BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-02-14 8:48 AM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

SE North Carolina
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED

I beat my virtual partner today on a 4.5 mile run this morning, I just got my new garmin and the virtual partner is a great feature to motivate you on a run....

2012-02-14 9:45 AM
in reply to: #4046435

User image

Veteran
Mass.

I love that feature to!

MANDOWN - 2012-02-14 9:48 AM

I beat my virtual partner today on a 4.5 mile run this morning, I just got my new garmin and the virtual partner is a great feature to motivate you on a run....

2012-02-14 11:49 AM
in reply to: #4046435

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Kevin - Nice work - keep it up.

MANDOWN - 2012-02-14 9:48 AM

Edited by kcgolf 2012-02-14 11:50 AM
2012-02-14 4:44 PM
in reply to: #4045716

User image

Expert

I used that all winter and still get really mad when they get lost 10 minutes into the ride and miss a turn off the bike path and have to turn around -haha.  I guess they were too busy riding their bikes and they never heard of this thing called editing.

Jennifers - 2012-02-13 6:29 PM

I got a new Spinerval this week- it's a "virtual reality course" dvd of the IMWI course.  I am going to give it a try tomorrow for my bike workout- we are going out for sushi for V-day tomorrow and I won't have time to go ride the computrainer before dinner.  I'll report back with how the DVD is.

2012-02-14 6:37 PM
in reply to: #4047668

User image

Veteran

That is a riot!

tmoran80 - 2012-02-14 5:44 PM

I used that all winter and still get really mad when they get lost 10 minutes into the ride and miss a turn off the bike path and have to turn around -haha.  I guess they were too busy riding their bikes and they never heard of this thing called editing.

I got a new Spinerval this week- it's a "virtual reality course" dvd of the IMWI course.  I am going to give it a try tomorrow for my bike workout- we are going out for sushi for V-day tomorrow and I won't have time to go ride the computrainer before dinner.  I'll report back with how the DVD is.

2012-02-14 6:40 PM

User image

Veteran

2 days of elliptcal training this week, great swim workout this morning. very much missing running, but hoping to get back at it thursday or friday.

Heading out for v-day dinner with Jacki after we get kids ready for bed.

nice bike Saskat!

2012-02-14 7:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Tim- I KNOW!  I was laughing when that happened.  But, it was a great way to switch things up for training, and since it's been miserably cold, it was fun to pretend I was outside on the course. 

2012-02-15 8:58 AM

User image

Expert

So my IM training started yesterday - I ended up switching down to the Intermediate plan which after entering the data in really just means that on the weekends I just eliminate my second brick workout.  In the peak phase I kept them in since I want to work on my nutrition so for my 5 hour bike I will then have a 1 hour run.  Other than that the plans are pretty similar so i feel more comfortable with it.

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention that happened in my disastrous last week - my wife has been begging for years to get our carpets professionally cleaned.  I bought an expensive Bissell Cleaner 5 years ago and just would rather do it myself - anyways I gave in and agreed to do it.  Well Stanley Steamer is there for about 10 minutes and they get my wife and tell her the dog is bleeding all over the carpets out of her nose.  What are the odds?  Anyways she ended up blowing a polyp out of her nose and I took it to the vet and we just found out Monday that it is cancer.  They say the nasal cancer is very aggressive so they are giving her about a month - she is 13 so she has had a good life.  We haven't seen any difference in her yet but I am sure it will come soon.   We are just trying to enjoy the time we have with her.  I just dread having to make the decision of when to put her down.  I know its just part of being a dog owner but its still tough.

2012-02-15 9:03 AM
in reply to: #4048609

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
tmoran80 - 2012-02-15 9:58 AM

So my IM training started yesterday - I ended up switching down to the Intermediate plan which after entering the data in really just means that on the weekends I just eliminate my second brick workout.  In the peak phase I kept them in since I want to work on my nutrition so for my 5 hour bike I will then have a 1 hour run.  Other than that the plans are pretty similar so i feel more comfortable with it.

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention that happened in my disastrous last week - my wife has been begging for years to get our carpets professionally cleaned.  I bought an expensive Bissell Cleaner 5 years ago and just would rather do it myself - anyways I gave in and agreed to do it.  Well Stanley Steamer is there for about 10 minutes and they get my wife and tell her the dog is bleeding all over the carpets out of her nose.  What are the odds?  Anyways she ended up blowing a polyp out of her nose and I took it to the vet and we just found out Monday that it is cancer.  They say the nasal cancer is very aggressive so they are giving her about a month - she is 13 so she has had a good life.  We haven't seen any difference in her yet but I am sure it will come soon.   We are just trying to enjoy the time we have with her.  I just dread having to make the decision of when to put her down.  I know its just part of being a dog owner but its still tough.

