BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2012-01-02 9:39 AM
in reply to: #3965628

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: ---

Brian - awesome story! Looks like we may see each other in Muncie Smile.

Have a great day.

KC

Batlou - 2012-01-01 10:31 PM

Name:  Batlou / Brian

Story:  Weighed in at 290 pounds in March 2008, dropped down to 175 doing Atkins/low-carb.  Raced my first Sprint in 2009, then on to an Olympic in 2010 and my first HIM in 2011.  The natural progression is to step up to a full in 2012, right?  Since I live in Louisville and have ridden and run most of the course several times it only makes sense to make this one my first.  With it being a local race that means my friends and family would be able to attend which is important as well.

I injured my calf playing baseketball in the spring last year which limited my running and made IM Muncie a miserable experience on the run so I am also considering this as a do-over warmup race this summer.

Family Status: 
Married for 16 years with 2 great kids, Son 15 and daughter 12.

Current Training:
Took a couple of months off after Muncie.  This allowed my calf to heal up and I am running pain free for now.  Not much plan right now, just doing whatever sounds fun for the day.  Local tri club is in the USAT Challenge with December being swim focused.  Gave me an excuse to work on my stroke.  Jan is bike focused so I am going to be spending some time on the trainer, sure wish it was warmer.

2010-2011 Races:
  Triple Crown of Running (5K, 10K & 10 Miler), KY Derby 1/2 Marathon, Taylorsville or Cardinal HIM, IM Muncie, IM Louisville and Tough Mudder Kentucky.  Will sprinkle in some other local races here and there but those are the only planned races.

Weightloss:  Currently at 185 from being lazy and eating to much off plan stuff through the holidays.  Plan to get back down to 175 and possibly 165...will see about the later.

Looking foward to getting started, I believe I am going to up m membership here so that I can import the IM plan to my training log.  There are other plans out there but this one looks like it fits my schedule and since it imports in I don't have to worry about that.

2012-01-02 9:41 AM
in reply to: #3965659

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! OPEN

Tim - what a great idea!

Can anyone suggest some Bike DVD's for me? I have to get some. I think they would be better than just watching regular TV for sure.

KC

tmoran80 - 2012-01-01 10:47 PM

So I got my 1:30 trainer ride in this evening - 26 miles on my Spinerval IMWI course ride.  I actually find that dvd to not be that bad and makes the trainer actually tolerable.  Might have to get a couple different course rides to keep it interesting until I can get back out on the road.

So I set up the trainer in the basement with my projector and the riders are actual size so it makes it seem somewhat real.

2012-01-02 9:42 AM
in reply to: #3965731

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Coach - hope you had a great weekend!

razorxp - 2012-01-02 12:07 AM

Hi Everyone looks like we have a few new faces I will read over everything tomorrow,  just got back from a long weekend (in many ways lol)

Lets have a great year!

2012-01-02 9:56 AM
in reply to: #3965805

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Monique and great to have you with us.

What a great story - talk about RFP - WOW!

Listen to Tim on the 10% rule for running. I am convinced that last year I was on the path to injury but his advice to increase slowly was great. (Coach Dave and SkinnyArmBrian also told me the same thing)

I just wanted to run run run so I could catch up and get miles built up, but that will not work. You have to build gradually for sure. I looked at it like this, I would rather run short distances and build then not run at all - that would depress me and I sure as hell don't want an injury to keep me from having a chance to reach my goals. 

What are you doing for the hip flexor? I just bought a foam roller on the advice from Scott and I love it! I am sure he will be able to give you some good ideas to work on that hip flexor.

Great idea hiring a Coach as well - it will be money well spent and keep you on track, training healthy and correctly.

Have a great day Monique.

KC

MoniqueGriffith - 2012-01-02 2:56 AM

Hi there.  I'd love to join this group if it's still open.  Just read through the 4 pages of posts, and there seems to be some knowledgeable people here.  A little about me...

NAME: Monique

FAMILY STATUS: Married for almost 12 years.  1 daughter who is 7, and 2 boxers who are 9 and 11.

STORY: 39 years old. Just started working out in May of 2011 after several years of doing nothing physical.  Two months later, I got into triathlon training with a local group, including some coaches.  I was pretty much the slowest person in the group, but still finished a sprint triathlon in October.  I started exercising because I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer and a 12cm mass in June 2010.  They originally told me I probably had 2-5 years to live as my type only has a 40% survival rate.  Well, screw that!  After several months of chemo, surgery, and rads, I'm now cancer free and have a second shot at life!!  So I'm working to take my health and mental well-being more seriously, and triathlon helps me to set goals and keep my focus.  Also, I am a stay-at-home mom now, having recently "retired" from being a workaholic running my own business.  So fortunately, my hubby is very supportive, and I now have plenty of time to train!!

