BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2011-02-10 4:57 PM
in reply to: #3256300

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Razorxp Group Is CLOSED
Sorry I've been missing for a while.  Looking back a few pages it seems I missed some talk on engine vs. good bike, swim life vest, and some people being sick.  Hopefully everyones training is going good.  I had a really busy past few weeks and am starting to catch back up.  I was able to get three days in a row this week.  i decided to lay off the two a days until I get back in the swing of things.

I had my huge show last weekend and it could not have gone better.  We played a sold out Navy Pier Grand Ballroom (1500 people) for one of the largest charity events in Chicago.  Total rock star show.  I have been playing in bands for about 12 years and I have never gotten this much exposure.  The phone is ringing off the hook -literally.  In the past 3 days we have 4 wedding requests, Joes on Weed Street (the best venue for live music in Chicago) e-mailed me and wants to book a bunch of dates, we were contacted to play an event at the House of Blues and we booked an event at Illinois State University for a charity for St. Judes Hospital.  It has just been unbelievable.  Here is some video from the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WE8GTNGeB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_6rC7jJ4k&feature=related

So anyways I am working hard to motivate my butt back to my regular level.  I should have my bike put back together next week so I can start riding again. 

2011-02-10 5:01 PM
in reply to: #3349429

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
tmoran80 - 2011-02-10 4:57 PM Sorry I've been missing for a while.  Looking back a few pages it seems I missed some talk on engine vs. good bike, swim life vest, and some people being sick.  Hopefully everyones training is going good.  I had a really busy past few weeks and am starting to catch back up.  I was able to get three days in a row this week.  i decided to lay off the two a days until I get back in the swing of things.

I had my huge show last weekend and it could not have gone better.  We played a sold out Navy Pier Grand Ballroom (1500 people) for one of the largest charity events in Chicago.  Total rock star show.  I have been playing in bands for about 12 years and I have never gotten this much exposure.  The phone is ringing off the hook -literally.  In the past 3 days we have 4 wedding requests, Joes on Weed Street (the best venue for live music in Chicago) e-mailed me and wants to book a bunch of dates, we were contacted to play an event at the House of Blues and we booked an event at Illinois State University for a charity for St. Judes Hospital.  It has just been unbelievable.  Here is some video from the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WE8GTNGeB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_6rC7jJ4k&feature=related

So anyways I am working hard to motivate my butt back to my regular level.  I should have my bike put back together next week so I can start riding again. 

That's awesome news!  Does your band have a website?
2011-02-10 5:35 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Coach. Thanks. I did not do anything way strenuous. A few slow laps, some easy kicking, floating around, a few drills. Did not tax myself physically I just had to do something to feel like a normal human being for 30 minutes. It actually helped me clear my head but it sure got stuffed in a hurry when I went outside – brrrrrrrrrr it is cold.

So just going to settle down in front of the fireplace take some more cold and flu drugs, sip on a nice hot tea and rest tonight. Maybe tomorrow I will feel like doing more.

Nice Job Tim – I sure would love to see you guys live.

Court – thanks for the well wishes and let me know how you like the shoes - once I feel better I am going shoe shopping.

FYI – I bought 2 wet suits at Christmas from Xtera – one sleeveless and one full suit – fitting chart worked great. I figured if I bought them it would make me learn how to swim Smile. Kind of the build it and they will come thought process I guess LOL>

I have almost all the gear now – except I am definitely going to get one of those swim safe devices because my sister lives on Lake Erie and if I go out to swim she will watch me but there is no way she is going to be able to save me – so that may be a great idea for this season.

Have a great night everyone.

