BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Shrano's Tri Group - FULL / CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2009-01-24 12:47 AM
in reply to: #1925790

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
Subject: RE: Shrano's Tri Group - FULL / CLOSED
natalie - i realize you bike commute, so that prob contributes to your issues.  for a road bike tho do you use aerobars?  have you tried them, to see if that position is more comfortable and less pressure on the scapula?  much as you don't want to hear it and don't want to give up the bike commute for various reasons, you may want to lay off it for a while and focus on the PT to strengthen that part of your body.  you may be working against it to heal in a reasonable amt of time (i.e. may be threatening your limb...)...  just sayin...i could be wrong i don't know.  something to think about...

2009-01-26 6:08 PM
in reply to: #1874202

Hi all...I have  been MIA lately, my grandma (85 y.o) was hosptalized and then passed away.  I have had almost 2 weeks off.  UGH.  I got up this morning and got to the pool and will do the same the rest of this week.  Then this weekend get out for a run.  The evenings will just be bike trainer.

2009-01-26 11:38 PM
in reply to: #1930273

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
Runnergirl13 - 2009-01-26 4:08 PM

Hi all...I have  been MIA lately, my grandma (85 y.o) was hosptalized and then passed away.  I have had almost 2 weeks off.  UGH.  I got up this morning and got to the pool and will do the same the rest of this week.  Then this weekend get out for a run.  The evenings will just be bike trainer.

i'm sorry to hear about your grandma.    working out definitely helps you get thru the tough times like this.  it's a nice distraction.  glad to hear you went to the pool and have a plan for the days ahead!

i have been looking to inspire you on your log, but you don't have the workout log function set up.  do you know how to do that?  do you need me to walk you thru the process?  it's a great way to track progress and allow the rest of us to leave you little messages. 

2009-01-27 8:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

Runnergirl13 - sorry to hear about your grandma....

So, I'm new to using a bike trainer.  My friend is loaning me his, since during my bike fitting last friday, the technician said that my pedal stroke is very inefficient and my posture needs help.  Is it me, or is the trainer really, really boring??  Even with the TV on I was counting minutes.

So, I think we need to start up some dialogue here....  Why don't we all post what our favorite gear is for each sport?  Maybe we could get some new ideas of things to try...

Here's my list:

Swim - Speedo Endurance suits.  These aren't the cheapest suits, but they LAST.  My current record is swimming 2x a week in one suit for 1.75 years.  I ended up retiring it because I lost enough weight where it was causing drag and I got bored of the design.  Its still in great shape - I just wanted a change.

Run - Wright brand double layer socks.  My feet are very picky (2 surgeries and 1 broken metatarsal) and get blisters easily.  I LOVE these socks.  Lightweight and comfy, and I NEVER get a blister with them.

Bike - still new to biking, but I'm loving my brand new 2008 Cervelo P2SL.

Who's next?

2009-01-27 11:58 PM
in reply to: #1931138

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
erin_trail - 2009-01-27 6:48 AM

Runnergirl13 - sorry to hear about your grandma....

So, I'm new to using a bike trainer.  My friend is loaning me his, since during my bike fitting last friday, the technician said that my pedal stroke is very inefficient and my posture needs help.  Is it me, or is the trainer really, really boring??  Even with the TV on I was counting minutes.

So, I think we need to start up some dialogue here....  Why don't we all post what our favorite gear is for each sport?  Maybe we could get some new ideas of things to try...

Here's my list:

Swim - Speedo Endurance suits.  These aren't the cheapest suits, but they LAST.  My current record is swimming 2x a week in one suit for 1.75 years.  I ended up retiring it because I lost enough weight where it was causing drag and I got bored of the design.  Its still in great shape - I just wanted a change.

Run - Wright brand double layer socks.  My feet are very picky (2 surgeries and 1 broken metatarsal) and get blisters easily.  I LOVE these socks.  Lightweight and comfy, and I NEVER get a blister with them.

Bike - still new to biking, but I'm loving my brand new 2008 Cervelo P2SL.

Who's next?

my turn!