CURRENT TRAINING:  (Sorry my logs aren't up to date.)  After the group training ended in October, I decided to focus on my running, which is awful. (I'd never even run a full mile in my life until a few months ago.)  I did a little training, and then ran a 10k on Thanksgiving.  I've never done that distance, and managed to somehow injure my hip flexor and spend a week on crutches.  I tend to get injured a lot, and it's really annoying.  So I hired a USAT coach to work with me once/week to help me learn how to train without getting hurt.   He's helping me to work on proper run form plus strength and stability.  I have almost no balance, strength or form, so it's no wonder I was getting hurt.

2011 RACES:  Golden State Triathlon (sprint) in October.  Slow, but not last - yay, me!  10k run in November.  Finished in 1:16:16.

2012 RACES:  Might do the Shamrock HM in March if my hip flexor will tolerate it.  Also planning a race the first weekend of June, but not sure if I'm going with the sprint or Oly.  I'd love to do an Oly this year, but not sure if I should wait til later in the season after I'm trained a bit more.

WEIGHT LOSS:  Went from about 205 a year ago down to 175.  Really need to be at about 145 for a good race weight.  Don't like making weight loss a primary goal, though.

Nice to meet you all, and I'm excited to be a part of a group.  I will also keep my logs up to date starting now. 

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-02 9:58 AM
2012-01-02 10:02 AM
in reply to: #3966008

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Keri - just curious, can you discuss what that saddle did to him?

KC

KeriKadi - 2012-01-02 9:40 AM

Welcome aboard Monique, thank you for sharing your story.

On saddles - My husband had a Cobb and it is a great seat to try out because they give you a 90 day trial but he switched from the Cobb to the Adamo after some significant issues. He thought the Cobb was comfortable but didn't like what it did to him. I had an Adamo for a short time and HATED it, never been in so much saddle pain! But I have a girlfriend built almost exactly like me and she loves her Adamo so it just goes to show it is a very personal choice.

Comfort on the bike has been elusive for me but I keep trying.

2012-01-02 10:07 AM
in reply to: #3943322

User image

Regular
Utrecht

Hey all,

I would love to join the group as well. My details and stuff:

Name: Stijn

Background: Used to play American Football till about 7 years ago. Picked up some bad habbits since quiting including unhealthy diet and smoking. To get it back in control I decided to pick up triathlon last year as a way to support weightloss. And I also quit smoking on November 1st 2010. Loved the sprints I did in 2011 (5 races). Due to an knee injury however I wasn't able to do the planned 1/4 at the end of the season.

Goal for 2012: My prime A race is the XL Triathlon of Gerardmer, France. Which is on the former French 70.3 Ironman course. All other races are to support this goal. Also I wanna lose about 45lbs prior to the race.

Looking for in this group: A place to support and get support. Share the stories about the road ahead called training. Getting and giving tips.

Next I will start to fill the log with my training plan the coming days. In basis it will be 9 blocks of 4 weeks with 8 blocks focussed on the build and 1 on tapering. Each block will consist of 3 build weaks and 1 recovery/relax week. I've learned I need that week to prevent overtraining (both physical as mental).

Yearplan will start tonight with a swim workout.

When not training: Living with my cat Niezel in a small house in Utrecht and work for a large Communication and IT company. However I'm planning to start a new study next September. Following my heart I want to become a maths teacher.

Happy training!

2012-01-02 10:09 AM
in reply to: #3965766

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

OK - one last post - 8 in a row is a bit much I think LOL Smile but I wanted to reiterate what the Coach said about Tim's website - awesome - check it out if you have not already done so.

KC

http://www.thetriathlonreport.com
Your #1 Source for triathlon news and training tips

For the new members to the group Tim runs an awesome website that is triathlon specific and has all the info you could want on one site.  Be sure to check it out!

2012-01-02 10:16 AM
in reply to: #3966149

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

OK - what the hell - 9 in a row LOL but I have to welcome our new friend Stijn.

Welcome to the group Stijn and real cool to have you with us all the way from the Netherlands. Great goals for the year and I am looking forward to sharing the season with you. I love your ambition to change your life path. Good Luck.

