BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Allison and Ryan's Beginner Mentor Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 29

2011-08-31 5:36 AM
in reply to: #3276373

User image

Coastal Carolina
Subject: RE: Allison and Ryan's Beginner Mentor Group - FULL
Thanks Ryan, how'd your races go? The Past couple of weeks have definitely been HTFU and get the training in but I feel fairly good about the tri upcoming. Although my running hasn't improved as much as I had hoped I decided to re-evaluate my goals to be a bit realistic, had planned for a time around 2:45... But back in January my plan had been just to finish, so taking that into account my goal is to finish under 3 hours with a plan to still strive for sub 2:50 I don't want to finish the season with not hitting a goal time. Got a run and bike in yesterday and am getting more comfortable on the clip on aero bars, swim tonight 2350 yards Yay Peak weeks!Sounds like you are definitely back in the grove of things wushnut nice pacing.

Edited by Tripopo 2011-08-31 5:38 AM

2011-09-01 2:35 PM

Extreme Veteran

Good luck on your race Tripopo.  Make sure you taper!

Swim yesterday evening was kind of rough as I didn't get a full nights sleep the previous night.  I thought I was going to fall asleep in the pool! Haha.

4mile run today.  Not too bad but was able to confirm that it's definitely easier to run on the treadmill (maybe not mentally).  Still, not too far off my treadmill pace but I definitely wasn't feeling as fresh after the run.

2011-09-04 9:23 PM

Veteran
Indiana
2011-09-13 12:34 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina
Getting ready for my race, I don't feel as confident as I did for the sprint but that might help me out since I think I pushed too hard for too long on the bike and didn't leave enough for run. Cold front coming through on Friday so mid 60s are expected @ race hopefully the water is still warm. Hope everyone's training is going well
2011-09-13 3:29 PM

User image

Regular
Davenport, Iowa

Nice race report Alath.  Sounds a bit brutal with a hot and hilly run and extra long bike ride.

Good Luck Tripopo on your race.  Sounds perfect with cooler air, but still warm water.

I have switched out of tri mode and into just running which makes me sad.  I was busy all summer and moved so I just ran.  I found a pool and I hope to join soon.  Then I need  to fix the flat on my bike.  It has been flat since my tri at the end of June. Then I will be good to go again.  I hope to do quite a few races next spring  and fall. Although I think I plan to have summer be my rest season.  I just can't deal with the heat. 

I realized I haven't been on this forum for a long time.  I actually had to look up my username and password. 

I ran a 5k this past weekend, but the heat and humidity still make me nauseous. Training has been on survival mode for the summer.  High on Friday is 63.  So excited.

2011-09-18 5:36 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina
Will be doing race report later but 1.5k swim, 45k bike, 10k run I was able to do it in 3:10:40 and am in pain... I left it all out there.

2011-09-18 5:43 PM
in reply to: #3691284

User image

Regular
Davenport, Iowa
Great job!!!
2011-09-19 3:15 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Allison and Ryan's Beginner Mentor Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 29