BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2011-03-10 7:29 PM
in reply to: #3392108

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Razorxp Group Is CLOSED

kdevarenne - 2011-03-10 12:16 PM Went out for my second outside run of 2011 and set a new PR for my 10k course!  48:23.  Averaged to 7:45 per mile.  Last time I ran it a month ago I averaged 8:03 a mile.  Very happy with it!   Swam today also and it felt good.  My coach said I'm looking just fine.  Just have to keep at it.  Timed myself doing 100 yards.  2 minutes, 5 seconds.  What is everyone elses 100 yds time?

that is a great improvement.  congratulations!

i am at around 1:50 to 1:55 for 100's.

2011-03-10 9:11 PM
in reply to: #3256300

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Evening Team.

I hope everyone had a great day.

Bike and swim for me today.

1150 meters for me tonight - which for me is a significant amount. I did a different work out tonight thanks to our coach Dave. I used the pull buoy a lot but I think it is helping me overcome some confidence issues so for now I am ok with that. One step at a time.

Have a great night everyone.

KC

2011-03-10 11:59 PM

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
The guy at my LBS was able to find me a 2010 Fuji Aloha 1.0. Kind of tough finding bikes in my size (I'm 6'4''). Aluminum frame, carbon fork, Shimano Ultegra throughout except for the shifters which are Dura Ace. I don't have any pictures of the actual bike yet but will post some when I get it. A little tip for those of you that are new to the cycling side of things. If you're looking for a new bike, always ask if your shop has any of last year's models left. You can get a bike that is just as good as the current year's model but for much cheaper. Both bikes I've bought were a year "old" and it saved me a nice chunk of change.

Edited by cspreiter 2011-03-11 12:05 AM

(Fuji Dviratis Aloha 1.0 (2010).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Fuji Dviratis Aloha 1.0 (2010).jpg (46KB - 8 downloads)
2011-03-11 6:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
Nice bike!  I'm on a 60cm Felt so I'm imagining that if/when I upgrade, I might be in the same boat you were in finding a bike your size.
2011-03-11 6:44 AM
in reply to: #3393089

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

cspreiter - 2011-03-10 11:59 PM The guy at my LBS was able to find me a 2010 Fuji Aloha 1.0. Kind of tough finding bikes in my size (I'm 6'4''). Aluminum frame, carbon fork, Shimano Ultegra throughout except for the shifters which are Dura Ace. I don't have any pictures of the actual bike yet but will post some when I get it. A little tip for those of you that are new to the cycling side of things. If you're looking for a new bike, always ask if your shop has any of last year's models left. You can get a bike that is just as good as the current year's model but for much cheaper. Both bikes I've bought were a year "old" and it saved me a nice chunk of change.

Excellent bike.  Good advice too.  Also, watch for sales.  They cut prices deep to move inventory at certain times of year.  I got 25% off my first road bike, enough money saved to repay me for my very first hybrid.  Like 2 bikes for one.

Also when you get into it more, buying frames and building up a bike with components from eBay or an Internet bike shop can save a fortune.  I'm riding two bikes that were easily half price.  I would never have spent the money for new. And once you ride a new bike out of your LBS it's "used."  The depreciation hit is big.  

2011-03-11 9:07 AM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Sweet ride Caleb!!!!

KC way to go that is a great swim workout for anyone.

Scary stuff going on in Japan, HI, CA, AK... Hope we can limit the casualties. 

2011-03-11 9:30 AM
in reply to: #3393513

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
razorxp - 2011-03-11 10:07 AM

Sweet ride Caleb!!!!

KC way to go that is a great swim workout for anyone.

Scary stuff going on in Japan, HI, CA, AK... Hope we can limit the casualties. 

Thanks Coach.

I was just watching some of the video of Japan - scary for sure.

Have a great day everyone.

KC

2011-03-11 9:45 AM
in reply to: #3392973

User image

Veteran
Mass.

KC - I love the pull buoy!  Have you tried fins yet?  That might help you to.

Caleb- That bike just looks fast!!  That is a sweet ride!

Todays swim was the same workout as yesterday, but it felt twice as hard.  I ended up swallowing alot of water for some reason.  I was more hydrated after my workout than before I started.  Yesterdays double workout took alot more out of me than I thought.  Oh well...   Still felt good to be swimming!

2011-03-11 10:06 AM
in reply to: #3393607

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
kdevarenne - 2011-03-11 10:45 AM

Todays swim was the same workout as yesterday, but it felt twice as hard.  I ended up swallowing alot of water for some reason.  I was more hydrated after my workout than before I started.  Yesterdays double workout took alot more out of me than I thought.  Oh well...   Still felt good to be swimming!

Good Morning Keith. Yes I have a pair of fins and do use them occasionally. I was just trying not to rely on the swim aids too much so I don't fall into a false sense of security then have to swim without them and can't.

Have a great day.

