Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2011-03-17 3:47 PM
in reply to: #3256300

User image

Regular
Augusta, GA
Subject: RE: Razorxp Group Is CLOSED

I try to stay in the saddle as much as possible and I can come across some brutal hills if I am not careful.  Like Scott said, just preference. 

I did my first outside run today since I hurt my back.  Nice to stretch out and take a nice easy pace.  It was so easy that I barely had to breath thru my mouth!  A few light stretching exercises tonight and then I'll see how it feels tomorrow. 

KC, if I wouldn't get canned, I would carry my taser for dogs, cats, people even elephants.  That son of a gun hurts!!!

2011-03-17 4:29 PM
in reply to: #3401676

User image

Expert

I was reading an article on how to lighten your bike and some of the things they listed were swapping your components to carbon and also removing all weapons.

razorxp - 2011-03-17 8:48 AM

KC, I don't leave home without pepper spray (usually a 9mm too)

2011-03-17 4:47 PM
in reply to: #3402640

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
tmoran80 - 2011-03-17 5:29 PM

I was reading an article on how to lighten your bike and some of the things they listed were swapping your components to carbon and also removing all weapons.

That is funny Laughing

2011-03-17 5:50 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team - hope all is well - anyone drinking green beer right now?

Anyway, scheduled off day for me today - a bit sad about that to be honest with you. So, I decided to do some yard work - 3 hours - one blister and I get to add it to my log as a sport "YARD WORK" I love it.

Happy St. Patty Day everyone.

Run swim for tomorrow and I get my bike back Smile very happy about that.

KC

2011-03-17 6:46 PM
in reply to: #3402667

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
kcgolf - 2011-03-17 4:47 PM
tmoran80 - 2011-03-17 5:29 PM

That is funny Laughing

I've had someone try to push me over a viaduct onto a interstate from their pickup truck.  After that, I thought I might get a .25 or something small to carry.  But it is illegal in Illinois and I need my FOID card.   They are trying to get concealed carry through, but the Chicago democrats oppose it.  They'd rather only the armed robbers had guns.  Oh, that happened to me too in Philly years ago.  They tried to shoot me as I walked away but their gun misfired...Yes, I would love to carry one and get away with it. 

2011-03-17 7:40 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

IceMan - Holy S%$T - incredible - I don't even know what to say except I am glad you are still with us my friend.

Now - for something a bit lighter - some great bball games were on today - just catching up on them now - any of you guys college hoops fans? Who you picking to win this thing?

KC

2011-03-17 8:23 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

Hi team,

I'm back. The sun was shinning here today and we hit 60 degrees. Also, I think I have my head out of my a$$ now too, which is always a bonus Wink.

Ohhhh I'd love to take a little something with me on a ride. However, 1) I don't think I am allowed, 2) I think I'd be 'popping a cap' in everybody's tush. haha

Keith, are you still planning on going to the expo on Saturday? I'm manning one of the booths for our club for a couple of hours - come by and say hi!

2011-03-17 8:46 PM
in reply to: #3402884

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-17 9:23 PM

Hi team,

I'm back. The sun was shinning here today and we hit 60 degrees. Also, I think I have my head out of my a$$ now too, which is always a bonus Wink.

Ohhhh I'd love to take a little something with me on a ride. However, 1) I don't think I am allowed, 2) I think I'd be 'popping a cap' in everybody's tush. haha

Keith, are you still planning on going to the expo on Saturday? I'm manning one of the booths for our club for a couple of hours - come by and say hi!

Hey Deb - that expo looks awesome - wish I lived in the area. Have a great time.

2011-03-18 9:07 AM

User image

Expert

So do any of you have to travel for work?  I have been pretty lucky the past few months with no travel but I have a few big projects starting up and have been travelling alot lately to Iowa and St. Louis.  It just kills me not only by throwing off my schedule but I eat like crap even if i try really hard.  I think next road trip i am just gonna bring my bike and trainer and just ride in the hotel room.  I was able to get a nice outside run in last week in Iowa.  Once the weather really breaks it will make it easier but I am having a hard time getting into a routine lately.  I have had a good few days sine I have gotten back so thats good.

Any suggestion or tips from those that do travel?

2011-03-18 9:18 AM
in reply to: #3402884

User image

Veteran
Mass.
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-17 9:23 PM

Hi team,

What club and what time?  A friend and I will get there around 1030 and 1100.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the stuff.  I just got the email saying they have 80+ vendors.

2011-03-18 11:27 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Afternoon Team.

Tim - sorry, I don't travel for work but I would say when you are on the road just try to make the healthiest choice and if you are able to get in even a small workout, that is bettter than no workout at all.

Pick my bike up today Smile but probably will not get a ride in Cry. I do have a run Smile and a swim Smile planned though. I am in a curling bonspiel on Saturdat so that is probably going to be a complete wash out as far as any type of workout is concerned but it should be fun.

