of 76

2011-03-19 7:58 PM
in reply to: #3405023

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: Razorxp Group Is CLOSED
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-19 8:49 PM

KC - that's SO cool that you have somebody telling you you have good form. I worked with a coach recently and one of the first things they said was 'Oh. we have SO much we can work on'. LOL Apparently, I feel like a swimmer but don't actually look like one. I'd much rather be in your position Embarassed You'll feel like a swimmer before you know it. CONGRATS on winning the Bonspiel. Have fun with your buddies tonight.

Keith - great to meet you today. I'm so glad you stopped by. What did you think to the expo? Your son is freakin adorable btw!

So, I got to meet Dave Scott today! Now I have a new piccy for my 'motivational wallboard' Laughing

Thought the expo was great. Went to a Nancy Clark seminar on nutrition - plan on working more on this and reading her book. She (not suprisingly) makes a lot of sense. Also went to Dave Scott seminar. Interesting stuff. Kinda disappointed I missed the total Immersion swimming seminar. Picked up a 4 fuel belt, and some other bits and drooled over a 10K$ (Surprised) bike lol - I am now SOOOO excited for tri season to really begin. I just want to get back on my training roll.

I am attempting my first outdoor ride again tomorrow. Lets hope last weeks fiasco doesn't repeat! After the ride I am taking my bike to get fitted properly and get a tune up.

Have a great Sunday everybody Laughing

Thanks Deb - sounds like you had a great day. A 10K bike - I wish.

2011-03-19 8:08 PM
in reply to: #3256300

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

I know right??!! Seriously, I can't imagine plunking down that sort of change on a bike. I got my bike 3rd hand lol

Mind you, some of those Cervelo's hhhmmm. Maybe I should start saving my pennies after all.

2011-03-20 7:12 AM

User image

Regular
Augusta, GA

KC- Keep up the great work swimming.  It seems that everything is coming together nicely.

Deb- Great you got to the Expo.  I wish they had things like that here.

Dave-I can't carry my taser because it is my work one.  And yes the barbed ones hurt like you would not believe.  Once I get more time, I will post the my video.  I thought about your allergies yesterday when I saw my first pollen cloud coming out of a pine tree.  Life in the south is soooo great. 

As for training, I am still at it slowy.  I will be taking a few days off because I have weapons qualifications this week.  I am a little nervous since the last time (September), I failed to qualify on the first attempt.  That has never happened and it has thrown me for a huge loop.  I hope a few days of quiet reflection and dry fires will clear my head.  I'll let you all know later in the week how it all went. 

Have a great week everyone.

2011-03-20 7:20 AM
in reply to: #3405261

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
ltcsh1 - 2011-03-20 8:12 AM

KC- Keep up the great work swimming.  It seems that everything is coming together nicely.

Deb- Great you got to the Expo.  I wish they had things like that here.

Dave-I can't carry my taser because it is my work one.  And yes the barbed ones hurt like you would not believe.  Once I get more time, I will post the my video.  I thought about your allergies yesterday when I saw my first pollen cloud coming out of a pine tree.  Life in the south is soooo great. 

As for training, I am still at it slowy.  I will be taking a few days off because I have weapons qualifications this week.  I am a little nervous since the last time (September), I failed to qualify on the first attempt.  That has never happened and it has thrown me for a huge loop.  I hope a few days of quiet reflection and dry fires will clear my head.  I'll let you all know later in the week how it all went. 

Have a great week everyone.

Thanks Court and good luck. Have a great week and I hope all goes well.

KC

2011-03-20 11:15 AM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Hello everyone, I am getting ready to do my spin class today.  I am the fill in teacher so I get to punish the group. fun lol  I was hoping to be outside this week but we are getting another cold spell with highs in the low 30's.

Deb you will find out real quick that 10k into a bike is VERY common.  All the little stuff adds up way too quickly.   My friends rear sub 9 zip with powermeter is something like 3.5k alone.   Sounds like the expo was a great event, I wish there was something closer to home.  It would get me motivated for the season.

2011-03-20 3:40 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hello Team. I hope everyone has had a great day and weekend.

How was the spin class Coach - did you wear them out?

I had a fairly decent day for me today and overall a very good weekend. Today, I managed to grind out my largest total swim to date. Now I have to admit, I wish I did not have to take so many short breaks but for now I think I am gaining confidence and stamina. I am also using my swim aids but - oh well - I am just going to keep on trying I guess.

