User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: Twisted Blisters II
HCS5QA - 2008-01-29 4:33 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 1:38 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-29 1:29 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 10:59 AM

OK, here is a little bit of the serious side of Julie that you do not get to see or hear often...

I know that most of you realize that I found this site a few months ago due to a tragedy in my family....my brother lost his wife in an ironman competition last November....well things are beginning to look up! After a really trying past week....my brother was really having a tough time....I called a few of his local tri buddies and I am proud to announce that he is back on track. Last week he told me he had not been in the pool since her death and has barely gone out for a run or bike ride....NOT ANY MORE! he has been running again like crazy, rode 87 miles on his bike yeseterday and was swimming when I talked to him today....he also told me that he was able to get into the Arizona Ironman so that he can finally finish an ironman...(he was taken off the bike portion in Florida to go to the hospital and it took a policeman a good ten minutes to convince him that he needed to stop....he just kept riding with a policeman chasing him on a motorbike....anyhow...he told me of his plans to race but then got discouraged again by the fact that all the hotels were booked....so Julie did some detective work and was able to get in touch with the sales department at the host hotel who just called me and told me that they have a room reserved for my brother.  I just called him and he was ecstatic!  So, my brother is soon to be the ironman that our family already considers him! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Thank you to all you who have helped me get thru this tough time...all those PM's, jokes and kind words have really helped! You know who you are...and will always hold a special place in my heart....THANK YOU!

ok...now back to the twisted blister julie....time to run...how about trying my energy bar....there's enough to share with the team...;O)

run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run 

get the message....;o)

Wow, thanks for sharing that with us. I didn't know but what a great story to share with us. I'm glad to hear things are headed in the right direction and that he will be achieving his goal.

Thanks Hector...hope your life is becoming a little calmer....sure miss your posts! But I am sure that instead of the daily posts...you are out running like a good blister should! Hit that treadmill and make sure to see my training blog for the newest and most inventive way of using the treadmill....Its a hoot! take care and do not work to hard....

Things are good, I meet with my partners tonight to convey my expectations of our seperation and it's in their favor (trust me it's good for me too), so I think it will go well. As for me all my business issues are slowly coming together and looking good. I plan on going home in a few minutes, doing my run first, figuring out insurance/advertising needs for my business, and finishing with my paper for school. I should be done by midnight tonight. My brother-in-law said I needed a break so he stopped by and dropped off a 6-pack of Pacifico's and put them in the fridge for me. Yup I'll be drinking and writing tonight (no law against that is there?) Once things slow down I'll be on here more.

By the way I like sharing good news. I just sent out this flyer and I'm already booked for the next two weeks from it, hence my stress with tying up all the loose ends by friday. I guess it's good to have this problem.

Ok time to go run.

WOW...looks like fun...why not have a bouncing challenge this next month! hehe

I am an event planner and thought it would be advantageous for you to send information to various planners in your area.  I would use various bouncy inflatables for many of  my larger events and once I found someone I liked, I would use them a lot! Party planners are a great idea, too.  I used to use this one group on a weekly basis...so once you get your foot in...you will not need to advertise any longer!

My all time favorite bouncy was one that we used to rent at our lakehouse every fourth of july...and it was a large inflatable slip n slide....no more breaking your back when you slam to the ground.......not sure if you can get this one...but to me it would be the perfect one for Sunny San Diego...

congratulations on already booking them for superbowl...hope you are enjoying your pacifico's and as far as I know there is noone that I have heard of that have been cited or arrested for drinking while writing...so drink up...but just make sure to re-read your paper in the AM...hehe

Have a great evening and run run run! we need you to hit that 100% if not 120%...Go Hector Go!

2008-01-29 8:08 PM
in reply to: #1143195

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Can I just say that the blisters ROCK!!! YOU REALLY PUMP ME UP!!! I was just on the Twisted Blister Google Spreadsheet and I am very proud to be a Blister Sister! Way to go team! you are rock'n and roll'n! kiu! no matter what happens on the 31st and no matter what place we end up with....you are all winners in my eyes!!!!  GO BLISTERS GO!!!

2008-01-29 8:09 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Hi Blisters!

2008-01-29 8:10 PM
in reply to: #1179545

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

lyssa-gator - 2008-01-28 10:13 AM with my oldest-it was "sorry ma'am you're not in labor" 45 minutes later i was HOLDING him. yeah, no epidural. i learned my lesson though!! #2 and #3 were c-section!! so here's pics, don't look at my messy house!! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket and yeah, i left my face out on purpose, wouldn't want to ruin my image LOL

Hot Pants!!!!

