of 76

2011-02-21 11:29 PM
in reply to: #3256300

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
Subject: RE: Razorxp Group Is CLOSED
Deb - way to throw it down!  Very nice.

Missed the swim with the day off work, but made spin class.  Also purchased plane tickets and started the wedding planning.  Thankfully, the fine folks at Disney will be handling the logistics, so we won't have to do that much.

Spin class was AWESOME tonight.  2100yds in the pool tomorrow...

Be safe and train smart...

2011-02-22 6:26 AM

User image

Regular
Augusta, GA
Coach...every great athlete has a down year for whatever the reasons.  This may be yours, but look up not down.  You have made a difference to me by leading this group and I am sure I am not the only one that can say that. 

As for my back,  it is getting better, slowly.  Maybe I will be able to take a short ride tomorrow to stretch out the legs. 
2011-02-22 7:29 AM
in reply to: #3366359

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
ltcsh1 - 2011-02-22 7:26 AM Coach...every great athlete has a down year for whatever the reasons.  This may be yours, but look up not down.  You have made a difference to me by leading this group and I am sure I am not the only one that can say that. 

As for my back,  it is getting better, slowly.  Maybe I will be able to take a short ride tomorrow to stretch out the legs. 

Glad you are seeing some improvement with the back - take it easy and slow.
You are right on target with your advice for Coach and he is makeing a huge difference for me as well.
KC
2011-02-22 7:42 AM
in reply to: #3366075

User image

Expert
Dave - I am gonna use your advice that has helped me get back on track - "Remember we do this for fun."  I have thought about that alot after you have said that and it is so true.  I think anyone doing what we do is very competative by nature and triathlon and racing force us to push ourselves to places we never thought we could go... but until this is paying the bills, we do this for fun (although most "normal" people think we are crazy).  Just don't get frustrated - maybe you won't be able to keep up with your training group like you used to at first but eventually you are going to get back to peak condition and be right there again. 

razorxp - 2011-02-21 8:41 PM As mentor I get to vent alittle as I am considering taking a break this season from racing.  Even though I am signed up for 1full and 2 halfs, I have lost almost 2 months of training that I can never get back.  Anyway I'm done whining back to training and I shall see what the summer brings.

2011-02-22 7:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
razorxp - 2011-02-21 8:41 PM As mentor I get to vent alittle as I am considering taking a break this season from racing.  Even though I am signed up for 1full and 2 halfs, I have lost almost 2 months of training that I can never get back.  Anyway I'm done whining back to training and I shall see what the summer brings.

Hey man, Wisconsin is a LONG way off.  Months.  Plenty of time.  We learn when we race.  Can't duplicate the experience at home.    Rest a day, sleep, eat, go to a movie and spend time with the family.  Then put on the spandex and get moving!  Counting on you at IM Moo.  Your experience is helping me for sure.

Testing this week.  Tonight I do 2 X 20 min time trails all out...deptermins my threshold power for the next 8 weeks on which all training objectives are based.  Reeally critical to do my best.  First one is the money, the second one is to give whatever is left which will be nada.   No swim today...saving the legs and I have to look good at noon for a speaking gig.  Y'all have a good day. 

2011-02-22 8:33 AM
in reply to: #3366188

User image

Veteran
razorxp - 2011-02-21 9:55 PM
gabrelsj - 2011-02-21 10:00 PM

if you want it then do it.  if you are unsure then take some time to recharge.  i was wondering how you can do all these races but you seem to be waiting to start training.  i just thought you were some freak that did not need to train as much.   you only live once so do what your heart says.
..............Believe me I want to train but have been sick. I don't have to train too much to finish but to keep up with my training partners I'm in trouble. I have to break 5&11 hrs and there is no way I'm on pace for that. Just venting after a terrible first run back. I will do my races through all of you. The whole group is doing great, everyone is improving so quickly.. Keep it up

whats your best HIM and IM time to date? 

