of 76

2011-02-04 1:06 PM
in reply to: #3339269

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: Razorxp Group Is CLOSED
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-04 12:25 PM

Oh that's great, maybe I'll see you there!

Which seminars are you planning on attending? I think I will likely do the Dave Scott one, The Total Immersion and the bike fit ( I want the coupon for a discounted fitting at Fitwerx lol) Plus all the other 'side' bits of course.

Hey - just wondering what is the LP?

Also, where is the Multi Sport Conf. you are talking about in March?
KC

2011-02-04 1:38 PM
in reply to: #3256300

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
LP - Lake Placid.    http://ironmanlakeplacid.com/    Absolutely stunning course, but brutal, IMHO.

Multi sport conference/ expo is in Cambridge, Mass. (Just outside of Boston). March 19. Entry is free for seminars, they also have some clinics. Total Immersion is one of them.

http://www.multisportworld.com/Boston.htm

Edited by cheekymonkeys1 2011-02-04 1:42 PM
2011-02-04 3:51 PM
in reply to: #3339513

User image

Veteran
Mass.
Todays strength training was shoveling two and a half feet off my in-laws roof for two hours.  A roof can hold alot of snow!

We're probably going to do the David Scott seminar, not his clinic though.  Or at least not yet.  We want to see what kind of merchandise they have before we decide on any clinics.  We're guessing they won't sell out, but they might.  Oh well if they do.
2011-02-04 4:02 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team

Just got back from the pool - mix up in the schedule - could not swim - very depressed about it  planned my day around a nice swim before I attend a beginner tri clinic at Running Fit in Ann Arbor Michigan tomorrow. After the clinic from 1-2 I have a lesson booked with Christi Vedejs (she is the swim coach there and was on the US swim team in 1987). I am very much looking forward to it but was hoping to get a nice swim in today. So, now after planning my day around a swim I will fail to get any work out in at all (evening out) and it upsets me.

Ok - enough venting - I guess some people would find it a bit odd that I am pissed because I did not sweat or exercise today - but I miss it if I don't do something. Almost feels like I lose a day and am one day farther from my goals damn it.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. I will check in after I get home from my clinic and lesson on Saturday.

KC

2011-02-04 7:01 PM
in reply to: #3339764

User image

Veteran
kcgolf - 2011-02-04 4:02 PM

Hey Team

Just got back from the pool - mix up in the schedule - could not swim - very depressed about it  planned my day around a nice swim before I attend a beginner tri clinic at Running Fit in Ann Arbor Michigan tomorrow. After the clinic from 1-2 I have a lesson booked with Christi Vedejs (she is the swim coach there and was on the US swim team in 1987). I am very much looking forward to it but was hoping to get a nice swim in today. So, now after planning my day around a swim I will fail to get any work out in at all (evening out) and it upsets me.

Ok - enough venting - I guess some people would find it a bit odd that I am pissed because I did not sweat or exercise today - but I miss it if I don't do something. Almost feels like I lose a day and am one day farther from my goals damn it.

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. I will check in after I get home from my clinic and lesson on Saturday.

KC

kc-  dont let it bother you too much.  it is good to have the fire to want to improve but sometimes you have no control over what you can get done.  it sounds like you are going to have a geat time at the clinic.  i look forward to hearing about what you learned.
2011-02-04 7:04 PM
in reply to: #3338834

User image

Veteran
razorxp - 2011-02-04 8:46 AM I don't think I have any good stories, but I did crash pretty good last year in Knoxville and one of the issues was the road burned through my tri shorts.  After getting some medical attention I decided to wait for my wife and finish the bike with her with my entire left butt cheek hanging out.  Got some funny comments from the Aid workers.  Luckily had a pair of shorts in the transition so I could run without my butt hanging out.  I will ask my wife if anything goofy happen, I tend to zone out on race day.

KC hopefully your migraine is gone.

Deb, the small amount of snow we have got has been a pain (2deg temp -13 wc no fun) I cannot image what our city would do with all the snow you have received.  As for the treadmill if it does not actually injury you it will make you mentally strong.  If you can do a long run on a dreadmill the same distance outside will seam like a walk in the park.

Rob, great job!! Good luck with the brick today.

Scott you better leave this group I think we are all infecting each other through the computer.. LOL  just kidding you keep up the workouts and stay healthy.

how did you crash?   and how was it only your shorts got trashed?

2011-02-04 8:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
45 mins on the trainer tonight.

I have to say, I will be really glad when the HM is over, it's hard trying to mix the two training plans and make it 'fit'. Anyway, Thursdays long run (HIM) is being incorporated into tomorrow's 12 mile run (HM plan). It will again, be my longest to date. Plan on working on eating before the run and then maybe a GU or something around mile 9?

Funny, how your goals change as you train. Last summer when I initially came up with the idea of doing a HM, I wasn't able to run very far/ long and I was thinking 'well, I guess I could run 10 walk 1?'.  Now, as I get further into training, there is NO WAY I will be walking any of it unless I get injured along the way.

