BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-04-13 9:32 AM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
Way to go Tammy!  Way to just stick with it even though I'm sure you were disappointed about the last minute change.  Great effort and I can't believe your run times after a 57 mile bike ride!  Awesome Smile

2011-04-13 5:12 PM

User image

Expert

Tammy, you ROCK! Not only did you take the last-minute race change in your stride (so to speak), but you ended up with a BRILLIANT race with all the pieces fitting together so well! I'm hugely proud of you, and know you'd kick all kinds of behind whenever you decided to do a HIM where the weather didn't make them cancel the swim! (I'm doing Steelhead in Michigan on August 14: wanna come? *grins*)

Hope you're enjoying your WELL-DESERVED rest and recovery, including whatever foods you like!

Wilson and Joe, hope you're both recovering well from your respective spills! All you respiratory-ailment folk, hope you can breathe better soon! Good luck to all upcoming racers: MMMers ROCK!!

2011-04-13 6:07 PM
in reply to: #3445214

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

The GIRLS have something to say!

sdf

2011-04-13 8:41 PM
in reply to: #3443632

User image

Veteran

To add to the chorus....YOU ARE AMAZING...My hero!!

YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!!

2011-04-13 9:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Tammy, awesome job on your race!!!!  That was so awesome - you and your family must be so proud.  I know we MMMers are very proud of you....and wow, way to set the bar for the rest of us!!!  I can't even imagine doing that - you rock!

Hey gang, sorry I've been MIA for awhile.  I have lots of inspires and forum posts to catch up on.  Since I've been sick and not feeling well - I have decided to just take the week off and try and get better for Sunday's Tri.  That's my plan.  I screwed up and made myself sick by not eating enough to sustain working out....damn, I'm stupid.  I like weighing 216 now, but it's been nearly a 3 week price.  My wife is really pissed and will NOT let me workout until I'm better.  She is even a little peeved about me racing on Sunday....So, domestic unbalance right now.  She also made me promise that I'll eat...I agreed of course and I plan to consume about 1800-2000 calories from now on....she's happy with that.  She also made me promise that when I'm getting sick that I'll take 3 days off and not run myself into the ground...So, the boss has spoken and I have new rules.....she told me today I was FU*$#*$#@$#%CKED up and addicted to this stuff....I promptly said, yep - I am and I love it.....she kinda smiled.  So, I will give it hell on Sunday and see what happens.  The swim scares me a bit - I'll be a week out of the water...and I haven't bricked this year...so, that'll be fun...Actually I so look forward to the HTFU aspect of the race....I wanna push like hell - I hope my body can do what my mind wants to do...We'll see.  It's a short race, right....

I promise I will catch up later....lots of kids activities, two days of taxes....yep I waited till last minute, work has been killer and I am told to goto bed early....this is kinds like living at home with my Dad..haha...O'well - hope everyone is doing good...chat at ya all soon!!!  Thanks for all the inspires guys!

2011-04-13 10:35 PM
in reply to: #3445214

User image

Extreme Veteran
wrkinprogress - 2011-04-13 4:12 PM

... (I'm doing Steelhead in Michigan on August 14: wanna come? *grins*)

Ooh, you really got me thinking about that one! A real IronMan branded race would be fantastic, and I doubt they'd cancel the swim if it rains a bit. If you can give me a ride from ORD or MDW, I might just take you up on it!

2011-04-13 10:39 PM
in reply to: #3445620

User image

Extreme Veteran
wsilverthorne - 2011-04-13 8:28 PM

So, I will give it hell on Sunday and see what happens.  The swim scares me a bit - I'll be a week out of the water...and I haven't bricked this year...so, that'll be fun...Actually I so look forward to the HTFU aspect of the race....I wanna push like hell - I hope my body can do what my mind wants to do...We'll see.  It's a short race, right....

Wilson, you have NOTHING to worry about. You've done the training, and that doesn't go away in a week. I just got back in the pool today after a week and a half, and I was faster than before, so relax!! Plus, you've got HTFU to spare, so I know you'll gut it out no matter what. I can't wait to hear all about it!

