Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are STILL doing Ironman distances this month!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 65

2010-04-24 1:53 PM
in reply to: #2813871

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Subject: RE: The Ghoulies are STILL doing Ironman distances this month!!!
iowagander - 2010-04-24 1:15 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 6:53 AM Good morning Ghoulies!

Is it wrong that I paid my daughter $0.50 to make my toast and chocolate milk this morning? I think she may have done it for less, too.

I was going to do a 40 mile bike ride to a friends house today. That plan has been scrapped because I feel like crap, and my hamstring is still a bit sore.

So now the plan is to stay home and do a whole lot of nothing.

I'll check back later.

Ann, what are you thinking paying your daughter $0.50 to make your breakfast??? You should have told her that she had two choices: 1) Make mamma's toast or 2) find a new place to live.

Seriously though, I hope the hammy's better soon. Do you have any stretches that have been helping at all?

She's a good kid, she'd have done it for nothing if I'd have asked. I was joking when I offered money so she held me to it.

2010-04-24 1:57 PM
in reply to: #2791404

User image

Champion
So I didn't exactly get the day in bed I had hoped for. That may still come tomorrow.

My sister and her family came up to Gettysburg. They have a Greyhounds in Gettysburg weekend every spring. My sister adopted a greyhound last year so they came up for the parade, and to shop.

We met them there, watched the parade, we ate, and I got to spend time with my niece and nephew.

My brother in law had shown me a geocaching app at Easter. They told me there were a few caches' nearby so I took my nephew and daughter and we went exploring. We found 4 caches's. There was one that was missing. We did have a problem with ticks, I hope we have them all off now.

I ended up taking the kids to a store to buy some trinkets to leave in cache's if they wanted to trade something. On the way home my daughter and I stopped and found a cache that my son and I couldn't find a few weeks ago. She loved it and wanted to keep going. I need to take a nap.

We had a lot of fun though and I hope to take the kids to do a lot more this summer. We might even start our own.

We even found a travel bug, a cache that is tracked. We just looked it up and it came from Wisconsin. We re trying to think of a good place to take it.

Hope everyone else is having a great Saturday!

Edited by ironannekidd 2010-04-24 2:00 PM
2010-04-24 2:15 PM
in reply to: #2813998

User image

Elite
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 11:53 AM
iowagander - 2010-04-24 1:15 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 6:53 AM Good morning Ghoulies!

Is it wrong that I paid my daughter $0.50 to make my toast and chocolate milk this morning? I think she may have done it for less, too.

I was going to do a 40 mile bike ride to a friends house today. That plan has been scrapped because I feel like crap, and my hamstring is still a bit sore.

So now the plan is to stay home and do a whole lot of nothing.

I'll check back later.

Ann, what are you thinking paying your daughter $0.50 to make your breakfast??? You should have told her that she had two choices: 1) Make mamma's toast or 2) find a new place to live.

Seriously though, I hope the hammy's better soon. Do you have any stretches that have been helping at all?

She's a good kid, she'd have done it for nothing if I'd have asked. I was joking when I offered money so she held me to it.

That's cute Just make sure she doesn't spend it all in one place!
2010-04-24 2:18 PM
in reply to: #2814005

User image

Elite
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 11:57 AM So I didn't exactly get the day in bed I had hoped for. That may still come tomorrow.

My sister and her family came up to Gettysburg. They have a Greyhounds in Gettysburg weekend every spring. My sister adopted a greyhound last year so they came up for the parade, and to shop.

We met them there, watched the parade, we ate, and I got to spend time with my niece and nephew.

My brother in law had shown me a geocaching app at Easter. They told me there were a few caches' nearby so I took my nephew and daughter and we went exploring. We found 4 caches's. There was one that was missing. We did have a problem with ticks, I hope we have them all off now.

I ended up taking the kids to a store to buy some trinkets to leave in cache's if they wanted to trade something. On the way home my daughter and I stopped and found a cache that my son and I couldn't find a few weeks ago. She loved it and wanted to keep going. I need to take a nap.

We had a lot of fun though and I hope to take the kids to do a lot more this summer. We might even start our own.

We even found a travel bug, a cache that is tracked. We just looked it up and it came from Wisconsin. We re trying to think of a good place to take it.

Sounds like you had a great time and definitely earned a nap! I did the geocache thing with my son on a Scout trip last year and had a lot of fun. There were several along a hiking trail nearby so the boys had a good time scavenging as we went up the hill. If I ever get a GPS I'd like to do that more often.
2010-04-24 2:26 PM
in reply to: #2814050

User image

Champion
iowagander - 2010-04-24 3:18 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 11:57 AM So I didn't exactly get the day in bed I had hoped for. That may still come tomorrow.

Sounds like you had a great time and definitely earned a nap! I did the geocache thing with my son on a Scout trip last year and had a lot of fun. There were several along a hiking trail nearby so the boys had a good time scavenging as we went up the hill. If I ever get a GPS I'd like to do that more often.

I'm not real good with my gps. Using the app on my phone made it pretty easy. I logged the travel bug we found. Now I'm looking through other cache's trying to find a good place to put it.
2010-04-24 2:33 PM
in reply to: #2814056

User image

Elite
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 12:26 PM

I'm not real good with my gps. Using the app on my phone made it pretty easy. I logged the travel bug we found. Now I'm looking through other cache's trying to find a good place to put it.