SWIM: As a lifelong swimmer, it is actually sacrilegious that I prefer using the Aqua Sphere swim mask as my choice of goggles, but i don't care.   Regular goggles always bother the bridge of my nose.  I just purchased the smaller seal mask and they're great - so comfy!  I, too, use the Speedo endurance suits.  I haven't kept track, but they last a very long time.  And leftover latex caps from races.  Sprinkle a little baby powder in them and they won't stick and will last a little longer.  Also to keep goggles from fogging, wash w baby shampoo.

BIKE: I have a Kurt Kinetic bike trainer.  It's really been great for me.  I read and watch tv when I use the trainer tho not at the same time per se.  I have done a couple of Spinervals workouts.  To make the time go by, I enjoy watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which you can find on DVD (seasons 1 and 2) and hulu.com (seasons 3 and 4).  I also do some one legged drills - one min w the left leg clipped in and the right balanced on the back of the trainer.  then recover w both for a min, then switch legs.  i'll do that for like 10 min or so.  it is quite boring for sure, i don't usually do more than an hour.  tomorrow morning i may do 90 min.

RUN: um...an ipod.    seriously tho, it's not a necessity for me - i actually enjoying running w/out tunes now and then and since you can't use it on race day, its is good to practice w/o it sometimes.  i like running w a visor.  i recently started running in skirts and really like them.  in the cooler weather, i like running in capri length pants.  i like thorlo socks but don't run in them exclusively. 

if you find that you are blistering or chafing anywhere, get yourself some body glide.  it is crucial and necessary for using a wetsuit if you haven't already been told by someone. 

who's up next?

2009-01-28 9:01 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

Sharon - your post reminded me that I was advised by the bike fitting guy to do one-legged drills on the trainer.  I completely forgot that assignment.

My legs are soooore from running yesterday.  I need to get my booty into yoga Thurs AM to help stretch things out.

2009-01-28 4:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

hey just an update on our group.  I'm not sure if any of you are currently lurking and not posting/participating in the forum (and that's cool) but a few of you are not logging any workouts either, so I want to find out either what's up and/or if I get no response, possibly re-open the group for others to join.  You will be listed as one of the following:

Active - you are currently logging workouts on your training blog and post here on our forum

Semi-Active - you are occasionally posting here and/or occasionally logging workouts.

MIA - You signed up to join the group but you haven't logged anything anywhere.

If you are MIA and I don't see any response from you, I'll assume you have decided not to stay in the group and that is ok.  I probably won't hear from you anyway.   If you are Active, YAY KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!  If you are Semi Active, YAY Keep up the great work you started and set out to do.  Stop by more often for inspiration!!

Here's where we are as of Wed 28 Jan 09:

erin_trail / Erin - Active

lortciger / Lisa - Active

Bxrgrl / Natalie - Active

Runnergirl13 / Michelle - MIA moving towards Active

maggieweir / Maggie - Semi-Active (no postings since the 13th)

Bigcog / Terry - Semi-Active (4 postings this month)

Rjastrow - MIA - never learned your name

Amy35 / Amy - MIA

Essinaj / Janisse - MIA

Ichibon11 / Sarah - MIA

-sharon

2009-01-29 12:51 PM

Hi all - I am here.  I did 1 hour on the trainer last night - boring.  I listen to music and DVDs. 

I played with the settings for the training log. Hopefully, ya'll can see it.  I will readily admit that I am not good at logging it online.  I keep paper records. 

Favorite Products

Swim - speedo goggles.  I am in desperate need of swimsuits...but these have lasted almost 2 years

Bike - I love my bike. It is a Giant OCRW3.  It is fabulous.  Although I really wish I would have just gotten the Tri bike.  I will survive.

Run - my tri club sun visor,  enell sports bra, Mizuno running shoes.

I love this sport!

2009-02-01 6:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

hi everyone!  happy superbowl sunday. 

i guess we officiall y have a small group - that's ok!

how is everyone doing?  how's your training going?  any issues you want to address?  i just came back from a swim and it is another lovely day in SoCal.  i won't complain. 

2009-02-02 9:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

I got new running shoes on Saturday!  New Balance 769s.  They're different from the previous models in the line (my last ones were 767s) - they've got some new layers in the sole.  They're also VERY white and ORANGE.   Eeps.  I need to get out on them and scuff them up a bit, so they're not so bright.

