of 3

2007-01-23 6:36 PM
in reply to: #625429

User image

Master
Sachse
Subject: RE: JeepFleeb's Group - FULL
Thanks for the input Chippy....

Now another question for you or Aaron....

I did my O2 M.A.P test today. So, I now have a better idea of what my body is doing and when. the question I have is this... we did this on a tread mill, so I can use it for the run...Do I use this across the board for the swim and the bike also? I have heard that the LT is different across the different events....but is the AT the same across all.....I would think that it would be...but I have been wrong many times before...

If it is not the same, is there an easy add or subtract for the other events? Or do I need to be tested for each? Or am I totally confused? (I would bet on the last)

Kenny

2007-01-31 2:20 PM
in reply to: #665576

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2007-02-01 4:22 AM

Veteran
Dalgety Bay

On Monday when I finished run I got a little tear in my left hamstring muscle. It was the reason I finished run early on Tuesday. It's not serious and doesn't hurt at all when walking or cycling but if I start running it starts to niggle after 3 or 4 minutes and then any slight discomfort goes after12 hours or so.

If anyone has advice please give it. I am thinking just concentrate on cycling and swimming for a couple of weeks as long as it isn't aggrivated at all. Not sure about treatment. Heat? Ice? It isn't tendon definately muscle. 

2007-02-01 4:28 AM

Veteran
Auckland
Ice and Heat i find works well and a sports massage/physio would also be good.
2007-02-01 9:57 PM

Veteran
Delaware
Paul, I'd get it checked out mate. I had the same problem years ago, and ended up tearing mine so bad that I was out of running for a while. Hopefully some rest, ice and anti-inflammatories now will help stave off a bigger problem down the road.
2007-03-29 2:25 AM

Veteran
Auckland
Hey's Guy's

Just checking in to see how everybody is doing, winter must be almost over for all of you, how's the training going heading into your main season ?

My season is almost over, one more race (Xterra) for me before a well earned break for a few weeks before training for the Gold Coast Marathon (Australia) in July and possibly Ironman Western Australia in December.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » JeepFleeb's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 3