That sucks, I have 3 dogs that will all go around the same time so I don't look forward to that day.  Just spoil the hell out of her for the next few months. :-)

2012-02-15 9:15 AM

User image

Expert

@Monique:  I am in the same boat regarding dieting in a house full of people who would be OK surviving on Chicken Nuggets, Pizza and French Fries.  That does not even consider the fact that they all wan't to eat out 5 nights a week.  It certainly makes it a challenge but you get used to it and eventually it just becomes habit.

@Sara:  Sweet ride, love the B16.

Well it Official!  My Wife and I talked more last night about IronMan Louisville and i'm in for 2012.  The weird part is that my initial excitement has been taken over by complete fear and dread.  Ackk, what the heck am I doing?!  Guess it's time to step up my game and get on it.  Only thing left to do now is pay the 600 bucks to register and start training. 

2012-02-15 9:29 AM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Sara: love the new bike!!  Just be sure to wave when you blow past me.

Sorry I have been a crappy mentor lately I have been doing very little training as I try to decide on what to do going forward.  It's pretty scary that Tim is starting his plan and his race is a month after ours.  I guess this year I will test the limits to see what the min amount of training is needed to finish an IM.

2012-02-15 12:41 PM

User image

SE North Carolina
got a 10 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run in right after, is it posible for the wind to blow in your face the whole time on a bike ride...it seems every time I get on the bike the wind picks up............Tongue out 
2012-02-15 1:55 PM
in reply to: #4048656

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
Batlou - 2012-02-15 10:15 AM

Well it Official!  My Wife and I talked more last night about IronMan Louisville and i'm in for 2012.  The weird part is that my initial excitement has been taken over by complete fear and dread.  Ackk, what the heck am I doing?!  Guess it's time to step up my game and get on it.  Only thing left to do now is pay the 600 bucks to register and start training. 

Be careful what you wish for! lol  That is great she is supporting you.  Train safe and enjoy the ride!

2012-02-15 1:56 PM
in reply to: #4049163

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

MANDOWN - 2012-02-15 1:41 PM got a 10 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run in right after, is it posible for the wind to blow in your face the whole time on a bike ride...it seems every time I get on the bike the wind picks up............Tongue out 

Nice brick,  yes its possible because it happens to me almost every ride.  You look forward to turning around after bucking the wind heading out then it changes on you.  Oh well makes you stronger

2012-02-15 2:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
tmoran80 - 2012-02-14 4:44 PM

The Real Course Vid of the course is extraordinary.  Very surreal when I first rode the real course.  Like I was there before.  Accurate to the mailboxes. 

2012-02-15 2:07 PM
in reply to: #4049356

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
razorxp - 2012-02-15 1:55 PM
Batlou - 2012-02-15 10:15 AM

Be careful what you wish for! lol  That is great she is supporting you.  Train safe and enjoy the ride!

Good for you.  Go for it. 

2012-02-15 2:10 PM
in reply to: #4048609

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
tmoran80 - 2012-02-15 8:58 AM

So sorry about the dog, man.  I had a cat aged 16 when it was diagnosed with a tumor in his abdomen.  Nursed him to 18.5 before the day came to take him in.  He was so weak i thought he would die at home alone...I wanted him to know I was there so I took him in and paid the money to gently push him over to the other side.  You'll know. 

2012-02-15 2:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Seven more working days until the final day.  They laid a guy off with 12 years yesterday.   Just called him into the office and boom.  They've demoted a couple more.  Everyone says I'm the lucky one.  I had to leave newspapers but...

I'm got some heavy local hitters for references for corporate jobs.  The local state U is talking about a chance to teach in fall.   Nothing definite but I am confident.

Meanwhile thinking about the ITCA coaching cert online.  USAT launched an online beginner course (expensive!) and I emailed to see if they were putting the coaching on line too.  No dice, they said.  I told them they were pushing folks like me to the ITCA.   They were unconcerned.  I might get USAT when I have more time and cash...will see.

Down 12 pounds on Paleo.  Workouts are clicking.  Testing on the bike next week.  All good

2012-02-15 2:32 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Tim - Congrats on starting your plan and I am sure you have made the correct decision. Sorry to hear about your dog. I posted a pic of mine a few Wednesdays ago - was terrible when I had to put her down - hang in there.

Batlou Brian - Great news about Louisville - I may come down again to watch this year.

