BT Development Mentor Program Archives » crea0029/etknowles's group - CLOSED for now Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 18

2008-12-25 8:55 PM
in reply to: #1857670

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: crea0029's group - CLOSED for now

Very inspiring Amy, but after all I just ate, I cannot even think about it until tomorrow... I did OK until the giant slice of Pumpkin/Turtle Pie.... then the food coma set it...

Rain due here tomorrow, so it may be cross training, but the weights work... inside just as well as outside...

2008-12-25 10:39 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I will be back tomorrow!  I am ready to get back at it and the Tri Santa was very nice to me.  I have a question planned for the group and am looking forward to getting everyone moving again! 

2008-12-26 8:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Spring TX
Karen's (Kew) has been MIA because her mother was admitted to the hospital ealier this week. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

A message from Karen (Kew):

My mother was admitted to hospital on Sunday with pain and nausea. They found out that she had a kidney stone and was going to treat her for that. Late Monday/early Tuesday she suffered, what they think, was a mild heart attach (she also has OCPD). My mother was transferred to ICU on Tuesday. Her blood pressure dropped very low and they rushed her to OR to put a shunt in above the stone to drain the infection. On her way back to ICU she suffered heart failure (septic shock) and was put on a respirator. To make a long story short she is slowly startng to improve, but is very week. Can you please let our group know that I will be off for a time. I am staying at my mom's place for now and will get back to everyone when I am able to return home. Will try to check in when I can. Merry Christmas to all of you. Take care...Karen

Hope that everyone had a great Christmas! Santa gave me a CycleOps fluid trainer so I guess I'll give that a try later today.
2008-12-26 10:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Peg and I will add her to our prayer list...

Down for the count with a lingering head cold...  I did post some more photos on my logs of Tucson before and after Christmas...

Be back later... EK

2008-12-26 11:20 AM
in reply to: #1872444

User image

Extreme Veteran
lufferly - 2008-12-26 8:51 AM

Karen's (Kew) has been MIA because her mother was admitted to the hospital ealier this week. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

A message from Karen (Kew):

My mother was admitted to hospital on Sunday with pain and nausea. They found out that she had a kidney stone and was going to treat her for that. Late Monday/early Tuesday she suffered, what they think, was a mild heart attach (she also has OCPD). My mother was transferred to ICU on Tuesday. Her blood pressure dropped very low and they rushed her to OR to put a shunt in above the stone to drain the infection. On her way back to ICU she suffered heart failure (septic shock) and was put on a respirator. To make a long story short she is slowly startng to improve, but is very week. Can you please let our group know that I will be off for a time. I am staying at my mom's place for now and will get back to everyone when I am able to return home. Will try to check in when I can. Merry Christmas to all of you. Take care...Karen

Hope that everyone had a great Christmas! Santa gave me a CycleOps fluid trainer so I guess I'll give that a try later today.

Yes, tell Karen I agree in prayer with everyone else for her mother. We will pray for recovery, and hope to see her back soon.

Amy IN
2008-12-26 2:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pam - what was that question you wanted to start with???? I'm ready for action. I proabably need some kind of weight loss challenge...ha I game for anything to make things exciting.
I got a lap top for Christmas so it will be much easier for me to log, blog and get information, I am sooooo excited.

Oh, and can you get me the list of group members in the formula we need to use it????

Thanks,

Amy IN

Edited by amy mutz 2008-12-26 6:44 PM

2008-12-26 2:44 PM
in reply to: #1872723

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

amy mutz - 2008-12-26 12:02 PM Pam - what was that question you wanted to start with???? I'm ready for action. I proabably need some kind of weight loss challenge...ha I game for anything to make things exciting. I got a lap top for Christmas so it will be much easier for me to log, blog and get information, I am sooooo excited. Amy IN

Hi All....wanted to pop by and say Hi...and belated MERRY CHRISTMAS! hope you had a great one! will come and visit more later...too crazy here...we have a house full of people! MERRY MERRY!

Edited by Girl Passing on Left 2008-12-26 2:45 PM
2008-12-26 5:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pam - are you ok???? You haven't been on today, well maybe you are working, I will check back later.

Your tri mom Amy.
2008-12-26 6:05 PM
in reply to: #1872234

User image

Extreme Veteran
etknowles - 2008-12-25 8:55 PM

Very inspiring Amy, but after all I just ate, I cannot even think about it until tomorrow... I did OK until the giant slice of Pumpkin/Turtle Pie.... then the food coma set it...

Rain due here tomorrow, so it may be cross training, but the weights work... inside just as well as outside...

Emerson how is your racing schedule shaping up? Last we talked in person you were considering some olympic distances soon??? Have you been able to swim much lately????
Now we have to start thinking about things...
Amy IN
2008-12-26 7:00 PM
in reply to: #1872932

Veteran

Sorry to hear about Karen's mum- she and her family in our prayes. 