2011-02-22 8:33 AM
in reply to: #3366188

User image

Veteran
razorxp - 2011-02-21 9:55 PM
gabrelsj - 2011-02-21 10:00 PM

if you want it then do it.  if you are unsure then take some time to recharge.  i was wondering how you can do all these races but you seem to be waiting to start training.  i just thought you were some freak that did not need to train as much.   you only live once so do what your heart says.
..............Believe me I want to train but have been sick. I don't have to train too much to finish but to keep up with my training partners I'm in trouble. I have to break 5&11 hrs and there is no way I'm on pace for that. Just venting after a terrible first run back. I will do my races through all of you. The whole group is doing great, everyone is improving so quickly.. Keep it up

whats your best HIM and IM time to date? 
2011-02-22 9:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL

With lost time needs to come a change in expectations.  It's like project management.  Your projects are the full and halfs.  So now there's less time to train for them.  Now it's time to figure out what you can do given the time you have to train.  Maybe you won't PR, but maybe that's not what you should expect.

So, might not be your ray of sunshine, but there it is...
2011-02-22 10:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Mass.
Dave - I'm going to tell you what keeps me going in the mornings when I don't get to go to bed until 1 AM (because of work) and I have to get up at 6:50 to get the kids ready for school.  It's Firday and I've been working since Sunday,  I've been getting about 5 hours of sleep each night and I'm dead tired and don't want to go on the treadmill and do a fast paced 6 miles in the basement.  There are a bunch of Marines and Soldiers out there who would gladly switch places with me.  This is the toughest thing I'm going to do today.  Nobody is shooting at me or trying to kill me.  My complaints of fatigue seem pretty trivial (in my eyes anyways) when I think of the service member who lost a leg and would give anything to be me right now and get the chance to run 6 miles on a treadmill in the basement while watching Dora the Explorer.  You'd probably do better in those races than you think if you just keep going!!

Semper Fi Marines!!!
(I just had to throw that in there!)
2011-02-22 12:47 PM
in reply to: #3366845

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
kdevarenne - 2011-02-22 11:02 AM Dave - I'm going to tell you what keeps me going in the mornings when I don't get to go to bed until 1 AM (because of work) and I have to get up at 6:50 to get the kids ready for school.  It's Firday and I've been working since Sunday,  I've been getting about 5 hours of sleep each night and I'm dead tired and don't want to go on the treadmill and do a fast paced 6 miles in the basement.  There are a bunch of Marines and Soldiers out there who would gladly switch places with me.  This is the toughest thing I'm going to do today.  Nobody is shooting at me or trying to kill me.  My complaints of fatigue seem pretty trivial (in my eyes anyways) when I think of the service member who lost a leg and would give anything to be me right now and get the chance to run 6 miles on a treadmill in the basement while watching Dora the Explorer.  You'd probably do better in those races than you think if you just keep going!!

Semper Fi Marines!!!
(I just had to throw that in there!)

Keith you are so true, my best friend has been back and forth  and manages to run all the time even in the middle of the base camp with the world exploding around him.  He is starting his 5th tour in the hell whole of Afgan in March.  I sent him over my 1st IM finisher medal from KY (he's into horses and its a horseshoe) because everytime I wanted to complain I thought about the crap everyone over there is going through and it made my life seem pretty easy.  As I said from the 1st time you joined the group Thank You for your service!!!
2011-02-22 12:55 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
I'm sorry for whining yesterday just a bad day and normally I just complain internally and don't tell anyone but maybe my wife.  I'm way to competitive to not do a race so if I could I would delete the message and just move on from here.

Back to positives now that we have our fist few races going who is next and how is your training going so you hit your goal.

And Scott to be exact we have 6months 20days 5hrs and 13minutes or 201 days or 4,828 hours or 289,693 minutes or 17,381,580 seconds.   roughly lol

2011-02-22 12:57 PM
in reply to: #3367223

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
razorxp - 2011-02-22 12:55 PM I'm sorry for whining yesterday just a bad day and normally I just complain internally and don't tell anyone but maybe my wife.  I'm way to competitive to not do a race so if I could I would delete the message and just move on from here.