(one day closer to normal again I hope)

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-02-10 5:39 PM
2011-02-10 7:40 PM

User image

Veteran
tim-  welcome back.  congrats on the band doing great.

kc-  take it easy until you get better.  dont over do it and get sick again.

kevin- thanks for the website on suits.  i was happy when i decided on a bike and felt relieved to buy one but now i have that feeling all over again researching wet suits.  sometimes i wish they made one option.
2011-02-10 8:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
David - Have fun in Tahoe -  When I was there, there was a place just outsie town that made burrito's the size of a small child. mmmmm I loved Tahoe lol

Tim - GREAT news for your band, you must be tickled pink Smile

KC - I had to work late tonight and was watching Ironman western australia. I couldn't help but think of you - There was a guy doing it that a year or so earlier, said he 'couldn't swim two lengths of the pool' and there he was completing his 2.4 miles - It can be done!! Laughing
2011-02-10 8:21 PM
in reply to: #3349619

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-10 9:01 PM David - Have fun in Tahoe -  When I was there, there was a place just outsie town that made burrito's the size of a small child. mmmmm I loved Tahoe lol

KC - I had to work late tonight and was watching Ironman western australia. I couldn't help but think of you - There was a guy doing it that a year or so earlier, said he 'couldn't swim two lengths of the pool' and there he was completing his 2.4 miles - It can be done!! Laughing

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
KC

2011-02-10 8:37 PM
in reply to: #3349619

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-10 8:01 PM David - Have fun in Tahoe -  When I was there, there was a place just outsie town that made burrito's the size of a small child. mmmmm I loved Tahoe lol

On what network were you watching IMAUS? Or is it IMROO ;-)

Edited by robburkett 2011-02-10 8:38 PM
2011-02-10 8:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
It was on Universal Sports network. I think it was originally aired yesterday.(Verizon) They normally do replays, but they are often on at silly times so it's worth checking the upcoming schedules every now and then. They air all the IM's it just takes a while for them to get on the schedule it seems.
2011-02-10 9:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
Universal Sports Network - not sure I get it...We get Versus network...Gotta look.

My fiance keeps on throwing down some strong numbers in spin class and like to run.  I'm gonna get her into the pool and then a mini-sprint.  She'll be hooked!

Maybe this would give me that leverage I would need to drop $3K on a tri-bike. Muaaaaahahahahaha!
2011-02-10 9:16 PM
in reply to: #3349699

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
robburkett - 2011-02-10 10:12 PM Universal Sports Network - not sure I get it...We get Versus network...Gotta look.

My fiance keeps on throwing down some strong numbers in spin class and like to run.  I'm gonna get her into the pool and then a mini-sprint.  She'll be hooked!

Maybe this would give me that leverage I would need to drop $3K on a tri-bike. Muaaaaahahahahaha!

Very devious Rob - but I think it will work!
KC
2011-02-10 10:11 PM
in reply to: #3349700

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
kcgolf - 2011-02-10 9:16 PM
robburkett - 2011-02-10 10:12 PM Universal Sports Network - not sure I get it...We get Versus network...Gotta look.

Very devious Rob - but I think it will work!
KC

Being devious, besides offering a swift kick in the azz is also one of the services I provide.

With those skills, maybe I should be a triathlon coach...

Edited by robburkett 2011-02-11 7:27 AM

2011-02-11 7:11 AM
in reply to: #3349147

User image

Veteran
Mass.
kcgolf - 2011-02-10 3:17 PM
kdevarenne - 2011-02-10 2:22 PM
gabrelsj - 2011-02-09 11:32 AM i know what you mean about the pool.  i was swimming yesterday and pushing pretty hard when a guy got in next to me and swim lap after lap  looking effortless.  he was doing about 1:40/100 and i was about 1:50/100.  i know that time does not matter when it comes to the long tris but i was impressed how effortless it was...while i was throwing water everywhere.  i would come up gasping for air and he was just enjoying himself.

ok- i am looking at wet suits on ebay.  what does everyone use?  can you go by height and weight when it comes to size?  woudl you rather it be too tight or loose?

I found this web suit for wet suits.  They let you apply the cost of rental to buying the suit if you like it.
http://www.wetsuitrental.com/

KC- Hope your feeling better!!