2008-01-29 8:13 PM
in reply to: #1179904

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 12:41 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-28 10:33 AM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 10:10 AM
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-28 10:06 AM

HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 12:05 PM Good morning all, I feel much better this morning. I'm at work with my QA hat on and in the middle of an inspection. Being that this is more like a paper audit I'll be here at my desk all day checking in and out with you.

Yaaaay!

was it my pouty face in your inspires that did you in?  LOL

i'll be back after my lunch - i do believe i'll have a glass of wine with lunch

Your inspires always brings me back.

I read your blog, you had a fun time on saturday. I think I need to tie one on as well.

woo hoo Don Julio!! right?

That sounds good, but i think a shot of Chivas Regal will do.

for all i know, i did one of those too - LOL!

2008-01-29 8:14 PM
in reply to: #1179940

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
notarunnr - 2008-01-28 12:50 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 1:46 PM
notarunnr - 2008-01-28 10:41 AM
lyssa-gator - 2008-01-28 1:38 PM
notarunnr - 2008-01-28 10:35 AM

Good afternoon blisters....I am feeling a little blue today. It's monday. Skipped the swim, regret it now. Legs are a little sore after Saturdays run, so no running today. I have a bit of a headache that won't go away. Blisters dropped out of second. I am tired of some or all of my extremities being cold all the time.It's still January. Having problems with a very good (or so I thought) friend. Bright side the sun came out. Smile I stopped in here to feel better.

Julie I love your new avatar such a cute.....mule? I have never seen a horse open it's mouth so wide.

sorry you're bummed out tammy!! i get the winter blahs too, (usually i wait until feb tho) hope you get to feeling better!!

Yea I usually get them in February but they are here early...no snow that's why. If it is going to be cold it should snow. And I am sick and tired of the weathermen always forecasting it, and it never comes. I wish they would just shut their mouths, or at least admit that it's not coming and that they are just trying to boost ratings!

Funny, you hope for snow and I try to avoid all bad weather. I'm getting anoid with all the rain on the weekends.

Joisy is the worst in the winter.  No snow, just cold, cold rain, which freezes on the road and makes for a nightmare.  These months I want to move to the north to get the snow, or to california to just have ncie weather.  I see on the news report you are getting bad weather in S. Ca....is it cold. I thought SD was always 70 and sunny! 

no, no, no - don't tell me that - tell me how wonderful it is!!  LOL

2008-01-29 8:17 PM
in reply to: #1179953

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 12:53 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-28 10:48 AM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 10:43 AM
notarunnr - 2008-01-28 10:36 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-28 1:32 PM

HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 10:05 AM Good morning all, I feel much better this morning. I'm at work with my QA hat on and in the middle of an inspection. Being that this is more like a paper audit I'll be here at my desk all day checking in and out with you.

Don't work too hard! hehe

Hector, I knew you were as cuddly as a teddy bear! 

I always aim to please. LOL This is the part that I say "i'd rather be the bear then drink the bear". LOL

hate when I get a mouth full of bear!!

So do I. LOL

hmmmmm, that all depends on who the bear is - LOLOL!

2008-01-29 8:18 PM
in reply to: #1181706

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
notarunnr - 2008-01-29 11:50 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-28 8:06 PM
notarunnr - 2008-01-28 10:55 AM

Gotta run my son to swim practice!

c u later

Look at you...already running for the blisters...and with your son on your back...that has got to be hard...see, tammy I knew you would do it for us...hehe

by no means do I think that you resemble a pig...but thought that this was cute! but tough like our Tammy!!! way to piggy back..that has to be worth double miles! ;O)

LMAO....Love the picture.  Julie you crack me up, big pharma oughta bottle you up and prescribe you for the blues. 

x2!

2008-01-29 8:20 PM
in reply to: #1181818

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 12:37 PM

Did you sign up for the feb challenge?  Watcha doin'? 

not sure...but need to swim...but would like to bike! but have a feeling I would be letting the team down, since I am not a spinner and do not have a trainer and if the weather is anything like it has been....I would be not riding and just whining! hehe

swim maybe!

How bout you? are you signing up? and for what?

I'm in for running again - glutton for punishment i guess - LOL

just seemed like it was the easiest thing to make sure i was able to do since i don't know what the gym facilities will be like

2008-01-29 8:21 PM
in reply to: #1182272

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
HCS5QA - 2008-01-29 3:29 PM

OK, here is a little bit of the serious side of Julie that you do not get to see or hear often...

