like that before....I know, men...PIGS!  I did have the courage to pass her when she slowed down...but until that point I was holding a very nice pace!  haha.

2011-03-22 8:44 PM
in reply to: #3409564

User image

Extreme Veteran
Marsha, you really should race in your posing suit - not only would you get a head start, but the guys will be falling off their bikes when they get chicked! Nice job, you look fabulous!
2011-03-23 6:27 AM
in reply to: #3409592

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Yessirree bob, the MMMers are rockin' it all over the place!!!  Wilson, I have no doubt you will be in the 2-teens before you know it!!  Awesome!!  And Marsha, wow, just WOW!  You must hate to put clothes on... you should just be walking around naked all the time for the world to admire!

So yes, T-shirts.... please post what size and how many you want either here or PM or inspire me... I will PM you my address so you can send me a check... I'll need your addresses too so I can mail it to you unless you just want me to bring yours to Indy if you are coming.  I think right now we have 9, but I will make sure that all the MMMers know they are available because I don't think everyone checks over here regularly.  They aren't cheap, and with postage should still come in under $35...  let's say that checks need to be to me by... April 15??  Tax day and Tshirt day!

Here's the link to the final design:

MMM T-shirt

Oh, this is a TECH shirt... not just your run of the mill cotton Tshirt!!

Edited by hildekq 2011-03-23 6:37 AM
2011-03-23 7:51 AM

User image

Veteran

Holy Goodness Marsha!! As a WOMAN I would STILL fall off my bike taking a gander at that!! WOW Even when I was super lean for me (14% bodyfat) I could only imagine getting my muscles to look like that! Great Job!

Jordan.....With spring officially here I am kinda hoping for some rain here in Texas. It was a pretty dry winter despite snow a couple times. If we don't get rain soon the summer will be BROWN.

Wilson my friend - You ARE freakin AWESOME!! If you want to shock those last few pounds into shedding you may need to SHOCK your body and change your food intake a bit...just a thought. Oh, and I had a tummy tuck about 10 years ago - no shame there. I know quite a few people who had it done as a result of serious weight loss. It's AMAZING what it does to your self esteem not to carry the extra baggage around!!

Hilde - Two shirts for me please....a large and a medium     Thanks for your hard work on the tshirts!!

2011-03-23 9:10 AM

User image

Veteran

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Hilde- thanks for coordinating the shirts. Although I can't come to Indy, I still want one Put me in for a small. I'll PM you my info.

Had a great training day today...details in my log but I got in a swim, a strength class, and a run

2011-03-23 8:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Hilde, put me in for one XL - super sexy shirt!!!  I can wait till our Tri date, no problem there...then you won't have to fuss with shipping and stuff.  After you get them all ordered and finalized let us know the total - just in case something changes a bit in the ordering process.  I'll whip a check out to you - or - if you have paypal I can do that too.  

Great effort on putting together the design and coordination.....Awesome job, thanks so much!

This group really does kick A$$!!!!

2011-03-24 12:13 PM

User image

Veteran

So, here's a question for everyone....

With all the distractions of life: kids, spouse, junk food joint on EVERY corner, candy in the checkout line etc....How does one stay focused on eating mostly "healthy" or "clean"?

I tell ya, when my husband is gone on deployment, gone to school or otherwise out of the house for more than a week at a time - I am WONDERFUL at sticking to my clean eating regiment of egg whites, ground turkey, salads and the like. However, when he is home (he is a JUNK FOOD JUNKIE!) it is soooo difficult to cook for the 6 of them, look in the pantry and see all the GARBAGE bought for everyone else in the house and STAY focused.

Of course, I've tried to NOT buy the junk but then he says just because I "deprive" myself of the yummy, preservative laden CRAP that I should not punish and torture them by doing the same for them. Weight for him is not an issue either! He can bounce up to 205 and back down to 185 in the blink of an eye whilst I struggle to MAINTAIN my weight at 140-145.

Any tips, suggestions and guidance would be MOST appreciated!!

On a FUNNY note...who would have thought that on MY training chart...there would be MORE swim and bike time than running time?!! What's the world coming to?!! LOL 

2011-03-24 4:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Tammy, I wish I had the answer to eating healthy all the time.  I'm really focused on healthy eating during the day, but often like to snack at night.  I haven't bought anything sweet for several weeks and have been trying to limit my snacks to yogurt and fruit.  Its been working pretty well for me.  (Darn those folks that don't have to watch what they eat!)
2011-03-24 5:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

If I could eat clean all the time I wouldn't be trying to lose weight! It is definitely tough, especially when you have so many influences trying to get you to eat the junk food. My bf is also a junk food-aholic. He thinks pizza is a food group! I guess over time I have just gotten use to all the food noise. I also record everything on sparkpeople.com. It's a free site so I know if I do eat a candy bar or chips I know how many cals I have left for the day. 

I guess just do the best that you can as often as you can and hopefully you come out on top. That's what I try to do anyway.

2011-03-24 7:14 PM
in reply to: #3413064

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Tammy, I think you should just give up trying to eat clean, for the sake of your kids, I mean really!  You should eat as much junk food as you can and blimp up... it'll improve your swimming, all that extra buoyancy!!  And it will probably slow down your run, so that I can beat you!!!  So eat up those chips, girlfriend!!
2011-03-24 7:19 PM

User image

Veteran

It's HARD! My hubby is a junk food-a-holic as well and of course, with the kids here, there is "kid food" a plenty! I try to remind myself that although it may taste good, it is NOT good. It is full of preservatives and crap that is bad for me...my body deserves better...if I want it (my body) to work for me (both now and in the decades to come) I need to fuel it optimally. You put the right kind of gas in your car right? You put the right kind of fertilizer on your grass and on your flowers. WHY would you decide to NOT fuel your body right?

