BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 45

2013-08-02 7:56 AM
in reply to: Taringa

User image

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED
Training plans...I like the idea of them and do use them however I find unless I have a defined event I am training for the plans dont get used. I looked at the Friel bible and while its full of great information it was a bit too "professional" for what I want out of this. I would like the training to be a bit more dynamic and less like work.

That being said I am looking at using a Hal Higdon plan to train for an upcoming half marathon. I am going to use it as a reference in trying to build something that works around my free time (which is ever shrinking this summer) etc etc...

2013-08-02 8:03 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Taringa

Question time for all you turtles!

This subject has been tackled now and again on the open forums, but I thought I'd ask my mates....What are everyone's thoughts on training plans, planning, how to do it, how to stick to it, etc?

I've decided just recently that I should  try to be a bit structured; up until now I've written myself a swim/bike/run/strength pattern month by month but my workouts have been a bit impulsive. I've borrowed Joe Friel's Training Bible from the library (and ordered my own copy online), set myself an annual training plan, and I'm hoping to stick to it and see some results. His stuff does seem to make scientific/biological sense ( though I'm not convinced on the paleo diet part, I like my bread too much) and it all seems to be well thought-out. 

Anyone using his methods? Tips and tricks, pitfalls to avoid? 

Anna, I can not address Friel as I have never looked at it or tried it. I can tell you that for me I found out that my biggest issue was just training on a day in day out bases. I was one that constantly chose BT plans and put them in but stopped. I felt that some were way to much or not enough for where I was. I then got in the routine of working out and after doing so I took what I wanted from Multiple Free Plans on the internet and here and basically did 3 days of each discipline a week. I just felt that I could adjust on the fly to what happened and make the changes. I just did not feel the same when looking at a set plan. Pitfall of my way, no science to it and likely to be much easier to shorten or skip a workout, but then again having it printed on paper is not going to make you do it either. My other thing with most plans I looked at is all the extras, which I KNOW serves a purpose, but I'm not going for a podium and fear that it would take the fun out of training for me. What I'm referring to is like a swim workout where you have to do 10 sets of this or that, with three different strokes, kick drills, blah blah blah. I know that would drive me nuts, just let me swim and I will make sure I can cover the distance. I'm not saying I will never train with sets in the future, but right now I see it as I'm still building a good base. I can also tell you that I will actually work off a plan if / when I do a Full, but even that will likely be a plan here through BT that will be time / distance based. In reference to diet, I've just tried to eat healthy, but weight has never been an issue, and I'm not getting paid, so giving up bread or just about anything else that's not bad for me is not gonna happen.

Edited to comment on something Jim posted (I guess while I was typing). I will use Hal Higdeons Marathon plan for my upcoming marathon (used no plan last time), but it is distance based, ie 3 miles t w f, 6 miles sun. That is the other thing I did in prep for doing my own thing for the Half I just completed. I looked at run, swim, and bike only plans as well for ideas / distances.

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2013-08-02 8:09 AM
2013-08-02 8:20 AM
in reply to: RZ0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by RZ0

I used a generic training plan I downloaded off the internet. It simply gave minutes per day for each discipline. Monday might be 45-minute run, Tuesday might be 30-minute swim, 15-minute run, etc.
It kept me disciplined, just like any 'to-do' list does. Knowing what I had to do in a day made me more likely to do it.
It helped me plan ahead. Sometimes looking out a couple days, I'd see some conflicts. One weekend I was out of town but scheduled to do a swim I knew I wouldn't have time for. So I moved the swim up a couple of days and moved a run into the weekend.
There are lots of places to pick up schedules, including elsewhere on the BT site. I guess I'd advise avoiding schedules that are too ambitious - calling for two hours a day/six days a week when you only have time for 45 minutes, that sort of thing.

