Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 34

2012-04-08 3:31 PM
in reply to: #3947465

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albany/Saratoga, NY area
Subject: RE: Scott's Mentor Group-Closed

I don't want to derail all the bike talk in here but I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored. Being sick sucks!! What do people do all weekend if their not training??? Seriously, if I spent every weekend like this I'd go mad. Ick. Ok, sorry for the interruption-carry on with the bike talk...

On the plus side-I must be feeling better because I'm getting antsy. Cool

2012-04-08 6:22 PM
in reply to: #4136854

User image

Lake Forest, CA
nicoleg - 2012-04-08 1:31 PM

I don't want to derail all the bike talk in here but I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored. Being sick sucks!! What do people do all weekend if their not training??? Seriously, if I spent every weekend like this I'd go mad. Ick. Ok, sorry for the interruption-carry on with the bike talk...

On the plus side-I must be feeling better because I'm getting antsy. Cool

Nicole, 

I feel for you!  I suggest watching/reading anything you can that you find inspirational.  It will occupy you mind, some time and will make you feel stronger, especially when you return to your training.

Here's one I recommend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re9RBoiGSos

2012-04-09 7:42 AM

User image

Master
Essex Jct, VT

Nicole,   It's the crappy days and injured days that make me realize how truly blessed I am to have a body that can train regularly.  This might be the perfect thing to happen for you to reconnect with your training in a deeper way.  I second Craig's suggestion as well.  I look for videos that inspire as well.  

As for me, I had 2:15 on the trainer last night and watched "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".  Somewhat disturbing movie to watch while I was in the Pain Cave for over 2 hours, but it sure passed the time.  Good swim this morning focused on base interval sets of 200's and 100's.  Hope everyone had a nice Easter/Passover.

2012-04-09 8:41 AM
in reply to: #4137552

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albany/Saratoga, NY area

It does remind me I'm lucky to train and I'm glad I'm not just sick with no explanation like I was before a few years ago. That was a long trip back to where I am now so a little Bronchitis won't keep me down long. I just seem to have forgotten how to amuse myself. Last night, though I took the time to make a video from my trip in February so I did find somehting to do.

I'm working today so that will take up 10 hours or so. Maybe by tomorrow I'll feel well enough to take a short run after work. It might help me clean out my lungs. Fun fact-I caught this from my SO and I got him back by puking in his car. That will teach him to share his germs with me after my long run!

Happy training, everyone!!

2012-04-09 11:39 AM
in reply to: #4137717

User image

Lake Forest, CA

Scott, that's some serious time in the cave.  Nice!

Nicole, it sounds like you're already on the mend.  Oh, and it appears you haven't been reading closely enough.  You're supposed to barf after a race not in the SO's car Money mouth

I'm a little sore today.  I went for an hour mtn bike ride with my son yesterday.  Climbed 700 feet. Pretty good for a 12 year old.  Then I went for a 5.5 mi. run a couple hours later on legs that were not too fresh.  Finished at 11:04 min/mi.  I was just glad to get some long miles in.

I have business trips the next two weeks leading up to my race on the 21st.  So I really need to stay focused while training on the road.  I'm going to try to hit my local pool before the airport.  Who knows what kind of pools I'll find on the road.

2012-04-09 1:26 PM
in reply to: #4138211

User image

Extreme Veteran
Albany/Saratoga, NY area
craiger951 - 2012-04-09 12:39 PM

Nicole, it sounds like you're already on the mend.  Oh, and it appears you haven't been reading closely enough.  You're supposed to barf after a race not in the SO's car Money mouth

It was just a training barf. I'm just starting to realize that I'll need to do a lot more barfing if I'm going to get it right on race day. I should probably work up a training schedule. If in the car is unacceptable-should I do it on the car? If I train enough do you think I'll be able to barf up cash like that smiley face dude? It could help cover the cost of this sport.

