BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 27

2010-04-09 11:50 AM
in reply to: #2769357

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
Subject: RE: mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED
Logging my nutrition in my training log has really helped me make good choices the past two days.  I just the food I am eating is nutritional and not to high in calories.  I know that doughnuts are bad and veggies are good, but I have a hard time knowing how healthy the middle of the road food is.

Anyways, based on my best estimate I would say that I've scored a 8 yesterday.  I did a good job of making healthy choices (like turning down the ice cream sandwich at lunch).  However, my lunch was from the local Tex-Mex joint and I ate the entire veggie burrito.  It was pretty big, so I probably should have tried to stop 3/4 of the way through. 

Today I've been off to a good start.  I had an apple before my long bike ride and a carrot with my breakfast burrito.  I also was able to say no to an old fashion doughnut (MY FAVORITE!) this morning!

2010-04-09 12:15 PM
in reply to: #2780322

User image

Expert
C-bus
n.k - 2010-04-09 12:50 PM

Today I've been off to a good start.  I had an apple before my long bike ride and a carrot with my breakfast burrito.  I also was able to say no to an old fashion doughnut (MY FAVORITE!) this morning!

Good for you!  It's tough saying "no" to something you really like!  My weakness is beer.  I love to have my one adult beverage a night.  Since I've been sick, it's been easier not to imbibe, but the more I tell myself, "no" I feel stronger for it! 

Again, good for you!!!  Down with the evil doughnuts!!!!!!  (I'd still keep the ice cream sandwich every once in a while )
2010-04-09 12:35 PM
in reply to: #2780255

Veteran
sungirl919 - 2010-04-09 12:27 PM Celebrate with me!  I just met my first goal!!! 

I didn't whimp out!  I registered for the Oly in Cleveland!!!   Tom, are you in???

Way to go!!!  That takes a lot of guts!!  Keep up with the training
2010-04-09 12:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Northern Ohio
2010-04-09 12:56 PM
in reply to: #2780416

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
sungirl919 - 2010-04-09 10:15 AM

Good for you!  It's tough saying "no" to something you really like!  My weakness is beer.  I love to have my one adult beverage a night.  Since I've been sick, it's been easier not to imbibe, but the more I tell myself, "no" I feel stronger for it! 

I hear you on beer.  I love the stuff.  Thankfully I don't drink every day.  For me, I drink 2-4 times per month.  But my problem is that once I start I like to keep going.

I gave up all liquids except water and tea for lent, so that helped set the stage for saying no to beer.  And because I'm an 'all or nothing' type of person, it worked for me.  Now I am trying to only drink when I really, really want to and hope that it brings down the amount of beer I consume.

With that said, on Easter I had five beers to celebrate being able to drink again Easter.  But it was organic beer!
2010-04-09 1:21 PM
in reply to: #2780558

User image

Expert
NW NJ
n.k - 2010-04-09 1:56 PM
sungirl919 - 2010-04-09 10:15 AM

I hear you on beer.  I love the stuff.  Thankfully I don't drink every day.  For me, I drink 2-4 times per month.  But my problem is that once I start I like to keep going.

I gave up all liquids except water and tea for lent, so that helped set the stage for saying no to beer.  And because I'm an 'all or nothing' type of person, it worked for me.  Now I am trying to only drink when I really, really want to and hope that it brings down the amount of beer I consume.

With that said, on Easter I had five beers to celebrate being able to drink again Easter.  But it was organic beer!

I am the same way with Beer, I don't just have a beer or two, it is one beer then before I know it 6, 8, 10, 12 are down.  So this January I decided to go cold turkey, I haven't had a single beer since Jan 3rd, and I can count on one hand the number of total of other drinks I've had.  I think it played a huge role in my weightloss!  I'm not saying I'll never drink beer again, because I will, just don't feel like I need it right now.

went with the Sushi w/ Brown rice for lunch and feeling good about my choice! 