I'm thinking about getting a tri coach... I don't know, I keep going back and forth.  My gym (where my Masters club is at) is starting up a tri program.  The coach has completed 26 Half and 11 full IM's and has been coaching several years.  We'll get 3 (for now) coached group workouts.  And a specialized workout program - swim, run, bike and weights. 

I think my issue is the cost... Its $300 for 4 weeks.  I just can't wrap my head around what that will give me, compared to what I have through BT.com, my Masters team, and my local tri club (weekly track workouts, weekly bricks, weekly swims - all free with my $25/year membership).

The other thing is that she's not good about giving concrete answers.  I'm an engineer and *need* details and a plan.  In the meeting on Saturday, all I got was generalisims (I will contact you daily, my workouts will kick your butt, you will not overtrain or get injured).

I definitely see the benefit, because I do feel I need to train smarter.  I just have a hard time plunking down $300 and trusting that she will deliver.  Good part is that my club is very member-service oriented, so if I had issues, I think I could get some of my money back.

I may sign up and try it for a month, just to see.  I don't see me doing it long-term, though.

Any thoughts, advice, or experiences?

Edited by erin_trail 2009-02-02 9:54 AM
2009-02-04 12:05 AM
in reply to: #1941014

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

hi erin!

i don't have personal experience w my own tri coach but i do have some thoughts to share on the subject.

$300 for 4 weeks does seem a little high IMO.  The coach that I'm working w thru TNT right now I spoke with a number of months prior to signing up w TNT as I was thinking of hiring him to coach me thru my first IM.  I believe his fee was something like $120 or $150/mo which included a detailed plan for me, usually some group workouts and contact via email and phone.

I think you should consider looking around some more if you can.   i understand what you mean w regards to getting some $ back, but i wouldn't jump into it straight away right now.  the coach will always be there.   you want to find someone that you like and trust and have a rapport with.  if this person isn't giving you concrete answers/details and you know that you want a distinct plan, YOU are PAYING HER - you have every right to get one.  if she doesn't give you one, then find someone that is willing to take your money to give you a structured plan for yourself - know what i mean?  you want a coach that will work with you and adjust your plan as needed.  

does that help?  personally, i went with TNT cos i wanted to do TNT again and get the group / team enviornment.  i could have just hired a coach and gone to some of his group workouts and some of my tri club workouts but i know myself and felt TNT would be the better route - FOR ME.

good luck and let me know what you decide to ultimately do.

2009-02-04 9:15 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

Sharon - I ended up deciding not to sign up for the program.  I was going to do a consultation with her Monday night after my pilates class, so we could discuss specifics.  But then she interrupted my pilates class (!!) to say she had to cancel because she had a sick baby.  I would be ok with that, except for the fact that she made her 2 previous appts.  And re-scheduling was going to be a nightmare, because my schedule is crazy.

Another irritating feature was that she was going to use a lot of established programs (Masters, spin class at the bike store on their trainers).  The bike store deal is already in existance and costs $10/class to anyone.  I asked what made her involvement different from the existing class, and she said that it was because she would be there.  And 2 of the coached workouts would be on Saturday.  One at 7:30 - 10 (or something like that), then swimming at 11:30 - ?  We asked about the break, and she said that it was so we could recover.  After thinking on it for a few days, the break is there because she has to teach a spin class from 10-11. 

It just came down to it not being a good fit.  Communication style and schedule.  So, I think I'll just be more active with my local tri club (like doing the track workouts on Wed) and see how I do with that.

That being said, I completely forgot about the track workout when I packed my bag last night, so I won't be going to that tonight.  I will be spending quality time on the bike trainer, instead.

And Sharon - thanks for the comments on my log.  I'm still in the middle of my competitve swim season, so I've got to keep the swimming as it is.  I've got a meet Feb 21 and March 7.  After that, I'm done with meets until maybe July (Regionals) so I can adjust my schedule a bit more.

2009-02-06 4:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

Wow, we are a quiet group!