Still in the celebratory mode here- with kids home, company, etc etc ( good excuses eh?? ) Went for longish run this morning with some friends- enjoyed the company and again the accountability factor helps when people are expecting you to show up.

Pool time in our area is rather minimal for adult lengths- so wil prob be hit/miss until January.  

And guess will have to hide the goodies- just finished a piece of delicious home-made pecan pie....

-Helen

2008-12-26 7:12 PM

Regular
hi everyone.  got back tonight. i plan on running on my treadmill this weekend. ou rpool is closed for holidays till the 29th. plan on starting the 20 week training on the 29th as well.  sure can use help on losing some weight and eating properly. have about 30 lbs to lose.  you are on my prayer list  kew.  chrsitams was very peacful and i am feeling quite blessed about my life  and my family.  the kids are jumping up and down [palying wii outdoor adventure as we speak.  forgive my typing. looking forward to training with you all.  take care  cath.

2008-12-26 8:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

Good to see us one by one returning from the Christmas events.   My cold is getting better but it is expected to be 25 tomorrow morning and damp so I may skip the run and go Sunday instead.

I see getting some pounds off is one of the goals.  I have taken of just under 40 pounds since I started this effort so I will pitch in my two cents worth from time to time.  When you are 5'5" tall, 40 pounds is more than I needed to carry around...

On a very IMPORTANT note, we are getting one more member!!!!  With the approval of Pam, we are welcoming a new Tri-athlete to our group.  She is my first and favorite niece, Kathryn Deupree, otherwise known as "katod"  She is new to BT and I hope each you take a moment to say hello.  She will fill in her profile with us shortly.  I will leave it t her to tell you all about herself.

So, welcome katod to the fold.  I gave her first inspire...

Pam, you will need to do a new pink block with the names and then post it here so we can copy it into our logs...

More to come later, Emerson...

Edited by etknowles 2008-12-26 9:32 PM
2008-12-26 9:17 PM

Regular
welcome katod.  cath
2008-12-26 9:31 PM
in reply to: #1873087

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ
PS:  Let's get some photos up there...  even if you are a turtle or a hippo or whatever, an avatar is nice... EK
2008-12-26 9:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tucson, AZ

I saw this on Julie's blog and nabbed it...  She will stop by from time to time (girl passing on left) and it is a great thought...

2008-12-26 9:38 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Hi everyone,

This is just a quick drive by.  Glad to see all the chatter.  The hospital has me working a double back 3-11 today and then 7-3 tomorrow so I have very little sleep in my future.  Tomorrow I will post up the first discussion topic.  The big thing I need since I keep getting lots of requests for name boxes is I need anyone who is in for sure (I know there are a few who are busy still right now) wanting to be part of the group to post a message saying so.  I want to make sure I have everyone and know who I can take off the box.  Then I will post the boxes on here tomorrow.  Thanks for the understanding.  This was an emergency call in and I was suppose to be off tonight   The joys of working for a hospital.   See everyone tomorrow!!!

2008-12-26 9:49 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Oh I also forgot... another big important announcement.  Because of his dedication, good solid knowledge on areas I am not so familiar with, and pure enthusiasm and passion towards the sport and life in general, I have asked Emerson to co-mentor with me.  I really feel two is better than one in this case and he has guided me and educated me in areas I have needed help.  So I ask the group for a sign of welcome and acceptance of this and let the show begin!!

Be back tomorrow! 

2008-12-27 7:39 AM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin

Okay ladies and gent

Here we go!  The first official discussion of the mentor group.

As everyone knows this is the end of the old and the start of the new.  We have a new year coming very soon.  My topic that I want to start a discussion on will be a short one but I think an important one.  It is about resolutions.  Almost everyone has set them and pretty much everyone has broken them.  Why is it we set resolutions when the chances of breaking them are so good?  Who is setting a resolution this year and who isn't?  Why are you doing it?  From a mentor group standpoint, what can we do to help you achieve your resolution this year? 

I think this should get the ball rolling!  Next one will be the start of nutrition.

I will put up the name boxes later ( I don't have the computer text codes on this computer).

I'll check back later!

2008-12-27 8:09 AM

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Good morning everyone,

I'm still visiting my husband's family in Cleveland, but I have a little bit of computer time this morning before we set out for another day of "parties".  I've been here since Wednesday, and every day we have a get together with another group.  Today is mostly immediately family, including all of the young nieces and nephews.  It should be fun!

I can not believe it, but it is almost 60 degrees here this morning.  Of course, I didn't bring any shorts to run in!  But I'm still going to go out for a nice run, and hopefully not get too overheated.  I've challenged myself this month to achieve the same mileage as last year, and today should be the day I make the challenge!

