BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Chris' Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2011-05-15 2:27 PM
in reply to: #3434377

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Chris' Group - Closed
My training is going well. I ended up not making it to the pool this week as my pool was closed and the other pool's hours don't work with my schedule. But highlights of the week include: on Friday I did a good indoor brick with 45 min on the trainer and then 5k on the TM. That was HARD! Yesterday I did my longest and fastest ride by biking to the local sprint race route (which I've always been to chicken to try) completing the route and then cycling home. And today I wanted to run 18k, but there's also a local 5k race that my family all does every year and my daughter wanted me to run with her. So, I did 9k on the tm, quickly changed into some warm dry clothes (it's cold and rainy AGAIN today), then ran the 5k with her, then ran home, which is 4k from the race. So 18k in total. So even though it was chopped in three, it was still very tiring and I feel like I put in a good effort today. More importantly, I was able to balance my own training with precious family time.

2011-05-15 2:42 PM

User image

I forgot that I had a question I wanted to ask. The sprint I'm planning on says that the water temperature is usually between 60-65 degrees. Do I need a wetsuit for that? It doesn't sound too cold to me, but I really have no frame of reference. I'd rather not spend a ton of extra money if I can help it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2011-05-16 2:02 PM

User image

Regular

You guys are doing great!  Posting really helps to keep each other going - sort of like moral support and guilt working together.

Doug - it was Cathy's husband that had some issues.  Like you, we all hope he and Cathy are both doing better - Cathy? Do you have an update for us?

Laura - sometimes the hardest thing to work out is ... Patience!  That's quite a feat having all four wisdom teeth pulled.  You should certainly wait until you've healed.  You don't want to have to start the rehealing process over by doing too much too soon.   I can understand your frustration though.  The thing about this triathlon stuff though, is that it's something we do forever - not for this week or month or year.   You'll get there and be better than ever!

Arin - keep plugging away you're doing great!  We often don't do as much as we wanted, sometimes we don't do as much as we need.  The key is understanding which is which.   That's not something I can help you with (unless you're running once a month - or twice a day every day - in which case the answers are pretty obvious).  You have to set your pace and goals within your body's limits. 

Wendy - I'd LOVE for the Food Truck Race to come to my town.  I'd overeat too.  I'm hungry just thinking about it.  We should have a punishment for you making us all jealous.

Tiffany - Maybe a different yoga class?  While it can be demanding and quite a workout, you should never hurt yourself doing something in yoga.   Keep doing runs after biking - just run enough for the spaghetti legs feeling to go away - and eventually, you'll find your legs have been trained to it and won't feel funny anymore.    And yes - 60-65 degrees you're likely to want a wetsuit.  From the rules "Each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit"  and keep this particular section in mind: "the wetsuit maximum temperature for elite/pros at 68 degrees for swim distances less than 3000 meters." Emphasis mine.  The point is that the elites and pros are wearing wetsuits in 60-65 degrees.  That's darn cold! It would probably be helpful to you if you could go to the swim site and stick your feet in the water.  And splash your face to see how you will react to the cold water.

Christie - Good bike ride and runs!  You've been a busy girl.  I think running with your daughter was the best move you could make.  Those are moments that get locked into memories for years to come.   And yes the bike to run is  hard! Just keep on doing it. If it was easy than everybody would do it. 

Ya'll keep up the good work!

Chris

2011-05-17 8:36 AM

Veteran

Hello all.  Things got crazy for me again.  My husband went back in the hospital for chest pains.  The only test that the doctors didn't do the last time  he was in was an angiogram.  He had the angiogram last Friday, and GOOD NEWS- the chest pains weren't coming from his heart.  His doctor now has to figure out where they're coming from.  He will investigate a compression between C6 and C7 (two cervical vertebra). 

Saturday morning I was pretty tired, and my husband was home recovering.  I usually do a medium long run and a medium long bike ride on Sat morning, and a swim on Sun.  I cut my run in half, and skipped the bike ride.  I didn't want to be tired, and I had a lot to catch up on, and my husband to take care of.  I didn't swim on Sunday- instead my husband and I went to a banjo and fiddle contest.  It was a lot of fun!  It's not like me to skip workouts, but what the heck!

Last night (Monday) I did my weekly hill run.  It felt good.  Sometimes I think a little extra rest for the muscles is good every once in a while. 