Coach - hang in there and I know this group appreciates everything you do for us.

Mandown Kevin - nice brick my friend and I just hate those days when you look forward to turning the bike for home anticipating a nice break from a headwind and the winds shift - oh well, like the Coach says - just makes you stronger.

Iceman - good luck with everything, looks like you are making all the right choices.

I am heading out of town for a couple of days this weekend to Huntsville Ontario to meet up with my sister, her family and some friends to ski for a couple of days. I will try to stay in touch however.

Stay safe everyone.

KC

2012-02-15 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4048656

User image

Expert

Congrats on signing up!  I remember waiting in line for hours last September in Madison then finally getting to the room where you register and having a fleeting thought of just turning around and running.  It all good though - its crazy how you can go from fearing the race to thinking its manageable.  Good luck 

Batlou - 2012-02-15 9:15 AM

2012-02-15 8:59 PM
in reply to: #4049455

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Tim- Sorry to hear about your dog- my best friend's dog was also just diagnosed with cancer in his leg, so they ended up amputating it last week.  So sad.

Brian- Congrats on signing up for IM!  Welcome to the madness!

Today was a weird day.  I got my long run in but struggled to get on the TM and made it through.  I've just felt exhausted all week between work, family, and training.  Speaking of which, I think I am off to bed...

Night!

2012-02-16 10:25 AM
in reply to: #4041792

User image

Expert

I used to load up on vitamin C and zinc whenever I would feel a cold coming on.  I didn't do that this time and wonder if that made a difference.  I will have to check out the Emergen'C - thanks

KeriKadi - 2012-02-11 8:27 AM I have a little secret to share especially this time of year. We have been using Emergen'C for over 10 years in our house. I know word is spreading because I received a sample in a race packet last year, most stores are carrying their own generic version and this year started seeing commercials. Honestly I think they owe me money for talking about their product on the Internet for the last 10 years...................................... My girls are homeschooled but take classes with other kids 3 days a week play sports and are in scouts. I also have two teenagers one in CC and one in HS. We have never had a full house illness. Of my 5 children only one has ever had an antibiotic and that was 13 years ago. My oldest got his first cold at 16 years old.......................................I am realizing this could have been my weird fact Friday post.............................................Had a pretty good training week but missed a swim and a trainer ride. I am supposed to do a short run today but might hop on the trainer instead. If I get real optimistic I might do both. Today is also the first game of volleyball, I m coaching 2 of my daughters ---- Go Heat!

2012-02-16 4:49 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Just checking in - been a busy couple of days trying to get ahead of the game before I leave after classes tomorrow for my little ski trip. I am still hangin in there with my plan. Tomorrow calls for a swim and a bike in my plan but, based on work and travel I am choosing to get up early and do the bike before I leave, miss the swim tomorrow but I have found a pool near the resort I will be at and there is a lap swim Saturday afternoon between 1 and 2 pm. Therefore it looks like a bit skiing early on Saturday followed by a break for a swim workout to make up for the miss tomorrow then back to the slopes - LOL - what we won't do to try and get a workout in.

OK team, I may not be checking in again for a couple of days so if you don't see me you know where I am.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

KC

2012-02-16 10:05 PM
in reply to: #4051709

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
kcgolf - 2012-02-16 5:49 PM

Hey Team.

Just checking in - been a busy couple of days trying to get ahead of the game before I leave after classes tomorrow for my little ski trip. I am still hangin in there with my plan. Tomorrow calls for a swim and a bike in my plan but, based on work and travel I am choosing to get up early and do the bike before I leave, miss the swim tomorrow but I have found a pool near the resort I will be at and there is a lap swim Saturday afternoon between 1 and 2 pm. Therefore it looks like a bit skiing early on Saturday followed by a break for a swim workout to make up for the miss tomorrow then back to the slopes - LOL - what we won't do to try and get a workout in.

OK team, I may not be checking in again for a couple of days so if you don't see me you know where I am.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

KC

KC dont forget to have fun, don't worry so much about hitting your swim.  If you ski with any ability that is a workout in itself.

I am in flight right now to vegas so training is not happening except for a fun mt bike ride in red rock tomorrow.

2012-02-17 9:07 AM
in reply to: #4052107

User image

Expert

You could buy a huge exercise ball and sit on it while at the black jack table.  Good Luck This weekend.

razorxp - 2012-02-16 10:05 PM
kcgolf - 2012-02-16 5:49 PM

I am in flight right now to vegas so training is not happening except for a fun mt bike ride in red rock tomorrow.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43