I have a revised training schedule, thanks to a good friend of mine.  She's recommending that every 4th week is used as a recovery week, where I only do 1/2 of my usual workouts.  Brilliant!  I got really really fried last fall after doing my crazy training for 3 months straight (only took a week off due to Hurricane Ike).  I was not looking forward to keeping that schedule for 6-8 months.  But with a recovery week... it all seems doable now!

I also did a longer run today at the park.  4.4 miles with some hills.  Well, hills for Houston anyways.  It was a bit too hot (ugh... its only February... not looking foward to summer) so I resorted to walking the hills on the back end.  But hey, at least I was out there. 

Tomorrow I'm doing my first group ride - 25 miles.  Should be interesting....

How's everyone else doing???

Edited by erin_trail 2009-02-06 4:46 PM
2009-02-09 11:57 PM
in reply to: #1949907

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

we have been quiet.  where did everyone go???

erin - good advice from your friend.  you NEED the recovery week so that's great that you're building it in now.  i could never figure out how to make my own plan, i always need to have one pre-made for me. 

congrats on your run, too!!  how was your 25 mile ride??

2009-02-10 9:28 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

My bike ride was fun.... but just ok.  The LTB website had the wrong day for the group ride (said Saturday when it was really Sunday).  There's a park that I know well right by the LTB, so my friend and I just decided to ride there.  It actually worked out better, since this was her first time on this bike (she got a used one for Christmas).  Poor thing didn't even know how to shift.  At first, I thought "damn, she's hard core, getting a fixed gear bike for her FIRST road bike."  But then after we stopped for a bit (full disclosure: we stopped because I couldn't downshift fast enough up a switchback uphill turn and I crashed... someday, I will go on a ride and NOT crash ) I was looking at her bike and she's got at least a 27 speed... she just was used to her hybrid not a road bike.  But her shifters were still jacked up - they stayed in super easy gear the whole time.  So we didn't go very fast (12-15 mph), but we did get 20 miles in.  And had fun, which was the most important part.  Once she gets her shifters fixed, we should be doing much better.

Sharon - how's your training going?

2009-02-23 3:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

hey hey hey!

sorry that I have been MIA for the last 2 weeks or so.  I was away for the past few days snowboarding up at mammoth, ca and didn't do any form of swim/bike/run at all.  prior to that, i have been training but a little burnt out mentally.  feeling better about things right now.  i know i have a lot more ahead of me.

other than me being MIA, where has everyone else been?  I've left inspires around for the few of you that have been working out.  what's going on?  i'm about to go check out everyone's logs - i hope to see colorful boxes throughout the month and not a lot of emptiness.

the weather should start to warm up soon in the next couple of weeks which means more time outside training.  yay!

2009-02-24 8:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

Ohhh.... snowboarding counts as cross training!  I'm jealous!

Last week was my scheduled recovery week - which was nice b/c I had a lot of things that would have interfered with training.

Saturday was a swim meet (fun relay meet!) and Sunday was my first group road ride.  Just 20 miles, but it was COLD.  I totally layered things wrong (wore my leggings under my bike shorts... not a good thing), but otherwise, it was fun!  I think next time I'll try a 40 mile ride.

This week is right back at it... mostly.  My shoulders are unhappy (doctor said it was tendonitis and I get to take 600 mg of NSAID 2x a day) and on Monday my foot started hurting.  Last time my foot randomly started hurting it turned out it was broken.   I had to fly to Dallas for a day trip - got back early enough for a workout, but all things considered, I thought it was best to veg on the couch.  Foot and shoulders are feeling better - so fingers crossed!

2009-02-24 11:59 PM
in reply to: #1980351

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA
erin_trail - 2009-02-24 6:25 PM

Ohhh.... snowboarding counts as cross training!  I'm jealous!

Last week was my scheduled recovery week - which was nice b/c I had a lot of things that would have interfered with training.

Saturday was a swim meet (fun relay meet!) and Sunday was my first group road ride.  Just 20 miles, but it was COLD.  I totally layered things wrong (wore my leggings under my bike shorts... not a good thing), but otherwise, it was fun!  I think next time I'll try a 40 mile ride.

