User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: Twisted Blisters II
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-10 9:26 AM

well, I'll be back in a bit

taking my team member to a long overdue lunch

struggling with whether or not to tell her my news -

I have faith that you will make the right decision! Have a great lunch!

2008-01-10 12:03 PM
in reply to: #1146909

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-09 8:03 PM
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-09 8:01 PM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Still sucking but to a lessor degree. Sounds like you had a busy day.

Hi Hector...thought you could use a laugh...and was sent this joke recently and thought you would get a cough kick out of it! ;o)

Who needs Cough Syrup?

Julie was a clerk in a small chemist shop but she was not much of a salesperson. She could never find the item the customer wanted. Peter, the owner, had had about enough and warned Julie that the next sale she missed would be her last.

Just then a man came in coughing and he asked Julie for their best cough syrup. Try as she might, Julie could not find the cough syrup. Remembering Peter's warning she sold the man a box of laxative pills and told him to take them all at once. Muwahahah - The customer did as Julie said and then walked outside and leaned against a lamp post.

Peter had seen the whole thing and came over to ask Julie what had happened.

"He wanted something for his cough but I couldn't find the cough syrup. So I substituted laxatives and told him to take them all at once," Julie said.

"Laxatives won't cure a cough," Peter shouted angrily.

"Sure they will," Julie said, pointing at the man leaning on the lamp post. "Look at him! He's WAY too afraid to cough..."

he he!!!

2008-01-10 12:07 PM
in reply to: #1147615

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 7:57 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-09 10:28 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-09 8:00 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-09 5:42 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-08 9:22 PM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-08 8:57 PM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-08 7:42 PM

Hey guys, I'm finally checking in again. I stayed home today because I felt like crap again this morning. I have to go in tomorrow to get stuff done but I plan on leaving early again. Sorry I haven't played much but it's been rough just getting up and doing my school work as well. This last two week have sucked.

Ok, enough whining, hope everyone is doing good. Thanks for all the inspires.

wow you got bit hard by the cold or flu bug! Hope you get to feeling better soon...we miss your heckling and humor! Good luck with school, do not overdo tomorrow....and remember to get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids. Sux to be sick.

Wanted to let you know that while you have been sick that Amy (abud7373) and I are planning on our first tri in May down in San Diego. My daughter will also be joining us. I just spoke with her....are you in!? no hurry to get back...but hope you will think about it! It is the Mission Bay Tri...PLUS my daughter really wants to do the Encinitas Tri...I think this one is too close to the Mission Bay Tri for me...but I will probably go down to watch her compete even if I decide to not race. Just wanted to put these dates out there in case you are going to be around and are looking for some events to participate in.

FEEL BETTER!

Do me a favor and pm the link to these tri's so I can find them. I have the Superseal (oly) on April 6th but I'm not sure which ones you are talking about. If it's a sprint i just may join you but either way I would love to get together and cheer you along on the sidelines. By the way i was considering the Encinitas tri also. 

Ok time to take more drugs for my killer cold and pass out. Night everyone. 

Hey Hector - Hopin' you are feeling better...here is a link to UCSD Spring Sprint Tri..May 4th:

http://www.kozenterprises.com/Triathlons/sprintdf84.htm

I will probably be signing up for it this weekend. I talked to my daughter earlier this morning and she said that registration opened for this race on the 1st and that although there were some signed up, we dont have to rush to sign up. But do not wait too long...the allotted slots may fill. She figured we have at least a few weeks before it fills. Hope this was helpful. Get to feeling better. Julie

I just went to the site. It will be a month after my Oly so I will have plenty of rest in between, count me in. 

sounds like a fun post race party! who's in..um, me!

Hector...here is the Mission Bay Tri link that is October 8th:

http://www.kozenterprises.com/Triathlons/missiondf84.htm

let me know if you think you will be able to do this...

Hope you are feeling better!

This one is to far out to call just yet. I may have to deploy around this time so we'll just have to play it by ear till then.

2008-01-10 12:08 PM
in reply to: #1147970

User image

Extreme Veteran
New Joisy
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 12:44 PM
lastcall2003 - 2008-01-10 9:25 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:57 AM

lastcall2003 - 2008-01-10 8:09 AM morning Julie!

Hey Beth...I am sending inspires...so, that is why I have been quiet...how is your day going?

GMTA!

my day is going well - and you?

pretty good...but I got some upsetting news last night...so I did not sleep very well!