I also increased my outside running route to 7 km today (up a bit more than 10% from previous distance). I did it at a slower pace than my previous 6.2 km but just wanted to get a good feel for increased distance and I liked it.

Hope to pick up my bike tomorrow, if I ride it will be inside (weather is a bit sketchy and cool)

I hope everyone has a great week.

KC

2011-03-20 5:22 PM
in reply to: #3405430

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
razorxp - 2011-03-20 11:15 AM

Hello everyone, I am getting ready to do my spin class today.  I am the fill in teacher so I get to punish the group. fun lol  I was hoping to be outside this week but we are getting another cold spell with highs in the low 30's.

Deb you will find out real quick that 10k into a bike is VERY common.  All the little stuff adds up way too quickly.   My friends rear sub 9 zip with powermeter is something like 3.5k alone.   Sounds like the expo was a great event, I wish there was something closer to home.  It would get me motivated for the season.

I refuse to add up what I have in bikes.  It just doesn't matter.  I had the cash, I spent it... I add what I can when I can.  It's still cheaper than 2 days in ICU.

2011-03-20 5:40 PM

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
Back from skiing.  Had a good time and didn't get hurt. my two main goals for the week.  Ready to get back into the swing of things as far as training goes.  Got some reading to do to catch up on all these posts.  Hope everyone has a good week.
2011-03-20 5:41 PM
in reply to: #3405790

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

cspreiter - 2011-03-20 6:40 PM Back from skiing.  Had a good time and didn't get hurt. my two main goals for the week.  Ready to get back into the swing of things as far as training goes.  Got some reading to do to catch up on all these posts.  Hope everyone has a good week.

Welcome back Caleb - we missed you! Nice job staying away from the injuries.

KC

2011-03-20 6:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

Dave - how was the spin class? Did they leave in pain lol

Ok, so first outdoor ride today........

I stopped at 3-4 stops and clipped/unclipped without any issues. Figured maybe all the practice I had put in on the trainer had paid off and I'd got the hang of it - Yay!

Then comes the thought process (or lack of)

"Bbbrr it's cold. Oh, wait, where did Kristen go? Is she behind me? I'll pull over and wait for her. Oh don't wait in the shade, stop now and stay in that sunny bit, it'll be warmer. ..oh wait, no! I'm clipped in, oh, erm, CLIPPED IN!! Something. do something! what? I don't know. SOMETHING, unclip, oh wait, no, going too slow- falling, oh dear falling! OMG!

Hello road.

Edited by cheekymonkeys1 2011-03-20 6:35 PM
2011-03-20 6:29 PM
in reply to: #3405833

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-20 7:14 PM

I stopped at 3-4 stops and clipped/unclipped without any issues. Figured maybe all the practice I had put in on the trainer had paid off and I'd got the hang of it - Yay!

"Bbbrr it's cold. Oh, wait, where did Kristen go? Is she behind me? I'll pull over and wait for her. Oh don't wait in the shade, stop now and stay in that sunny bit, it'll be warmer"oh wait, no! I'm clipped in, oh, erm, CLIPPED IN!! Something. do something! what? I don't know SOMETHING, unclip, oh wait, no going too slow- falling,oh dear falling! OMG!

Hello road.

Nice play by play LOL - hope you are ok. At least you made it out of the driveway - when I get the new bike and pedals last fall I did not even get out of the driveway before I fell - good news was I as on the edge of the driveway and took a simple tumble across the lawn. No one around thank God.

2011-03-20 6:45 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

KC - I almost got away with it. As I was falling and thinking 'OMG what do I do now??!!" a lady drove round the corner, she looked like she was thinking 'OMG what do I do now??! lol But then she just peered at me sitting on the road and drove past me. Niiiice.

Oh and obviously Kristen saw me. She was just close enough that she said she saw me kind of topple over. She said she wasnt sure what the heck I was doing - there was no stop sign, no squirrels, no potholes, I just stopped and toppled. Embarassed 

My knee looks like I have a grapefruit up my pants. 

2011-03-20 7:02 PM
in reply to: #3405862

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-20 7:45 PM

KC - I almost got away with it. As I was falling and thinking 'OMG what do I do now??!!" a lady drove round the corner, she looked like she was thinking 'OMG what do I do now??! lol But then she just peered at me sitting on the road and drove past me. Niiiice.

