BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-03-16 8:57 AM
in reply to: #4098734

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED

I remember the Chicago R-n-R 1/2 Marathon I did in 2010 and it was like low 80's and sunny.  I have never seen more people hauled away in ambulance than that day.  I think the one thing we do as triathletes is really have an understanding of what can happen to our body's where as the average Joe just goes out and has no idea how to gauge or understand what is going on.  good luck with the race this weekend - I will have to check out those shoes

Skinny Arm Brian - 2012-03-16 5:33 AM

Weather here is so good we are actually getting worried that it will be "too nice" 82 degrees, sunny, hint of humidity. Not for triathletes Wink, but for mere runners.  Unfortunate part of being ont his side of the race is having to worry about crafting the PR message 3 days before a race about someone not surviving the race.

Have good weekend everyone.

2012-03-16 9:03 AM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Expert

Did my second 2500Y straight swim at 75-85% effort and took almost 2:00 minutes off.  Felt good and actually thought i was taking it easier than last time and swimming slower.  I am thinking the slight stroke changes I have been working on are actually helping.

Another long day today with the swim this morning, 45 minute lunch run and then a show tonight from 10pm-2am.  Then back up at 6:30 with Myles.  Fridays (with shows) suck

2012-03-16 1:09 PM

User image

Expert
Got my run in at lunch - another beautiful day.  Must have been almost 80 in the sun.  I was tempted to run with shirt off but just couldn't do it with only being march 16 still - mental thing I guess. So I just sweat my shirt like a pig.  
2012-03-16 7:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Saturday is hard bike indoors and Sunday is a long easy ride outdoors with a swim lesson following.  Swim lessons have been absolutely fantastic. 

I've been running really well lately. - faster than ever with the run club on Wednesday night for a 10K.  Nice form.  2X a week at least. Bike coach cut down from 3 runs when we started our lactate threshold work two weeks ago but I think I should be doing a short brick on Saturdays, 5K or so.     Weight loss continues with Paleo.  Strength exercises with kettlebells have been great.  No complaints.  Life has been really good.
-----

2012-03-16 8:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Hello Team!  Sorry for being MIA- this week was midterms for both the college I work at and the one I attend for my doctorate.  Which meant little sleep for me, as I was struggling through a take-home stats exam.  I did ok with training this week- cut my run on Wednesday short by twenty minutes since I had nothing in the tank from staying up late with homework the night before, and opted to sleep in Thursday instead of going to Masters at 5:30am.  But, I feel much better as a result!

Tomorrow I am running in the last 10k for the Winter Running series...my runs have been great lately, so i hope this one goes well too!  Then it's a 3 hr ride (planning to actually ride to work and home) before I can indulge in a couple green beers!

I thought I'd share this...so my husband is a high school English teacher, and a couple weeks ago he asked to borrow my aero helmet for work...here's what he needed it for- "Superhero Day" http://youtu.be/AqU1F8ojJEw

The kids at the HS LOVE him.  We chaperoned a dance a while back and they all kept saying how they loved his class. 

Enjoy the weather!

Jenny

2012-03-16 8:28 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hey Team. Wow what weather.

Sarah – nice to see you

Tim – did yard work the last two days as well – do you need me for that? Nice swimming my friend.

Brian – glad  you are getting better

Jenn – nice to see you and cool vid, thanks for sharing, keep up the good work.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

KC

2012-03-18 5:56 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

I hope everyone had or is having a great weekend.

Bike/Run brick today - bonked a bit on the short run but I did not have enough breakfast - made it through though.

Now I know this is not picture Monday, Wednesday or Friday - or whatever day that was supposed to be, but I have attached a picture from my ride this morning. This is a view of where the Detroit River pours into Lake Erie. It was a very peaceful ride and an awesome morning. If anyone asks, I was stopped when I took this picture with my blackberry Smile.

BTW - just finished week 7, heading into a recovery week and feeling ok, just a couple of minor aches and pains. I think it is time for a maintenance trip to the Chiro this week.

Have a great week everyone.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-03-18 6:36 PM

(aburgam.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
aburgam.jpg (57KB - 14 downloads)
2012-03-18 8:11 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
2012-03-19 3:24 PM
in reply to: #4092802

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
tmoran80 - 2012-03-12 5:10 PM

Nice job Mandown and good luck with the 1/2 marathon this weekend.

