BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 28

2013-06-01 9:30 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- OPEN
Good luck on ur race. I ran today and got in Bikram yoga the last two days. Hit my run with 3 addtl mile midweek still lacking the long bike ride and long swim this week. Feeling pretty good but my legs were quite like lead this morning.

2013-06-01 9:31 AM

Good luck on ur race. I ran today and got in Bikram yoga the last two days. Hit my run with 3 addtl mile midweek still lacking the long bike ride and long swim this week. Feeling pretty good but my legs were quite like lead this morning.

2013-06-01 9:52 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Welcome to the group Michelle! How did your HIM go? I am assuming you are doing IMWI?

Also love your pic in front of the VAB at Kennedy Space Center. I managed project at Launch Pad 38B for the Constellation program lightning towers if you are familiar with it? I spent a lot of time down there and always wished I had my bike haha! Awesome.

Originally posted by mkennedy0525

Do you have room for one more?

I am pretty new to triathlons. I did my first sprint almost 1 year ago and on May 5 of this year I did my first HIM. I am registered to do my first full on September 8, 2013. (I know I am crazy)

Michelle

Edited by tmoran80 2013-06-01 10:05 AM
2013-06-01 10:00 AM
in reply to: phishinphan

User image

Expert
Pierce - your comment about aches and pains reminds of when of first year of training. At my masters swim group there are a couple guys who are just awesome triathletes - sub 10 hour Ironmans. Anyways I was having some pain or ache and was asking one of them if they ever had that and his response was "I have some type of pain all the time" haha. After that I realized with all the training we do something is going to be hurting or aching and if it isn't you might not be pushing hard enough. The key is to realize the difference between training aches actual injury aches. Going with the ice is a good habit and will help. Foam roller is another thing to do regularly.

As far as when to do the HIM - just go with your gut. Probably a good idea to get a couple more races especially an Olympic under your belt. I remember my first olympic after doing a sprint and was amazed at how much a difference in effort there was.

Originally posted by phishinphan

Good morning everyone! I'm glad to see the group together again! The summer is coming in full force this week in sunny South Carolina. My training has been going pretty well. I'm getting faster and my endurance is building. I have a few aches and pains that I have to ice regularly but so far it hasn't become a limiter.

I've been thinking about my goals for Tri - year 1 and think I might hold off on the HIM until year 2. I think I'll do a couple more sprints this year, maybe an international if I can find one late season and look for a HM early spring. Then next year I have my eye on 2 HIM, one spring in Florida and one Fall in either Augusta or B2B in NC.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
2013-06-01 10:03 AM
in reply to: bmaldonado

User image

Expert
Brandy - are you trying to pad your post stats haha. Are you gonna try and get a long bike ride in this weekend?

Originally posted by bmaldonado

2013-06-01 10:11 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Ok so I have my Chicago Marathon corral qualifying 13.1 tomorrow morning and for some reason I am really nervous. Almost more nervous then I was for IMWI last year haha. Weather is going to be absolutely perfect for running with a high of 60 and cloudy. I drove the course last night after packet pick up and they said on the website it was flat course but I was actually surprised at the amount of rolling hills and one serious climb.

Corral D qualifying time is 1:55:59 (8:50 pace) and Corral C qualifying time is 1:48:59 (8:18 pace). I am torn on what to shoot for. I am thinking of splitting the difference and and then seeing how I feel after 8 miles.

If anyone is interested you can track me here http://www.northshorehalf.com/raceinfo/timing-and-awards/. My bib is 1164 - Tim Moran. Maybe it will give me a little extra RFP knowing some of you are watching me haha!

KC - you are racing tomorrow also right? Good luck on your first tri this year. Did you get the new carbon aero bars installed?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Edited by tmoran80 2013-06-01 10:13 AM

2013-06-01 10:12 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Good luck with your race KC, hope you kick butt and have fun in the process!
2013-06-01 2:54 PM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Tim.

Thanks and good luck to you as well. I think you have the right idea and I am sure you are going to rock it!

KC
Originally posted by tmoran80

Ok so I have my Chicago Marathon corral qualifying 13.1 tomorrow morning and for some reason I am really nervous. Almost more nervous then I was for IMWI last year haha. Weather is going to be absolutely perfect for running with a high of 60 and cloudy. I drove the course last night after packet pick up and they said on the website it was flat course but I was actually surprised at the amount of rolling hills and one serious climb.

Corral D qualifying time is 1:55:59 (8:50 pace) and Corral C qualifying time is 1:48:59 (8:18 pace). I am torn on what to shoot for. I am thinking of splitting the difference and and then seeing how I feel after 8 miles.

If anyone is interested you can track me here http://www.northshorehalf.com/raceinfo/timing-and-awards/. My bib is 1164 - Tim Moran. Maybe it will give me a little extra RFP knowing some of you are watching me haha!

KC - you are racing tomorrow also right? Good luck on your first tri this year. Did you get the new carbon aero bars installed?

2013-06-01 10:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Good luck with your HM Tim, sounds like you have a good solid plan. What time is the race on?

2013-06-01 10:50 PM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Welcome to the group Michelle!
2013-06-01 10:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Had a good run today, the seering pain I felt in my legs last week on my first run back was gone. Only did 5.8 kms but I'm happy with that.

Happy Sunday everyone!