Edited by kcgolf 2011-03-11 11:25 AM
2011-03-11 10:09 AM
in reply to: #3393664

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
kcgolf - 2011-03-11 10:06 AM

Good Morning Keith. Yes I have a pair of fins and do use them occasionally. I was just trying not to rely on the swim aids too much so I don't fall into a false sense of sucrity then have to swim without them and can't.

Have a great day.

The fins are aids.  My Masters coach says they do two things.  One is to teach the "feel" of the proper kick.  Your legs and feet should feel like you have them on when you don't.  Also, on drills that include stroke, they help increase the right feel of the water so again, you can sense when you are doing the right things when you don't have them on.  I bought Speedos at the start of the winter and use them a bit each week.  Really helped.

2011-03-11 12:23 PM
in reply to: #3393674

User image

Veteran
Mass.
IceManScott - 2011-03-11 11:09 AM

Good Morning Keith. Yes I have a pair of fins and do use them occasionally. I was just trying not to rely on the swim aids too much so I don't fall into a false sense of sucrity then have to swim without them and can't.

Have a great day.

The fins are aids.  My Masters coach says they do two things.  One is to teach the "feel" of the proper kick.  Your legs and feet should feel like you have them on when you don't.  Also, on drills that include stroke, they help increase the right feel of the water so again, you can sense when you are doing the right things when you don't have them on.  I bought Speedos at the start of the winter and use them a bit each week.  Really helped.

Speedos?  As in fins or swim suit?  Smile 

Anyone heard from Tim latelly?  His logs been empty for a week.

2011-03-11 3:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
First training session back after the flu today. Brutal! I started off decent but became fatigued really quick and now feel a bit loopy again. Didn't help that mid run, the heavens just unleashed on us and I ended up looking like a drowned rat. Tomorrows ride has been rescheduled back to the trainer too. Poxy weather.
2011-03-11 3:46 PM
in reply to: #3393915

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
kdevarenne - 2011-03-11 1:23 PM
IceManScott - 2011-03-11 11:09 AM

Have a great day.

Speedos?  As in fins or swim suit?  Smile 

Anyone heard from Tim latelly?  His logs been empty for a week.

Speedo fins  and no I have not heard from him. I sent him a PM but nothing yet. Hope he is ok.

Deb - we got snow again last night - this weather is brutal! I sure am hoping for a change in the temps so I can get this bike on the road.

2011-03-11 4:25 PM

User image

Expert

Hello, hello - Sorry I have been MIA - I had a really bad ear and sinus infection this week that just beat me up.  It started on Saturday and just kept lingering.  The swimming bothered my ear so i layed off and then once my schedule gets all out wack i find it so hard to get back in the swing of things.  I finally started feeling better yesterday and got a good tempo run in this morning.  Feel great today so hopefully I have kicked it - I have a 21 miler on Sunday.

I will try and catch up on the posts - Hope everyone is doing good and getting ready for this weather to break so the serious training can start.

2011-03-11 5:44 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Welcome back Tim - hope you are ok and getting better. Good luck with that run!

Weights, dreadmill (more snow here last night) and now off to the pool for 7:30 rec swim. I am hoping it is not to busy so I can get some work in.

Oh well - just got back home from swim and decided to edit this post instead of posting a new one. Pool was crazy! Friday night is a rec swim so lots of families and kids and only one lane open for lap swimmers. Kids kept crossing over getting in the way and there were 5 of us trying to use one lane and one lady had very poor lap etiquette. It was a good thing I got there at the start so I got some decent swimming in for a short period of time anyway. All I got in was 600 meters but I am happy with that, it was good swimming. I won't say I had an 'Ah Ha' moment but I think I almost had an "Ah" moment. LOL. I decided to call it a night after 600 meters so I would have some left for tomorrow. Maybe I will have the "Ha" moment on Saturday. You can always dream right?

Have a great night everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-03-11 7:46 PM
2011-03-11 9:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL

Rode for the first time outside today...my first real road training ride in a couple years.

And.

It.

Sucked.

I was amazed at emphasis on core strength.  Just brutal.  While the workout did call for a flat course, none to be found really.  And of all places to ride than the wind tunnel that is the southern suburbs of Chicago...good call on my part.

One great thing that will come out of this - I'll be in great shape at the end of all this...

2011-03-11 9:50 PM
in reply to: #3394603

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
robburkett - 2011-03-11 10:10 PM

Rode for the first time outside today...my first real road training ride in a couple years.

And.

It.

Sucked.

I was amazed at emphasis on core strength.  Just brutal.  While the workout did call for a flat course, none to be found really.  And of all places to ride than the wind tunnel that is the southern suburbs of Chicago...good call on my part.

One great thing that will come out of this - I'll be in great shape at the end of all this...

Sorry the ride outside did not go so good but I sure would prefer an outside mediocre ride right now instead of those boring  basement rides LOL.

KC

2011-03-12 6:55 AM
in reply to: #3394640

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
kcgolf - 2011-03-11 9:50 PM
robburkett - 2011-03-11 10:10 PM

And.

It.

Sucked.

Sorry the ride outside did not go so good but I sure would prefer an outside mediocre ride right now instead of those boring  basement rides LOL.