I hope everything is ok Julie.  I know you said you had a friend over, so I hope it is nothing with the friend either. 
2008-01-10 12:11 PM
in reply to: #1148037

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:07 AM

Hey guys, I'm finally checking in again. I stayed home today because I felt like crap again this morning. I have to go in tomorrow to get stuff done but I plan on leaving early again. Sorry I haven't played much but it's been rough just getting up and doing my school work as well. This last two week have sucked.

wow you got bit hard by the cold or flu bug! Hope you get to feeling better soon...we miss your heckling and humor! Good luck with school, do not overdo tomorrow....and remember to get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids. Sux to be sick.

Wanted to let you know that while you have been sick that Amy (abud7373) and I are planning on our first tri in May down in San Diego. My daughter will also be joining us. I just spoke with her....are you in!? no hurry to get back...but hope you will think about it! It is the Mission Bay Tri...PLUS my daughter really wants to do the Encinitas Tri...I think this one is too close to the Mission Bay Tri for me...but I will probably go down to watch her compete even if I decide to not race. Just wanted to put these dates out there in case you are going to be around and are looking for some events to participate in.

FEEL BETTER!

Do me a favor and pm the link to these tri's so I can find them. I have the Superseal (oly) on April 6th but I'm not sure which ones you are talking about. If it's a sprint i just may join you but either way I would love to get together and cheer you along on the sidelines. By the way i was considering the Encinitas tri also. 

Hey Hector - Hopin' you are feeling better...here is a link to UCSD Spring Sprint Tri..May 4th:

I will probably be signing up for it this weekend. I talked to my daughter earlier this morning and she said that registration opened for this race on the 1st and that although there were some signed up, we dont have to rush to sign up. But do not wait too long...the allotted slots may fill. She figured we have at least a few weeks before it fills. Hope this was helpful. Get to feeling better. Julie

I just went to the site. It will be a month after my Oly so I will have plenty of rest in between, count me in. 

This one is to far out to call just yet. I may have to deploy around this time so we'll just have to play it by ear till then.

sounds good! how ya feelin? better?

2008-01-10 12:12 PM
in reply to: #1148023

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:03 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Hi Hector...thought you could use a laugh...and was sent this joke recently and thought you would get a cough kick out of it! ;o)

Who needs Cough Syrup?

Julie was a clerk in a small chemist shop but she was not much of a salesperson. She could never find the item the customer wanted. Peter, the owner, had had about enough and warned Julie that the next sale she missed would be her last.

Just then a man came in coughing and he asked Julie for their best cough syrup. Try as she might, Julie could not find the cough syrup. Remembering Peter's warning she sold the man a box of laxative pills and told him to take them all at once. Muwahahah - The customer did as Julie said and then walked outside and leaned against a lamp post.

"He wanted something for his cough but I couldn't find the cough syrup. So I substituted laxatives and told him to take them all at once," Julie said.

"Sure they will," Julie said, pointing at the man leaning on the lamp post. "Look at him! He's WAY too afraid to cough..."

he he!!!

LOL that was a good one! However i will stay away from that remedy.

2008-01-10 12:14 PM
in reply to: #1148045

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
notarunnr - 2008-01-10 10:08 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 12:44 PM

Hey Beth...I am sending inspires...so, that is why I have been quiet...how is your day going?

Thanks Tammy...my friend is fabulous and was actually offered a job near us...but it was news that I received about  one of my little brothers. He is not having a good year! to put it mildly! ;o(    Hows your day going my blister sister?????

GMTA!

pretty good...but I got some upsetting news last night...so I did not sleep very well!

I hope everything is ok Julie.  I know you said you had a friend over, so I hope it is nothing with the friend either. 
2008-01-10 12:14 PM
in reply to: #1147971

User image

Extreme Veteran
New Joisy
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 12:45 PM
notarunnr - 2008-01-10 9:22 AM

Hi Julie, Hi Beth...so nice to have you back, hope work was too draining yesterday. I am taking my cue from Beth...I am eating at my computer, bakin' a cake, and chattin' with you guys. Multi-tasking is hardWink. Can we add it as a sport?

Hi Tammy...what kinda cake are ya baking us? woo hoo....I love cake! ;o)

It is a yellow cake with vanilla frosting but here is the best part......it is a rocket ship cake! LOL my daughter has the oddest requests. I love cake and after christmas having two of them in the house is not what I need Yell.

This is what it will look like tomorrow after the kids have been at school all day. I am weak!

cake

2008-01-10 12:15 PM
in reply to: #1148049

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:12 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Who needs Cough Syrup?

he he!!!