So what about everybody else, how have your goals changed?
2011-02-04 8:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
45 mins on the trainer tonight.

I have to say, I will be really glad when the HM is over, it's hard trying to mix the two training plans and make it 'fit'. Anyway, Thursdays long run (HIM) is being incorporated into tomorrow's 12 mile run (HM plan). It will again, be my longest to date. Plan on working on eating before the run and then maybe a GU or something around mile 9?

Funny, how your goals change as you train. Last summer when I initially came up with the idea of doing a HM, I wasn't able to run very far/ long and I was thinking 'well, I guess I could run 10 walk 1?'.  Now, as I get further into training, there is NO WAY I will be walking any of it unless I get injured along the way.

2011-02-05 7:31 AM

User image

Regular
Augusta, GA
Godd Morning everyone....My plan calls for no training today so I am stuck with my daughters B-day party! Just kidding.  I hope everyone is getting the chance to thaw out and get outside.  Stay safe and warm.
2011-02-05 8:04 AM
in reply to: #3340322

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
ltcsh1 - 2011-02-05 8:31 AM Godd Morning everyone....My plan calls for no training today so I am stuck with my daughters B-day party! Just kidding.  I hope everyone is getting the chance to thaw out and get outside.  Stay safe and warm.

Have a great day at the party!
2011-02-05 8:04 AM
in reply to: #3340322

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
ltcsh1 - 2011-02-05 8:31 AM Godd Morning everyone....My plan calls for no training today so I am stuck with my daughters B-day party! Just kidding.  I hope everyone is getting the chance to thaw out and get outside.  Stay safe and warm.

Have a great day at the party!

2011-02-05 8:05 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Good Morning Team.

Off to Ann Arbor Michigan for tri clinic and a swim lesson. I am a bit nervous but I am sure it will be fun, informative and inspirational.

Have a great day everyone.

KC
2011-02-05 8:27 AM
in reply to: #3340066

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-04 8:38 PM 45 mins on the trainer tonight.

6 years ago, I wanted to climb a flight of stairs without panting. Now I want to finish an Ironman and go straight to the food without a stop at the medical tent.

2011-02-05 11:32 AM
in reply to: #3340066

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-04 8:38 PM 45 mins on the trainer tonight.

This time last year, my long runs were 30mins and I couldn't string together more than 2 laps of freestyle.  I was nervous about being able to swim the 400m in my first tri.  Now, 30 mins runs are an easy day and I do more than 400m in my warmup.  Last year my goal was to do ONE triathlon.  Four triathlons later, I'm shooting for a minimum of 4 but probably more because I already have two sprints, one oly I'm going to do, another oly and a HIM I want to do.  There might be some other sprints sprinkled in along the way.  Quite a difference a year makes.
2011-02-05 7:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
Strength training went well today.  Tried lunges or the first time.  Holy cow!  Are ya supposed to feel it in the arms too?

Bike & run brick tomorrow...
2011-02-05 7:38 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Team - long day but a good one.

Tri Clinic in Ann Arbor today.

I had a very nice time and met some very nice people.

After the clinic, I had a 30 minute swim lesson with the Coach there. I got some great feedback, with a few things to work on. I guess I look pretty good so the next step is to work on my drills, work on my head position and keep on going to build endurance and confidence. I am so glad I decided to go. It was a real confidence boost. We took some video and I will be posting to youtube so she can view it. I might even give all of you the links for some feedback (maybe, but you have to be kind LOL)

When I arrived, it was a nice clear day after a 1 hour 15 minute drive. During the clinic the snow started to fall. I am guessing 5 inches fell from the time I arrived to the time I left. The roads were brutal and the drive stressful. I stopped along the way to calm my nerves and I have to confess - stopped at Wendy’s and had a single, fries and a diet coke (oh well - give a guy a break, I was stressed Embarassed) . It took me 3 hours to get home and I was wired so I decided to go for a 35 minute bike ride to shake the drive out of my muscles.

Overall - a nice day and since I stopped at Wendy's today (which I swear I never do) I have decided that tomorrow for the Super Bowl I am going to lay off all the junk food (except for the chilli dogs, nachos, cheese dips, chicken wings and chips) Smile

I do plan on doing a swim, run, weight session in the early afternoon though.

Have a great night everyone.

KC

PS - Coach - are you in Ann Arbor right now? Hope you are not on the roads!

PSS - Go Packers!

2011-02-05 8:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
KC - Sounds like you had a great day at the clinic! I'm liking tomorrow's menu too Wink

My long run was a total disaster today. My knee pain from last weekend returned around mile 4, I pushed on and by mile 6 ish it was feeling slightly better. At mile 8 it was horrendous. I had to walk the last 2.5 miles and quit at 10.5, instead of getting in 12. I am SO dissapointed. I feel like I was doing so well. I'm not sure what the issue is, IT band maybe??? It seems stiff and painful to walk on even now, 10 hours later. Going downstairs really hurts too. If it's the same as last week, it will ease off over the next day or so. Very frustrating.  I have my half marathon in 2 weeks, yesterday I was excited about it, now I'm horrified.