It sounds like everyone else is coming along just fine in their training.  You younger people, keep it up- even if its hard balancing the demands of a young family and exercise.  It is nice to be in my fifth decade, and not overweight or out of shape.  It is easier now because my kids are 21 and 17, and don't require adult supervision at all times.  You'll get there, too. 

Thanks so much everyone, for your care and concern.  I so appreciate it!

Cathy

2011-05-17 7:49 PM

glad to see all posting .... it is helpfull.....had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in Boot Camp.....was on the Tarmac the next day running 4 miles.....was 18 then....today .... i think id take a few days before i got back on the tarmac....Running Navy....Ooooora.....Tiffiny....oh yea.....a wetsuit is a must at that temp....i have one....i went and got it knowing that it would be used.....several suggestions ....one check with the local tri group to see if there is one you can borrow.... i have lent mine out to other tri members.....at the very least see if they can let you try it on to see what size you would need....at least it would give you an idea.....you can rent them over the web.... there are many sites and if you want i can get one for you.... there have been members of our tri goup that have rented in the past and they do on a regular basis.... they see it as an efective alternative......if you live in a large area the local tri shop may have a size you can rent from them....it woulds save alot of time if they did....i live in the back woods....sometime they have to pipe in sunshine and air for us...so the tri shop thing is a novelty to us....so we rely on the tri group for resourses and info.......and one question for oyu .... what is bikeram??????....never hear of it.....i look forward to leaning something new today.......Cathy....have been in that spot also .... have been to the er several times for chest pains.....GERDS and stress were the culprits..... have had c6?7 problems also....typical symptoms is the only way you can sleep is to have your arm over your head....that is the only way you feel relief.....it is a easy surgery....went in at 6am and was out the following day at 10.....had a fusion and used a cadaver bone as the shim.....walking and running great today ...no problems....is scarry if its your first surgery....and for me it was .... and i was.... but he can get through it and be normal....if he gts it done soon.....every week that goes by more nerve dammage occurs and is not recoverable.....my prayers are with you Chris.........thanks.... i cannot remember names for nothing.... this time i wrote them down on what comments i wanted to make......well for me.... ran the 1/2 marathon.... knocked a whole 6 seconds off the last year.... yea......but the average was below 10.....9:59....i guess any progress is something.....did run into a problem...literaly....made a stop in the bushes for an emegency....now i have posion ivy on my leg........i didnt think it would be a problem.....there was a constant rain and i was soaked after 2 hrs running in the rain.....temp was 55....great day for a run......in the past the posion ivy it has gotten so bad that i have had shots and pills for weeks...lets hope it doesnt get that bad.....did run 1/2 mile sprints today and did well.... the next thing is a run on the 28th.....10k......looking for a 9:30 avg or better.....have a month before my first sprint ....also looking in an adventure race later in the year....chin up....keep waddeling
2011-05-17 11:03 PM

User image

New user

Hi all -

Shaved minutes off my normal lunch time bike loop. Average 16.6 over the almost 13 miles!  I am set up to go out to do my first open water swim with my suit on this Sat. to practice for the Tri in less than two weeks (YIKES). Foot still hurts. I have to keep reminding myself I had large pins sticking out of my toes two months ago.... but it doesn't make me feel any better that I'm not able to run more.

How's the mouth feeling Laura?

Poison ivy on the leg? That just sucks. Well... I guess it could be worse??!! location-wise I mean.

Arin

2011-05-18 9:24 AM

User image

Regular

Good Morning All! It's a great day to be a triathlete! Laughing 

Dave - That was a great suggestion on the wet suit rentals.  There are often shops in the town where the triathlon is that rent suits.  It's a good way to figure out which one is best for you when you are ready to make the purchase.   Looking good on that 1/2M too!  Tough on that Poison Ivy, though.  Hope it doesn't spread.

Arin - Sounds like you're really making progress on the bike - congratulations on your time!  Be careful on that foot - you don't want to reinjure (ouch! pins sticking ouch! out of your toes? ouch!  amazed you can walk much less run.)

I had a great run last night with a faster than normal pace - but you must remember that my normal pace is turtle slow.  I watched the moon rise over the trees and go from big orange globe to white.  I love running at night!

So I'm trying to decide what topic to address next.  What would ya'll like?