Have a great day everyone and Deb and Keith - enjoy the expo!

KC

EDIT

SAD NEWS - I just called the bike shop and my bike won't be ready until Monday - bummer.

Edited by kcgolf 2011-03-18 12:10 PM

2011-03-18 2:52 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Scott: I know the feeling, some people do not believe me when I say the stupid thing other do to us while training.  That sticks about no CCW permits, but I love having mine for things like that.  We are so vulnerable on the bike or running.

Court: I forgot you were a cop, why are you not allowed to Carry your taser? I believe we are allowed to carry them here.  I was shocked with the old school type and that sucker hurt like he&&.  I cannot imagine the new style with fish hooks in your skin.

Tim: Real funny.. LOL    I would rather have the exta LB and feel a tad bit safer, plus its good to train with extra weight. lol

KC: no beer for me yesterday, I was asleep by 9:45 had a late night Wed so I needed to recop.  If I watch 2 minutes of basketball that will be 1:59 seconds too long  :-)

2011-03-18 2:54 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Deb: popping a cap??? ?LOL  too funny   That is my new Kona qualifying strategy, everyone infront of me gets a "cap in the A$$"  lol  thanks for the idea Deb....

2011-03-18 3:00 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Tim:  I used to travel for years.  The only advice is to always have a pair of running shoes and a pair of swim-trunks.  If flying a bike is rough to travel with all the time, plus most hotels have training bikes even though its not the same its better than nothing.  The best thing is to control your diet when traveling.  If I am staying on a strict diet I may eat 3 grilled chicken salads per day.  Its about the easiest thing to order and you know its healthy.

Don't sweat not being in a routine right now as its so hard with the weather the way it is.  Just make sure your getting 4/5 workouts a week and focus on those workouts.

I wish the expo was closer to me but don't think I want to drive 15hrs.  Hope it goes well.

2011-03-18 3:14 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Not a basketball fan huh Coach - figured you might be a Buckeye Fan.

Got some more yard work in today - finished off the front yard and now I just wait for a few more weeks until things start to grow and I can add some mulch and start cutting the crass.

Nice 6.2 KM run after the yard work - best time yet! 34:28. No Dog today but I was packing pepper spray and I have to be honest, I really wanted to use it LOL. I thought I was going to be slow because my legs were a bit tired from the yard work these past 2 days and coming home was right into a stiff breeze. I just concentrated on form and it turned out great. I guess next week I increase my run distance by another 10% - so I am going to jump up to running 7 kms (will keep you posted).

Lap swim tonight amongst the Rec swimmers (hope it is not too busy) and I hope my legs hold up. I am looking forward to it, one day not in the pool and I get the shakes - I can't believe I am saying that - 4 weeks ago I would get short of breath just driving to the pool and start to panic. I guess getting comfortable with going is great, now all I need is more breakthroughs. I did get some confidence from a triathlete on Wednesday night that I see swimming at the college pool all the time. He is about my age and a great swimmer. We were in bordering lanes and during a break we struck up a conversation, we told each other our stories and he was kind enough to tell me my form looked real good and to just stick with it, it will get easier - so I am happy about that because while I don't always feel like a swimmer apparently I am starting to look like one.

Have a great night everyone, bonspiel for me tomorrow so I may not be on here - so for those of you that are working out this weekend, I hope you are successful.

KC 

I don't think I look like this yet though ( but one can still dream right?)

Edited by kcgolf 2011-03-18 3:20 PM

(kcswiming.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
kcswiming.jpg (12KB - 7 downloads)
2011-03-18 5:47 PM
in reply to: #3403554

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
kcgolf - 2011-03-18 12:27 PM

Good Afternoon Team.

Tim - sorry, I don't travel for work but I would say when you are on the road just try to make the healthiest choice and if you are able to get in even a small workout, that is bettter than no workout at all.

Pick my bike up today Smile but probably will not get a ride in Cry. I do have a run Smile and a swim Smile planned though. I am in a curling bonspiel on Saturdat so that is probably going to be a complete wash out as far as any type of workout is concerned but it should be fun.

KC

EDIT

SAD NEWS - I just called the bike shop and my bike won't be ready until Monday - bummer.

See!! now that IS a cap in the a$$ offense too. Gee, I don't know why I shouldn't carry a gun Undecided .

Sorry you aren't getting your bike when you had hoped KC, I know you were looking forward to a Sunday ride. Good luck with the Bonspiel though.

Edited by cheekymonkeys1 2011-03-18 5:49 PM

2011-03-18 5:56 PM
in reply to: #3404202

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-18 6:47 PM
kcgolf - 2011-03-18 12:27 PM

Good Afternoon Team.

KC

EDIT

See!! now that IS a cap in the a$$ offense too. Gee, I don't know why I shouldn't carry a gun Undecided .