Money mouthMoney mouthMoney mouth

2012-04-09 2:36 PM
in reply to: #4138488

User image

Veteran
Brunswick, Georgia

Nicole.....wow. thats all I got.

Scott, that is some serious time in the cave. Over 2 hours is a long time in the saddle. I don't know what the girl and dragon tattoo movie is...does she win in Kona? I'm looking forward to hearing your results in 6 weeks. Troy will rip up his course as well.

Craig, thanks for the video. I cry on all these Kona videos when people are crossig the line- beating all odds, cancer, amputations, 80 years of age, 22 tries and no finishes, etc. It makes me want to get off my a$$ and work harder. I want to know that feeling. You mentioned you have gone twice to Kona to see the world champio ship? I bet it is amazing to witness in person. Have you made your own you tube videos?

I took yesterday off to let the body/mind rest. I'm going to hit the pool today for 2000 yards I hope. I did 1800 wednesday so I think 2000 is doable. It's only 4 more laps but by that point I am tired. I am going to try and bump up my numbers this month. I don't have a race but plan to get in some solid training. My next race has been rescheduled for 5/12 I believe.

Hope everyone has a great week. This is national increase your triathlon training month!

Edited by ahutson 2012-04-09 2:38 PM
2012-04-09 7:54 PM
in reply to: #4138682

User image

Veteran
Brunswick, Georgia

Been quiet this afternoon....I hit the pool today with a goal of 2000 yards. I was at 1200 when I was told a swim meet was starting. I had to move over to the far lane and try to share it with 4 other people. I scrapped the rest of it and went did some weights. I then came home and did some push-ups/sit-ups.

Thats what happens when you get to the pool later than you should. I am not going to lose the time/distance. I am going to swim the last 800 tomorrow and go for a 5 mile run. That will be a good day's workout. A run/bike is a brick. What is a swim/run? A block?

What did everyone do today?

2012-04-10 12:30 AM
in reply to: #4138682

User image

Lake Forest, CA
ahutson - 2012-04-09 12:36 PM

Craig, thanks for the video. I cry on all these Kona videos when people are crossig the line- beating all odds, cancer, amputations, 80 years of age, 22 tries and no finishes, etc. It makes me want to get off my a$$ and work harder. I want to know that feeling. You mentioned you have gone twice to Kona to see the world champio ship? I bet it is amazing to witness in person. Have you made your own you tube videos?

Ashley, I met Scott Rigsby (the double amputee that was shown in the first few minutes of the video) just chillin' out at a fish taco restaurant off the beaten track the day before the race.  He was super cool and a great inspiration.

No videos but plenty of photos.  We also do a lot of non IM sightseeing, surfing and scuba as well.  Kona is a very special place with or without the race.  But it definitely has a positive vibe during race week.

Nicole, in the car on the car? Sounds like he deserved it for giving you his crud.Money mouth

I managed to get to the pool for 1500y today before my flight.  I wanted to go 2000 but ran out of time.  I hope tomorrow's hotel has a decent bike.

Make it a great week. 

2012-04-10 4:35 AM
in reply to: #4137717

User image

Regular
Saipan, MP
nicoleg -

I'm working today so that will take up 10 hours or so. Maybe by tomorrow I'll feel well enough to take a short run after work. It might help me clean out my lungs. Fun fact-I caught this from my SO and I got him back by puking in his car. That will teach him to share his germs with me after my long run!

Happy training, everyone!!

ewwwww!!  *lol*  Hope you feel better soon, Nicole!

2012-04-10 12:12 PM

User image

Master
Essex Jct, VT
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are live in the new forum.  If you don't mind please check in there and post a bio, so anyone new who would like to join can see your history and please feel free to express your experience with the group the first time around.  Thanks and I'll see everyone in the new forum.  

2012-04-10 5:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Sorry Ihave been absent for a spell - kids out of school, working and lack of time to spit has limited my time ... will try to post some updates soon ... you are all training harder than I am for the past two weeks 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Scott's Mentor Group-Closed Rss Feed  

of 34