Oh and obviously Kristen saw me. She was just close enough that she said she saw me kind of topple over. She said she wasnt sure what the heck I was doing - there was no stop sign, no squirrels, no potholes, I just stopped and toppled. Embarassed 

My knee looks like I have a grapefruit up my pants. 

Well I hope you have not done any serious damage - ice it and take care of it.

Have a great night team - in the wrapper early for me this evening - long day ahead tomorrow.

2011-03-20 8:01 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH

Spin was ok, problem is most of the riders road outside yesterday so it was a small class.  Still fun and I don't think anyone was too sore afterward..lol

Caleb, how were to conditions? any good pics?

Scott very true about bikes and ICU.  I have never even thought about what I have into mine but I knows its acouple pennies..

DEB,, my wife asked what in the heck was so funny...... :-)  glad your ok, hope the knee swelling goes away quickly.   too funny

Edited by razorxp 2011-03-20 8:01 PM
2011-03-21 8:39 AM
in reply to: #3405973

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Life is good.  Got to ride outside with the boys.  Play time.  2 hours with 3 X 10 mins @ 100% PLUS 4 vo2 for a minute each.  Pacelines rock.

Ran 7.5 after that.  Slow ...legs trashed after the ride.  All good. Normally bricks don't follow that hard of a ride.  Got the Garmin 310XT working after a call to the company.  Hope it holds up.  Been giving me fits ever since I recharged it after the winter.

Did 3 hours on the trainer looking at spin scan yesterday to improve my efficiency so both legs are working at the same level.  I've got a ways to go with that.

Going to run and do strength today, bike and swim Tuesday/Thursday, easy spin and run Wednesday, Rest day Friday.  Have a great week.  Stay healthy. 

2011-03-21 9:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Mass.

Deb- Thank you on the son comment.  He's so shy it borders on being rude.  But I'd rather have him like that than to friendly with strangers.  I liked the expo to.  Alot of cool (expensive) stuff to look at.  I didn't do any seminars, since I didn't know how long I would be there for.  It was a good way to keep your head in the game though.  Keeps you motivated.  Do you know if they have it there every year?

KC-When's your next big swim?

2011-03-21 9:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
razorxp - 2011-03-20 8:01 PM

Spin was ok, problem is most of the riders road outside yesterday so it was a small class.  Still fun and I don't think anyone was too sore afterward..lol

Scott very true about bikes and ICU.  I have never even thought about what I have into mine but I knows its acouple pennies..

DEB,, my wife asked what in the heck was so funny...... :-)  glad your ok, hope the knee swelling goes away quickly.   too funny

My brother in law had a mild heart attack over the weekend.  He smokes. (claims he quit two weeks before it - again) He rides a Harley and doesn't exercise. Glad I don't have his health or his medical bills.

2011-03-21 9:33 AM
in reply to: #3405833

User image

Veteran
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-20 6:14 PM

"Bbbrr it's cold. Oh, wait, where did Kristen go? Is she behind me? I'll pull over and wait for her. Oh don't wait in the shade, stop now and stay in that sunny bit, it'll be warmer. ..oh wait, no! I'm clipped in, oh, erm, CLIPPED IN!! Something. do something! what? I don't know. SOMETHING, unclip, oh wait, no, going too slow- falling, oh dear falling! OMG!

Hello road.

ckeeky-  great story.  it is like slow motion when you fall.  some guys asked my friend and i for directions last week.  i unclipped one foot and then decided to lean the other way.  the guy in the car felt so bad.  i felt like an idiot.  i am sure it wont be my last.

2011-03-21 10:00 AM
in reply to: #3406406

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
IceManScott - 2011-03-21 9:39 AM

Life is good.  Got to ride outside with the boys.  Play time.  2 hours with 3 X 10 mins @ 100% PLUS 4 vo2 for a minute each.  Pacelines rock.

Ran 7.5 after that.  Slow ...legs trashed after the ride.  All good. Normally bricks don't follow that hard of a ride.  Got the Garmin 310XT working after a call to the company.  Hope it holds up.  Been giving me fits ever since I recharged it after the winter.

Did 3 hours on the trainer looking at spin scan yesterday to improve my efficiency so both legs are working at the same level.  I've got a ways to go with that.