What did you do to the knee?

KC

Niezels - 2012-01-02 11:07 AM

Hey all,

Background: Used to play American Football till about 7 years ago. Picked up some bad habbits since quiting including unhealthy diet and smoking. To get it back in control I decided to pick up triathlon last year as a way to support weightloss. And I also quit smoking on November 1st 2010. Loved the sprints I did in 2011 (5 races). Due to an knee injury however I wasn't able to do the planned 1/4 at the end of the season.

Goal for 2012: My prime A race is the XL Triathlon of Gerardmer, France. Which is on the former French 70.3 Ironman course. All other races are to support this goal. Also I wanna lose about 45lbs prior to the race.

Looking for in this group: A place to support and get support. Share the stories about the road ahead called training. Getting and giving tips.

Next I will start to fill the log with my training plan the coming days. In basis it will be 9 blocks of 4 weeks with 8 blocks focussed on the build and 1 on tapering. Each block will consist of 3 build weaks and 1 recovery/relax week. I've learned I need that week to prevent overtraining (both physical as mental).

When not training: Living with my cat Niezel in a small house in Utrecht and work for a large Communication and IT company. However I'm planning to start a new study next September. Following my heart I want to become a maths teacher.

Happy training!

2012-01-02 10:40 AM
in reply to: #3966138

User image

Pro
Houston
kcgolf - 2012-01-02 10:02 AM

KC

On saddles - My husband had a Cobb and it is a great seat to try out because they give you a 90 day trial but he switched from the Cobb to the Adamo after some significant issues. He thought the Cobb was comfortable but didn't like what it did to him. I had an Adamo for a short time and HATED it, never been in so much saddle pain! But I have a girlfriend built almost exactly like me and she loves her Adamo so it just goes to show it is a very personal choice.

He rode it in a century and felt great the whole time. However, you know that numb feeling guys get after riding for a few hours? Well, his lasted three WEEKS! Let's just say he could go to the 'party' but was not able to fully 'celebrate' if you catch my drift. For THREE WEEKS! Which I will admit was fun at first but became exhausting! He went to a doc who told him he sees this in cyclists all the time and there is NO cure/fix sometimes it gets better, some times it does not. He was told to stop all cycling until he had 100% feeling which took a while. We sold the saddle and he's been on an Adamo ever nice with no problems.
2012-01-02 11:53 AM
in reply to: #3966159

User image

Regular
Utrecht
kcgolf - 2012-01-02 5:16 PM

OK - what the hell - 9 in a row LOL but I have to welcome our new friend Stijn.

Welcome to the group Stijn and real cool to have you with us all the way from the Netherlands. Great goals for the year and I am looking forward to sharing the season with you. I love your ambition to change your life path. Good Luck.

What did you do to the knee?

KC

ty ty

In regard to my knee. I've learned the hard way that I need to listen to my body. So I basically overtrained it, causing an irritation on an outher knee string of my left knee. No longer being able to run or bike anymore without getting a stinging pain in the knee. Luckily some recovery excersizes and a lot of rest later I'm completly pain free. And a bit wiser not to train to hard.

Planning to spam a bit after my training tonight

Stijn

2012-01-02 12:02 PM
in reply to: #3966192

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
KeriKadi - 2012-01-02 10:40 AM

KC

He rode it in a century and felt great the whole time. However, you know that numb feeling guys get after riding for a few hours? Well, his lasted three WEEKS! Let's just say he could go to the 'party' but was not able to fully 'celebrate' if you catch my drift. For THREE WEEKS! Which I will admit was fun at first but became exhausting! He went to a doc who told him he sees this in cyclists all the time and there is NO cure/fix sometimes it gets better, some times it does not. He was told to stop all cycling until he had 100% feeling which took a while. We sold the saddle and he's been on an Adamo ever nice with no problems.

Love Adamo.  Got me back on the bike after prostate cancer and it's all I'll ever use.  Before you give up on one, make sure it's installed right so you are on your sit bones. It's the most comfortable I've found. I've been on since 2006 long before they became the rage on the tri circuit.  Tons of pros use them.  Armstrong used one on his tt bike his last year.

2012-01-02 12:04 PM
in reply to: #3966330

User image

Expert

Welcome to the group! 