2011-04-15 12:42 PM

User image

Expert

Wilson, I agree with our Fabulous Ninja Turtle: you'll be AWESOME at the race Sunday! Your training will kick in for sure-- all you need to do is race YOUR race. Have a great time, and tell us all about it when you're done!

Tammy Turtle, I could indeed pick you up Saturday at the airport, though I'm not sure if I can fit 2 bikes in my car... might have to borrow a friend's bike rack, which shouldn't be a problem. Benton Harbor's not too far from here... and I'm sure we can find some cookies or donuts to make your trip to the dark side of HIM worthwhile! *is evilly enticing*

2011-04-15 12:58 PM
in reply to: #3448842

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Good luck to our racers this weekend!  That would be Tammy Tucker, Wilson, and... ME!  Tammy and I are running 5k's, different ones this time (she was scared of the competition, ha ha!) and Wilson is doing his first tri of the season and has been a little under the weather, so we hope he is feeling good and strong for it!

GO   MMMers!!!

2011-04-15 7:09 PM

User image

Veteran

GO MMMers! I hope to log back on and read some AWESOME race reports!

I am not racing but, am scheduled to do an 8 mile run and a co-worker who is a "running fool!" (LOL!...doing 7 miles today, 4-5 Saturday and wants to do 8 on Sunday with me...CRAZY) has convinced me to join her for the run. It will be nice to have someone to run with as I have a hard time keeping my mind occupied for more than 45minutes or so but I am SCARED of running with such a "runner"...yikes! Let hope she's not dragging me along by the hair...hehe!

2011-04-16 10:29 AM
in reply to: #3449540

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

So I'm totally psyched!!  1st place AG  and a PR for my 5K this morning!  Fastest ever average pace, fastest ever single mile, and I used it as my Time Trial #2 for my run.  Still waiting on official results, but they should only be a second or two difference, so I'll wait for them before I do the race report. 

Supposed to be in the 70's and little wind this afternoon, so hoping to get out on the bike!!

2011-04-16 11:59 AM
in reply to: #3450043

User image

Expert
hildekq - 2011-04-16 10:29 AM

So I'm totally psyched!!  1st place AG  and a PR for my 5K this morning!  Fastest ever average pace, fastest ever single mile, and I used it as my Time Trial #2 for my run.  Still waiting on official results, but they should only be a second or two difference, so I'll wait for them before I do the race report. 

Supposed to be in the 70's and little wind this afternoon, so hoping to get out on the bike!!

WOOO-HOOO!!! Hilde, that's AMAZING!! You should be so psyched and proud of yourself! Can't wait to read the race report from our fast and fearless leader! *cheers like crazy*

2011-04-16 12:22 PM

User image

Veteran

WOOT! WOOT! Can't wait to hear the race report Hilde............awesome job! And look at your bad self heading out for a bike after that! GO HILDE!

(Now, if I could get my off the couch.....hmmmmm......)

2011-04-17 9:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Question for anyone:  My Garmin seemed to "die" this morning.  It was sitting on it's charger reading "battery charged" and when I took it off to turn it on -- NOTHING!!  I've tried plugging it into my computer -- still nothing.  Won't turn on at all.  Can't get anything off of it onto the computer ... nothing.  Any thoughts?  It's not even a year old!!  Had to resort to my old Ironman Timex watch (which I use to swim) to time my brick. 
2011-04-17 10:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Guys, thanks so much for all the inspires about his morning's Tri.  I unfortunately decided NOT to do it.  Since I've been sick and still have a cough I didn't think it was a good idea to exit the pool in 40deg weather and run barefoot and wet a block and half to only then ride a cold windy ride.....So, I did the right thing and protected my health.  It was a real hard decision...I even woke up this morning and stared at my gear for about a half hour trying to decide what to do.  I'm sick to my stomach now and cant seem to shake it off.  Never thought I'd feel this was about missing an event...but damn - I've been training for 3 months now for this one....been sick for 2-3 weeks and took the entire week off to be able to participate..then the FU#$%@#ING weather screwed with me....3 days ago it was 60s...WTF!!!