I guess that more are like me than I might have thought. Like I said I think time / distance based plans are the best especially starting out. The one other thing I wanted to add though is that you may be looking to compete and podium / try to become a FOP triathlete, in which case that specific and more detailed workout / plan might be exactly what you need.
2013-08-02 8:27 AM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Veteran
Louisville
I also used a generic beginner plan for my first tri because honestly I had no idea where to start or what to do. I didn't get onto this site until after I'd already been training for a couple of months. Since I really didn't have a base or idea of where I was I followed it pretty strictly and it worked out fine. Now I think I'd be able to have more flexibility with a plan because I know my capabilities a little better. That said I'm following a combination of a Galloway plan and whatever I feel like to train for my upcoming marathon and it's going really well. It's a mileage based plan which I think is important to me for this distance but for a 10K or something I would probably run by time. I have no idea why I feel that way but it works
2013-08-02 8:46 AM
in reply to: Rnay225

User image

Veteran
Louisville
Do you mind if I vent for just a second...or many seconds?

About 6 months ago my gym put out a call to anyone interested in becoming a group fitness instructor so my sister and I went to a few of the meetings to check it out. The first meeting seemed nice and we were told each of us would get a mentor and training etc. so we could start teaching classes (or at least parts of classes) by the summer. It seemed great! So we signed up and came to the next meeting which was a workout format. When we were there we were repeatedly "called out" in a sort of condescending manner for not attending more group fitness classes. My sister is a nurse so her schedule isn't set except for her working 3-4 12 hour shifts per week. The days tend to vary so she attends classes often but not at the same time or with the same instructor. At the time I was in grad school so I was the same way. I went to some but not all and really whenever they could fit. I actually spent more time on the elliptical or treadmill or spin bike because I could read for school while getting a workout in. It made us feel really alienated because the other 2 women in the room told us they didn't work so attended basically every class everyday. Group fitness was also their only source of fitness which is fine but I of course like to SBR too. So we went through the class and everyone kept saying how they couldn't believe how well we could keep up...um, rude. The next couple of classes we went but not together because of our schedules and it was more of the same but they'd also sort of bash whichever one of us wasn't there because we missed. We ultimately stopped going (which was fine since the other women still aren't instructors to this day) because of how they made us feel and because aside from learning routines there was no education such as basic anatomy. Once the weather got nicer we switched to outside workouts since that's what we love and admittedly haven't been in the gym as much as we should. So yesterday we went back and one of the women leading the fitness instructor program spotted us. She went on and on about how she was glad we finally decided to come back to the gym and that if we can start working out regularly again she'd be willing to work with us on being instructors. SERIOUSLY?! We run 4 days a week! Just because we don't spend 3 hours (she told us she spends at least that long in the gym) a day in a gym doesn't mean we just sit on our butts. Needless to say, we're thinking it might be time to leave the gym. Does anyone else have bad feelings towards gyms or is it just me? I've never loved them and especially since my sister and I have had weight issues we can be a little sensitive. But after that this is quite obviously not a supportive environment!