I know that most of you realize that I found this site a few months ago due to a tragedy in my family....my brother lost his wife in an ironman competition last November....well things are beginning to look up! After a really trying past week....my brother was really having a tough time....I called a few of his local tri buddies and I am proud to announce that he is back on track. Last week he told me he had not been in the pool since her death and has barely gone out for a run or bike ride....NOT ANY MORE! he has been running again like crazy, rode 87 miles on his bike yeseterday and was swimming when I talked to him today....he also told me that he was able to get into the Arizona Ironman so that he can finally finish an ironman...(he was taken off the bike portion in Florida to go to the hospital and it took a policeman a good ten minutes to convince him that he needed to stop....he just kept riding with a policeman chasing him on a motorbike....anyhow...he told me of his plans to race but then got discouraged again by the fact that all the hotels were booked....so Julie did some detective work and was able to get in touch with the sales department at the host hotel who just called me and told me that they have a room reserved for my brother.  I just called him and he was ecstatic!  So, my brother is soon to be the ironman that our family already considers him! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Thank you to all you who have helped me get thru this tough time...all those PM's, jokes and kind words have really helped! You know who you are...and will always hold a special place in my heart....THANK YOU!

ok...now back to the twisted blister julie....time to run...how about trying my energy bar....there's enough to share with the team...;O)

run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run  run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run 

get the message....;o)

Wow, thanks for sharing that with us. I didn't know but what a great story to share with us. I'm glad to hear things are headed in the right direction and that he will be achieving his goal.

x 12328197349217497329479237423749327429!

2008-01-29 9:07 PM

Extreme Veteran
Reston, VA

Hey blisters!!  Just wanted to say a quick hello and that I hope everyone's doing well (with mileage and otherwise) =)

Just a few days left in January... GO BLISTERS!!

2008-01-29 9:19 PM
in reply to: #1182649

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 5:38 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-29 4:33 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 1:38 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-29 1:29 PM

I know that most of you realize that I found this site a few months ago due to a tragedy in my family....my brother lost his wife in an ironman competition last November....well things are beginning to look up! After a really trying past week....my brother was really having a tough time....I called a few of his local tri buddies and I am proud to announce that he is back on track. Last week he told me he had not been in the pool since her death and has barely gone out for a run or bike ride....NOT ANY MORE! he has been running again like crazy, rode 87 miles on his bike yeseterday and was swimming when I talked to him today....he also told me that he was able to get into the Arizona Ironman so that he can finally finish an ironman...(he was taken off the bike portion in Florida to go to the hospital and it took a policeman a good ten minutes to convince him that he needed to stop....he just kept riding with a policeman chasing him on a motorbike....anyhow...he told me of his plans to race but then got discouraged again by the fact that all the hotels were booked....so Julie did some detective work and was able to get in touch with the sales department at the host hotel who just called me and told me that they have a room reserved for my brother. I just called him and he was ecstatic! So, my brother is soon to be the ironman that our family already considers him! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run

get the message....;o)

Thanks Hector...hope your life is becoming a little calmer....sure miss your posts! But I am sure that instead of the daily posts...you are out running like a good blister should! Hit that treadmill and make sure to see my training blog for the newest and most inventive way of using the treadmill....Its a hoot! take care and do not work to hard....

Things are good, I meet with my partners tonight to convey my expectations of our seperation and it's in their favor (trust me it's good for me too), so I think it will go well. As for me all my business issues are slowly coming together and looking good. I plan on going home in a few minutes, doing my run first, figuring out insurance/advertising needs for my business, and finishing with my paper for school. I should be done by midnight tonight. My brother-in-law said I needed a break so he stopped by and dropped off a 6-pack of Pacifico's and put them in the fridge for me. Yup I'll be drinking and writing tonight (no law against that is there?) Once things slow down I'll be on here more.

By the way I like sharing good news. I just sent out this flyer and I'm already booked for the next two weeks from it, hence my stress with tying up all the loose ends by friday. I guess it's good to have this problem.

Ok time to go run.

WOW...looks like fun...why not have a bouncing challenge this next month! hehe

I am an event planner and thought it would be advantageous for you to send information to various planners in your area. I would use various bouncy inflatables for many of my larger events and once I found someone I liked, I would use them a lot! Party planners are a great idea, too. I used to use this one group on a weekly basis...so once you get your foot in...you will not need to advertise any longer!

My all time favorite bouncy was one that we used to rent at our lakehouse every fourth of july...and it was a large inflatable slip n slide....no more breaking your back when you slam to the ground.......not sure if you can get this one...but to me it would be the perfect one for Sunny San Diego...

congratulations on already booking them for superbowl...hope you are enjoying your pacifico's and as far as I know there is noone that I have heard of that have been cited or arrested for drinking while writing...so drink up...but just make sure to re-read your paper in the AM...hehe

Have a great evening and run run run! we need you to hit that 100% if not 120%...Go Hector Go!

Ok I knocked out another 3 miles tonight and now it's time for my pizza, wings, and ice cold Pacifico!

Thanks for the info on the party planners. I'll make sure I send each one some advertisements. See that is why I love you guys, you give support in all areas.

Oh yeah I'll re-read the paper in the morning.

