BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-02-02 7:35 AM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED

Thanks to everyone for the advice - I pretty much decided to go with Intermediate instead of the Competitive.  I will just go with everyone's advice and just adjust as needed.

So I am late for my pic since I fell asleep last night - but here is the venue we are playing at this Saturday.  It is the Great Hall at Chicago's Union Station.  If you've ever seen the movie "The Untouchables" with Kevin Costner it is where they shot the seen of the baby going down the stairs in the stroller with all the guns shooting.  Anyways it is gonna be a huge event with over 2500 people.  

(union station.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
union station.jpg (90KB - 4 downloads)

2012-02-02 7:43 AM
in reply to: #4024865

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

Nice pics Mary, Brian, Jenn, Tim.

Brian - help me out here - who is the girl in the second picture Smile and enjoy the new shoes.

Tim - have a great weekend at the concert. Just a comment on your comment on my picture of the snow golf ball - having a green in my back yard does make be a golf nerd but what you can't see on the other side of that fence is the other 18 greens - that is the golf course I used to operate on the other side of that fence LOL. Golf geek/nerd factor just shot up Smile.

Have a great day everyone - train safe. I had a run on the plan today but might do it on Friday instead with one of the local running clubs that does a 5 and 10 km run on Friday evenings. I figure it may be time to see if I can find a few new friends and maybe some training partners for long bike rides this spring and summer.

KC

tmoran80 - 2012-02-02 8:35 AM

Thanks to everyone for the advice - I pretty much decided to go with Intermediate instead of the Competitive.  I will just go with everyone's advice and just adjust as needed.

So I am late for my pic since I fell asleep last night - but here is the venue we are playing at this Saturday.  It is the Great Hall at Chicago's Union Station.  If you've ever seen the movie "The Untouchables" with Kevin Costner it is where they shot the seen of the baby going down the stairs in the stroller with all the guns shooting.  Anyways it is gonna be a huge event with over 2500 people.  

Edited by kcgolf 2012-02-02 10:22 AM
2012-02-02 8:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Hi Team!

I had an "ultimate" test of my discipline regarding training today.  I was planning to go to Masters swim this AM, then head to work and ride my bike on the trainer in the athletic training room, shower, and tackle the day of work.  i set everything out last night for this AM- including getting the coffee maker ready.  Well, evidently I forgot the basket in the coffee maker, since I woke up to a kitchen counter and floor covered with coffee.  By the time I cleaned up, masters was starting.  Then I was completely parked in (literally had to hit the car in front of me to get out) and instead decided to bike first, then swam on my own at the pool and headed to work.  It was SOOO tempting to climb back into bed and sleep, hoping to start over.

So now tomorrow it's masters for me no matter what, and then after teaching I am going to get my 1/2 marathon circuit in.

The Office is on, gotta go!

Happy Training!

2012-02-02 8:19 PM
in reply to: #4024865

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
tmoran80 - 2012-02-02 7:35 AM

Tim, you rock.    I think you made the right choice on plan. 

2012-02-03 7:44 AM

User image

Veteran
PA

UUGGHHHH work and life are getting in my way of posting on BT Frown

I am getting most of my training sessions in Cool

Hope everyone is GREAT and have a GREAT weekend

2012-02-03 9:44 AM
in reply to: #4026605

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Jenn - hope today got off to a better start - nice job applying the RFP principle.

KC

Jennifers - 2012-02-02 9:00 PM

Hi Team!

I had an "ultimate" test of my discipline regarding training today.  I was planning to go to Masters swim this AM, then head to work and ride my bike on the trainer in the athletic training room, shower, and tackle the day of work.  i set everything out last night for this AM- including getting the coffee maker ready.  Well, evidently I forgot the basket in the coffee maker, since I woke up to a kitchen counter and floor covered with coffee.  By the time I cleaned up, masters was starting.  Then I was completely parked in (literally had to hit the car in front of me to get out) and instead decided to bike first, then swam on my own at the pool and headed to work.  It was SOOO tempting to climb back into bed and sleep, hoping to start over.