Had my best swim workout today!!  It's finally clicking!  I don't feel like I'm going to drown!  Can't wait to do it again tommorow!!

Congrats on the swim breakthrough. I will let you know when I have mine, if ever and thanks for the well wishes.

Got a question for you - how long have you been swimming?
KC

I hadn't really swam since I was probably a teenager.  So over 20 years ago.  I could swim, but I'd never had to really swim any type of distance.
2011-02-11 7:18 AM
in reply to: #3349909

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
kdevarenne - 2011-02-11 8:11 AM
gabrelsj - 2011-02-09 11:32 AM i know what you mean about the pool.  i was swimming yesterday and pushing pretty hard when a guy got in next to me and swim lap after lap  looking effortless.  he was doing about 1:40/100 and i was about 1:50/100.  i know that time does not matter when it comes to the long tris but i was impressed how effortless it was...while i was throwing water everywhere.  i would come up gasping for air and he was just enjoying himself.

ok- i am looking at wet suits on ebay.  what does everyone use?  can you go by height and weight when it comes to size?  woudl you rather it be too tight or loose?

I found this web suit for wet suits.  They let you apply the cost of rental to buying the suit if you like it.

Had my best swim workout today!!  It's finally clicking!  I don't feel like I'm going to drown!  Can't wait to do it again tommorow!!

Congrats on the swim breakthrough. I will let you know when I have mine, if ever and thanks for the well wishes.

KC

I hadn't really swam since I was probably a teenager.  So over 20 years ago.  I could swim, but I'd never had to really swim any type of distance.

So when did you start back at it? How long ago and are you swimming those distances in your log without breaks?
KC
2011-02-11 7:49 AM
in reply to: #3349699

User image

Expert
If you have Comcast it carries it I am not sure exactly what channel but I think its 221 or something.  Great channel and they always have Ironaman or the world traithlon series.  Good stuff.

robburkett - 2011-02-10 9:12 PM Universal Sports Network - not sure I get it...We get Versus network...Gotta look.

2011-02-11 9:39 AM
in reply to: #3349597

User image

Veteran
gabrelsj - 2011-02-10 7:40 PM tim-  welcome back.  congrats on the band doing great.

kc-  take it easy until you get better.  dont over do it and get sick again.

kevin- thanks for the website on suits.  i was happy when i decided on a bike and felt relieved to buy one but now i have that feeling all over again researching wet suits.  sometimes i wish they made one option.

sorry keith.  was thinking keith but typed kevin.
2011-02-11 1:04 PM
in reply to: #3349918

User image

Veteran
Mass.
kcgolf - 2011-02-11 8:18 AM

KC

So when did you start back at it? How long ago and are you swimming those distances in your log without breaks?
KC

I started in November.  I still have to stop.  I can't swim more than 100 yards without stopping for 10-20 seconds and catching my breath.  All my distances done in my log are done with drills.  My swim coach has a dry erase board that she leaves for her students so we can do it without her there,  I just can't remember what they are when I get home to log them in.

Todays swim wasn't as good as yesterdays.  I'm a little soar though, so that's probably why.  I'm not giving up!  I was able to go four strokes before having to take a breath consistantly for the first time.  So it's getting better.

2011-02-11 5:41 PM
in reply to: #3350784

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
kdevarenne - 2011-02-11 2:04 PM
kcgolf - 2011-02-11 8:18 AM

KC

KC

I started in November.  I still have to stop.  I can't swim more than 100 yards without stopping for 10-20 seconds and catching my breath.  All my distances done in my log are done with drills.  My swim coach has a dry erase board that she leaves for her students so we can do it without her there,  I just can't remember what they are when I get home to log them in.

Todays swim wasn't as good as yesterdays.  I'm a little soar though, so that's probably why.  I'm not giving up!  I was able to go four strokes before having to take a breath consistantly for the first time.  So it's getting better.

Keep up the awesome work my friend. I got back at it again today as well - not as good as you but I am going to catch you LOL. I am going to post my workout right now. Thanks for encouraging me - I appreciate it!