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest
2013-08-02 1:21 PM

User image

Veteran
Originally posted by Rnay225

About 6 months ago my gym put out a call to anyone interested in becoming a group fitness instructor so my sister and I went to a few of the meetings to check it out. The first meeting seemed nice and we were told each of us would get a mentor and training etc. so we could start teaching classes (or at least parts of classes) by the summer. It seemed great! So we signed up and came to the next meeting which was a workout format. When we were there we were repeatedly "called out" in a sort of condescending manner for not attending more group fitness classes. My sister is a nurse so her schedule isn't set except for her working 3-4 12 hour shifts per week. The days tend to vary so she attends classes often but not at the same time or with the same instructor. At the time I was in grad school so I was the same way. I went to some but not all and really whenever they could fit. I actually spent more time on the elliptical or treadmill or spin bike because I could read for school while getting a workout in. It made us feel really alienated because the other 2 women in the room told us they didn't work so attended basically every class everyday. Group fitness was also their only source of fitness which is fine but I of course like to SBR too. So we went through the class and everyone kept saying how they couldn't believe how well we could keep up...um, rude. The next couple of classes we went but not together because of our schedules and it was more of the same but they'd also sort of bash whichever one of us wasn't there because we missed. We ultimately stopped going (which was fine since the other women still aren't instructors to this day) because of how they made us feel and because aside from learning routines there was no education such as basic anatomy. Once the weather got nicer we switched to outside workouts since that's what we love and admittedly haven't been in the gym as much as we should. So yesterday we went back and one of the women leading the fitness instructor program spotted us. She went on and on about how she was glad we finally decided to come back to the gym and that if we can start working out regularly again she'd be willing to work with us on being instructors. SERIOUSLY?! We run 4 days a week! Just because we don't spend 3 hours (she told us she spends at least that long in the gym) a day in a gym doesn't mean we just sit on our butts. Needless to say, we're thinking it might be time to leave the gym. Does anyone else have bad feelings towards gyms or is it just me? I've never loved them and especially since my sister and I have had weight issues we can be a little sensitive. But after that this is quite obviously not a supportive environment!

Wow that sounds rough. I'd invite them to do a few of your workouts and see how long that attitude continues. But on a more serious note you may want to look into a different gym. It seems that this one really is not working out for you.

2013-08-02 1:27 PM

User image

Veteran

This subject has been tackled now and again on the open forums, but I thought I'd ask my mates....What are everyone's thoughts on training plans, planning, how to do it, how to stick to it, etc?

I've decided just recently that I should  try to be a bit structured; up until now I've written myself a swim/bike/run/strength pattern month by month but my workouts have been a bit impulsive. I've borrowed Joe Friel's Training Bible from the library (and ordered my own copy online), set myself an annual training plan, and I'm hoping to stick to it and see some results. His stuff does seem to make scientific/biological sense ( though I'm not convinced on the paleo diet part, I like my bread too much) and it all seems to be well thought-out. 

I too really don't used a structured plan to much. It just seems to hard to work it in while working 12 hour overnight shifts and get my needed sleep in. That being said I'm scheduled to do a full iron man next year and will closely follow a plan mostly due to the distance that I'll be racing. I say closely follow simply because I will need to work around my work schedule and the needs of my son (remember I'm a single parent with no family in the area for help).

Personally I think you have to do what's right for you and if that means your own built plan than that's what you use. Best of luck to you.

Beth
2013-08-02 2:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

For once I'm going to keep my answer pretty short I would look at it like you and all of us do in this group. I like others in here did not like to be viewed as lesser or unworthy because of where we currently are, or what distance we are doing or have done. We wanted a supportive, intergetic group, that shows support and are happy for others success. Are you getting that there? Answer, No. So why stay there and have a workout that is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable, anything but that. If I or others in this group belittled and were rude to you in this group you would have stopped coming in here and taking part (rightfully so), so how is the gym different. Try to find a new one and don't play the anything you can do I can do game with them, because it will likely change nothing and leave you frustrated. And for the record my one issue with gyms in the past was with screaming, shirtless, meat heads, which the gym I use now (not very often) does not have at it.
2013-08-02 3:28 PM

, Alabama

You know there are people in life who like nothing better than to put other people down. They are unnecessary to your life - hit the eject button!
2013-08-02 3:39 PM

, Alabama

I started off looking at general beginner plans on BT and elsewhere. I also read Joe Friel, but found it all a bit complicated for me at this standard. I then kind of modified a beginner plan to suit me better. I try to train 6 days a week, I run and bike on alternate days during those six days and add in swimming hopefully three times. Week. If I swim in the evening I will do my run or cycle in the morning that day. That is the plan but real life intervenes, so my rest day moves around to accommodate that and I sometimes concentrate on one area, for example I have been swimming a lot this past while because we have had lots of torrential rain which makes it difficult to cycle or run and swimming means I can train with my son. So while I still try to train 6 days a week the training pattern varies. What I do try to consistently do is always cover the race distance in each workout so a swim will be at least 750m, a run at least 5k and cycle at least 20k. This has worked for me in my first season where I am just trying to complete sprint triathlons. However next year I hope to move up to Olympic distance so I will be looking for a good structured plan to train over the winter to get up to that level.
2013-08-03 5:15 AM
in reply to: NMS