How far do you want it to travel for the next person? Maybe the next time you're out for a bike ride you could find a good spot along the road with a nice view.

2010-04-24 2:36 PM
in reply to: #2814068

User image

Champion
iowagander - 2010-04-24 3:33 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 12:26 PM

How far do you want it to travel for the next person? Maybe the next time you're out for a bike ride you could find a good spot along the road with a nice view.

I need to put it into an existing cache and log it. I may hang onto it for a week and have my sister take it to MD next weekend to hide it. Her family does a lot of geocaching, they'll find someplace good. If I do it here I'll take it somewhere in or around Gettysburg to hide it.
2010-04-24 3:50 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-04-24 7:22 PM

Elite
Good evening Ghoulies! It's just about dinner time here and as usual I have no idea what to make. I guess I'll just go to the grocery store and wing it like usual! I hope everyone's having a nice day!
2010-04-24 10:40 PM
in reply to: #2813808

Master
St. Louis
mndymond - 2010-04-24 11:24 AM Hey dudes! Hope the end of the week and start of the weekend went well!

Guess what!? My group got selected for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Fran!!! Whee! My first marathon will be on my 23rd b-day with hot San Fran firemen dressed in tuxedos handing me a Tiffany and Co. necklace! YAAAA!!!!

So there are 20 of us who get to go! Boo yaa!!!

Wow, that is awesome!
2010-04-24 10:42 PM
in reply to: #2814005

Master
St. Louis
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 1:57 PM So I didn't exactly get the day in bed I had hoped for. That may still come tomorrow.

Geo-caching sounds fun.  Where do I learn more?

2010-04-25 8:34 AM

Champion
Good morning Ghoulies!
2010-04-25 8:34 AM
in reply to: #2814561

Champion
ransick - 2010-04-24 11:42 PM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-24 1:57 PM So I didn't exactly get the day in bed I had hoped for. That may still come tomorrow.

Check out geocaching.com that's where I started.
2010-04-25 8:38 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-04-25 9:01 AM
in reply to: #2814779

Champion
Ames, IA
wgraves7582 - 2010-04-25 8:38 AM Well as an update to my TransIowa travels - it was called after 80 miles or so due to weather conditions.  Amazing - simply amazing

I will attest that that would not have been a fun night to be out riding
2010-04-25 9:04 AM

Champion
Ames, IA
mndymond - 2010-04-24 11:24 AM Hey dudes! Hope the end of the week and start of the weekend went well!

Guess what!? My group got selected for the Nike Women's Marathon in San Fran!!! Whee! My first marathon will be on my 23rd b-day with hot San Fran firemen dressed in tuxedos handing me a Tiffany and Co. necklace! YAAAA!!!!

That is sweet!  Should be a memorable time for the first mary!

2010-04-25 9:04 AM

Champion
Ames, IA
Memorable Mary toppage!
2010-04-25 9:05 AM
in reply to: #2814771

Champion
Ames, IA
ironannekidd - 2010-04-25 8:34 AM

This is the first I have heard of this.  Seems interesting
2010-04-25 11:23 AM

MotoQueen
Hello Ghoulies!

Today is the first day of the library being open 7 days a week again.  We have been closed on Sun & Mon since last August.  It will go one of two way.  Be really busy because people are happy we are open, or very slow because they haven't caught on to the fact that we are open.  I guess I know the answer in about 4 hours. 
2010-04-25 11:23 AM
in reply to: #2814804

MotoQueen
disturbed275 - 2010-04-25 9:05 AM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-25 8:34 AM

This is the first I have heard of this.  Seems interesting

I have a geocaching.com sticker on the back window of my car.
2010-04-25 11:26 AM

MotoQueen
wgraves7582 - 2010-04-25 8:38 AM Well as an update to my TransIowa travels - it was called after 80 miles or so due to weather conditions.  Amazing - simply amazing

Sorry it got called for weather.  It is a bummer when you've spent so much time and energy preparing to have it called. I guess you'll just have to do this again next year.    But...glad that you are safe. 

2010-04-25 11:27 AM

MotoQueen

What a great way to spend your birthday.  Awesome!
2010-04-25 3:44 PM

Champion
Thanks guys! Excited for San Fran! Cleanin and doin lots of laundry to start packing up all my stuff...ugh.

Stuff stuff stuff...problem is I need a bunch of it for before I leave...mm...so Im packin summer summer stuff like sandals, etc... 

2010-04-25 5:20 PM

Pro
NJ
wgraves7582 - 2010-04-25 9:38 AM Well as an update to my TransIowa travels - it was called after 80 miles or so due to weather conditions.  Amazing - simply amazing

Kizmet, Karma, Fate.  Bill, you are a wise man. 
2010-04-25 5:22 PM
in reply to: #2814771

Pro
NJ
ironannekidd - 2010-04-25 9:34 AM

New to me as well.  Will have to check it out.  I am directionally challenged though.  Just remembering where my bike is in T1 is a significant accomplishment.
New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are STILL doing Ironman distances this month!!! Rss Feed  

of 65