Going to run and do strength today, bike and swim Tuesday/Thursday, easy spin and run Wednesday, Rest day Friday.  Have a great week.  Stay healthy. 

Scott how far off are you legs? I am having the same trouble right now too, sitting up I am about 50/50 the minute I go areo my rt leg overpowers the left.  I think my hips are just so tight it won't let it move freely.  I have looked up at times on downhills and see 70/30 (not good). 

2011-03-21 10:09 AM
in reply to: #3406607

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
razorxp - 2011-03-21 10:00 AM

Scott how far off are you legs? I am having the same trouble right now too, sitting up I am about 50/50 the minute I go areo my rt leg overpowers the left.  I think my hips are just so tight it won't let it move freely.  I have looked up at times on downhills and see 70/30 (not good). 

I started at 40/60. left right.  But if you watch the dial, you can actually compensate.  First I looked at the weak leg and it came up, then I looked at the strong leg and it came down.  I was averaging 45/55 at the end.  Really hard.  had to feel like scrapping mud off the bottom of the feet.  Also, I noticed that if I focused right, my feet became lighter on the pedals.  No downward driving hard.  And amazingly, the power output was the same.  There is an article on active ,com about this today.  Let me get it.

2011-03-21 10:11 AM
in reply to: #3406630

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
IceManScott - 2011-03-21 10:09 AM
razorxp - 2011-03-21 10:00 AM

I started at 40/60. left right.  But if you watch the dial, you can actually compensate.  First I looked at the weak leg and it came up, then I looked at the strong leg and it came down.  I was averaging 45/55 at the end.  Really hard.  had to feel like scrapping mud off the bottom of the feet.  Also, I noticed that if I focused right, my feet became lighter on the pedals.  No downward driving hard.  And amazingly, the power output was the same.  There is an article on active ,com about this today.  Let me get it.

http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/4-Drills-to-Improve-Pedaling-Technique.htm?cmp=17-1-351

Suggests single pedal, ramp up drills etc.  Spin span is visual.  I see it even if I can't feel it.

2011-03-21 2:14 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team - hope your day is going great.

Going to be a slow day for me today. I am going to have time for weights and a stretch only before curling tonight. No time for a swim today (very sad about that Cry). However, I am picking my bike up at 6 - that is good news Smile although I won't be riding outside any time soon based on the weather.

I will be back in the pool Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday for sure! I am going to be out of town for a big bonspiel this coming weekend but thanks to poolfinder.com (thanks Deb - I think it was you that suggested this sight to one of us) I was able to locate a pool in the small town I am going to be at. I just called them and the lady at the pool was great and said she would have the staff put in a lane just for me on Friday at 6 so I can swim just in case I am able to make it - how awesome is that! I was afraid that the weekend was going to be a total write off but if I plan it right I can curl, swim and run - Hey - I am doing a Triathlon this weekend and I am sure to be the winner -  LOL.

I have to be honest though, I am ready for curling to end and golf to begin!

Have a great night everyone and stay safe.

KC

PS - Deb - how is the knee?

2011-03-21 3:36 PM

User image

Veteran
CLAREMORE, Oklahoma
razorxp - 2011-03-20 8:01 PM

It was pretty warm and slushy the first two days and then it snowed pretty heavy overnight and all day the third day plus the temp dropped.  I couldn't see my boots as I was going down the mountain.  A little too much powder for my liking but at least it didn't hurt when I fell.  The pic is from the last day.  My face was a little chilly.

Edited by cspreiter 2011-03-21 3:40 PM

(Frozen Beard_Cropped.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Frozen Beard_Cropped.jpg (85KB - 9 downloads)
2011-03-21 9:19 PM

User image

Expert
Findlay, OH
Great picture...How was everyones monday workout?.. our weather is making a change for the worse 65 today and snow later this week. So ready for summer.
2011-03-21 10:32 PM
in reply to: #3406517

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
gabrelsj - 2011-03-21 10:33 AM
cheekymonkeys1 - 2011-03-20 6:14 PM

Hello road.

ckeeky-  great story.  it is like slow motion when you fall.  some guys asked my friend and i for directions last week.  i unclipped one foot and then decided to lean the other way.  the guy in the car felt so bad.  i felt like an idiot.  i am sure it wont be my last.

Thanks for sharing this - I feel less stupid already. Ok, actually I spat out my tea because I laughed reading this, but I won't admit that Wink

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Razorxp Group Is CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 76