Edited by mchubri` 2010-04-09 1:21 PM

2010-04-09 2:37 PM

User image

Expert
Raleigh
sungirl919 - 2010-04-09 11:27 AM Celebrate with me!  I just met my first goal!!! 

I didn't whimp out!  I registered for the Oly in Cleveland!!!   Tom, are you in???

Congrats! You'll do great.

On the Beer topic, hmmm, it is friday afternoon! I'm gonna pound a few.
2010-04-09 3:41 PM
in reply to: #2780857

User image

Expert
C-bus
titeloops - 2010-04-09 3:37 PM

I'm coming over!  Gotta get a llllooooooonnnnggggg bike ride in!
2010-04-09 3:52 PM
in reply to: #2780857

User image

Expert
NW NJ
titeloops - 2010-04-09 3:37 PM
sungirl919 - 2010-04-09 11:27 AM Celebrate with me!  I just met my first goal!!! 

Congrats! You'll do great.

Enjoy!  Have a great weekend everyone!  Get good work in and try to keep the diets on the straight and narrow! 
2010-04-09 7:11 PM

User image

Kings Mountain, NC
ok so my super sprint is next weekend and has a small pool swim followed by  a 3 mile bike and then a 2 mile run.  I did the bike run tonight similar to the race.  I am running slow currently but I have still been doing some walking with running considering I am rebuilding a base lost from last summer.  Anyways I ran after the bike for 21 minutes which is best so far and after the ride!!!

Weekend workouts

15 miles on bike tomorrow
50 walk/run on sunday
Swim one of these days maybe both, probally not both!

Nutrition was good today till I made these monster tex mex burgers that I saw someone make on tv earlier in the week.  Lowfat ingredients for the most part but way tooooooo  big.  I struggle with portions as well!!!!   So overall probally a 5 maybe

Good luck with training this weekend everyone!!!
2010-04-09 7:18 PM
in reply to: #2779542

User image

Veteran
titeloops - 2010-04-09 9:34 AM Quite a few NC folks in this group. I'm in Raleigh.

I'm in Northeastern NC, up toward Elizabeth City...about 10 miles from the Tidwater, VA area. 

2010-04-09 7:30 PM
in reply to: #2781371

User image

Expert
Raleigh
crisi13 - 2010-04-09 7:18 PM
titeloops - 2010-04-09 9:34 AM Quite a few NC folks in this group. I'm in Raleigh.

I'm in Northeastern NC, up toward Elizabeth City...about 10 miles from the Tidwater, VA area. 

What town? i know that area. My business is called Tidewater Management Group. Needed a name, and I like that area, so I stole it.
2010-04-09 8:07 PM
in reply to: #2781394

User image

Veteran
titeloops - 2010-04-09 8:30 PM
crisi13 - 2010-04-09 7:18 PM

What town? i know that area. My business is called Tidewater Management Group. Needed a name, and I like that area, so I stole it.

I live between Elizabeth City and Chesapeake!  I hate the Tidewater area...I live just close enough to go up if I need to do any real shopping since EC doesn't offer much!

BTW...I just got off the Raleigh area Craigslist page.  That is definitely the area to buy a used bike!!!  We're trying to find something for my hubby, so we might be making the trip that way to pick something up! 
2010-04-09 8:10 PM

User image

Veteran
So, I logged my nutrition for today...that was just pitiful...I had to pick one of the worst nutrition days I've had (in at least a week!) to be the day I started logging!  Not to mention we're having people over tomorrow for a cookout so I know that's going to be horrible!!  

Today and Tomorrow, I'm giving myself big fat ZERO's for nutrition!   