One more thing - where do you live ag?a?i?n?? ?-? ?j?u?s?t? ???????w?o?n?d?e?r?i?n?g? ?i?n? ?c?a?s?e? ??I? ?a?m? ???e?v?e?r? ?i?n? ?t?h?e? ?a?r?e?a? ?-? ?w?e? ?c?a?n? ?g?o? ?f?o?r? ?a? ?s?w?i?m?. KC?
?
?
?
2011-02-11 5:58 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Team.

OK - not 100% but I am alive! ( a little weak, with some sinus nose stuffiness but on the mend)

I have to say first - Thanks to all you Neti Pot users - I not sure what the deal is but I think it is helping me Smile

Managed a work out today - not the most powerful and motivational one but I did some stuff - which I guess is better than nothing.

Swim - ok - not by best by a long shot but I managed 750 meters of assorted swimming and drilling.

Bike - 30 minutes - not bad, broke a sweat.

Stretch - felt great.

Thanks for thinking about me everyone.

I am not out of the woods yet but I can definitely tell I am on the mend.

Have a great weekend everyone.

KC

PS - Coach - Have a great time while on vacation and don't catch anything. Just look out for that hangover virus - it is everywhere - but only lasts about half a day Smile 

Edited by kcgolf 2011-02-11 6:00 PM
2011-02-12 10:33 AM

User image

Regular
Augusta, GA
I was bad today, but now I am in love.  So I went to my LBS to look around for information only since right now I am riding a MT and hope to get a real road bike.  Well my looking is over, I have found the one.  It is a Trek 1 series and is everything I will ever need.  Now to see if my wife and I can agree to the purchase.  
2011-02-12 11:19 AM
in reply to: #3351780

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
ltcsh1 - 2011-02-12 11:33 AM I was bad today, but now I am in love.  So I went to my LBS to look around for information only since right now I am riding a MT and hope to get a real road bike.  Well my looking is over, I have found the one.  It is a Trek 1 series and is everything I will ever need.  Now to see if my wife and I can agree to the purchase.  

Good Luck!
KC
2011-02-12 1:15 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Just came home from a swim - will log it later.

The sun is shining, I got some great sleep last night and it is 0 degrees out (32 F). Feels like a spring day Smile, I am feeling a bit better so I am going for a little run - OUTSIDE YEH!.

Check back in later.

KC

2011-02-12 2:57 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hi Team.

Very nice day here in South-western Ontario today and I am on the mend.

Swim - Pool was crazy busy today but I got my workout in. Still trying to be patient and relaxed while attempting to enjoy the swimming experience. I will go back again tomorrow I guess. Smile

Came home from the swim and because it was so nice outside (0c or 32f) I decided that today would be a good day for an outside attempt at a run. It was nice not to be on the treadmill to be honest. I live out in the country and running outside can be a bit tedious with not much to look at but today was nice. I just did a short run but I felt like I had some great energy and probably could have pushed it but decided to just enjoy what I was doing and take it relatively easy.

That is it for today everyone. I hope you are enjoying yourselves whatever you are doing.

KC

2011-02-12 9:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Court - it's not just a purchase, it's an 'investment' ;-)
2011-02-13 6:44 AM

User image

Veteran
Mass.
KC - I live in Mass, but I grew up in New Brunswick, Canada.  So you not the only Canuck here.  It's supposed to be mid forties here by the end of the week, so I might try to go run outside to then!!  Can't wait!

Edited by kdevarenne 2011-02-13 6:50 AM
2011-02-13 8:04 AM
in reply to: #3352520

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
kdevarenne - 2011-02-13 7:44 AM KC - I live in Mass, but I grew up in New Brunswick, Canada.  So you not the only Canuck here.  It's supposed to be mid forties here by the end of the week, so I might try to go run outside to then!!  Can't wait!

Nice to know there is another Canuck along Smile - I hope you get out for a fun this week.
KC
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 76