This week is right back at it... mostly.  My shoulders are unhappy (doctor said it was tendonitis and I get to take 600 mg of NSAID 2x a day) and on Monday my foot started hurting.  Last time my foot randomly started hurting it turned out it was broken.   I had to fly to Dallas for a day trip - got back early enough for a workout, but all things considered, I thought it was best to veg on the couch.  Foot and shoulders are feeling better - so fingers crossed!

i'm in dallas right now for a work day trip.  well, a quick overnight trip.  i'm here like 18 hours.  it is midnight and i have to give a presentation at 8am.  uh oh. 

i hope your foot isn't broken!! and take it easy on that shoulder - tendonitis is not a good thing.  i had it in my hamstring once.  ugh.  take care of yourself and rest if your body is telling you to rest.

2009-02-25 8:57 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

Awww - Sharon we were both in Dallas at the same time!  Mine was a quickie trip - landed at 8:30 AM went back at 4 PM.

I am the "queen of tendonitis" - I think this is oh, the 4th time I've had it (each time in a new location.... biceps tendon in my shoulders, IT Band from hip to knee, hands, and now a new part of my shoulder!).  Shoulders are ok-ish.  I was really worried about bone spurs or something because I had things catching in my shoulders.  But the xrays were clear... so we'll see.  Foot is doing better-ish as well.  But yeah, I'm not going to over-do it.

2009-03-02 9:13 AM

Burlington

Hello Everyone,  

Sorry about being gone for so long.  After getting hurt I was kind off down for a while and now with 57 days to go before my first race I am on the comeback trail.  I actually think getting hurt was a good thing it made me slow down (stop) and I actually feel stronger now.  I know that I posted this in my training log but I had to share this with everyone.  I have NEVER done this much running at one time let alone a mile, so pat on the back for me!  

I walked three laps and then started running.  I ran 1/4 mile!  Walked two, ran 1/4 mile!, walked two, ran 1/4 mile!, walked two, RAN ONE MILE!  and I could have kept going but I decided not to push it so I started walking only to feel myself go back into a run so I did another 1/4 mile and then did my cool down.  I am a very slow runner but I beat my time by 5 minutes which impressed me.  I feel great, I don't know if I had a runner's high but I had no problems breathing and my pace was steady.  I found that if I don't look too far ahead of myself I was/am fine.  I loved listening to my play list today so I am going to post it.

Coconut by Harry Nilsson

Dancing Queen by Meryl Streep, Julie Waters, and Christine Baranski from the Motion Picture Mama Mia

Barracuda (Live) by Heart

Mama Mia by Meryl Streep from the Motion Picture Mama Mia

Notorious by Loverboy

Sinnerman by Nina Simone from the Motion Picture The Thomas Crowne Affair (New One)

Lust For Life by Iggy Pop

Hot Child in the City by Nick Glider and Time Machine

I Run For Life by Melissa Etheridge

You Gotta Be by Des'ree

Does Your Mother Know by Christine Baranski and Philip Michael from the Motion Picture Mama Mia

Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti from the Motion Picture Rocky

I listened to some of the songs more than once but I didn't care - they kept me going.

Everyone have a great day and I am planning on being in the forum a lot more.  Thanks to everyone who made suggestions on my injury.

Edited by lortciger 2009-03-02 9:14 AM
2009-03-03 3:48 PM

Burlington
I just bought Terry Laughlin's book Total Immersion.  Has anyone tried this book and how did it work for you?  Were you able to do it by yourself or did you have a swim partner?

2009-03-03 4:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

great job lisa!  glad to see you back on here.  seems our group is a small one - you, me and erin.  but that's ok!  we're all at different points in our tri life and training and can share in these milestones together!  that's really awesome that you felt so good on your run/walk.  and the fact that you are listening to your body to not push yourself when your brain says go is very smart.  YAY!

i have never done TI, but I have read about it.  Swimming for triathlon is very different from what we learned growing up (and what I did on swim team in the 80s).  So i had to relearn to swim and it is essentially what Terry's book teaches.  Rotation is important, streamlined body and the two beat kick.  I personally can't do the 2 beat kick properly, so i just wing it and that works for me.

good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress, if you like it, what your thoughts are etc.  you may want to search the forums as I'm sure there have been discussions on the topic, including the workshops.