2013-06-02 12:04 PM

User image

Expert
1:47:12!! I had a great race even though it pretty much rained the whole time. The temps were cool so I didn't have to worry about over heating. I really focused on angles of the course and being efficient - GPS came up 13.12 miles so I know I did a good job. First couple miles really felt great so I decided to just go with it. It got tough around mile 10 and I was hoping I wasn't going to regret pushing it but I just hung in there and got a late second wind.

Splits were:
1. 8:14
2. 8:05
3. 8:07
4. 8:03
5. 8:11
6. 8:07
7. 8:07
8. 8:09
9. 8:09
10. 8:12
11. 8:21
12. 8:20
13. 8:18

I still feel like I had a little left in the tank as I wasn't exhausted when I crossed so I am really looking forward to this summer and starting my marathon training so I get this 4:00 monkey off my back haha!
2013-06-02 5:02 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Awesome Job Mentor WAY TO GO!

1:47:12!! I had a great race even though it pretty much rained the whole time. The temps were cool so I didn't have to worry about over heating. I really focused on angles of the course and being efficient - GPS came up 13.12 miles so I know I did a good job. First couple miles really felt great so I decided to just go with it. It got tough around mile 10 and I was hoping I wasn't going to regret pushing it but I just hung in there and got a late second wind.

Splits were:
1. 8:14
2. 8:05
3. 8:07
4. 8:03
5. 8:11
6. 8:07
7. 8:07
8. 8:09
9. 8:09
10. 8:12
11. 8:21
12. 8:20
13. 8:18

I still feel like I had a little left in the tank as I wasn't exhausted when I crossed so I am really looking forward to this summer and starting my marathon training so I get this 4:00 monkey off my back haha!
2013-06-02 5:04 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hello Team.

Check it out - I actually won my age group today in the place my BOP career started 3 years ago with Coach Dave. The Belle River Sprint Triathlon - 1st place 50-54 age division Times - Swim 12:16 Bike 37:56 Run 26:18 Total time with transitions 1:18:43.

Long week of work ahead but I will do my best to get my workouts in

KC

(BelleRiverresults.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
BelleRiverresults.jpg (108KB - 10 downloads)
2013-06-03 12:09 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Great job on your results Tim and KC!!!! You guys ROCK!!
2013-06-03 12:12 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Happy Monday Team!

Back in the pool for me today for the first time in ages. The first 300m nearly killed me till I got warmed up, haha. Ended up doing 1600m. Pretty happy with that. Only two full weeks and then I start my official IM plan, I am SO EXCITED!!

Wishing everyone a great week of workouts!

2013-06-03 7:06 AM

User image

Veteran
Hilliard, OH

Welcome to the group Michelle! How did your HIM go? I am assuming you are doing IMWI?

Also love your pic in front of the VAB at Kennedy Space Center. I managed project at Launch Pad 38B for the Constellation program lightning towers if you are familiar with it? I spent a lot of time down there and always wished I had my bike haha! Awesome.

Originally posted by mkennedy0525

Do you have room for one more?

I am pretty new to triathlons. I did my first sprint almost 1 year ago and on May 5 of this year I did my first HIM. I am registered to do my first full on September 8, 2013. (I know I am crazy)

Michelle

Actually my full will be Rev3 Cedar Point (not an official "Ironman" but very family friendly).
The HIM was FATASTIC! I really hope they get the chance to do that race again. The scenery was breath-taking. The whole experience was wonderful. We got to ride with the roads completely closed to ALL traffic!
2013-06-03 10:20 AM
in reply to: mkennedy0525

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi Everyone!

Great job to Tim and KC for your awesome races this weekend!!!!!!

Michelle, I too like your profile pic. Heard great things about the Cedar Point race.

My coach had me take a nice recovery week last week and I only managed to get in 6.5 hours of training however I did get in a lot of yard work instead. Now that training will start back up, no more yard work! Not quit sure which one is the better deal. The only issue I have is that she hasn't schedule a day of rest for me during the next 2 weeks. Does that sound right? Granted I am only doing 11 and 12 hours of training during those weeks but I would think I still need a day of rest.

I came up with a great mental game to help with my focus, try not to scratch where you have poison ivy. Yes, I have poison ivy and I am trying so hard not to scratch it but it is soo difficult.

Have a great week!
KTC - Kathy
2013-06-03 11:48 AM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Expert
trick I learned from an Army Airborne Ranger neighbor - hold the area under the HOTTEST water you can possibly handle for a minute or two. It does something to the histamines or something but when I had it it was the only thing that would give me relief for a little bit. Good luck.

Originally posted by krazytallchick
I came up with a great mental game to help with my focus, try not to scratch where you have poison ivy. Yes, I have poison ivy and I am trying so hard not to scratch it but it is soo difficult.
2013-06-03 11:50 AM

User image

Expert
Awesome work KC and I am sure that was a great feeling to see your hard work payoff. Overall how were your times compared to your first year there? You must have crushed it. Maybe it was those new carbon aerobars ?

Originally posted by kcgolf

Hello Team.

Check it out - I actually won my age group today in the place my BOP career started 3 years ago with Coach Dave. The Belle River Sprint Triathlon - 1st place 50-54 age division Times - Swim 12:16 Bike 37:56 Run 26:18 Total time with transitions 1:18:43.

Long week of work ahead but I will do my best to get my workouts in

KC
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress)- CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 28