Brian - glad to see you are back up and running.

KC - nice work on the training so far - keep it up.

Scott - I could understand your power numbers but from the looks of it you are kicking .  Great pace times on the run.  

I had a busy weekend again and still managed to get my workouts in so I was pretty happy.  I did miss two small runs during the week but it was a recovery week so I didn't think it would be the end of the world.  Had a great show at Joe's Bar On Weed Street on Saturday.  One of those total rock star shows-haha Sarah ended up coming out but this is now the 2nd time we have both been to an event and not met each other haha.  

On to Week 5......

Can I get your autograph before your too famous!!! lol  how is the training going?

2012-03-19 3:26 PM
in reply to: #4094752

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
saskat - 2012-03-13 4:48 PM
Hey everyone! Long time no post! I am still alive and kicking though, as Tim mentioned.  The show Saturday was great! Next time I will be sure to hop on stage and say hi.  I didn't know the protocol when "you know someone in the band" Smile

My workout this morning was bike intervals: 2x15@95-100%. It sucked  And not b/c it was 15min at 100% but b/c I started and didn't have enough to get through the first interval.  I'm not sure if it's the time change or my crappy eating habits the last couple of days (most likely a combo of both)...but I've been super tired these last couple mornings.  I even had a rest day yesterday!  I'm on the mend today though and had a smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch.  Tonight is a power plate workout that I can hopefully get through without too much problem.  I need to be more disciplined about my diet.  I'm still in the outseason of my training plan, which focuses on short intense workouts, but I have to remind myself that it's not enough to eat whatever I want 

On a different note, I picked up my road bike with newly installed Quarq CinQo today.  I'm super excited to try it out this weekend!  Plans are to ride out in Barrington Saturday morning...will probably do 2 loops for a total of about 50 miles.  It'll be my first ride outside!  Can't believe it's almost 70 today and 80 tomorrow!

Hope everyone is well!
sarah

How did you like your meter?  I would have just jumped on stage and partied with the band..

2012-03-19 4:52 PM
in reply to: #4103521

User image

Expert

yeah I'll autograph your IMNY medal if you ever get your butt back training Wink

How is everything going?

razorxp - 2012-03-19 3:24 PM

Scott - I could understand your power numbers but from the looks of it you are kicking .  Great pace times on the run.  

I had a busy weekend again and still managed to get my workouts in so I was pretty happy.  I did miss two small runs during the week but it was a recovery week so I didn't think it would be the end of the world.  Had a great show at Joe's Bar On Weed Street on Saturday.  One of those total rock star shows-haha Sarah ended up coming out but this is now the 2nd time we have both been to an event and not met each other haha.  

On to Week 5......

Can I get your autograph before your too famous!!! lol  how is the training going?

2012-03-20 10:26 AM

User image

Expert
So I am digging the new Adamo Century saddle.  Took me about a week to get it tweaked but it is great now.  Did 1:45 ride this weekend and had zero discomfort or numbness.  Had an issue adjusting it per the video.  i could have swore it said to start with the seat level.  Had a lot of discomfort due to that.  It ended up being that the seat post rail needs to be level which actually puts the seat at a slight downward angle.  Made a huge difference.
2012-03-20 12:37 PM
in reply to: #4104659

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Team.

Tim - definitely going to order one when the new ride gets here and will lean on you for appropriate installation when I get it if necessary.

Thanks.

KC 

tmoran80 - 2012-03-20 11:26 AM So I am digging the new Adamo Century saddle.  Took me about a week to get it tweaked but it is great now.  Did 1:45 ride this weekend and had zero discomfort or numbness.  Had an issue adjusting it per the video.  i could have swore it said to start with the seat level.  Had a lot of discomfort due to that.  It ended up being that the seat post rail needs to be level which actually puts the seat at a slight downward angle.  Made a huge difference.

2012-03-20 12:57 PM
in reply to: #4104967

User image

Expert

I would order it now so that you have it for when you are fitted for your bike.  otherwise you might have to do it again.

kcgolf - 2012-03-20 12:37 PM

Hi Team.

Tim - definitely going to order one when the new ride gets here and will lean on you for appropriate installation when I get it if necessary.

Thanks.