2009-03-04 8:59 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver area

We are a small - but DETERMINED group!!!  Lisa - sounds like you had a really good run!  Great job!

My old swim coach was very much into TI.  I found that it really helped me with technique - but did nothing for my speed.  The speed thing is probably attributed towards his coaching style, but still.  TI is great for distance, though.  I just need to work on my speed since I'm insane and enter swim meets with sprint-distance events.  I swim using a 6 beat kick (instead of 2) and it works really well.  It just takes a lot of time and a LOT of self-awareness.  My old coach has some very helpful articles on his website - you may find them easier to follow than the TI book.  http://www.h2oustonswims.org/articles.html

I'm bummed.... this morning I had myself convinced that next week was my recovery week.  I checked my training log... and sadly I have 1 more full week (next week) before recovery  

So, Sharon, I have a question for you.  I'm actually thinking about doing the 1/4 IM distance for my first race of the season (April 5th).  I did a sprint last October and had no issues at all, and in fact thought I could crank out an Oly no problem.

The 1/4 IM is a flat course.  Swim is ~900 m in Galveston Bay.  Bike is 28 miles along the Gulf.  Run is 6.5 miles.

Swimming is no problem (duh).  I'm up to ~6 miles for the run and feel ok about that distance.  I can always walk parts if I have issues.  Its the bike THEN run that's freaking me out.  I did my longest to date bike last Sunday (27 miles) and it was HARD.  Granted, it was blowing 30 mph out that day too, but towards the end, I was just thinking "how the hell am I going to run 6 miles after this!?!?!" 

I'm going to continue to up my long run and bike mileage in preparation of the 1/4 IM.  But I'm a bit freaked out by how HARD the 27 miles was.  Is it easier in a race environment?

I also need to visit a sports dietician.... I saw one a few years back for my hypoglycemia, but that didn't cover endurance training.  I'm very worried about taking Goo, Shot Blocks, etc because they're pure sugar, and normally my body reacts very poorly to sugar.  But I bonked on my bike (1 hr 45 min) and clearly, I need to think about nutrition for my races.

Edited by erin_trail 2009-03-04 9:04 AM
2009-03-05 11:44 AM

Burlington
Thanks for the link Erin.  I will be reading them soon and I am sure they will help.  I am not a strong swimmer or runner for that matter and any little piece of advice helps.  Today was my first day trying TI and I was actually really balanced in the water and relaxed.  Let's hope the rest of the lessons are this easy.
2009-03-06 12:40 AM
in reply to: #1996145

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sherman Oaks, CA

erin have you done a BRick yet?  If not, start NOW.  Plan one for this weekend.  Do a long bike ride - say 15-20 miles, then go for a 10-20 min run.  Make sure that when you get off the bike, you take small steps.  Look at your watch and time 30 seconds and count how many times your left foot hits the ground - should be 45 times, which would mean a 90 rpm per foot/leg, which is about where you should be on your bike.  See the connection?  You don't want to take big long strides when running a tri and def not right off the bike.

You want and need to do BRicks (Bike+Run=ick) to get your body used to the sensation of running after biking.  Your legs will feel like bricks.  Don't push it so hard on the bike if you are feeling spent afterwards - take it down a notch.  If you are doing each distance independently, you will be fine doing the whole tri.  Just over the next couple weeks before this race, even if you ride for 30 min, do a 10 min easy jog to get your legs/muscles feeling that heaviness.

make sense?

in terms of your bike and run mileage you don't need to bike more than 30 miles before the race and if you can run 7-8 miles that would be good but not necessary for you to finish. Spend time doing bricks...

in terms of your nutrition, don't rely solely on gels and blocks.  my new face snack on the bike are Fig Newmans - much better than fig newton's!!  use the gel for the run only - try to eat a bar on the bike.  Or a PB&J - i cut my sandwich into quarters and wrap it in foil and keep it in my bento box.  It's been working out really well for me.  Try out different foods NOW before race day so you know what will work for you.  And drink your carbs too.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Shrano's Tri Group - FULL / CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 4