So now tomorrow it's masters for me no matter what, and then after teaching I am going to get my 1/2 marathon circuit in.

The Office is on, gotta go!

Happy Training!

2012-02-03 9:45 AM
in reply to: #4027117

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hello Nakdboarder Kevin - nice to see you and keep up the good work - enjoy the weekend.

KC

nakdboardr - 2012-02-03 8:44 AM

UUGGHHHH work and life are getting in my way of posting on BT Frown

I am getting most of my training sessions in Cool

Hope everyone is GREAT and have a GREAT weekend

2012-02-03 9:47 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

I hope everyone is well. Anyone have anything cool planned for SB 46 (other then skinnyarm Brian who is going to be there Laughing).

KC

2012-02-03 12:47 PM

User image

SE North Carolina
Finally got in the pool today, first time since October. Felt pretty good swimming, not use to doing the flip turn and pushing off the wall though, so I need to practice that. Im use to swimming in the waterway and theres nothing to push off of out there....have a great weekend
2012-02-03 1:34 PM

User image

Veteran

Took a short, very slow run with my wife today.  Hip still a bit tender.  I am going to redo my trainng program to be slower and have less miles.  Will still be working towards PR and strong finish, just not BQ like originally hoped for.

Last night was a Ron Jaworski cigar party at a martini bar.  Lots of high end drinks flowing and tons of cigars (I dont smoke, but still smell like a cigar)  Tonight taking the kids to see LMFAO at SuperBowl Village.  TOmorrow picking up my cousin at airport and going to Indy for the rest of the day.  Sunday - all day in Indy.  Will still get in a few miles and 1 swim.

KC - that girl is an unidentified New Orleans Saints cheerleader.  I saw her while walking around the SB experience.  I told her I needed a picture because my wife likes the Saints.

User image

Veteran

Took a short, very slow run with my wife today.  Hip still a bit tender.  I am going to redo my trainng program to be slower and have less miles.  Will still be working towards PR and strong finish, just not BQ like originally hoped for.

Last night was a Ron Jaworski cigar party at a martini bar.  Lots of high end drinks flowing and tons of cigars (I dont smoke, but still smell like a cigar)  Tonight taking the kids to see LMFAO at SuperBowl Village.  TOmorrow picking up my cousin at airport and going to Indy for the rest of the day.  Sunday - all day in Indy.  Will still get in a few miles and 1 swim.

KC - that girl is an unidentified New Orleans Saints cheerleader.  I saw her while walking around the SB experience.  I told her I needed a picture because my wife likes the Saints.

User image

Veteran

User image

Veteran

User image

Veteran

2012-02-03 4:25 PM
in reply to: #4027997

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Brian - ok I get it - New Orleans Cheerleader and yes I am jealous but you did not have to rub it in with 5 posts LOL.Smile

Enjoy the SuperBowl my friend.

KC

PS - next time you are at a cigar party don't be afraid to invite me - don't you remember this picture you took for me in Louisville last year when we met you at the finish line? Laughing

Skinny Arm Brian - 2012-02-03 2:34 PM

Edited by kcgolf 2012-02-03 4:34 PM

(CIMG1199.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
CIMG1199.JPG (95KB - 6 downloads)
2012-02-03 4:41 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team - I hope everyone is having a great day. I just remembered something - freaky, weird, strange, bizarre fact Friday right? Well I am running out of strange and different things to reveal about myself - so there you have it - my weird fact for Friday is I am boring Smile.

Have a great night team.

KC 

2012-02-04 10:57 AM

User image

Veteran

I was on a wifi somewhere else.  I was shocked when I hit submit and it ran 5 times.  Either that or I am trying to pad my posting total.

Woke up today to run, but knew as I walked around that it was not going to go well.  So I headed to the pool and did 1 mile worth of pool running.  THen did good swim set, finished off with another mile equivilant of pool running.  Great workout.

I saw a curling lane (field, rink, sheet ??) set up at the SB VIllage last night.  The place was so crowded that my wife was having anxiety attack, so did not take the time to try it out.  I am making sure to get there today.  learn to deliver and sweep so I can join KC .