KC

Oh - don't get me wrong - being outside was great.  The weather was a little deceiving.  My fiance thought I over-layered but I found that it was just enough that I didn't get cold.

I've got to tighten up some things on my bike.  It didn't help that my saddle rocked back instead of staying somewhat tilted forward.  I was trying to play with body positioning and well, apparently I didn't tighten up one of the bolts enough.  Yeah me!

This sport is a little humbling, isn't it? Tongue out

2011-03-12 7:09 AM
in reply to: #3394440

User image

Veteran
Mass.
KC- Glad to hear the swim is comming along!  Hope you have your HA moment! Smile
2011-03-12 7:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL

KC - good luck on the swim today.

I think that there should be something that people should sign saying they've read and understand pool etiquette rules.  I had someone take a kickboard I set aside for myself at my lane one day.  So now I when I bring my write-up to the pool, I put it on the kickboard I'm going to use.  Then when I need my kickboard, I just put it up on the clapboard sign that designates the lane speed.  Problem solved.

2011-03-12 8:23 AM
in reply to: #3394756

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
robburkett - 2011-03-12 8:32 AM

KC - good luck on the swim today.

I think that there should be something that people should sign saying they've read and understand pool etiquette rules.  I had someone take a kickboard I set aside for myself at my lane one day.  So now I when I bring my write-up to the pool, I put it on the kickboard I'm going to use.  Then when I need my kickboard, I just put it up on the clapboard sign that designates the lane speed.  Problem solved.

Good Morning Rob.

While I am not that experienced I did take some time to ask the life guards when I first started what to do in the lanes and there are signs posted. It would be nice if people read them LOL. Last night there was a bunch of us and this lady was just swimming side to side and down the middle (it was driving me crazy). I have also had people grab my kick board and now I sit my workout on it like you. I have even had people take my pull buoy when I am at the other end of pool. I guess my initials on the side of it just are not enough?

Listen to me, I am starting to sound like I know what the hell is going on in there - I must be getting better Laughing

Keith, thanks for the support - I am hopping I get closer to the HA moment today!

Run and swim for me today.

I hope everyone has a great and successful day.

KC

2011-03-12 11:08 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Change in plans for today. My right arm is bugging me a bit since last night's swim (outside of my bicept close to elbow). I think it is  either swim or weight lifting related so I have decided a rest of it today is probably a good idea. Therefore I am going to do a run/bike brick today instead. My run to bike transition area is all ready to go in the basement (sport drink on bike, shoes ready to go and the golf channel is on Smile). I am going to do a 5.5 km run and maybe an hour on the bike. I have my route planned out, my ipod shuffle charged and ready - now off I go.

KC

Hey - I am back - this is an edit and addition.

Run/Bike brick. 5.5 km run, 1 hour ride. 2:30 transitioning from my driveway, into my garage, through the house, down the stairs to my bike transition area - all the while tearing off the winter running gear down to my trishorts that I had on under all the gear- good times LOL - I left a trail all the way down the stairs Smile.

Now, for a serious, embarrissing and personal question for the guys in the group. (Deb, you may want to close your eyes here Embarassed. During the ride I occasionally experience a little numbness (the best way I can explain it) in the private areas if you know what I mean Embarassed. Any of you guys experience this. I normally just move around and do the old repositioning tug (LOL) for relief. I have done some reading on it but just looking for some advice. Do you think I should consider a change in saddle or is it just one of those things that happens doing this sport?

Thanks

Hope everyone is having a great day.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-03-12 1:37 PM
2011-03-12 1:27 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

I love that spring is getting closer were all getting ready to head outside.  Deb hang in there and kick that flu.  I ran outside and the temp was great about 50 and sunny, the problem was 30mph wind with huge gusts. It made the run fun though and no matter what it beats running in snow and 10deg weather.

Rob 1st couple rides outside are usually tough and you want the speed you had indoors.  Just keep pluging at it.

KC, if after talking with someone about swimming etiquette it never hurts to practice full contact swimming lol....  The swim is full contact so just tell them your in training  :-)  DON"t blame me if they kick you out of the pool though....   JK

Edited by razorxp 2011-03-12 1:28 PM
2011-03-12 1:35 PM
in reply to: #3394951

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
razorxp - 2011-03-12 2:27 PM

I love that spring is getting closer were all getting ready to head outside.  Deb hang in there and kick that flu.  I ran outside and the temp was great about 50 and sunny, the problem was 30mph wind with huge gusts. It made the run fun though and no matter what it beats running in snow and 10deg weather.

Rob 1st couple rides outside are usually tough and you want the speed you had indoors.  Just keep pluging at it.

KC, if after talking with someone about swimming etiquette it never hurts to practice full contact swimming lol....  The swim is full contact so just tell them your in training  :-)  DON"t blame me if they kick you out of the pool though....   JK

Thanks for the advice coach maybe I will give it a try LOL.

2011-03-12 1:37 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
If I told you it would help you swim faster, I would bet you would be hitting everyone in the pool... LOL
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 76