BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-04-19 11:46 AM
in reply to: #3454432

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
All these random thoughts we have are hilarious!  I think we all have more time to think while running, when I'm biking I'm just concentrating on riding hard, keeping the cadence high, avoiding dogs!  When I swim, well, that's kinda zen like for me.  I do have to concentrate on how many laps I've done, but somehow I can plan my day, my week, my year at the same time.  My stroke is pretty automatic at this point, so I don't have to overly think that, I can just swim and daydream at the same time.

2011-04-19 3:10 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Veteran

Okay....an update first....

Went today to get the steroid shot in my foot to alleviate the aggravated nerve. OH MY FREAKIN WORD!!!  I consider myself to be pretty tough for the most part (ie childbirth 6x w/o pain meds and putting up w/this neuroma for 14 months!) but let me tell YOU my crazy, whacked out tri addicted friends....this HURT...I had tears rolling down my face. Foot is still kinda numb at this point....The doc spoke of having 2 or 3 shots per year. After this one...he's freakin HIGH if he thinks I'm having another one. Cut my foot open and remove the damn nerve-----that's what I will be saying if this doesn't work!!

Okay so......the fun stuff...

Tammy running:

WTF was I thinking when I planned this run?!!>>>>Does the wind EVER stop?>>>Does that driver even see

me? >>>What am I going to make for dinner...that everyone will eat?>>>Oh my gosh, garmie is telling me I am

going waaaay tooo fast!>>>Slow down!>>>Speed up you are going too slow now..>>>>Can I NOT find a happy

medium here somewhere with these legs>>>>Cramp, cramp, cramp in my hammy...go away>>>Think about

something OTHER than the cramp in the hammy>>>HTFU and run would ya....Hilde is REALLY going to kick your A$$

at the next 10K!!>>I sure hope there are no dogs>>>What the $#@# are you looking at >>>>Light pole >>>>Next

light pole>>>I'm doing this.........why exactly?>>I wonder when my size 34 RED swimsuit will fit >>>Is it time to

stop yet>>>

Tammy Biking

Push, pull................push, pull.....up the hill through the wind to the next hill we go>>Okay so the wind is

EVERYWHERE>>>dumb a$$ freakin dog....where'd you come from....wish I had a stick to beat you with>>car, car

CAR!!....how can they NOT see this orange jersey?!!>>My shorts don't seem to fit right today...in all the WRONG

places>>Don't fall.....stand up and pedal and don't FALL>>>Don't make eye contact w/the perv who is sitting in the

dump truck staring at your A$$>>OMG are we there yet?>>>Push, pull........push, pull up another hill and through the

wind....

Swimming........no THOUGHTS of my own...just the idea of the Coach's voice in my head..head down, head down! HEAD DOWN!! 

WOW.....long post...I've always been good at writing short stories!! LOL

2011-04-20 1:24 PM

User image

Veteran
When are we moving or are we moving back to the "active" group area? Everyone is AWFUL quiet the last couple days!! Is it something I said?!! LOL  Do I smell funny? Hellllloooooooo come back...........
2011-04-20 1:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Well...I can't smell ya from here Tongue out. I'm chillin' here at home with 2 sick kiddos (lovely!). At the moment they are both napping which means I should be getting something done but....yeah....I'm not! I think we're not moving back to the active area as Hilde decided not to host a "new" group but just stick with us crazies this time around- LOL! (Hilde, correct me if I'm wrong!)
2011-04-20 3:58 PM
in reply to: #3456947

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Marsha is correct!  I asked Ron how I should handle not wanting to take on any newbies, just keep the group we have and he said that we could continue on in the archived section indefinitely.  So here we are!
2011-04-20 6:13 PM

User image

Veteran

Is it strange that someone I don't know commented on my training log entry? Kinda weird to me!

2011-04-20 6:49 PM
in reply to: #3457531

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

I got one of those the other day, Marsha.... if you click on BT Blogger up at the very top of your BT screen, it will take you to a new page and there will be random blogs posted so I bet maybe yours came up and this guy saw it and just commented... that or he's a stalker!  Just kidding..... maybe the word is out that there's one hot body building mama on BT, and everyone should check her out!  I pulled up his profile and it says he's into God, so I think you're safe, unless he's one of those God-loving stalkers!!!!

2011-04-20 6:57 PM

User image

Veteran
LOL Hilde! I pulled up his profile too and just kinda thought ok, whatever!
2011-04-20 7:38 PM
in reply to: #3457531

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
PTWykes - 2011-04-20 7:13 PM

Is it strange that someone I don't know commented on my training log entry? Kinda weird to me!