On a high note, I got my amphipod in the mail today and I can't wait to try it out on my next run! 
2010-04-09 10:00 PM

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
I went to the gym after work today to get in a short swim and weighed myself for the first time in a week and a half.  I came in at 241, meaning I lost 4 lbs!!!  This is the first significant weight loss I've seen in forever.  Then after my swim I weighted myself again (just to be sure the scale wasn't lying) and it read 239!  So I'm going with the average and saying I've lost 5 lbs in the past 11 days!  This is really encouraging to me and will help keep me on the straight and narrow.  Only 40 more lbs to go!

On the nutrition note, I gave away all my cookies that I had in my cupboard to my students today and had a decent day eating.  On Friday nights my family usually goes out to dinner and we choose are local brewery tonight.  Excited about my weight loss, I didn't want to mess it up, so I ordered a veggie burger with mustard and pita & humus as my side (in lieu of fries or tater-tots [which are my favorite thing at the restaurant]).  I washed it down with an unsweetened iced tea (instead of beer or soda).  Pretty exciting.  Then we went to church for a game night and they had pizza, vegetarian chili, soda, and cake and I didn't eat or drink any of it.  I'm pretty proud of myself and hope it contiues.

Sorry, this is sorta reading like a brag post, which is not my intention at all.  I'm just really pumped up and wanted to share. 
2010-04-09 11:34 PM

Catch up post...

Brian-took your advice, changed my logs so I calculated pace on my run/walks...they are mostly walking right now so the times look horrible to me but I know they can only go down from here.

Robin congrats on signing up the Oly. No guts, no glory right?  You'll do great.

Kevin-glad you had a good time, good luck if you test for the yellow belt.  I hate abs night, but I really, really hate isometric night...hurts soooo bad.

Nole-congrats on the weight loss and the self control at dinner.  I suck at control.

Had a lovely ride on my horse, started jumping him back up for the season again, even tho I'm prolly not showing this season because something has to give so I have time and this year, its going to be horse showing. I'm missing my first horse show tomorrow and I have to admit, its bugging me a little.   Came home with the kidlet and took the dogs for a 2.5 mile walk.  The dogs and the kid were tired, I actually felt pretty good and felt like I should have been doing some running.

Rate my nutrition today as a 6.5...not bad, not great.  Water intake was pretty good today tho.

Weekend plans-run/walk  and swim for sure tomorrow.  Maybe some elliptical and weights on sunday.

Have a nice weekend!

Ronda

2010-04-10 9:34 AM
in reply to: #2781643

User image

Kings Mountain, NC
n.k - 2010-04-09 11:00 PM I went to the gym after work today to get in a short swim and weighed myself for the first time in a week and a half.  I came in at 241, meaning I lost 4 lbs!!!  This is the first significant weight loss I've seen in forever.  Then after my swim I weighted myself again (just to be sure the scale wasn't lying) and it read 239!  So I'm going with the average and saying I've lost 5 lbs in the past 11 days!  This is really encouraging to me and will help keep me on the straight and narrow.  Only 40 more lbs to go!

Great job on the wieghtloss!!!! Love when the scale and clothes tell you something good!
2010-04-10 3:06 PM

User image

Veteran
Northern Ohio
OK so here goes.

I am training well and think to myself.  Hey I started doing 1 or 2 practice tris and thought man A practice Oly.  Ok so I swim 1600 yards without much trouble at all.  38 minutes.  Then I get on the stationary bike and think wow I feel pretty good.  25 miles should be a breeze. 12 miles and 45 minutes later I feel like a giant marchmellow that has been cooked on the outside and mushy on the inside.  Ok I'll stop the bike and make this a practice sprint.  3 miles on the treadmill no sweat.  10 minutes and 1/2 mile of walking and I am done.  Ok I took too big a bite.  Just goes to show that even when you feel great there is no substitution for workouts over time with consistency.  Ok now i am going back to sprint practice for a month or two.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Tom
2010-04-10 3:09 PM

User image

Expert
C-bus

Well, the run was beautiful this morning... cold, but pretty.  Took a nice neighborhood run and enjoyed the birdies, sun, blue sky, and flowering trees.  We finished our 12 miles in just under 2 hours.  A little off-pace, but MUCH better than last week.  I can only imagine how much better we can do when we're both healthy and have a good night's sleep without coughing!  We're resetting our goal to finish in under 2:15, since our longer distances have been slower than expected.  2:15 will be good, under 2 hours will be great!