Good call...new you were smarter then the average bear beer bear! ;o) LOL

2008-01-10 12:15 PM
in reply to: #1148047

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:11 AM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:07 AM

FEEL BETTER!

sounds good! how ya feelin? better?

I slept a bit better last night but the cough and congestion have been persistent. I just got back from the doc and after taking x-rays they finally gave me antibiotics. So I'm hoping to turn the corner on this soon.

By the way I got a pick me up gift last night from my wife. Bless her sould she went out and bought me a cycle trainer. I can't wait to start using it.

2008-01-10 12:17 PM
in reply to: #1148063

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:15 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Who needs Cough Syrup?

he he!!!

With that comment i'm officially a whiskey drinker! LMAO

2008-01-10 12:19 PM
in reply to: #1148058

User image

Master
Fort Worth
notarunnr - 2008-01-10 10:14 AM

Hi Julie, Hi Beth...so nice to have you back, hope work was too draining yesterday. I am taking my cue from Beth...I am eating at my computer, bakin' a cake, and chattin' with you guys. Multi-tasking is hardWink. Can we add it as a sport?

It is a yellow cake with vanilla frosting but here is the best part......it is a rocket ship cake! LOL my daughter has the oddest requests. I love cake and after christmas having two of them in the house is not what I need Yell.

This is what it will look like tomorrow after the kids have been at school all day. I am weak!

cake

Hmmmm maybe a cake would make me feel better. You could package it up and mail me some. I celebrate with you from afar. LOL

2008-01-10 12:20 PM
in reply to: #1148069

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:17 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Who needs Cough Syrup?

he he!!!

Sorry Hector...are you sick of the bear/beer jokes???? ;o)

2008-01-10 12:21 PM
in reply to: #1148077

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:19 AM

cake

Hmmmm maybe a cake would make me feel better. You could package it up and mail me some. I celebrate with you from afar. LOL

yeah.....hector's back...woo hoo!

2008-01-10 12:22 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

cake

this is me working out after eating two cakes:

working out after gouging two bday cakes!

2008-01-10 12:25 PM
in reply to: #1148089

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:22 AM

cake

Looking good, eh???? ;o) damn that really hurt! can somebody PLEASE help me up  - I've fallen down into a splitting position and CAN NOT get up!!!!

2008-01-10 12:28 PM
in reply to: #1148079

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:20 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Who needs Cough Syrup?

he he!!!

No I'm just playing, eventually I'll get you guys back.

2008-01-10 12:29 PM
in reply to: #1148089

User image

Master
Fort Worth

cake

I'm in love.

2008-01-10 12:31 PM
in reply to: #1148107

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:28 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Who needs Cough Syrup?

he he!!!

now your talking.....I love heckle wars! I will give you more time to take laxative recover. ;o)

2008-01-10 12:32 PM
in reply to: #1148110

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:29 AM

cake

I'm in love.

oh baby oh baby oh baby!!! Love is a many splendor thing!

2008-01-10 12:35 PM
in reply to: #1148116

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:31 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Who needs Cough Syrup?

he he!!!

now your talking.....I love heckle wars! I will give you more time to take laxative recover. ;o)

Just wait till i feel better! Let the heckling begin!

Wow I just took my first deep breath without coughing (randon thought).

2008-01-10 12:37 PM
in reply to: #1148122

User image

Master
Fort Worth
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:32 AM
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:29 AM

cake

I'm in love.

oh baby oh baby oh baby!!! Love is a many splendor thing!

In this case love would be blind.
2008-01-10 12:42 PM

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

cake

TAMMY QUIT EATING THE CAKE....with all your arms! Type Tammy, Type! keep those hands busy doing other things...don't eat those cakes! DONT DO IT!

2008-01-10 12:45 PM
in reply to: #1148133

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
HCS5QA - 2008-01-10 10:35 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 10:31 AM

Hi Hector!

how are you?

Who needs Cough Syrup?

he he!!!

Just wait till i feel better! Let the heckling begin!

Wow I just took my first deep breath without coughing (randon thought).

Funny! just be BERRY careful if and when you do cough! ;o)

Sounds like the "H" wars SOON to begin! LOL

2008-01-10 12:46 PM
in reply to: #1147970

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Girl Passing on Left - 2008-01-10 11:44 AM

GMTA!

pretty good...but I got some upsetting news last night...so I did not sleep very well!

I'm sorry - that is never any fun

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Twisted Blisters II Rss Feed  

of 46