Chris

2011-05-18 12:43 PM

User image

Doug- Congrats on the half! Bikram is a type of yoga (based on hatha yoga poses) that is done in 90 minute sessions in a room that's heated to 105 degrees! The heat is on in the room and it's stifling! A typical yoga studio gets fairly warm anyways, but my experience of Bikram was that I literally couldn't breathe and felt dizzy and queasy! I live in the Berkeley area and I know a ton of people that swear by it, they love it, but I just don't want to feel like I'm going to lose my lunch and pass out during my yoga. I want a more relaxed stretch and strength building time! I like the idea of borrowing a tri suit, given my location there are loads of shops where I can do that, I actually just discovered a shop that let's you borrow suits and then if you decide to purchase the suit you get a credit for the cost of the rental.  

Arin - Congrats on the great bike ride time! That has to feel nice! Be good to your foot I know it can be so hard to hold back, but taking time now probably means your foot will let you walk on it further into the future I'm usually awful at listening to my body and appropriately rehabbing my injuries!

Cathy - A banjo and fiddle contest sounds like a great way to spend a day! Hope your husband gets all squared away soon. Take good care!!

Chris - I don't have any suggestions for your next topic, but I do look forward to reading it Your night time run sounds awesome. I'm more of a sunrise runner

2011-05-19 7:50 PM

User image

Regular

Time and Goals

Time is a huge problem for me.  Like all of you, I have a fairly busy life.  To wit:  my 15 year old grandson lives with me and my 5 year old granddaughter is with me part time as her single parent mother is a flight attendant with a fairly erratic schedule.  My husband travels frequently and irregularly, and I work 10-12 hour days including Saturdays.  I operate as a single parent for days or weeks, or months at a time.

I make extensive use of calendars for everything but somehow the entries never stick.  Trips slide around like cars on a NASCAR track, resulting in multi-event crashes.  The two day trip for my husband turns into six days, and my granddaughter will be here for four nights instead of two.   Naturally, the kids go to school in different districts, 15 miles apart, based on (of all things) their respective permanent addresses.

I’ve mentioned that I run at night.  Usually after the kids go to bed.  I don’t run in the morning because a) It doesn’t change having to run in the dark, b) the going to work traffic is heavier (with still sleepy drivers), and c) my alarm is stuck at 0630, - okay, not really, I'm just not getting up any earlier than that.   

Getting to the pool is a challenge all its own, particularly since it, too, is 15 miles away.  The bike is easier, but is relegated to the weekends because there is just no daylight left when I can actually ride it. I do have a pretty good strength training setup at home – and a small amount of equipment at my office (I am on my own a good bit there).

I’m not complaining.  We all have busy lives and schedules and I know folks much busier than me who manage to make things work (and work much more smoothly than I can).  My point is it’s so easy to get derailed when life comes at you at the speed and ferocity of a B-1B Bomber.  Worrying over a workout cut short or missed all together doesn’t make up the workout, just increases the stress.  The world will likely not end tomorrow, and I’ll have lots more opportunities to run, bike, or swim.  Unless I get hit by a bus – but I have learned to look both ways…

I have encouraged all of you to set your workout goals and do your best to achieve them.  And you have! I am so impressed with all of you.  Some of you spend some significant hours training, and that’s great (where you find the time, I can’t imagine). You all have shown great progress and determination to reach your goals.

My personal goals with regard to triathlon and working out are going to be different from each of yours, and yours from each others’.   I build mine carefully with respect to what’s reasonable for my body, my life, and my commitments.  I will never be a “serious” Triathlete, will never have a podium finish, or be invited to age group nationals.  Rather, I am a “dedicated” Triathlete.    Dedicated simply means that I’m gonna get up every time I fall down, get back on the path if I get sidetracked by life …or that cool looking bird over there (damn! fell in the ditch again).  It means that I’m going to use triathlon as a means to get and stay fit so that I can enjoy the rest of my life.  It doesn’t mean triathlon will be my life.  So I have a seriously laize faire bon temps* attitude.  I’m in it for the fun!

Probably should have told ya’ll all this before we started!

*translation: let’s make good times

Chris

2011-05-19 8:25 PM
in reply to: #3509018

Regular
Indiana

Chris

It is refreshing to know that you have all this triathlon work in the right perspective. Knowing why you do it and where it fits in your life goals is the biggest part of the battle. I can't say that I have been able to temper my competitive spirit when it comes to training for "The next race".

We and especially I need to take a lesson from you on this. However, I do not think it is bad to try to improve your times from race to race. This is what keeps me motivated to keep training. At the very minimum it would be good not to go slower each time.