However, does anyone else feel like they've been hit with a Mack truck after they've stopped?  I'm ok, but sore running, heart rate is fine, breathing is fine -I'm not sucking wind- but as soon as I stop I just want to throw up so I'd feel better.  The rest of the day I'm off and in la-la-land, kinda zoned out.  (Filled up on carbs and water last night, had toast with jelly in the morning (usually its a banana) and an advil as a pre-emptive strike against minor aches during the run...)

Hope you all had successful Saturdays!

2010-04-10 6:26 PM
in reply to: #2782344

User image

Kings Mountain, NC
sungirl919 - 2010-04-10 4:09 PM

However, does anyone else feel like they've been hit with a Mack truck after they've stopped?  I'm ok, but sore running, heart rate is fine, breathing is fine -I'm not sucking wind- but as soon as I stop I just want to throw up so I'd feel better.  The rest of the day I'm off and in la-la-land, kinda zoned out.  (Filled up on carbs and water last night, had toast with jelly in the morning (usually its a banana) and an advil as a pre-emptive strike against minor aches during the run...)

As of late I have the same thing.  I feel ok while running or jogging but at the end of the workout when I stop jogging I feel very strange, the mack truck is a good analogy.  I also feel like I have enough hydration and calories.  I have just been telling myself that this is normal for me and it is just something to get used too.  I hope it gets better however!!!!
2010-04-10 8:06 PM
in reply to: #2782570

User image

Expert
C-bus
stiga00 - 2010-04-10 7:26 PM
sungirl919 - 2010-04-10 4:09 PM

As of late I have the same thing.  I feel ok while running or jogging but at the end of the workout when I stop jogging I feel very strange, the mack truck is a good analogy.  I also feel like I have enough hydration and calories.  I have just been telling myself that this is normal for me and it is just something to get used too.  I hope it gets better however!!!!

I'm sorry you feel the same way.  It's not pleasant!  But I'm glad we're in this together!!!

2010-04-11 3:17 PM

User image

Expert
Raleigh
Hope everyone is geeting some great trining in this weekend! I got in my 1st OWS of the season today. Forgot how awesome is was to swim in a wetsuit. Close to a mile swim i think. Tried to swim the course from a locl olympic distance race. Made me wonder, any of you have suggestions on how to determine distance on OWS?
2010-04-11 4:09 PM

User image

Expert
Bend, OR
Completed my first ever race today- a 5K.  My goal was to complete it running at least 10 min/miles.  And I finished it at 29:37!  So I was pretty happy with meeting my goal. 

I'm hoping to get in a swim this afternoon while my son naps.
2010-04-11 4:22 PM
in reply to: #2783651

User image

Expert
C-bus
n.k - 2010-04-11 5:09 PM Completed my first ever race today- a 5K.  My goal was to complete it running at least 10 min/miles.  And I finished it at 29:37!  So I was pretty happy with meeting my goal. 

I'm hoping to get in a swim this afternoon while my son naps.

Woo Hoo!!!!  Good for you!  And going for a swim too!!!  Congratulations!
2010-04-11 7:14 PM

User image

Veteran
Hope everyone has had a great weekend!  I went for a 6.25 mile run today and it felt great!  I wore my Amphipod hydration belt for the first time today and I LOVE it!!  I was scared that  I would hate having it around my waist, but it didn't bother me at all!  It was so nice to have water and Gatorade right there when I needed it!!  

On the nutrition note...not a great day today, but I have gotten breakfast and lunch together for the week.  Hopefully, this next week will go well nutrition wise!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » mchubri's Crazy Awesome Training Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 27