Back to positives now that we have our fist few races going who is next and how is your training going so you hit your goal.

And Scott to be exact we have 6months 20days 5hrs and 13minutes or 201 days or 4,828 hours or 289,693 minutes or 17,381,580 seconds.   roughly lol

Don't apologize.  You didn't give up so there's nothing to apologize for.

Now - go after it!

2011-02-22 1:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
razorxp - 2011-02-22 1:55 PMI'm sorry for whining yesterday just a bad day and normally I just complain internally and don't tell anyone but maybe my wife.  I'm way to competitive to not do a race so if I could I would delete the message and just move on from here.

Jeez, I thought I was bad with my race countdown in 'days' . Now I feel a little outdone - I'm gotta go do some math!
2011-02-22 1:08 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Little app on my phone makes dates fun! (sick I know)

I had a talk with KC and gave him some advice that would be good for everyone in the group. 

Basically I like racers to get comfortable with another stroke besides freestyle, you don't have to be able to race with the sidestroke or breaststroke but there will be a time when you get a cramp or kicked/punch where you need a break from freestyle and you want to keep moving forward but need more air.  You won't want to just tread water or you might get ran over.  Its all about moving forward at all times even if swimming on your back.

Remember
RFP  always
Relentless Forward Progress   (as long as your moving forward your closer to the finish)

2011-02-22 1:17 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
razorxp - 2011-02-22 1:55 PM I'm sorry for whining yesterday just a bad day and normally I just complain internally and don't tell anyone but maybe my wife.  I'm way to competitive to not do a race so if I could I would delete the message and just move on from here.

Hi Coach and team.

I think my training is on track - except for the brief sickness and a couple of other glitches (you know, the I really do have another life that affords me the pleasure of training for this stuff so I have to do it sometimes as well stuff LOL). I do feel I am getting better in the pool and need to be way more patient with swimming. I have to get it through my thick skull that the previous 45 years of not swimming did not help me become a good swimmer Smile. I have to also understand that I am committed to this swim thing forever now and that means I have a few more years to completely figure it out. (at least I hope so anyway)

With all that being said, my first sprint is in mid June but (getting back to being impatient) I want to do one tomorrow LOL. Therefore I think I will start looking for one to do in late May.

Have a great day everyone - I am off to the pool - (stroke, stroke, stroke, breath, stroke, stroke, stroke, breath,Tongue out, stroke, stroke, stroke, breath, stroke, stroke...............................................

Later.

KC
2011-02-22 2:16 PM
in reply to: #3367246

User image

Veteran
razorxp - 2011-02-22 1:08 PM

Little app on my phone makes dates fun! (sick I know)

I had a talk with KC and gave him some advice that would be good for everyone in the group. 

Basically I like racers to get comfortable with another stroke besides freestyle, you don't have to be able to race with the sidestroke or breaststroke but there will be a time when you get a cramp or kicked/punch where you need a break from freestyle and you want to keep moving forward but need more air.  You won't want to just tread water or you might get ran over.  Its all about moving forward at all times even if swimming on your back.

Remember
RFP  always
Relentless Forward Progress   (as long as your moving forward your closer to the finish)

i can breast stroke but have tried other strokes and cant get  anywhere with them.  i worry about getting googles knocked off and having to try and get them back on while treading water.

2011-02-22 2:20 PM
in reply to: #3366483

User image

Veteran
IceManScott - 2011-02-22 7:47 AM

Hey man, Wisconsin is a LONG way off.  Months.  Plenty of time.  We learn when we race.  Can't duplicate the experience at home.    Rest a day, sleep, eat, go to a movie and spend time with the family.  Then put on the spandex and get moving!  Counting on you at IM Moo.  Your experience is helping me for sure.