User image

Gold Coast, Australia

Thanks for the input everyoe! It sounds like we've all taken a similar approach,cherry-picked off the internet and developed our own flexible plans. I guess the key is to keep it flexible, and relevant to our own situations. I'll let you all know how the whole annual plan idea works out. Tthe way I look at it, even if I ditch it all setting out the plan made me think about my goals, strengths,weaknesses etc. 

Rennay, I think your gym doesn't deserve your business and you are fully justified in telling them to get stuffed (Australian paraphrase). No one has any right to treat anyone like that, is there another gym in the area you could use instead? Your story makes my problem with my gym (terrible taste in music and WAYYYY too loud) seem rather trivial.

2013-08-03 3:36 PM

, Alabama
Why tonight does my bike decide to take a funny turn when I have a race tomorrow!! The front derailleur was rubbing against th chain in high gears so I decided to adjust it, with the help "ahem" of my husband. Half an hour later the gears jam and the chain won't move off the big wheel, then we fix that but it then moves to the middle but won't drop down to the small ring agggghhh! I think (hope) it is now fixed. I had to plead with my husband to actually watch the you tube video and read the section of the book I had read before he "helped" me anymore...... But you know he was trying to be helpful and eventually we got it done..... Deep breath..... I hope it doesn't jam tomorrow but if it jams in the big ring it won't be the end of the world as the course is pancake flat :-)
2013-08-03 5:21 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-08-03 7:24 PM

Extreme Veteran
Good luck, you and the bike will be just fine tomorrow, give them heck.
2013-08-03 8:15 PM

Veteran
Well I got tonight off with a bang, of sorts. I was dropping my son off at his sitters home and we were talking out on her front porch was we always do. Suddenly I heard my son screaming at the top of his lungs, it was that terrified in pain scream that made my blood run cold. I saw a swarm of bees around him as he was frantically trying to get them off. Of course all his movement just angered them even more. In one somewhat smooth and frantic swoop I grabbed him and bodily threw him into the house at the same time yanking the door open with my other hand will all my might. Then the sitter (who is not a small woman) and myself where trying to squeeze into the same doorway together while swatting at the bees.

Once we had both doors closed we both scrambled to get my kids clothing off him to make sure no bees where still on him while I was pounding the mound of cloths to make sure any wayward bee was good and dead. While I continued to give those cloths the beat down of a life time my sitter was literally throwing bags of frozen peas and chocolate candies at my kid to put on the stings.
All the while I’m pounding the cloths with one hand, holding the frozen food with the other, trying to hug and comfort my son with my arm and shoo off the dog. In hindsight we must have looked ridiculous as two grown women freaking out and flailing our arms.

I had just gotten my son calmed down when he started shrieking bloody murder again. Of course I thought more bees where in the house and started the swatting thing all over again but was stopped when my kid pointed to my forehead and said “Bbbbblllllooooooooooddddddddd!!!!!!!!)
Apparently in my haste to get in the house I misjudged the distance between the door and my forehead and got hit hard enough to cause a three inch laceration to my forehead. All this and I had to be at work in 10 minutes. So I got work called and got them informed of my situation getting the OK to be late.

All in all my son got stung six times and I twice. As I’m sitting here at work with a large bandage on my forehead that is already bleeding though I’m getting weird looks from the hospital patients. If it weren’t for my paramedic uniform I could easily be one of the patients.