Sorry, that was under my strip club name...gotta go incognito sometimes..haha...

Hey, you have a secret fan!!! Cool!!!  I don't think you'll need a body guard....just look at yourself....I'd run!

2011-04-21 4:34 AM
in reply to: #3457646

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Hey Marsha, that guy is on Shawn's friends list and he posted on another of my friends blogs, so maybe he's just checking out Shawn's friends?  Or it's Wilson's strip club alias like he said!
2011-04-21 11:03 AM

User image

Regular
Boy all a bit nuts; Iguess I'm in with the right group then!!

2011-04-22 6:19 AM
in reply to: #3458771

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
So I'm getting ready to go out for a run, fire up the Garmin and get the low battery message?!!  WTF?  I charge it every time I upload?  I've noticed it will spontaneously turn itself ON while on the charger?  Does this happen to any of y'all?  If I don't notice it, that means it's on when I take it off the charger it's still on and just using up the battery.  GRRRRRRRR.  Stupid technology.....
2011-04-22 12:14 PM

User image

Expert

Garmies have strange little minds of their own, I find-- mine konked out for absolutely no reason a few months ago. Took it in to a local store and they said it just needed a software update and a full recharge: it's been fine after that. So maybe a software update, Hilde?

And I'm like many of you: all I can think of on the bike is push-pull-CAR!-unclipunclipunclip! when I bike, and pretty much of nothing save the lap number I'm on (which I repeat to myself, mantra-like) when I swim.

In completely unrelated news, is anyone else here in the Midwest SICK OF THE GREY AND COLD WEATHER and longing for some sunshine?? Sheesh! *hears rumble of thunder* BLEAH!

Have a great weekend, everyone! I plan to get as much sleep as I can...

2011-04-23 3:26 PM
in reply to: #3461003

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
I'm totally frustrated with the yuk midwest weather too!!!  I'm so tired of the kinda warm one day with rain and then cold the next and gray gray gray!!! ugh.  Today I started my bike ride in rain cuz I needed to go for a ride no matter what.  I needed the mental health created by a good ride.  And today I rode with a friend that made it extra cool.  The 18 mile ride was his longest ride...that was cool too.  Hey, gang - I'm gunna try to get back on track this next week.  Things have been crazy with my personal life and my motivation/energy/mojo has been big time suckage!  I feel bad for not doing a better job inspiring and keeping up here.  I hope to be back to the "normal" Wilson soon...haha...okay, so my definition of normal is probably pretty FU$#@%CKED up by conventional definition.  Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!!!  I had Good Friday off and spent it with the wifey and we also have better Monday off...The nice thing is that Friday and Monday day's off are couple time...the kids have school!!!  That was nice.
2011-04-23 6:26 PM
in reply to: #3462420

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

So glad to have Wilson back amongst us!!  I have missed the F#$%^!$#ed up Wilson!  You know, the NORMAL one we know and love.  Welcome back, my friend....

If you haven't checked my blog for today, my hubby seems to have been bitten by the tri bug!  We just got home a little while ago with a brand new tri bike for him!!  (Not as nice as my new Dominatrix, of course, but a NICE entry level bike!).  He had vacation this past week and was just puttering around the house getting stuff done, and I guess he sat down and made some goals for himself and one was to train for and do a Sprint Tri in September... shocked the F*** out of me!  And for the first time EVER he will be going to one of MY tris!  (The man has never seen me race....)  I'm excited but hope he sticks with it, he is the KING of IMPULSIVE... so what sounds cool today, might not be so cool when it training becomes hard....  I sorta feel like I will be walking a fine line between being Miss Know it All and not being supportive enough, if that makes sense.

2011-04-24 3:53 PM
in reply to: #3462600

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
T-shirts have been ordered!  Delivery to me guaranteed by May 9th....

2011-04-25 4:43 AM
in reply to: #3463384

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Guys and gals!  We have a new MMM member who should be checking in here shortly... Tammy Tucker and I met her at the 10K we did last month and she is interested in triathlon, but will be starting out doing duathlons.  So she is a true newbie... Her name is Courtney and here's a link to her log: 

Courtney - RunningMoore 

She hasn't started using her logs yet, but hopefully that will change ASAP!  Please give her a warm, MMM welcome!  And Courtney, DO NOT BE AFRAID... we are all very nice people!