Pam, please definitely keep me in the group.  It's been hard to stay active while I'm out of town, but once I get back home again (late tomorrow night), I should get into the swing of things.

As far as resolutions go, I will be making a big one -- training for my first half ironman in May.  The swim part is going to be my biggest challenge.  I just have such a hard time getting myself to the pool!  I have enlisted a friend to help coach me, so I'm going to be leaning on him.  But encouragement from this group would be a big help too -- in all areas, not just swimming.   The volume of training required is more than what I've been doing recently, and I just haven't figured out where I'm going to find the time!  Obviously there will be sacrifices in other areas, plus I'm going to have to suck it up and do some trainer riding. 

I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas, and is getting ready for a healthy new year!

Cheri

2008-12-27 9:01 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pam - I think we all make resolutions because we think we need to improve who we are wheather it is internal or external, we believe it will make us feel better about ourselves, or it will challenge us to take a risk and find out what we are made of, I truly believe we are capable of more than we can imagine. So I will step out and take a risk by saying my goal/resolutions for myself are to lose 30 lbs by May 1st, that is my biggest because I know it will make me faster in every discipline, and cut down on injury to my body. My 2nd is to do the Muncie Enduraton HIM (half ironman) in July and I will sign up in January.
Happy goal/resolution chasing everyone!!!! It is the journey that makes it a grand experience...

Amy IN
2008-12-27 9:04 AM
in reply to: #1873281

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sledge - 2008-12-27 8:09 AM

Good morning everyone,

I'm still visiting my husband's family in Cleveland, but I have a little bit of computer time this morning before we set out for another day of "parties".  I've been here since Wednesday, and every day we have a get together with another group.  Today is mostly immediately family, including all of the young nieces and nephews.  It should be fun!

I can not believe it, but it is almost 60 degrees here this morning.  Of course, I didn't bring any shorts to run in!  But I'm still going to go out for a nice run, and hopefully not get too overheated.  I've challenged myself this month to achieve the same mileage as last year, and today should be the day I make the challenge!

Pam, please definitely keep me in the group.  It's been hard to stay active while I'm out of town, but once I get back home again (late tomorrow night), I should get into the swing of things.

As far as resolutions go, I will be making a big one -- training for my first half ironman in May.  The swim part is going to be my biggest challenge.  I just have such a hard time getting myself to the pool!  I have enlisted a friend to help coach me, so I'm going to be leaning on him.  But encouragement from this group would be a big help too -- in all areas, not just swimming.   The volume of training required is more than what I've been doing recently, and I just haven't figured out where I'm going to find the time!  Obviously there will be sacrifices in other areas, plus I'm going to have to suck it up and do some trainer riding. 

I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas, and is getting ready for a healthy new year!

Cheri

Cheri - enjoy your get togethers with family and friends, the training will be waiting for you when you return.
We will be here for you during your accomplishments and challenges, we will all have them.
Amy IN

2008-12-27 9:07 AM
in reply to: #1873110

User image

Extreme Veteran
etknowles - 2008-12-26 9:36 PM

I saw this on Julie's blog and nabbed it...  She will stop by from time to time (girl passing on left) and it is a great thought...

Hey Emerson I will take credit for this one, I put it on Julies blog and it is very true, don't sacrifice your gifts, use them...and actually I believe everything is a gift.
Amy IN
2008-12-27 10:34 AM

Regular
morning all.   Resolutions:   i had set a goal of 1/2 iron man for june 0f 2008 and fell short But! that being said..... finished a 1/2 marathon, sprint triathlon and swam for the team in a HIM. can you believe I still tried to beat myself up about it?  I struggle with self acceptance.  my goals are daily.  first and formost give myself the gift of self dignity.  I am very capable of doing the athletics it is my head and my heart that get in the way.   my HIM is the end of July with some races in between.  the bike is my probelm and not because I can't do it. it is the fear of being out there with all those screaming cars and trucking whizzing by.  I trying to feel the fear and do it anyway.  lots of prayers. i am still figuring out how to post all my workouts and nutrition ( also a resolution, to take a deep breath and dive into this century aka computers.  i got your messages on my nutrition log, thank you..... it is supposed to be minus 2 celcius here today. going to take the girl skating on the lake.  life is good.   take care  cath
2008-12-27 10:37 AM

Regular
p.s I meant take the "girls" skating.  ok, one omore resolution....... typing lessons...  cath
2008-12-27 12:37 PM
in reply to: #1873329

Regular
hi amy .our goals are similar. lose 30 lbs and july HIM.  lets me know i am not alone.  thanks,  cath
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » crea0029/etknowles's group - CLOSED for now Rss Feed  

of 18