Edited by HCS5QA 2008-01-29 9:23 PM
2008-01-29 9:21 PM
in reply to: #1182702

User image

Master
Fort Worth
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-29 6:14 PM

Good afternoon blisters....I am feeling a little blue today. It's monday. Skipped the swim, regret it now. Legs are a little sore after Saturdays run, so no running today. I have a bit of a headache that won't go away. Blisters dropped out of second. I am tired of some or all of my extremities being cold all the time.It's still January. Having problems with a very good (or so I thought) friend. Bright side the sun came out. Smile I stopped in here to feel better.

Julie I love your new avatar such a cute.....mule? I have never seen a horse open it's mouth so wide.

sorry you're bummed out tammy!! i get the winter blahs too, (usually i wait until feb tho) hope you get to feeling better!!

Yea I usually get them in February but they are here early...no snow that's why. If it is going to be cold it should snow. And I am sick and tired of the weathermen always forecasting it, and it never comes. I wish they would just shut their mouths, or at least admit that it's not coming and that they are just trying to boost ratings!

Funny, you hope for snow and I try to avoid all bad weather. I'm getting anoid with all the rain on the weekends.

Joisy is the worst in the winter. No snow, just cold, cold rain, which freezes on the road and makes for a nightmare. These months I want to move to the north to get the snow, or to california to just have ncie weather. I see on the news report you are getting bad weather in S. Ca....is it cold. I thought SD was always 70 and sunny!

no, no, no - don't tell me that - tell me how wonderful it is!! LOL

Ok today was nice but don't look at the weather forecast on my log.

2008-01-29 9:21 PM
in reply to: #1182707

User image

Master
Fort Worth
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-29 6:17 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 12:53 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-28 10:48 AM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 10:43 AM
notarunnr - 2008-01-28 10:36 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-28 1:32 PM

HCS5QA - 2008-01-28 10:05 AM Good morning all, I feel much better this morning. I'm at work with my QA hat on and in the middle of an inspection. Being that this is more like a paper audit I'll be here at my desk all day checking in and out with you.

Don't work too hard! hehe

Hector, I knew you were as cuddly as a teddy bear!

I always aim to please. LOL This is the part that I say "i'd rather be the bear then drink the bear". LOL

hate when I get a mouth full of bear!!

So do I. LOL

hmmmmm, that all depends on who the bear is - LOLOL!

ROTFLMAO!!!!! 

2008-01-29 11:11 PM
in reply to: #1182814

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
cmrey528 - 2008-01-29 7:07 PM

Hey blisters!!  Just wanted to say a quick hello and that I hope everyone's doing well (with mileage and otherwise) =)

Just a few days left in January... GO BLISTERS!!

Always great to hear from you...way to go your runs!!! KIU...do the max if you can!! the team needs your help! Did you get your HR questions answered. I am definitely not the one to ask...but throw the question out here...one of these blisters will be able to help you...

have a great evening and keep up the great running! I see you have signed up for a half marathon in March...that is awesome...you are goona do great!

2008-01-29 11:13 PM
in reply to: #1182838

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-29 7:21 PM
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-29 6:14 PM

Joisy is the worst in the winter. No snow, just cold, cold rain, which freezes on the road and makes for a nightmare. These months I want to move to the north to get the snow, or to california to just have ncie weather. I see on the news report you are getting bad weather in S. Ca....is it cold. I thought SD was always 70 and sunny!

no, no, no - don't tell me that - tell me how wonderful it is!! LOL

Ok today was nice but don't look at the weather forecast on my log.

Don't tell me that I have to whip out that cup of wine whine for you.

2008-01-29 11:24 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Hi Julie!

2008-01-29 11:24 PM
in reply to: #1182967

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 11:13 PM

ummm yeah, come visit my neck of the woods!

2008-01-29 11:41 PM
in reply to: #1182977

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-29 9:24 PM

Hi Julie!

Hi Beth...how are ya?

2008-01-29 11:41 PM
in reply to: #1182978

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

Nebraska or PA? hehe

2008-01-29 11:45 PM
in reply to: #1182999

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-29 11:41 PM

Nebraska or PA? hehe

LOL!!

good point, for a while I'll have 2 necks Undecided

2008-01-29 11:46 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
in reply to: #1182997

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Hi Julie!

Hi Beth...how are ya?

I'm awesome!  and you?

in reply to: #1183004

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-29 9:45 PM

Nebraska or PA? hehe

LOL!!

good point, for a while I'll have 2 necks Undecided

and three families...Nebraska, PA and BT! )

2008-01-29 11:47 PM
in reply to: #1183005

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

lastcall2003 - 2008-01-29 9:46 PM cartoon

That is funny....good one!

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Twisted Blisters II Rss Feed  

of 46