2011-04-25 12:54 PM
in reply to: #3463792

User image

Veteran

We are all nice people?! Really?? Okay, well everyone is nice except Wilson (he's NUTS!), Marsha....Turtle, Janet,

Joe, Jordie..Shawn, Hilde (she carries a WHIP!!)...Who AM I forgetting?? ....:P

2011-04-27 9:33 AM

User image

Veteran

Two solid days without a single post from anyone.........? Is everyone alright? Feeling the spring doldrums or what??? 

Talk to me people........I miss ya'll!!

2011-04-27 10:22 AM
in reply to: #3468712

User image

Expert

*Waves hi from the rainy Midwest*

Sorry, Tammy-- it's the end of term around here, so chaos and term papers abound. Fret not, though-- once I'm through with those I'm sure I'll be posting all kinds of nonsense as the HIM training continues...Innocent

Funniest thing I read recently, in a book on digestive health (don't ask): "You will not feel hungry on this cleanse." I'm tempted to write back to the author with a suggested emendation: "Unless you are a triathlete training for a half-ironman and have just completed a 13-hour workday, you will not feel hungry on this cleanse. If you are such a triathlete, you will, in fact, be hungry enough to check every grocery store in your workplace's town to see if anyone stocks carrot juice. I kid you not." Far more accurate, I feel! (Don't fret, gang-- it's just for another day or so to reset my system at the end of what has been a hellacious few months for reasons best not gone into. I'm already planning what I'll eat as soon as it's done! Smile And yes, I did find the carrot juice, at long last... Laughing)

2011-04-27 10:28 AM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Hi everyone from Florida!  Getting set to go to TN for my first tri of the season.  Question for those of you who wear wetsuits - What can I do to not feel like I can't breathe?  I haven't had it on since last April when I did my very first tri and I wasn't sure I'd even get through the swim because of the panicky feeling I had.  I had even practiced a couple of open water swims, but it didn't seem to help.  Now here I go this year and haven't done an open water swim with the darn thing yet.  Was hoping that the water wouldn't be so cold, BUT 65 degrees is COLD.  So I'll have to wear it.  Why do I feel like I can't breathe?  My chest feels constricted.  Any suggestions on what to do about it?

2011-04-27 10:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI

I hate putting the wetsuit on and getting it off again and as a result I avoid it!  I have never experienced the panic you describe so I can't help you there!

Since it has been such a cold winter and spring I'm sure I'll be wearing mine more this year than I did last year.

2011-04-27 11:37 AM
in reply to: #3468942

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Peggy, I haven't had that feeling either... but I've read some stuff here on BT to get in the water and let some water inside the suit through the neck I guess.    I would also try and do a warm-up so that hopefully you can get that panicky feeling over and done with before your wave takes off.  Also, try and get that suit UP... really get it up in your legs, tug it up in the arse, get as much extra as you can up around your shoulders, so hopefully you'll have less constriction.

GOOD LUCK to you and Wesley and your daughter in your first family tri!!

And Tammy I imagine we're kind of slow over here because WILSON hasn't been hanging around tormenting us... c'mon Wilson, dish it out, we can take it AND give it!  And I don't know what's up with Shawn either, he's been the invisible man lately....

2011-04-27 5:37 PM
in reply to: #3469097

User image

Extreme Veteran

OMG! Since I've had a fairly injury-free year of running, I had been toying with the idea of doing a marathon, something I had always talked myself out of in the past. On a whim last week, I threw my name in the hat for the random drawing to enter the Nike Women's Marathon in SFO (my favorite city!) in October. Today, I got this:

Dear Tammy Hines,

By throwing your name into the random drawing for the 2011 Nike Women’s Marathon, you let us know you were serious. 

You are up to the challenge of running (26.2 or 13.1) miles.
You can’t wait to hit the streets of San Francisco.
You are fiercely motivated by the thought of 20,000 women doing this together. 
You want that Tiffany’s finisher’s necklace so bad you can taste it.

Well it’s time to put your legs where your clicking finger was, because the Goddess of Victoryhas spoken.

You’re IN, baby!

Eek! I'm equal parts excited and freaked out!! 

2011-04-27 5:56 PM
in reply to: #3469998

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Tammy, that is an awesome reply to your entry!!  Guess you better find yourself a marathon plan!!  Talk to Janet, she's the marathon queen!!  Does it go up that crooked road??  Isn't SFO hilly??  Yikes, 26.2 miles with hills... are you training yet??!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70