Now, does this always work...NOPE! (The girls scout thin mints won out today!) But MOST of the time I can make a wiser choice if I think of it that way. I have also learned to ask myself if I am REALLY hungry or if I'm just bored, frustrated, upset, what...I tend to be an emotional eater.

Another thing I do is I prep food every Sunday - lunches and snacks so that I can grab a correct choice just as fast and conveniently as a wrong (pre-packaged crap!) choice. Yes, it sucks on Sunday when I'm doing all the food prep (boil/peel and bag eggs, peel and slice grapefruit, cook chicken breasts and pre-portion into 4 ounce baggies, steam broccoli and asparagus and pre-package in single servings, make hummus to use with veggies or crackers for dipping, etc.) The whole bottom shelf of my fridge is full of pre-prepped foods for the week.

I UNFORTUNATELY has an UN-planned day off today. Rya was home sick which meant so was I...bummer!

2011-03-24 7:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI
The planning on Sunday really works for me as well. I'll make two or three meals on Sunday and freeze the servings. Then I have lunch and dinner. I don't mind eating the same thing every day. And it will last me about two weeks since I'm the only one eating it.
2011-03-24 7:33 PM
in reply to: #3413159

User image

Veteran
Racine, WI

hildekq - 2011-03-24 7:14 PM Tammy, I think you should just give up trying to eat clean, for the sake of your kids, I mean really!  You should eat as much junk food as you can and blimp up... it'll improve your swimming, all that extra buoyancy!!  And it will probably slow down your run, so that I can beat you!!!  So eat up those chips, girlfriend!!

Hilde, 

You are such a good friend, lol! 

2011-03-24 8:44 PM
in reply to: #3413174

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
All of you keep eating up!!!!  junk food is so good!!!  I only crave bad food when it's my time of the month...LMAO.....I will continue with my organic diet of cocaine and twinkies!!!!  That diet seems to be working real well....I will be 200lbs by the time you guys see me...I registered for the June Tri today and didn't check the the clydesdale division....so that means I gotta be under 200!!!  I will!!!!!!  So beware....I'm gunna be lighter and faster!!!!!  Marsha, you gotta figure out a way to come!!!!

2011-03-24 8:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

I say eat up!!!!!

2011-03-24 9:49 PM

User image

Veteran

Wilson...Dude you just ain't right!! LMAO!!

Marsha....GREAT advice. I actually have a friend of mine who spends the entire day on Saturday doing the same thing you described. It makes total sense because of the convenience factor. So many times when I am hungry I am looking for the most convenient food AND what is good for me - at least to some degree. I guess now that the season is officially upon us I'll need to go ahead and block out some time and get it done.

Hilde my dear.....IN YOUR DREAMS!! LOL I was just telling Kristi about you tonight. I told her what a BEAST you are on the bike and in the water and I'll be DAMNED if I let you beat me in the run too!! I saw a girl in the pool tonight just floating along like she hadn't a care in the world and I was cursing her in my head for all her 'floatiness'!!

Jordan...I can't say that weight is a problem per se, at least when I am NOT pregnant, but it is something that is ALWAYS on my mind. In high school when they called a girl "thick" it meant she was FAT and that's what they called me THICK. In our society today, "thick" has a whole different meaning but it's hard to get those negative thoughts out of ones' head. The song that comes to mind goes something like this....she's a BRICK HOUSE..she's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out...." that's how I am built kind of..like a brick house!! LOL

Janet...I LOVE yogurt w/fruit and granola!! One of my staples actually. I try to steer clear of strawberries though b/c they spike my sugar then drop me flat on my face but GOSH they taste so yummy! I too am pretty good all day because I am ALONE...it's when dinner time rolls around and I am cooking for the family then sit down to eat my WONDERFUL salad and my husband is rolling his eyes b/c it's the 3rd night in a row that I am eating salad for dinner! LOL I guess we all have our little crosses to bear eh? 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions......and beautiful pictures!!

Edited by TTucker 2011-03-24 9:54 PM
2011-03-25 6:10 PM

User image

Expert

Fly-by hi, everyone-- sorry I've been lax on updating my logs this week: I'm actually at a conference until Sunday, so don't get oodles of time to check email. The insomnia continueth, too, which sucketh. But I've managed to keep training so far, so that's better than not!

Still dunno if I'll be at Indy or in Europe in June this year, but put me down for a M t-shirt, Hilde! I'll PM you my address, and THANK YOU for putting this all together!

In the meantime, I must once again assert that MMMers ROCK! Marsha, you're AWESOME! Wilson and Jordie, you're ROCKING the slim-downs! Tammy, I do my best to keep crap out of the house-- I love yogurt, fruit, and oats for breakfast, and like Marsha and Jordie I do a lot of pre-cooking for the week on Sundays. (LOVE my little slow cooker for that, too!) I try to avoid prepackaged foods and would rather make my own take-to-work meals because at least I know what's gone into them, and how much there is. But it does take some doing, I agree!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2011-03-25 6:13 PM

User image

Expert

Oh, and Wilson-- one of the latest articles on BT is about adding aerobars to one's roadie:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=2229

I added some to mine back in the fall, and have LOVED them on the trainer. Can't wait to get the bike outside and try them on the road, too!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70