What a way to start my shift.
2013-08-04 8:02 AM
in reply to: Hubbie

Extreme Veteran
That poor kid, if things don't change for him he's likely to never leave the house and if he does he'll want a bubble

2013-08-04 12:52 PM

New user
Hi everyone,

I did a preview ride & run of my upcoming Tri course today. I am humbled beyond belief. I may have clearly over estimated my fitness level & not trained on enough hills. I am currently sprawled across my bed & may not move for several days. Oy, what have I gotten myself into?!
2013-08-04 2:21 PM
in reply to: Hubbie

, Alabama
Originally posted by Hubbie

Well I got tonight off with a bang, of sorts. I was dropping my son off at his sitters home and we were talking out on her front porch was we always do. Suddenly I heard my son screaming at the top of his lungs, it was that terrified in pain scream that made my blood run cold. I saw a swarm of bees around him as he was frantically trying to get them off. Of course all his movement just angered them even more. In one somewhat smooth and frantic swoop I grabbed him and bodily threw him into the house at the same time yanking the door open with my other hand will all my might. Then the sitter (who is not a small woman) and myself where trying to squeeze into the same doorway together while swatting at the bees.

Once we had both doors closed we both scrambled to get my kids clothing off him to make sure no bees where still on him while I was pounding the mound of cloths to make sure any wayward bee was good and dead. While I continued to give those cloths the beat down of a life time my sitter was literally throwing bags of frozen peas and chocolate candies at my kid to put on the stings.
All the while I’m pounding the cloths with one hand, holding the frozen food with the other, trying to hug and comfort my son with my arm and shoo off the dog. In hindsight we must have looked ridiculous as two grown women freaking out and flailing our arms.

I had just gotten my son calmed down when he started shrieking bloody murder again. Of course I thought more bees where in the house and started the swatting thing all over again but was stopped when my kid pointed to my forehead and said “Bbbbblllllooooooooooddddddddd!!!!!!!!)
Apparently in my haste to get in the house I misjudged the distance between the door and my forehead and got hit hard enough to cause a three inch laceration to my forehead. All this and I had to be at work in 10 minutes. So I got work called and got them informed of my situation getting the OK to be late.

All in all my son got stung six times and I twice. As I’m sitting here at work with a large bandage on my forehead that is already bleeding though I’m getting weird looks from the hospital patients. If it weren’t for my paramedic uniform I could easily be one of the patients.

What a way to start my shift.

Aw poor. You. That sounds awful for both of you. Your sentence about your blood running cold really hit home, there is nothing worse than hearing your child in such pain. I am glad you were there to help him, and hope you are not too badly injured. Chin up tomorrow can only be better, hugs to you both xx
2013-08-04 2:23 PM
in reply to: iamDawnAnderson

, Alabama
You will be. Fine. This is just a confidence blip. Even if it doesn't go as well as you had hoped it will be a good learning experience. I am sure you will do better than you think, we all have that horrible little negative voice that likes to tell us we can't do things. Good luck!
2013-08-04 2:56 PM
in reply to: 0

, Alabama
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

Well I did my race today, the Belfast Titanic Sprint Triathlon. I decided on an early night last night to ensure I was we'll rested, the night went like this:

10.30 off to bed
11.30 too warm can't sleep
12.30. Too cold can't sleep
1.30 pain in leg can't sleep
2.30 pain in wrist can't sleep
3.30 big thunderstorm can't sleep
4.30 toilet visit can't sleep
5.30. Get up for breakfast and shower