Testing this week.  Tonight I do 2 X 20 min time trails all out...deptermins my threshold power for the next 8 weeks on which all training objectives are based.  Reeally critical to do my best.  First one is the money, the second one is to give whatever is left which will be nada.   No swim today...saving the legs and I have to look good at noon for a speaking gig.  Y'all have a good day. 

hey scott-  you had me wanting to run through a wall until you brought up spandex.  Surprised just kidding but i had to say something.
2011-02-22 2:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
6 months 20 days.  I'd better get busy.  Seems farther.  Lots of growtth between now and then.

Spandex is cool. 

2011-02-22 2:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
razorxp - 2011-02-22 12:55 PM I'm sorry for whining yesterday just a bad day and normally I just complain internally and don't tell anyone but maybe my wife.  I'm way to competitive to not do a race so if I could I would delete the message and just move on from here.

I tell my wife stuff too.  She understands - mostly.   She is incredibly supportive.  But you have to be in the trenches to get some of it.  You had to be there.  

Also about other strokes...good advice.  I have to practice more.  I do back stroke kicking without arms.  Breast stroke won't help goggles.  Floating on my back, kicking will.  And on longer swims I can take in a GU gel or two.    

2011-02-22 2:36 PM

User image

Expert
6months 20days 5hrs and 13minutes? 

I could probably train to become an astronaut and do a mission for NASA in that amount of time and also do an Ironman on the side -haha  You have plenty of time.

And just for the record I have zero astronaut experience.

2011-02-22 6:53 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Good Evening Team.

I hope you all had a great day.

Enjoyed my swim today and did a 32 minute run on the treadmill when I came home after it. Follwed that up with a nice stretch and I am currenly watching the Scotties Tournament of Hearts - Curling Championship on the tellie.

Bike and weights tomorrow and I am actually going to enter one of my sprints that is in mid June.

Have a great night everyone - thanks for being on my team Smile

KC

2011-02-22 8:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Feel like I am back in the swing again. I am being more consistent with my training and really enjoying it.

Last night was a 1650 swim, tonight was bike for an hour (stationary bike at the Y, but it still counts I guess) and after the bike I ran just half a mile to see how my legs felt, and I felt suprisingly good!

My biggest issue now is I am STILL gaining weight, and I am PI$$ED about it. I am doing am /pm workouts and gaining???? What the fudge???
2011-02-22 8:51 PM
in reply to: #3367886

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-22 9:05 PM Feel like I am back in the swing again. I am being more consistent with my training and really enjoying it.

Last night was a 1650 swim, tonight was bike for an hour (stationary bike at the Y, but it still counts I guess) and after the bike I ran just half a mile to see how my legs felt, and I felt suprisingly good!

My biggest issue now is I am STILL gaining weight, and I am PI$$ED about it. I am doing am /pm workouts and gaining???? What the fudge???

Nice Swimming and great work out.

Wish I could help you with the weight gain - I am guessing muscle? Don't worry about it and keep up the awesome work.
KC
2011-02-22 9:18 PM
in reply to: #3367886

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-02-22 9:05 PM Feel like I am back in the swing again. I am being more consistent with my training and really enjoying it.

If I were you create a eating log and keep track of when and what you ate.   Once you do that for a couple days then we can adjust calories and timing of meals if you would like help.  Doing dual workouts you could be under cals causing your body to starve itself.
2011-02-22 9:22 PM
in reply to: #3367984

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
razorxp - 2011-02-22 10:18 PM

If I were you create a eating log and keep track of when and what you ate.   Once you do that for a couple days then we can adjust calories and timing of meals if you would like help.  Doing dual workouts you could be under cals causing your body to starve itself.

Hey Coach and Team.

Just read a cool article in Triathlete Magazine - here is a link to it - called MIND MATERS.

I thought you and our group might like it.

KC

http://triessential.com/storage/davino/JenDavinoSpotlight.pdf

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 76