Thanks for sharing!

2011-05-19 9:34 PM

User image

Regular

Oh dear! Mike - I certainly did not mean to imply that we shouldn't try to do better each time! I push pretty hard on every workout and I always  want to do better on my next race than my last race.  I think we all should strive to improve our performance on everything we do whether it's training and racing in a triathlon or sewing curtains for the kitchen.

I would really love to be the first in my age group, but I know I'll never have a run pace to make that happen (unless I'm the only one in that race).  So I dont' have the serious "do what it takes to win" attitude because I'd be beating myself up all the time! 

So my personal goal is to keep plugging away, making improvements everywhere I can, and enjoying the benefits of a healthy active lifestyle. 

Chris

2011-05-21 8:41 AM

User image

New user

Great insight Chris. I have a slight competitive side to myself that I sometimes get lost in.  When I really reflect on what is important to me during my training, it comes down to this: I want to lead a healthy life and set a good example for my kids to lead a healthy life. As cool as it would be to be no. 1 in a race... I know that will likely never happen.  My tendencies with sports is to emerce myself with them, get just 'good' enough to be fairly respectible, then move on to a new sport (sport stores love me...)

Today I am going to complete the tri course today. This will be my last big 'push' of training before next weeks' tri. I'll just do some maintenance this week. From what I read, this is the way to go???

arin

2011-05-21 10:46 AM
in reply to: #3511137

User image

Regular

Hey Arin - I totally understand.  If I was at all competitve (performance wise) I'd be competitive minded as well.  But unless the rest of the field is running 12 and 13 minute miles, that's just not going to happen for me.  I have private competitions, though.   Like seeing how many times I can lap my husband in the pool on any given workout or how far ahead I can get during open water swims.  I was never athletic, never did any sport in school, and only a few things outside of school, but nothing ever competitively. I never ran, hadn't ridden a bike since high school and only swam with a scuba tank on my back. I water-skied quite a bit when I was younger and I played racquetball (both of which I love) but only because I didn't have to chase the balls so far when I messed up.  When I went back to college I played quite a bit and that was fun!  It was also the extent of my sports activities. My adult onset athleticism started at age 49, literally having to walk before I run.  So while I'm always looking to improve, I am realistic.  They're never going to call me for their Olympic team.

Setting a good example for your kids is extremely important.  If you are active, they will be active.  They will learn that working out can be fun, not a chore.  That will set them up for a lifestyle of healthy habits. 

Doing the tri course is an excellent idea for multiple reasons.  First, is the workout itself.  Second, you'll be able to fine tune any nutrtional, apparel, equipment, or performance issues as a result.  Third, familiarizing yourself with the course is not to be underestimated.  You'll know where the potholes are, have a good idea where transition will be and how it will work, and you'll know the route well.  And finally, you'll have proved to yourself that you really can do it, with no big nerves on race day.

Chris

2011-05-21 6:53 PM

Tiffinay... thanks for the info...i wouldn't like that either....i do the P90x yoga when i want a good stretch.....although my son has had the set for the last few months...maybe its time to get it back.... the local tri club are talking about Saturday am bricks of swim and bike....have not done that so it will be new for me.....hope for all to have a great week and a great race
2011-05-21 10:30 PM

User image

New user

Good news - I did my tri route today! Overall it went well. I had some abdominal cramping about half way through the run, and actually they have continued all afternoon/evening. Not sure if it was the gels, or the excercise?? At any rate, hope THAT doesn't happen race day. Any ideas anyone?

I am blown away with how different the OWS was. I was far slower AND more tired at the end of that leg than I was expecting. I am hoping I'll get a little more refined with the one other practice swim I have scheduled before d-day.

Tiffany (I believe you were the one inquiring...) the water was 63 degrees today and I was quite glad I had a suit. ooohhh... couldn't imagine doing the swim without it. I'd definately rent one!

happy races to whom ever is having them this weekend!

Arin

2011-05-22 7:18 PM

Veteran

Chris, 

One of the reasons why I picked your group in the first place is because I thought that you might have things in correct perspective.  I am amazed, after reading about your schedule and your life, that you manage to fit in time to train for triathlons.  I'm not sure exactly how old you are, but I know that there aren't many other women your age who even bother to stay in shape- let alone participate in triathlons.  Give yourself a pat on the back!

