BT Development Mentor Program Archives » triOK's group - The best group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 52

2008-02-05 9:54 AM
in reply to: #1108061

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: triOK's group - The best group - Closed

...I'm back!!

Kind of went silent for awhile...have been out of town for several days and not somewhere warm enough to do much outside!   Resting the shoulder a bit from swimming as I want to have it healed up prior to this weekend when I go to the swim clinic.

Good job everyone for hanging in there through all the bumps in the training road!  I think this stage of training is when the group is needed the most.  A couple weeks before an event it's pretty easy to stay motivated, but for those who are a couple months from an event, feeling some physical abuse, it becomes much more difficult.  I know this group has helped keep me going and I thank everyone for that.

2008-02-05 6:50 PM

User image

Master
Dothan, Al

I am glad some of the MIA's are starting to pop back up. Now there are a lot less faces for me to be looking for ont he back of milk cartons.

Thanks to those of you who have posted links. Both have been very helpful!!! I love articles like that !!!

2008-02-05 9:44 PM

User image

Master

I'm back too....  Sorry I haven't been the best group member the last week or so.  Went into a wierd workout funk.  You guys are still all doing great.  Thanks for the inspires.  They actually work, and helped me to get in a workout today.  Whether you realize it or not, you have incredible powers of guilt over me!!!

I had a set back in the quest for a bike, although it is fairly minor.  I was a very active diver when I lived in San Diego, and have a ton of top of the line gear.  However, none of it has been wet in over a year because I moved to OK, and the diving here just isn't that great...  So, I was going to buy a bike with the proceeds from selling my dive gear.  I had it sold on Sunday, and then Ebay pulled the entire auction because of some fraudulent bidding.  Now I have to relist the gear, and start over with that process.  I plan on relisting it on Sunday, and hopefully nothing goes wrong this time....

Planning on running a five mile race Saturday.  I tried to register online, but they had shut down online registration.  I emailed the director, and worst comes to worse, will just register the day of...

Have a good week "Best Group"!!

Bennet

2008-02-05 10:03 PM
in reply to: #1196336

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio

Glad you're back, Bennett.  Sorry about your E-bay listing; that totally sucks.  Good luck getting registered for your race Saturday.

2008-02-06 8:08 AM

User image

Veteran
So good to see more activity. Truthfully... I have suddenly not been wanting to workout. Yesterday i forced myself to do strength training and today I flipped my schedule so i can run. I think part of it is time... I have to face the fact that it is time for me to start considering waking up early a few mornings per week and getting my a___ on that treadmill. I went to the doc this past Monday and I have indeed gained 10 lbs since this past August. I knew it...but hearing it from him made it sink in. Ever since it has had the opposit effect... rather than motivating me it has brought me down. So... I need to pull out of my funk.

Ebay is a great way to get some cash to splurge on things. I need to list some of my kids clothes ... I always take the proceeds to buy some exercise clothes from sierral trading (great prices although you may be wearing avocado green) or some dvd's.

Glad to see some activity. Leslie... where are you?

Elizabeth
2008-02-06 10:26 AM
in reply to: #1196669

User image

Master
Dothan, Al

2008-02-06 11:10 AM

User image

Veteran
FYI... I went to the Danskin site to see if they announced where the S. CA race will be and there was a banner that said you can now register for the Orlando Danskin. I know that one sells out quickly... so I thought I would mention it. I really... really want to do this race but I just can't fit it in because of the travel and it being Mother's day weekend.

Elizabeth
2008-02-06 11:27 AM

User image

Master

azelizabeth - 2008-02-06 8:08 AM ... rather than motivating me it has brought me down. So... I need to pull out of my funk.

I can relate.  I was in a funk after running a 5K a week or so ago because I thought I was slow.  It is kind of like, "F"it, I'm slow.... Is it worth it....  I'll take the easy way out...."  Thoughts like those, conscious or not, kind of run through your head.  DON'T GIVE IN TO THEM!!!!  You have done a lot over the last two months!  Keep it up!!!

2008-02-06 12:42 PM
in reply to: #1197195

User image

Master
Dothan, Al

HELP!!!! Any math maniacs on here???