Here is what I got to stare at this morning....F$#%@#CK!!!  I was ready damnit!

2011-04-17 12:32 PM
in reply to: #3451004

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
It is really hard doing what you know is right... but I really think you made the right decision, Wilson!  Go take a nap and hope you can get back to training this week!!

2011-04-17 1:11 PM
in reply to: #3451004

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL

Aw Wilson, it totally DOES suck that you couldn't race this morning!!  It's sad and pitiful that your stuff is all lined up ready to go but you couldn't make it.  BUT IT'S OKAY!!!!  I know it's disappointing, but you'll have another one ..... there's always another Itri, right?  It stinks that you paid for it but couldn't race ... I've been there, that's for sure.  (only it was for a 5K so it didn't cost as much).  Your body will thank you for not racing (as will your wife -- who already thinks your a tri addict! -- now you can show her that you're not TOTALLY whacked! ... just slightly whacked, right?)

I love this group! ... Hilde thanks for the tip on my garmin.  It's up and running again ... yay!

2011-04-17 8:05 PM

User image

Veteran

(((HUGS))) Wilson. All things considered I think you made the best choice! Hang in there and bottle up all that anger so you can let 'er rip at the next race!

I did my long run today Planned for 8 and did 8.28 miles - YIPPEE! Felt so,so...what the heck do you guys/gals think about on long runs? (check my training log for some funny stuff on this!)

2011-04-18 9:43 AM
in reply to: #3451530

User image

Extreme Veteran
PTWykes - 2011-04-17 7:05 PM

(((HUGS))) Wilson. All things considered I think you made the best choice! Hang in there and bottle up all that anger so you can let 'er rip at the next race!

I did my long run today :) Planned for 8 and did 8.28 miles - YIPPEE! Felt so,so...what the heck do you guys/gals think about on long runs? (check my training log for some funny stuff on this!)

Go, Marsha!! And Wilson, big, fat :-( on your behalf. 

Let's move this conversation from Marsha's blog to here so we can hear from the rest of you. Things I think about on long runs:

- to-do list

- what I'm going to write about this run in my blog when I get home!

- squirrel!

- what I'm going to eat

- what I'm going to cook

- races I want to do

- what the #$%! are these lyrics about, anyway?

- maybe there's a decent podcast on here somewhere

- what a lovely view (even if I'm in Des Moines)

- land midfoot/good posture/high turnover/high heel kick

- squirrel!

- has it been another mile yet? I think Garmie's going to chirp at me any second now.

- nothing... getting pretty good at just zoning out for extended periods

And here's a little video to help you out:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NsMw10KVVCk" frameborder="0" width="640" height="390"> 

http://youtu.be/NsMw10KVVCk

Anyone else?

Edited by tstl 2011-04-18 9:49 AM
2011-04-18 11:45 AM
in reply to: #3452284

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

That video was awesome Tammy!!!

Here's mine:

• Okay, here we go, how's it gonna feel today?  Hmmm, not too bad.
  • God, is it only a quarter mile, jeez my heart rate is kinda high.
  • Oooh, I like this song!
  • Crap, here comes a hill, don't take it too fast...
  • Whew, made it up the hill, damn my heart rate is trippin'....
  • What, it's only a half mile?
  • I wonder if Tammy Tucker is running today, she'll be faster then me, I know, sigh.
  • Barking?  Oh no, is it loose?  Stupid dogs...
  • So today is Monday, that means tomorrow is a swim and a bike, and then a run and a bike on Wed...
  • What's on TV tonight?  I hope its not another rerun.
  • Oh no, another hill.... keep going, keep going, don't walk, you can do it!
  • What's that barking???
  • Dang, look at THAT house, mow the grass you douche...
  • Oh no, there's a car stopping, will it see me, does it see me??  Whew, made it past....
  • Is it only a mile??  I wanted to do 10 today, nope, I'm not feeling it, maybe 8...
  • Man it's hot, where's the wind when you want it?
  • Oh boy I'm tired, maybe I'll just do 5....
  • Oh hell, I've done 2, I'm just gonna head home...
  • Wonder what I can find to eat when I get home....
2011-04-18 6:31 PM

User image

Veteran
LOL! You girls are funny and Tammy, that UTube video was cracking me up...gotta admit, I've done the"don't poop your pants" chant before! LOL!