Sometimes, I, too, struggle with the time issue.  I have a very stressful job, and I work with patients, so I can't do any of my work at home-  there is no flex time.  I have a 17 y/o son who I still drop off at school at 7:00 am- which makes training in the morning, getting myself ready and off to work by 8:30 VERY difficult.  At my age, I am starting to experience some sympytoms of perimenopause- i.e. difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, waking up with night sweats, etc. etc. etc.  This has made training even more difficult.  Although, I know the fact that I exercise has probably helped reduce some of my symptoms.  On top of that, I have been considering accepting an offer for a new job- less stress- but way longer commute. 

Anyway, exercise has been a way of life for me for many years, and I won't let my life get to the point where I can't fit in my exercise.  My 17 year old took anatomy/physiology last year in school, and he said I was a drug addict- telling me that endorphins are your body's morphine!  I told him that at least my addiction was a healthy one. 

This weekend I managed a 6 mile run and a 12 mile bike ride on Sat., and a 30 min swim (I have no idea how far I went) on Sunday.  I feel good! I was able to use my new bike computer to track my miles and speed, and my new goggles for the swim- these were both given to me as mother's day presents.  My kids joked that not many moms get that kind of presents for mother's day. 

I, too, am encouraged each time I read about everyone's training.  Keep up the good work, everyone!

2011-05-23 6:21 PM

User image

Regular

Unfortunately, Arin, I don't know where to begin to tell you to look for your abdominal issues.  Maybe someone else can help? Have you done gels before?  If so do you recall your reaction to them?

Cathy,  I doubt that I'm any busier than anyone else on the list.  All parents, I think, have their hands full.  This just happens to be my second generation of mom-ing.  I have fantasies that it will ease up when I get the older one into college.  On the age thing - let's just say I'm north of 50 and south of 60.   

I see so many people get so wrapped up in their particular activity that they can't see anything but that.  They lose perspective.  I see it a lot in pilots, motorcyclists, divers, musicians, and nearly everything else.  They live and breathe that one segment of their life and forget every other aspect. 

I also see people in many other avocations who have forgotten what it was like to be a beginner.   Or what it was like when it was still fun.  That's why we need perspective. 

Which is not to say we shouldn't strive to improve, and perform like each race is our personal championship race (and you never know, it may be).  If you're not going to give your best, don't bother showing up!  Just remember the families who've had our back while we've been out playing!

Sadly, I got some kind of infection this past week and haven't been able to do much.  Hopefully this week will be better!  How about the rest of you?  How was your past week of training and racing?  Enquiring minds and all that...

Chris

2011-05-24 7:08 PM

User image

Chris - I really enjoyed your post about perspective. I'm always trying to challenge myself, but I'm also very aware that I will never be an elite athlete and I'm fully ok with that! I like to train because it keeps me fit, but I also like balance in my life. That's actually why I decided to do a tri instead of a marathon. Running for 4 straight hours every Sunday didn't feel like balance, but the half marathon distance wasn't much of a challenge any more....so here I am, trying to improve at three sports and having a blast doing it! 

My training has been awesome this last week, I'm truly loving the balance of the 3 sports, I find that my recovery times are so much better than when I was just running 4 days a week. I had a nice 13 mile bike ride on Sunday (I threw in a short 1 mile run after it just to get the legs used to the transition). I'm going to increase my swimming to twice a week so that I can really start to improve on that skill. I officially registered for my Tri, so the countdown feels like it's really on now Less than 12 weeks to go!

Arin - Thanks for the tip on the wetsuit, I'm going to stop by my local tri store soon to check it out.

Hope everyone else is having good training experiences! Reading your updates has been so inspiring!!

2011-05-24 8:48 PM

ok Arin....tell me about it....all of it...from the beginning....time you did your workout ....when you ate last ....what you had...and the gel you used was.....did a tri in Kirksville, mo......did the #1 no-no....had a different gel than im was used to .... it was a gel out of the goodie bag......by the time i got to the event my stomach was doing flip.... i thought it might be because of th event itself......but come to find out it was the gel....and i have found i dont do so well with gels with allot of caffeine in them.....so tell me all..... probably will not be able to help but ill give her a try
2011-05-24 9:45 PM

User image

Arcata, CA

Finally feeling recovered from the wisdom teeth removal.  It wasn't too terrible, but it took a lot out of me.   Just as I recovered, I have be moved out of my apartment by Friday, so into moving mode.  However, I have managed to run two days in a row!  Pretty sure thats a first since coming back after the fall.  So a small start, but I'm hoping to make my come back to tri training now   I miss it.  My leg is holding up well, and most of my pain, is in my back and opposite knee which has more to do with the leg length difference.  Going back to physical therapy soon, see if they can shed any light on possible solutions to my problem.