Any ideas?

2011-02-05 9:37 PM
in reply to: #3341034

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-05 9:07 PM KC - Sounds like you had a great day at the clinic! I'm liking tomorrow's menu too Wink

My long run was a total disaster today. My knee pain from last weekend returned around mile 4, I pushed on and by mile 6 ish it was feeling slightly better. At mile 8 it was horrendous. I had to walk the last 2.5 miles and quit at 10.5, instead of getting in 12. I am SO dissapointed. I feel like I was doing so well. I'm not sure what the issue is, IT band maybe??? It seems stiff and painful to walk on even now, 10 hours later. Going downstairs really hurts too. If it's the same as last week, it will ease off over the next day or so. Very frustrating.  I have my half marathon in 2 weeks, yesterday I was excited about it, now I'm horrified.

Any ideas?

Hey Deb.
Thanks for the note.

I wish I could help you with the knee issues - sorry? I hope you are ok. Just make sure you have someone look at it and help you through it. Hang in there.
KC 
2011-02-05 10:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
I am not a doctor OK?  I have IT band issues, at least I had them.  Not at the moment.  Really training hard and no problem.  But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express once and I have learned a thing or two. 

First, never run through acute pain.  Stop.  Hurting ourselves in training is counter productive.
Second, Rest, ice, compression and elevation.  RICE.  Also take Ibuprofen.  Anti inflammatory

IT band pain is almost always on the outside of the knee.  It should lessen and even disappear after the exercise. Is that what happens?

You can treat IT band with stretching.  Rollers.  Also must look at how we run. 
2011-02-05 11:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
It is on the outside of my knee - left outside.It did not stop hurting when I walked. If anything, it feels like it 'seized up' and is now stiff and still painful. Last week, I had similar issues, it took maybe 2 days to feel better.
2011-02-06 9:54 AM
in reply to: #3341180

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-05 11:19 PM It is on the outside of my knee - left outside.It did not stop hurting when I walked. If anything, it feels like it 'seized up' and is now stiff and still painful. Last week, I had similar issues, it took maybe 2 days to feel better.

Check this out.
http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/front/knee/irunnersknee.html

My IT band soreness would come during the exercise then fade to soreness and leave within a couple of hours afterward.  Would feel some tightness when I wasn't exercising but not sore. Then it returned.  

Ice. Rest. Don't push it.  Do what you can do, which is ride a bike (unless that hurts too) and swim.  I am not diagnosing this.  If it keeps up, a visit to a sports medicine clinic would be a good idea. If it is IT band, though, you are going to be told to rest it, ice it, elevate it and take it way easy.  Use rollers. A massage therapist can help.  Sorry, there is no easy or fast fix to IT band. But maybe it isn't that at all.  Maybe it is just aggravated.  Maybe you banged it and it needs a short rest.  I do know that trying to run through injuries is counter productive. 

2011-02-06 1:10 PM
in reply to: #3341180

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-05 11:19 PM It is on the outside of my knee - left outside.It did not stop hurting when I walked. If anything, it feels like it 'seized up' and is now stiff and still painful. Last week, I had similar issues, it took maybe 2 days to feel better.

My wife had IT band problems.  The doc said it's a lot more common in women because of the pelvic bones are wider and so the angle from the hip to the knee is greater.  With that in mind, my wife widened the space between her feet as she ran (she said it was like running with a diaper on) and that seemed to help the pain go away. That's what worked for her so it may be worth a shot.  Hope you can get it cleared up.  I know how frustrating it is to have pain derail you're training.
2011-02-06 3:24 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Happy Super Bowl Sunday Team.

Today - a little swim, run, weights/physio, stretch.

Swim consisted of a lot of drills for head position and breathing. I spent the majority of my time on particular moves and body positions that I brought home from my lesson yesterday. 

Came home and did my weights and physio work for my neck and shoulder. After weights, I ran for a little more than 30 minutes on the mill followed by a good stretch.

Now - time to shower and enjoy the football game.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

KC

2011-02-06 7:16 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
KC I will watch the video as long as your not in a speedo!! LOL

Deb, If it were me I would RICE  (rest ice compress elevate) and then Ice some more.  Where is it hurting in the knee? Also an anti inflamitory may help.

Packers could be on their way 1/2 down..

Edited by razorxp 2011-02-06 7:17 PM
2011-02-06 7:19 PM
in reply to: #3341612

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
cspreiter - 2011-02-06 2:10 PM

My wife had IT band problems.  The doc said it's a lot more common in women because of the pelvic bones are wider and so the angle from the hip to the knee is greater.  With that in mind, my wife widened the space between her feet as she ran (she said it was like running with a diaper on) and that seemed to help the pain go away. That's what worked for her so it may be worth a shot.  Hope you can get it cleared up.  I know how frustrating it is to have pain derail you're training.

Just a question,,,  how does your wife know what its like to run with a diaper on??? lol  Just kidding  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 76