KC 

tmoran80 - 2012-03-20 11:26 AM So I am digging the new Adamo Century saddle.  Took me about a week to get it tweaked but it is great now.  Did 1:45 ride this weekend and had zero discomfort or numbness.  Had an issue adjusting it per the video.  i could have swore it said to start with the seat level.  Had a lot of discomfort due to that.  It ended up being that the seat post rail needs to be level which actually puts the seat at a slight downward angle.  Made a huge difference.

2012-03-20 3:26 PM
in reply to: #4103678

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
tmoran80 - 2012-03-19 5:52 PM

yeah I'll autograph your IMNY medal if you ever get your butt back training Wink

How is everything going?

razorxp - 2012-03-19 3:24 PM

On to Week 5......

I think you will be signing KC's metal not mine.  I have all but shut down training (hence being a terrible mentor) I snuck out for a 20 mile ride yesterday and there is no way I could run after the bike and that was sitting upright most of the ride.  This back issue causes my hamstrings not to work so everything else just gets twice the work and pain.   Not really a big deal in life just for riding a bike and running. 

I just cannot motivate for a race just to finish, so if I race my goal is to be the last finisher of the 1st ever NYC IM. LOL

We need a list of your performances so we can try and make one! 

Train Safe

Edited by razorxp 2012-03-20 8:18 PM
2012-03-20 4:13 PM

User image

New user
Chicago, IL

Those Adamo saddles are so wide but the guys seem to love 'em!  I sat on one when I got my TT bike it was not comfy Surprised

My first outdoor ride last Saturday was nice but a little rough.  I rode with a few guys from the bike team and boy they were hauling booty.  We did a total of 60 miles and my avg watts were 97% of my threshold. Needless to say, I was a little sore on Sunday and it screwed me up for the bike test this morning.  I scratched the test about 6 minutes in...just didn't have it in the legs to go all out for 20 min.  But I'm gonna try again tomorrow.  It'll be interesting to see how much, if any, my FTP has gone up.

As for the power meter, I like it! Although I'm not sure I calibrated it correctly though b/c at one point during the ride, my watts were 498, and it was on a turn...but only for a second and then it readjusted back to like 150 or something.  I plan on riding with it a few more times before I test with it outside.  Excited to be training with power this season!

Happy Spring, everyone! 

2012-03-20 4:25 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Sarah - thanks for checking in - great to see you and I hope some of the other group members just check in and say hi - I want to know if you are still alive LOL.

Coach - I think you are going to have a bit of competition for that 1st ever last position from yours truly - but if it comes down to it - I will cross in front of you Smile.

Hope everyone - wherever you are and whatever you are doing - is doing well.

KC

2012-03-20 4:54 PM
in reply to: #4105410

User image

Expert

Oh no - Sarah has turned to the dark side and is speaking some foreign language regarding watts, threshold and FTP-haha

saskat - 2012-03-20 4:13 PM

Those Adamo saddles are so wide but the guys seem to love 'em!  I sat on one when I got my TT bike it was not comfy Surprised

My first outdoor ride last Saturday was nice but a little rough.  I rode with a few guys from the bike team and boy they were hauling booty.  We did a total of 60 miles and my avg watts were 97% of my threshold. Needless to say, I was a little sore on Sunday and it screwed me up for the bike test this morning.  I scratched the test about 6 minutes in...just didn't have it in the legs to go all out for 20 min.  But I'm gonna try again tomorrow.  It'll be interesting to see how much, if any, my FTP has gone up.

As for the power meter, I like it! Although I'm not sure I calibrated it correctly though b/c at one point during the ride, my watts were 498, and it was on a turn...but only for a second and then it readjusted back to like 150 or something.  I plan on riding with it a few more times before I test with it outside.  Excited to be training with power this season!

Happy Spring, everyone! 

2012-03-20 4:56 PM
in reply to: #4105335

User image

Expert

So do the doctors think you will ever get 100% of your hamstring use back or is this something permanent?  That really sucks.

razorxp - 2012-03-20 3:26 PM 

This back issue causes my hamstrings not to work so everything else just gets twice the work and pain.   Not really a big deal in life just for riding a bike and running. 

I just cannot motivate for a race just to finish, so if I race my goal is to be the last finisher of the 1st ever NYC IM. LOL

We need a list of your performances so we can try and make one! 