I am looking for an illistration of a graph with 7 vertices, a bridge and a loop. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

2008-02-06 2:43 PM

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio

Elizabeth, sorry about the weight gain.  I know how disappointing that can be.  If I go to the doctor, I close my eyes and make the nurse promise not to read the number aloud.  I only get on the scales 2-3 times a year because it's sooo frustrating when the scales require more weight on the right side than the left side to reveal my number.

You seem to be to be really committed to this sport.  If you keep working hard, the scale will reflect that - hopefully sooner than later, of course.

To get back in the swing of things, don't worry about goals for today - or even tomorrow.  Just take a nice, brisk walk to get in the active-feeling again.  Then, you may find you're ready sooner than later to refocus on your goals.  A pause in training is better than a stop.

2008-02-06 2:45 PM
in reply to: #1197412

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio
ditchdoc - 2008-02-06 1:42 PM

HELP!!!! Any math maniacs on here???  I am looking for an illistration of a graph with 7 vertices, a bridge and a loop. Any help would be greatly appriciated. 

Whew!  That is why I majored in Liberal Arts.  Sorry.  I can't help you on that one.

2008-02-06 3:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Tampa, FL
Danskin Orlando opened today for anyone interested. I just signed up, so excited! It's real now...
2008-02-06 4:47 PM
in reply to: #1197412

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
ditchdoc - 2008-02-06 12:42 PM

HELP!!!! Any math maniacs on here???

I am looking for an illistration of a graph with 7 vertices, a bridge and a loop. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

got it... now to go swim  

2008-02-06 10:27 PM

User image

Veteran
San Antonio

Glad to see some activity. Leslie... where are you? Elizabeth

HI Guys! I'm back.

I've been at a conference in Austin for the last few days! Busy but very good.  Did you guys know about this new service from google?  They have a free business 411 number that you can call from anywhere and use voice to ask for a number.  Try it! 18004664411. If you have a phone with web functions you can download google maps and it will give you a map and driving directions...They are providing this service to help their systems learn more about voice recognition so they can start voice search eventually. 

That's one of the very cool things I learned.

I ran this morning on the lame treadmill at the hotel. Got up yesterday at 5 and did an hour on the trainer before leaving for the conference.  

Don't be bummed Elizabeth, more weight shows that you are gaining muscle.  I'll try to read the posts I missed.  I hope everyone is doing well.

Les 

2008-02-06 10:50 PM
in reply to: #1198429

User image

Master
Dothan, Al
I went to the pool this evening for a 30 minute swim. I am having some issues in my personal life. Instead of letting it affect my training, I am using my trianing as my " bright spot" of the day. ( beats going to the bar and getting ripped I guess. I hope I can keep this attitude up. Hope evry one has a great day tomorrow.
2008-02-07 6:34 AM

User image

Eastern PA
AGH! I am feeling my age (I will be 47 in a couple of weeks). I may have been pushing too much too fast cause I am so darn sore today. I think I should take a couple days off... or maybe I'll swim tonight. Heck, I'm not sure whether to push through it or take a break?

Thanks to everyone who has been commenting in my logs! It is great seeing your words of encouragement! I am not that great at the goal posting... I have just been day-to-day planning...

2008-02-07 8:42 AM

Albuquerque, NM
How do we view each other's logs? I appreciate the comments, but don't know how to see other people's logs. Also, when I write back to the comment, it seems I'm the only one who sees that message. Hmmm. Help from a techie please.

Elizabeth...I've gained a pound and half since I've been training...but I've noticed that my clothes are fitting differently and I look better, so i think it is muscle. I sstill want to lose a little...but i am so damned hungry during all this training. Oh well.

Julia
2008-02-07 10:18 AM

User image

Veteran

Right about the time I was really frustrated with my weight plateau, Lora (I think) posted the suggestion of cardio immediately after strength training.  Maybe it was common sense to most of you, but it got me over the hump.  Thanks you!!!