Its great to read everyone's updates!  Hope today was a good day for all, and that you got out and got moving.  So often it seems the hardest part, is getting out the door.

2011-05-24 10:18 PM
in reply to: #3517036

User image

New user

Doug - appreciate any insite you could give me. To be honest, training to the point where I actually need to add energy is new for me.

I had my normal p.butter toast for breakfast. Hair cut at 10, and had a Balance bar about 1045am. I would have probably eaten more, but didn't have the time between hair cut and meeting others. 1115 swim. About 1145 first Gel. Bike. About 1230, second Gel (BANANA YUCK). Then run. About 1/2 through the run -- maybe 1.5 miles into it I got the cramping.

I should mention I have had these exact flavors and types of gels on one other training day with no severe recourse.  Any thoughts?  The only thing I can think of is that I didn't have enough in my stomach to begin with?? I don't know. I normally do not have problems with stomach issues - I have a pretty solid gut.  Also, since I haven't been training with any extra caffine boosts, I didn't get the gels with the caffeine in them.

My training isn't great this week... just before the tri (figures). My grandmother was dx with some tumors in her lungs. So, between work, kids, and commuting a few hours to her hospital, training is taking a back seat. I will get a mega ride in tomorrow with some others.  That, along with a really good OWS on Friday will most likely be it fore me before Monday.

Tiffany (and others). You sound like me and have never tried on a 'swimming' wet suit. One thing I have found tremendously helpful is those garening gloves with the rubber coating on the palms. It makes it much easier to work the wetsuit up to the proper spots.  This is probably one of those things where vetrans say 'duh' but I've found it helpful

Arin

2011-05-25 9:16 PM

well here is my 2 cents.....if you have had these gels before with out problems ... then it is reason to assume that it wasnt the gels.....my thought is that it was the bar.....1/2 hour after taking it you got in the water.......it takes about that long for the bar to start to digest......now your working out and all the blood it takes to power the stomach is now ushered off to other muscles to do other things.....so now its lumping in your tummy and you plunge on to the bike phase and then on to run.....you take some gel and the stomach can process that but that bar gets harder........and most likely got harder as the day went on....when i get these things the next day proves to be a challenge on the stool......i too start with a 1/2 bagel and pbf....maybe some yogert....... at least 3 hours before race time.........15 min before race time....shot of gel......in on the swim going to bike....and other shot......and 5 to 10 miles out on the way to the run....the last shot......for oly and sprints...... 1/2 IM's we get to down pb and j's dduring the bike....oh boy....hope this helps.....i guess you can try the same course again and drop the bar to see if it works.....of course i use hammergel because im a diabetic....they have alot of stuff to chose from and i get the big jugs and devide it into smaller squeeze bottles....have a great day...here storms and just alot of stuff
2011-05-27 10:37 PM

Veteran

I just found out about a triathlon that is August 13th, and is literally in my back yard.  The swim is in a lake- not an ocean swim (as I've mentioned before- ocean swims scare me).  I am so excited to have a goal in sight. 

The water is supposed to be about 78 degrees- and wetsuits are optional.  What do you guys think?  Should I look into a wetsuit? 

2011-05-29 1:20 PM

User image

New user
A big thanks Doug. I think you're onto something. I tried some gels again the other day when I was working out, sans the balance bar, and did fine. I have my tri tomorrow. I haven't trained much at all; lots of time waiting at the hospital with my family/ grandma. What a horrible week. Punster- I have no advice for you... No reference. From what I've read, most choose to use a suit when they are allowed to. I've only gone twice OWS with my suit and my time is less w/my suit on.Arin
2011-05-30 5:45 PM

your welcome Arin.....Punkster.....sure ... just try the rental option first....that way if you decide not to do anymore tri's....i know cut my tongue out.....you dont have another big investment in equipment.....in your back yard??????.... i have a tri scheduled for that weekend.... but its not in my back yard.....its in Bent Harbor.....is this the one in your back yard????
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Chris' Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 10