I am curious... what the hell is spamming?  Are you computer hacker? haha

Niezels - 2012-01-02 11:53 AM 

Stijn

2012-01-02 12:04 PM
in reply to: #3965806

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
tmoran80 - 2012-01-02 3:00 AM

I have been looking to get a new seat.  Not sure if I should go with the Adamo or Cobb V Flow?  So you highly recommend the Century?

razorxp - 2012-01-01 11:40 PM
MANDOWN - 2012-01-01 11:03 AM

First work out od the year was 20 miles on the bike this morning, was actually pretty nice out. tried out my new adamo century saddle and it felt great, i think I need to move it up about a 1/4 inch but it was suprisingly comfortable for the first time on it..............felt like going further but had to get to church with the famiy,, happy new year.................

I tried both and like the adamo, I have a spare one on my backup bike if you ever want to borrow it before purchasing it. The saddle seems to be a love/hate with people very little middle ground.  I can ship it anytime.

I love my adamo if riding in aero. If riding in a pace line sitting up its not the most comfortable seat but still the best seat out there for me (think ICEman too)

Edited by razorxp 2012-01-02 12:20 PM
2012-01-02 12:06 PM
in reply to: #3965628

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: ---

Brian - I am using the Don Fink IronFit Competative program and have put it on a spreadsheet format that allows it to be uploaded to BT trainign log.  SkinnyArm Brian used that program last year and I think he really liked it - or at least his time reflected it-haha.

Let me know if you are interested and I can e-mail it to you.

Batlou - 2012-01-01 9:31 PM

Name:  Batlou / Brian

Story:  Weighed in at 290 pounds in March 2008, dropped down to 175 doing Atkins/low-carb.  Raced my first Sprint in 2009, then on to an Olympic in 2010 and my first HIM in 2011.  The natural progression is to step up to a full in 2012, right?  Since I live in Louisville and have ridden and run most of the course several times it only makes sense to make this one my first.  With it being a local race that means my friends and family would be able to attend which is important as well.

I injured my calf playing baseketball in the spring last year which limited my running and made IM Muncie a miserable experience on the run so I am also considering this as a do-over warmup race this summer.

Family Status: 
Married for 16 years with 2 great kids, Son 15 and daughter 12.

Current Training:
Took a couple of months off after Muncie.  This allowed my calf to heal up and I am running pain free for now.  Not much plan right now, just doing whatever sounds fun for the day.  Local tri club is in the USAT Challenge with December being swim focused.  Gave me an excuse to work on my stroke.  Jan is bike focused so I am going to be spending some time on the trainer, sure wish it was warmer.

2010-2011 Races:
  Triple Crown of Running (5K, 10K & 10 Miler), KY Derby 1/2 Marathon, Taylorsville or Cardinal HIM, IM Muncie, IM Louisville and Tough Mudder Kentucky.  Will sprinkle in some other local races here and there but those are the only planned races.

Weightloss:  Currently at 185 from being lazy and eating to much off plan stuff through the holidays.  Plan to get back down to 175 and possibly 165...will see about the later.

Looking foward to getting started, I believe I am going to up m membership here so that I can import the IM plan to my training log.  There are other plans out there but this one looks like it fits my schedule and since it imports in I don't have to worry about that.

Edited by tmoran80 2012-01-02 12:06 PM
2012-01-02 12:07 PM
in reply to: #3965805

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Hi there.  I'd love to join this group if it's still open.  Just read through the 4 pages of posts, and there seems to be some knowledgeable people here.  A little about me...

FAMILY STATUS: Married for almost 12 years.  1 daughter who is 7, and 2 boxers who are 9 and 11.

STORY: 39 years old. Just started working out in May of 2011 after several years of doing nothing physical.  Two months later, I got into triathlon training with a local group, including some coaches.  I was pretty much the slowest person in the group, but still finished a sprint triathlon in October.  I started exercising because I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer and a 12cm mass in June 2010.  They originally told me I probably had 2-5 years to live as my type only has a 40% survival rate.  Well, screw that!  After several months of chemo, surgery, and rads, I'm now cancer free and have a second shot at life!!  So I'm working to take my health and mental well-being more seriously, and triathlon helps me to set goals and keep my focus.  Also, I am a stay-at-home mom now, having recently "retired" from being a workaholic running my own business.  So fortunately, my hubby is very supportive, and I now have plenty of time to train!!