2008-02-07 10:27 AM
in reply to: #1198960

User image

Expert
Hey Robyn's group....You guys/gals are doing an excellent job keepin on each other.....Keep it up!!!
2008-02-07 10:38 AM
in reply to: #1198742

User image

Master
Dothan, Al

Mama J - 2008-02-07 8:42 AM How do we view each other's logs? I appreciate the comments, but don't know how to see other people's logs. Also, when I write back to the comment, it seems I'm the only one who sees that message. Hmmm. Help from a techie please. Elizabeth...I've gained a pound and half since I've been training...but I've noticed that my clothes are fitting differently and I look better, so i think it is muscle. I sstill want to lose a little...but i am so damned hungry during all this training. Oh well. Julia

I'll help with the log part....look at the bottom of my post ( this one) there are those little icons down there. Just click ont he one that says log, and you will see mine. You can post everyones icon in your training log and also just click on that. I did it but can't remember exactly how. 9 It's the "being form Alabama v/s Computer thing). I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me tell you the rest.

2008-02-07 10:39 AM

User image

Regular
Bristol, CT

Yo, group, whazzz up?  I'm the guy who opted out of the "challenge", and haven't posted much lately, but have been reading along.  Work's been a real bear lately.  Plus I'm now 16 days away from my winter marathon, oh the fun.  Those of who haven't run a marathon, here's where I'm at for your entertainment!  I've done the last of my 4 20-mile runs - check.  I've done the last of my endurance tempo-runs - check.  I'm finishing off the last of my 50-mile training weeks - check.  I've got a 15-miler coming up this weekend, then I start a two week taper.  So basically it's countdown time, which means I wish the damn race was tomorrow.  Tapering is great, but it's like sitting around watching paint dry, wondering if you've done enough, trained right, have a good gameplan, etc...  And each run I take, every time I get up from my desk, get out of my car, or turn a corner, I'm looking to make sure I don't bang my knee, step in a pothole, or twist my anke.  Ah the fun!!!!  Oh, I'm also watching the weather forecast as if my life depends on it.  We are in a mild spell now, temps in high 30's/40's, so I'm fearful some wicked nasty winter storm is brewing in the distance. 

So that's where I'm at!!!!  Hope everyone's training is going well, and those who got hit by the winter-cold bug, hope you're feeling better.  Keep at it, and try to enjoy each workout, at least the part when you FINISH the workout!!!!

Jay

2008-02-07 3:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Tampa, FL
Darnit! The bug finally caught up to me too. In bed, hoping it's gone in the morning. I don't want to miss my workout. (Never thought I'd say that.) To those that are healthy, get out there for us sick ones :-)
2008-02-07 8:46 PM
in reply to: #1198742

User image

Master
Loveland, Ohio

Mama J - 2008-02-07 9:42 AM How do we view each other's logs? I appreciate the comments, but don't know how to see other people's logs. Also, when I write back to the comment, it seems I'm the only one who sees that message. Hmmm. Help from a techie please. Julia

Hi, Julia.  Rueben was right.  Just click on the "Logs" icon at the bottom of my post and it'll take you to my page.  When you get to my page, you'll see that I've got everyone in the group listed on the left side.  To do that to your page, you can do the following.

In the box at the top left on pretty much every page where you log in and out, where it shows how many users are online, etc., there are three links at the top called "Home," "Control Panel" and "Help."  Click on "Control Panel."  Across from "Change your password," there's a link that reads "Edit your training settings."  There you'll find several tabs to personalize your settings.  Click on "Friends," type in people's usernames and hit apply at the bottom.  Then, people will show up on your Training Log page.   Good luck!

Lora

2008-02-08 6:24 AM

User image

Eastern PA
Woo Hoo! My early birthday present...a heart rate monitor watch.... arrived yesterday! Can't wait to figure it out! I did find out my resting heart rate is 55. I hope I can figure this out. The instruction book has such small print, I need a magnifying glass. I got a Timex 30-lap one. It is on the small side and fits my extremely small wrist pretty well.

Any tips on using this?

Thanks!
Leticia (teash)
2008-02-08 2:13 PM

User image

Master

I don't really have anything to say, I just hate seeing our group towards the bottom of the page!!! 

Oh, wait....  I did sign up for the "Frigid Five Miler" tomorrow.  Let's see how that goes after my last two weeks of minimal training.  This is supposed to be fun right?????

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » triOK's group - The best group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 52