Sorry you aren't getting your bike when you had hoped KC, I know you were looking forward to a Sunday ride. Good luck with the Bonspiel though.

Thanks Deb - just leaving for the pool now - have fun at the expo - don't spend to much $ (unless your buying something real cool and that you want and can't live without LOL)

2011-03-18 5:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

Keith - we are booth # 139 - 'Tri Fury'. I should be there between 10 - 12. If you find the booth and you find a redhead, you've found a cheeky monkey lol

Tim, When I travel, I take sneakers a swmsuit and my Y card which gets me into almost any Y. Also, use mapmyrun.com before you go so you can find safe routes. I think there is also a poolfinder website too, but can't remember what it's called.

EDIT - its called swimmersguide.com and claims it will find you a pool anywhere in the world (?!)

Edited by cheekymonkeys1 2011-03-18 6:03 PM
2011-03-18 7:59 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Ok Team.

I learned never to go to the Friday recreational swim at my college on the last day of March break. An absolute mad house. To be honest, almost unsafe and too busy for 2 life guards. 2 lanes open for laps but a bunch of kids in the lanes - just crazy. I managed to get 600 meters in but it was in 25's, 50' and some kicking drills. I could not go up and down the pool and trust that someone would not come in front of me. OH WELL - better luck next time.

No swim for me tomorrow so better swimming will have to wait until Sunday I hope.

Have a great weekend everyone.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2011-03-18 8:00 PM
2011-03-19 8:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL

Looks like everyone has been busy.  I haven't really.

Was burning the midnight oil for work on Thursday, so I completely bagged Friday for some needed sleep.  Going to throw down my run today and moved my other workouts to today and tomorrow respectively.  At least my volumes on a monthly basis won't be dropping that much...

2011-03-19 10:07 AM

User image

Expert

KC - it is amazing how just a little positive comment can make you feel so much better right?  Confidence can make a huge differnce in your outlook on things. 

Dave/Deb - Thanks for the advice on the travel tips. I do have a garmin and thagt helps with the runs.  I also thought about the Y but have never used it.  I will check out that website -thanks.  The biggest issue is that most of my jobs are in the Midwest so I am driving 3-6 hours each time which pretty much drains me.  I did bring my bike with me last year and got some good hill workouts in the St. Louis area.  I will just have to make the best of it.

I finally got all my planned workouts entered into training log to complete my marathon training.  It was kind of hard becasue I have about a 3 week overlap between my 70.3 training plan and my marathon plan and taper.  I will just have to sacrifice a few weeks of 70.3 to allow for a good taper for marathon.  I am hoping it shouldn't affect me much and will just focus on biking after marathon.

2011-03-19 11:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL

Did my run - and the route took me past a couple of landfills that I wasn't aware that were on the route.  Not entirely pleasant.

Have fun out there!

2011-03-19 5:18 PM
in reply to: #3404659

User image

Expert

Sorry Rob - That really stinks.

robburkett - 2011-03-19 11:43 AM

Did my run - and the route took me past a couple of landfills that I wasn't aware that were on the route.  Not entirely pleasant.

Have fun out there!

2011-03-19 7:00 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Saturday evening Team.

Tim - you motiviate me dude! Nice work on all you do.

Rob - I bike past a landfill sometimes in the summer time - not good!

Deb - hope the expo went well today.

Good news about our bonspiel today - We Won Smile. Nice time but as we played I looked outside at the golf course that openend yesterday and I can't wait to play soon. I also missed swimming as crazy as that sounds.

Swim tomorrow - fun with my curling friends later tonight.

I hope everyone had a great day.

KC

2011-03-19 7:49 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

KC - that's SO cool that you have somebody telling you you have good form. I worked with a coach recently and one of the first things they said was 'Oh. we have SO much we can work on'. LOL Apparently, I feel like a swimmer but don't actually look like one. I'd much rather be in your position Embarassed You'll feel like a swimmer before you know it. CONGRATS on winning the Bonspiel. Have fun with your buddies tonight.

Keith - great to meet you today. I'm so glad you stopped by. What did you think to the expo? Your son is freakin adorable btw!

So, I got to meet Dave Scott today! Now I have a new piccy for my 'motivational wallboard' Laughing

Thought the expo was great. Went to a Nancy Clark seminar on nutrition - plan on working more on this and reading her book. She (not suprisingly) makes a lot of sense. Also went to Dave Scott seminar. Interesting stuff. Kinda disappointed I missed the total Immersion swimming seminar. Picked up a 4 fuel belt, and some other bits and drooled over a 10K$ (Surprised) bike lol - I am now SOOOO excited for tri season to really begin. I just want to get back on my training roll.

I am attempting my first outdoor ride again tomorrow. Lets hope last weeks fiasco doesn't repeat! After the ride I am taking my bike to get fitted properly and get a tune up.

Have a great Sunday everybody Laughing

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 76