CURRENT TRAINING:  (Sorry my logs aren't up to date.)  After the group training ended in October, I decided to focus on my running, which is awful. (I'd never even run a full mile in my life until a few months ago.)  I did a little training, and then ran a 10k on Thanksgiving.  I've never done that distance, and managed to somehow injure my hip flexor and spend a week on crutches.  I tend to get injured a lot, and it's really annoying.  So I hired a USAT coach to work with me once/week to help me learn how to train without getting hurt.   He's helping me to work on proper run form plus strength and stability.  I have almost no balance, strength or form, so it's no wonder I was getting hurt.

2011 RACES:  Golden State Triathlon (sprint) in October.  Slow, but not last - yay, me!  10k run in November.  Finished in 1:16:16.

2012 RACES:  Might do the Shamrock HM in March if my hip flexor will tolerate it.  Also planning a race the first weekend of June, but not sure if I'm going with the sprint or Oly.  I'd love to do an Oly this year, but not sure if I should wait til later in the season after I'm trained a bit more.

WEIGHT LOSS:  Went from about 205 a year ago down to 175.  Really need to be at about 145 for a good race weight.  Don't like making weight loss a primary goal, though.

Nice to meet you all, and I'm excited to be a part of a group.  I will also keep my logs up to date starting now. 

Wow what a story! Glad to have you.   On the injury front its seems to be part of the game as everyone I know has been through some injury if not multiple. 

2012-01-02 12:11 PM
in reply to: #3966149

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
Niezels - 2012-01-02 11:07 AM

Hey all,

Happy training!

Welcome aboard, that is what we are here for support and to bounce ideas off each other.

2012-01-02 12:13 PM
in reply to: #3966351

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
tmoran80 - 2012-01-02 1:04 PM

Welcome to the group! 

Stijn

I didn't catch that tim????? NO Hackers allowed lol  unless you can sneak me into Kona this year!

2012-01-02 12:21 PM
in reply to: #3966192

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Keri.

OUCH! A party with no celebration = Frown

Yes I know that numb feeling and can relate Embarassed - Thanks for sharing and I think you are going to fit right in here LOL.

I am definately getting a new saddle when the new Shiv shows up this spring Smile - actually maybe I should get it now for my trainer rides this winter - (can I have a group opinion on this?). It just dawned on me, trainer rides mean hardly no standing and absolutely all sitting.  It could be a good idea to test it now right?

KC

KeriKadi - 2012-01-02 11:40 AM

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-01-02 12:40 PM
2012-01-02 12:29 PM
in reply to: #3966127

User image

Regular
kcgolf - 2012-01-02 7:56 AM

Good Morning Monique and great to have you with us.

What a great story - talk about RFP - WOW!

Listen to Tim on the 10% rule for running. I am convinced that last year I was on the path to injury but his advice to increase slowly was great. (Coach Dave and SkinnyArmBrian also told me the same thing)

I just wanted to run run run so I could catch up and get miles built up, but that will not work. You have to build gradually for sure. I looked at it like this, I would rather run short distances and build then not run at all - that would depress me and I sure as hell don't want an injury to keep me from having a chance to reach my goals. 

What are you doing for the hip flexor? I just bought a foam roller on the advice from Scott and I love it! I am sure he will be able to give you some good ideas to work on that hip flexor.

Great idea hiring a Coach as well - it will be money well spent and keep you on track, training healthy and correctly.

Have a great day Monique.

KC

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Upon the advice of my coach, I did get a foam roller, and am using that on my hip.  Other than that, it's just being careful while training.  Also proper warm-ups, etc.  But it just seems to take a long time to heal.  I had to wait over a month to do any running, and it was torture.  So yes, I would rather run short and easy and prevent injury.  Must. Remember. That.

2012-01-02 12:50 PM

User image

SE North Carolina

I dont think Im that experinced of a rider to make recommendations, ive had a few seats but the adamo is by far the most comfortable Ive tried yet. It felt better right from the get go, the century is a little wider than some of the other adamo models and it also has the gel. I hope to do the white lake half ironman this may, that gives me 4 months to train for it, Im running the quintilles half marathon in March here in wilmington so i think that will help me alot for the half ironman.

One of the biggest questions that ive had from looking at the training some people post is should I train for time or distance, in other words when i go for a ride, should i try to focus on time in the saddle or have a distance im looking for prior to the ride, the same for running, should i go for a set distance or should I run for lets say an hour....

thanks

2012-01-02 1:01 PM
in reply to: #3966436

User image

Pro
Houston
MANDOWN - 2012-01-02 12:50 PM

I dont think Im that experinced of a rider to make recommendations, ive had a few seats but the adamo is by far the most comfortable Ive tried yet. It felt better right from the get go, the century is a little wider than some of the other adamo models and it also has the gel. I hope to do the white lake half ironman this may, that gives me 4 months to train for it, Im running the quintilles half marathon in March here in wilmington so i think that will help me alot for the half ironman.