2012-03-20 4:58 PM
in reply to: #4105423

User image

Expert

There was some comedian who used to joke about the person who comes in last for the Olympic marathon and wondered if they thought "man - I could have not even trained for this and come in last" or something like that - pretty funny.

Well even the person who comes in last - is still an Ironman.

kcgolf - 2012-03-20 4:25 PM

Coach - I think you are going to have a bit of competition for that 1st ever last position from yours truly - but if it comes down to it - I will cross in front of you Smile.

Edited by tmoran80 2012-03-21 6:53 AM
2012-03-21 12:08 PM

User image

Expert

It is amazing how with a little hard work and dedication how you can see such improvement week after week.  This is the most consistent I have ever trained and it is really helping.

I had my best swim today and really didn't even plan on it.  My main set was 12 x 100 on 20" rest.  I did the first one rather effortlessly at 1:27 and was like '"what the hell was that!"  The next five I came in at 1:30.  I decided to see if I could maintain the 1:30 for the remaining six and did so even hitting 1:28 twice.  I know the "burn out" is gonna hit me at some point and this progress is gonna slow down but I'll take it for as long as I can get it.

It's weird - I have kind of gotten into a groove after 5 weeks and don't feel as tired as I was.  Maybe it was the reduced week last week?

2012-03-21 12:16 PM
in reply to: #4106705

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team - hope everyone is well.

Tim - I called my bike shop and they have the adamo saddle in stock so I will be able to try one when I get the bike and get fit - whenever that is - soon I hope damn it!

Nice training and swimming. I sure wish I could swim that fast. My best right now is 1:57 for 100 meters - slow I know but but it is getting better.

Keep up the good work and post another video of your swim action for us soon - I would love to see how it has improved.

KC

tmoran80 - 2012-03-21 1:08 PM

It is amazing how with a little hard work and dedication how you can see such improvement week after week.  This is the most consistent I have ever trained and it is really helping.

I had my best swim today and really didn't even plan on it.  My main set was 12 x 100 on 20" rest.  I did the first one rather effortlessly at 1:27 and was like '"what the hell was that!"  The next five I came in at 1:30.  I decided to see if I could maintain the 1:30 for the remaining six and did so even hitting 1:28 twice.  I know the "burn out" is gonna hit me at some point and this progress is gonna slow down but I'll take it for as long as I can get it.

It's weird - I have kind of gotten into a groove after 5 weeks and don't feel as tired as I was.  Maybe it was the reduced week last week?

2012-03-21 5:21 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team - wow what another great day. Even though it is a recovery week for me I was so tempted to run this afternoon even though the plan did not call for it. I put my newtons on, short, garmin, titleist visor and glasses and just when I was gettting ready to go - I decided not to. I remembered a couple of conversations we have had here and while it was tough I talked myself out of it. All I have scheduled for today is a swim which I will do tonight.

I decided to act prudently, listen and stick to my plan. Now, I will say I did a few extra KM on the bike yesterday and may do a few extra meters in the pool tonight but as the Coach and Brian and Tim have told me - don't increase your running too much or you will risk injury. So - no run today - but I did cut my lawn Laughing which I will log later LOL.

Have a great week everyone.

KC

2012-03-22 7:46 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

2012-03-22 8:21 AM

User image

Veteran
Milwaukee, WI

Good morning team!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather!  I have a recovery week AND spring break this week, so I have been enjoying sleeping in (except today, I decided to get up and go to Masters) and getting some rides and runs in outside.  Nothing too crazy, just easy pace rides.  It was 84 degrees here yesterday, it's going to be hard to adjust once things cool down tonight.  I helped my husband coach the girls' HS soccer practice yesterday afternoon- I took the team through some conditioning drills and strengthening, and then helped him work with the JV girls on skillwork.  If I wasn't doing athletic training, I think I would totally be a soccer coach.  It was so much fun helping some of the girls out who haven't played before.  It is going to be REALLY hard to give up soccer this summer.  I haven't gone a summer without soccer since I started playing as a kid.  I'm sure I'll end up sneaking into a game or two here or there...just don't tell my coach.

Training has been going great- my running has improved DRASTICALLY.  The 10k on Saturday was a challenging course with a 7% grade hill that we ran over 3x, and I managed to get a new PR- 48:48!  I felt really strong for almost the entire run, but afterwards I was spent, and my ride later that day was pretty rough.  If only I was seeing the same improvement on the bike...

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Jen

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43