Soooooo as you can see. I was really well rested - not! But the excitement and adrenaline kicked in. Got showered had some porridge and banana after a coffee. Packed bag, nibbled on a clif bar and sipped some High 5. Took bike for a short spin round the street to check the gears. All fine. Off we go. It was a bit cloudy but by the time we got there the sun was breaking through. Found my spot in transition got set up and wandered about with my support team of husband and son, chatting to people I knew. The time went in very quickly and it was time to get in the water. I was in the third wave, first wave being the World Police and Fire games, second wave being Olympic distance. I found a space right at the back, to give myself space to get into my rythmn. No panic, those practice open water swims did the trick to ensure I was calm. Pretty soon I was passing people and I was surprised a how quickly we got to the half way buoy to turn. There was a bit of congestion and contact going round the buoy but nothing too awful. Then we were on the home straight but by this time the previous two waves were mixed in with us and quite a lot of contact too place, but I avoided where I could and kicked hard when people swam over my legs so they would know I was there. At the end we had to pull ourselves up onto a ramped pontoon. I was surprised and grateful when the girl in front of me got on then turned round and held out her hand to pull me up. What a lovely gesture, that is why I love this sport. I got on then turned to help whoever was behind me to return the favour but it was all big muscley men who were not going to take help from a girl so I got up and ran to transition. Wetsuit came off easily and I remembered to hold hat,goggles etc in my hand while I pulled the top down so they ended up inside my sleeve, which worked well. Helmet on, bike out and onto the cycle course. This was pancake flat so straight into top gear and didn't change down the whole way. I was passed by the whole world it seemed but I really enjoyed myself and passed a few people. I reminded myself not to go too fast, which would have been easy on such a flat course, to keep something for the run. I didn't allow myself to be freaked by so many passing me and reminded myself to race my own race and to have fun. I felt I made really good time and I was back into transition after 60 minutes overall for swim and bike. I took my time here as I really needed a drink, not yet being able to drink on the bike, I knew this would slow me down but it was very hot by now with the sun beating down so I knew I needed it. Off out to the run. Unfortunately this is where my hips started to play up and get sore (I have osteo arthritis in my hips) so I could not run fast, I had to just keep it slow and pace myself to ensure the pain was bearable and I could last the distance. As I turned the last corner my son (14) started to run along side me on the outside of the barrier encouraging me to the finish. Over the line where my husband was waiting, I was given a medal and a bottle of water and directed to the snacks and free massage. My overall time was 1:37:38, I don't know the split times yet. I was 173/195. I was 3/3 in my age group (50-54) but as the overall female winner was also in that age group (1:09:00) and the second person only beat. Me by 52 seconds I am happy with that.

I had a whale of a time. I went into this event with the mantra "I paid to do this so smile and enjoy it" and that is what I did. I improved on my previous sprint time of 1:45 and am also further up the field having finished 22 from the bottom this time as opposed to 11 from the bottom last time. I am tired and sore and have done nothing but lie on the sofa and eat all afternoon, but I am a very happy bunny :-)

Edited by NMS 2013-08-04 3:02 PM
2013-08-04 4:03 PM

Veteran
Originally posted by NMS

Well I did my race today, the Belfast Titanic Sprint Triathlon. I decided on an early night last night to ensure I was we'll rested, the night went like this:

10.30 off to bed

Soooooo as you can see. I was really well rested - not! But the excitement and adrenaline kicked in. Got showered had some porridge and banana after a coffee. Packed bag, nibbled on a clif bar and sipped some High 5. Took bike for a short spin round the street to check the gears. All fine. Off we go. It was a bit cloudy but by the time we got there the sun was breaking through. Found my spot in transition got set up and wandered about with my support team of husband and son, chatting to people I knew. The time went in very quickly and it was time to get in the water. I was in the third wave, first wave being the World Police and Fire games, second wave being Olympic distance. I found a space right at the back, to give myself space to get into my rythmn. No panic, those practice open water swims did the trick to ensure I was calm. Pretty soon I was passing people and I was surprised a how quickly we got to the half way buoy to turn. There was a bit of congestion and contact going round the buoy but nothing too awful. Then we were on the home straight but by this time the previous two waves were mixed in with us and quite a lot of contact too place, but I avoided where I could and kicked hard when people swam over my legs so they would know I was there. At the end we had to pull ourselves up onto a ramped pontoon. I was surprised and grateful when the girl in front of me got on then turned round and held out her hand to pull me up. What a lovely gesture, that is why I love this sport. I got on then turned to help whoever was behind me to return the favour but it was all big muscley men who were not going to take help from a girl so I got up and ran to transition. Wetsuit came off easily and I remembered to hold hat,goggles etc in my hand while I pulled the top down so they ended up inside my sleeve, which worked well. Helmet on, bike out and onto the cycle course. This was pancake flat so straight into top gear and didn't change down the whole way. I was passed by the whole world it seemed but I really enjoyed myself and passed a few people. I reminded myself not to go too fast, which would have been easy on such a flat course, to keep something for the run. I didn't allow myself to be freaked by so many passing me and reminded myself to race my own race and to have fun. I felt I made really good time and I was back into transition after 60 minutes overall for swim and bike. I took my time here as I really needed a drink, not yet being able to drink on the bike, I knew this would slow me down but it was very hot by now with the sun beating down so I knew I needed it. Off out to the run. Unfortunately this is where my hips started to play up and get sore (I have osteo arthritis in my hips) so I could not run fast, I had to just keep it slow and pace myself to ensure the pain was bearable and I could last the distance. As I turned the last corner my son (14) started to run along side me on the outside of the barrier encouraging me to the finish. Over the line where my husband was waiting, I was given a medal and a bottle of water and directed to the snacks and free massage. My overall time was 1:37:38, I don't know the split times yet. I was 173/195. I was 3/3 in my age group (50-54) but as the overall female winner was also in that age group (1:09:00) and the second person only beat. Me by 52 seconds I am happy with that.

I had a whale of a time. I went into this event with the mantra "I paid to do this so smile and enjoy it" and that is what I did. I improved on my previous sprint time of 1:45 and am also further up the field having finished 22 from the bottom this time as opposed to 11 from the bottom last time. I am tired and sore and have donee nothing but lie on the sofa and eat all afternoon, but I am a very happy bunny :-)

Sounds like you hit it just right. Heat can really take the energy out of you if your not careful about it. But it sounds like you played to your strengths and knocked it out. Great job!!!!!!

2013-08-04 7:16 PM

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by NMS

10.30 off to bed

I had a whale of a time. I went into this event with the mantra "I paid to do this so smile and enjoy it" and that is what I did. I improved on my previous sprint time of 1:45 and am also further up the field having finished 22 from the bottom this time as opposed to 11 from the bottom last time. I am tired and sore and have done nothing but lie on the sofa and eat all afternoon, but I am a very happy bunny :-)

Great Job and way to push through. Also congrats on racing your race and not getting caught up in what others were doing. You completed it very well and really sounds like you pushed yourself to you highest level for the race, which is all any of us can do. Again, great job and way to do yourself and the Turtles proud.

This group has always been great but it just seems to have a different feel as everyone is accomplishing their goals and growing in the sport. Great job to everyone in the group.
2013-08-04 7:17 PM

Extreme Veteran
Alright, here are a few pics of the race and a few others.

(Racine - Chicago Trip 030.JPG)

(Racine - Chicago Trip 093.JPG)

(Racine - Chicago Trip 108.JPG)

(Racine - Chicago Trip 036.JPG)

(Racine - Chicago Trip 136.JPG)

(Racine - Chicago Trip 017.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Racine - Chicago Trip 030.JPG (58KB - 15 downloads)
Racine - Chicago Trip 093.JPG (2834KB - 17 downloads)
Racine - Chicago Trip 108.JPG (52KB - 14 downloads)
Racine - Chicago Trip 036.JPG (52KB - 15 downloads)
Racine - Chicago Trip 136.JPG (53KB - 16 downloads)
Racine - Chicago Trip 017.JPG (52KB - 13 downloads)
2013-08-04 7:36 PM

Extreme Veteran
Sorry for the Giant picture of my daughter, It was supposed to be one of the three of us. That was at the American Girl doll store in Chicago, which was probably the highlight of the trip for her.
2013-08-04 8:29 PM

New user
Originally posted by NMS

10.30 off to bed

Congrats on a good, enjoyable race! Go Turtles!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles - (Beginners, Sprint, 5K, 10K) - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 45