One of the biggest questions that ive had from looking at the training some people post is should I train for time or distance, in other words when i go for a ride, should i try to focus on time in the saddle or have a distance im looking for prior to the ride, the same for running, should i go for a set distance or should I run for lets say an hour....

thanks

Regarding the seat - I would be worried about moving a seat back and forth from a training bike to a riding bike. I say put the 'good' saddle on the bike you spend the most time on. Since it sounds like you are living on the trainer through winter definitely put it there. Just make sure you spend some road time on it several times before your first race. My Adamo was installed by the bike shop where I bought it by a fit 'expert' I think the saddle is simply too wide for my geometry, I need a narrow saddle.

Others may have a different take on this. When I was with a coach he had me go for time. This theory was he wanted me to have a warm up and cool down and didn't want me to gas out. The goal was to run negative splits every single time. If he said "run 3 miles" I might have tried to run fast to get it over with but if he says "run 40 minutes" I have to run 40 minutes no matter what.

I am doing the BT online coaching. The questionaire asked for my speeds in SBR and for my plan it gives me a distance AND time. For instance it will say Bike 1hr 28m / 23.5 miles. Now, sometimes one works and the other doesn't. For instance if it is windy I am not going to be going 16 mph. For me the goal is to meet BOTH so I will plan to go the time AND the distance so if one is a little over that is OK. The bike I just posed is supposed to be my ride this Sunday but honestly it will more likely be a 1 hr 45m / 28 mile ride. On the bike considering my fitness I think that is OK but with running, because I am prone to injury, I am more likely to try to hit the actual targets.

Keep in mind also that you may want to have different runs so for an easy recovery run you may want to focus more on the time and less on the distance so you are not pressured to go fast when you should be taking it easy and if you have a harder run you might want to go a set distance so you try to go faster.

2012-01-02 1:22 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
MANDOWN - 2012-01-02 1:50 PM

thanks

I have a great answer, it depends!  if you are a MOP racer it really does not matter but if you are a FOP most tend to go for distance and if your a  BOP most will go for time.  I can argue either way but a FOP can run 26 miles in the time it takes a BOP to run 10 miles so they would be destroying their body.  On the other hand you don't want someone doing a 7/8 hour run to get their 20 mile run in.

Hope that helps! 

2012-01-02 2:16 PM

User image

Expert

I think Dave nailed it with "it depends".  My thinking is that if you go by time you need to have a defined "effort" that you are shooting for.  I  have always been a "mileage" or "distance" guy but with this Fink IM plan I have really had to change my way of thinking.  Most of the training is in Zone 2 HR so it makes it pretty easy to just do a 45 minute run staying in Zone 2.  One workout might be 4.5 miles - the next might be 4.25.  The one thing I really have liked about it is it MAKES ME NOT OVERTRAIN and I also don't have any "junk" mileage.  

I find that if I just go out and do a planned 4 miler, I run harder than I should.

Basically it is all personal preference.  Maybe you should try each one and see which one works for you

MANDOWN - 2012-01-02 12:50 PM

thanks

2012-01-02 2:46 PM
in reply to: #3966382

User image

Regular
Utrecht
razorxp - 2012-01-02 7:13 PM
tmoran80 - 2012-01-02 1:04 PM

Welcome to the group! 

Stijn

hmmmm. I guess it is a Dutch term afterall where everybody over here thinks it's common English....

It's nothing more that posting a lot of (nonsence) text. Like this....

I didn't catch that tim????? NO Hackers allowed lol  unless you can sneak me into Kona this year!

2012-01-02 3:01 PM

User image

Regular
Utrecht

@Kerikadi: Actually kinda funny story. :P

I currently have a fi'zi:k Antares K:ium saddle which works for me for the moment. In normal road (race) position it is perfect for me. Was able to complete a 250KM hilly bike ride with it last summer without any issue. However when I use my TT bars I get in a less comfortable position. When scooping up a bit to the front I might wish for the numb feeling a bit. This might be from bad bike configuration overall. But this will need some testing. Anyone else with the same issue?

@KC: I would test it now instead of waiting till spring. This goes beside the fact that everyday is a good day to get new goodies. In general I think it is the best period overall to test new stuff.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp & KCgolf RFP group! CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 43