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

2012-02-04 2:38 PM
in reply to: #4029290

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Saturday afternoon Team.

Brian - (sheet) - please let me know if you give it a try, curious to hear what you think about it.

I have heard of pool running before but what exactly is it?

KC

Skinny Arm Brian - 2012-02-04 11:57 AM

I was on a wifi somewhere else.  I was shocked when I hit submit and it ran 5 times.  Either that or I am trying to pad my posting total.

Woke up today to run, but knew as I walked around that it was not going to go well.  So I headed to the pool and did 1 mile worth of pool running.  THen did good swim set, finished off with another mile equivilant of pool running.  Great workout.

I saw a curling lane (field, rink, sheet ??) set up at the SB VIllage last night.  The place was so crowded that my wife was having anxiety attack, so did not take the time to try it out.  I am making sure to get there today.  learn to deliver and sweep so I can join KC .

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

2012-02-05 8:02 AM

User image

Veteran

no go ont he "curling"  We got there and saw that it was maybe a half sheet, built of wet smooth plastic.  Participants could deliver the rock, but not sweep.  so, we decided to skip it.

Pool running is staying int he deep part of the pool where you cannot touch bottom.  Use regular running form with your head just above water.  Since water is 700 itmes more dense than air, you get a good workout.  Since there is no impact, you do not get injured.  You can manipulate your position and stride pattern to simulate running up or down hill, faster, slower, etc.  We use it for our cross country runners to take some pressure off their legs during the hard season.

Here is a link ot 1 article about it... http://strengthrunning.com/2011/06/pool-running-why-you%e2%80%99re-doing-it-wrong-and-how-to-pool-run-to-get-faster/

2012-02-06 7:26 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

Brian - thanks for the info on the water running. Can you give us a post to your company's web site again please, I want to look at your races and maybe plan on doing one.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

KC

2012-02-06 7:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

The club named me "Most Inspirational Triathlete for 2011" at the banquet Saturday.  The irony is that people in that room took me from a 4000 pound fat man to a lean, mean (well, not so mean really) Ironman.   

So I was at the gym yesterday and this guy next to me is wheezing so bad just getting dressed.  He notices my IM dot tats. Asks.  I tell him and introduce myself as the guy who writes for the newspaper. He knows me. Says a co-worker uses me as encouragement.  His goal is to do IM Wis. in 2014.   He's lost 65 pounds.  I tell him he can do it.  I tell him to hook up with me on FB. I leave smiling...

Triathletes are in the inspiration business.  And we do it for free and for fun. 

2012-02-06 8:22 AM
in reply to: #4031228

User image

Veteran
Mass.

You deserve the honor!!  Congrats!

IceManScott - 2012-02-06 8:37 AM

The club named me "Most Inspirational Triathlete for 2011" at the banquet Saturday.  The irony is that people in that room took me from a 4000 pound fat man to a lean, mean (well, not so mean really) Ironman.   

So I was at the gym yesterday and this guy next to me is wheezing so bad just getting dressed.  He notices my IM dot tats. Asks.  I tell him and introduce myself as the guy who writes for the newspaper. He knows me. Says a co-worker uses me as encouragement.  His goal is to do IM Wis. in 2014.   He's lost 65 pounds.  I tell him he can do it.  I tell him to hook up with me on FB. I leave smiling...

Triathletes are in the inspiration business.  And we do it for free and for fun. 
2012-02-06 8:38 AM

User image

Veteran

Good for you Scott!  It seams so natural for you.  I am really glad to have joined up with this team to have gotten to know you and hear all that you do.

2012-02-06 8:39 AM
in reply to: #4031362

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Skinny Arm Brian - 2012-02-06 8:38 AM

Good for you Scott!  It seams so natural for you.  I am really glad to have joined up with this team to have gotten to know you and hear all that you do.

Hell, I 'm the one happy to be here. 

2012-02-06 2:48 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Like I said that is your second calling Coach/trainer Scott   Congrats on the award!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43