2011-04-18 7:48 PM
in reply to: #3453586

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Okay, I'll play along....things I think about????

hmmmm....

run fatboy run!!!

sex

I need more angry music!

sex

can i push harder on this run....

sex

how far should I go today

sex

what am I gunna be able to report in the blog

sex

what should I be doing for the rest of my life

sex

how will my kids turn out

sex

does the wifey still like me???

sex

if she does she'll have sex with me when I get showered

sex

I think I'm about done.....

sex

rinse and repeat as often as necessary....

Okay I'm pretty shallow....I know...men aren't known for being emotionally deep!!!!  So I'll stick with physically shallow!! haha

back to thinking about......well.....sex!

haha

Just kidding! Kinda!

2011-04-18 8:07 PM

User image

Expert

OMG, Tammy, that video was HILARIOUS!

My turn:

1) OK, here we go. Nice and easy. Run tall, land midfoot, high kick back.

2) Wonder what's happening in the world today? *Looks up at TV monitors at the gym*

3) Good lord, politics is depressing. Hey, the sports channel has their "Top 10" on...

4) Nice catch/basket/save, dude! (Repeat with variations as needed.)

5) OK, seriously, how many "ball hits guy in the crotch" repeats are you planning to show, sports channel?

6) Oop-- foot grumble. Back to form, Alex-- keep it together!

7) Ahh... a replay of _Dancing With The Stars_, featuring Maks in leather pants. Now that's what I call pace booty! *Admires the scenery*

8) Hey, I was watching that! Oh well... it's 9AM, so must be time for Oprah.

9) Yep, the ladies who spend their time walking at an easy pace and yapping have just settled in on the 'mills next to me: it's definitely time for Oprah.

10) Huh. Cardio feels fine, but legs are getting tired in a weird way... probably from not having run on land much. Get used to it, legs!

11) Who the heck is this fatuous twerp Oprah's talking to?

12) Kick-a$$ song! Finally!

13) I'd wonder what those lyrics meant if I had any brain power left... how long did the plan say I had to run today?

14) WTF is it with the numbness in the balls of my feet? Get over it, feet!

15) Don't look at the timer...don't look at the timer... don't look at the timer...

16) Almost done! And my feet are still attached-- woo-hoo!

17) Thank heavens that's over. Time for the best part: the shower...

Love this thread-- can't wait to read more!

2011-04-18 8:28 PM

User image

Veteran

Glad to know most of us (well other than Wilson! who seems to only have one thought!) think about lots of random things. Strength in numbers...we all can't be crazy...or can we?

Hilde, do you find your thoughts different when you swim? I can't think about much then - too busy thinking...was that 8 laps or 10? (still swimming...OK, had to be 10....damn WAS that 10 at the last turn or is it this one coming up that's 10...??

And, as for biking- I'm stuck on repeat there...push AND pull, damn my quads are burning, my a** hurts, don't fall, don't crash, unclip -unclip-unclip!!!!! before you stop...push AND pull, don't fall...don't crash....ugh my a** hurts

Edited by PTWykes 2011-04-18 8:38 PM
2011-04-19 9:10 AM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland

Now that I CAN run again: 

how far can I go today?

damn dog!  stop tripping me!!

Ooh, I like this song!

I need a different playlist

how far am I going today?

this song again?

am i pacing the dog right?

oh God, another dog!

can I walk yet?

has the damned pod beeped at me yet?

ok...now it's too hot to run outside....

When I bike, it's : don't fall, don't fall, don't fall...unclip unclip UNCLIP!!!  crap...*CRASH*

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70