BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-10-30 8:40 PM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!
Just finished watching Saint Ralph on Netflix.  What a great movie!  Highly recommend it to all ... super inspiration!

2011-10-30 8:48 PM
in reply to: #3744767

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

peggyf - 2011-10-30 9:40 PM Just finished watching Saint Ralph on Netflix.  What a great movie!  Highly recommend it to all ... super inspiration!

mee too!!!  pretty cool movie - thanks for the indirect recommendation!

So in the spirit of being a triathlete...I watched Saint Ralph last night then started watching Hell on Wheels  and next I'm gonna watch a swimming movie..haha

Since I was pretty bad with the SBR this weekend - I felt I need to watch it on TV...

I'm gonna try and get up tomorrow...haha  wish me luck!

2011-10-31 8:02 AM
in reply to: #3744774

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

You may all now refer to me as the:

sdf

or YOUR HIGHNESS, whichever is okay with me....

2011-10-31 11:49 AM
in reply to: #3745077

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-10-31 9:02 AM

You may all now refer to me as the:

sdf

or YOUR HIGHNESS, whichever is okay with me....

WTF - you taking TTucker's drugs????

2011-10-31 12:39 PM
in reply to: #3745603

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
No, she wouldn't share....
2011-10-31 1:17 PM
in reply to: #3745720

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
hildekq - 2011-10-31 1:39 PMNo, she wouldn't share....
...so you stomped on her leg a few times and stole them as she cried out in agony. We all know how driven you can be when you put your mind towards something!

2011-10-31 4:46 PM

User image

Expert

Actually, I figure the title's got to do with the flavor and number of daiquiris Hilde's been consuming...

So I'm ba-aaack (again; appropriately scary for Hallowe'en, no?), and look at all the stuff the MMMers have been up to! Congrats on the wedding, Jen, and hurray for the hoopla being over! Wilson, I'm SO up for starting training for a big race next season: I figure either London at the Olympic distance or a HIM (depending on how next summer pans out-- it's a bit up in the air right now). You in, my friend? Anyone else? Tammy Turtle, depending on how things go (see: up in the air, only figuratively in my case rather than literally in yours...), I'd be up for training for the Flying Pig Marathon too...stay tuned!

After a COMPLETE day off yesterday (as in, I didn't leave the house, napped several times, and watched movies), I feel a lot better after feeling more and more run down during a chaotic time around here. Rehearsals are going well for our Nov 13 staged reading (one night only!), and I'm gonna tinker with my eating plan over the next little while to see how that goes too (more details in my log if anyone's interested). So bring on the official off-season: let the experimentation begin!

2011-11-02 11:25 AM
in reply to: #3746183

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Well, I guess we now know that Alex is NOT a zombie, hiding out in LaLa land (aka The Land of Make Believe for Actors!).  I never doubt that you are training, Alex, I know you just are "logging challenged", ha ha! 

NO Peachy Margaritas for me, although that sure does sound good! 

2011-11-02 3:42 PM
in reply to: #3748907

User image

Expert

Huh-- I wouldn't be too sure about the "not a zombie" part, at least the way I feel some days! Laughing

Today, though, was a GORGEOUS day for a run-- it felt slow, but turned out to be 10 min mile averages for a 10K... I wasn't really thinking about speed, though-- just enjoying the cool weather, sunshine, and leaves! We're supposed to hit the basement on temperatures overnight, sigh, so figured I'd enjoy it while I could. Hope everyone is doing well!

2011-11-02 5:36 PM
in reply to: #3751303

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi all, just a quick check-in from the Mediterranean (on 8€/hour wi-fi, so VERY quick!) I am surviving the cruise; haven't quite outgrown my clothes yet on the 7-course meals. I have run many, many little ovals on. The tiny jogging track. I have to get out there just to have any hope of having an appetite for dinner! Visiting Europe with a risk-averse and sheltered Texan mom has been interesting, to say the least. Just two more days and we start working our way home. Hope you are all doing well!
2011-11-02 6:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana

Wanna see something sick...I was changing my avatar and ran into this picture...This was taken while I was painting my brothers toenails while he was in the hospital on life support.....I was 300 lbs here...Two weeks later my journey began...pretty cool to see the difference, but how sad I got to that point... eeeekkkkk....Constant reminder for me is good motivation!

And Now....Thank GOD!!!!

Hard work and lots and lots of support really pay off!!!  Anyone else got a before and after the wanna post as a reminder and more motivation to stay at it??  Anyhow...off to inspire and blog a little before bed!

2011-11-02 10:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland

Great pics Wilson!  Nice job on the weight loss.

I'd post pics myself, but I only have before right now.  I'm working on the after....

2011-11-03 6:21 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
Wilson...your before / after are amazing.  Good job!
2011-11-03 7:52 AM
in reply to: #3776894

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Wilson, I'm guessing that even at 300 pounds, those legs were still sexy!  Maybe you should've been doing YOUR toenails!  Amazing transformation!!!  I'll have to see if I can find one of my fat pictures.... of course, I'm not as skinny as I was at one time, dang ice cream and cookie dough... I have NO self-control!

I'm guessing that the winter mentor program will be starting soon... I'm going to open us up to a few more members.  There are a few current members that I've already dropped in my mind.  You don't log for a couple of months and if I look at the last time you even checked BT and it's been MONTHS, yeah, you're gone from the MMMers.  Tough love baby!  I've already had 2 requests to join us!  I hope you all continue to stay with us, I'm not pushing anyone out!!  I will PM more info as I get it!

2011-11-03 6:06 PM

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL

That is just awesome  Wilson!!  I'm like Hilde ... My "after" pics aren't quite current as I've gained back about 10 pounds that just keep hanging around!! 

I tried to post before and after but can't figure out how to do it!  I have this problem nearly every time I post a pic.  I "published" them to an album on my blog and then tried to post the url for the pic insert.  Didn't work. 

But here's the link to my album.  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=16138&useralbum=169123

2011-11-03 6:33 PM
in reply to: #3813570

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
peggyf - 2011-11-03 7:06 PM

That is just awesome  Wilson!!  I'm like Hilde ... My "after" pics aren't quite current as I've gained back about 10 pounds that just keep hanging around!! 

I tried to post before and after but can't figure out how to do it!  I have this problem nearly every time I post a pic.  I "published" them to an album on my blog and then tried to post the url for the pic insert.  Didn't work. 

But here's the link to my album.  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=16138&useralbum=169123

Holy $hit, that is an awesome transformation!!!!  You look so much younger and happy!!!!  HEY GANG, WE HAVE A HOTTIE IN THE HOUSE!!!! Very nice work and very inspiring for sure!!!  I love it....okay others - if you're in this same situation...post'em....we wanna see your journey progress....Awesome Peggy you should be so so so proud!!  Jen, since you are on the before ----- just look what can happen with continued hard work and sticking around with us crazies!!!  

2011-11-03 6:35 PM
in reply to: #3786987

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-11-03 8:52 AM

Wilson, I'm guessing that even at 300 pounds, those legs were still sexy!  Maybe you should've been doing YOUR toenails!  Amazing transformation!!!  I'll have to see if I can find one of my fat pictures.... of course, I'm not as skinny as I was at one time, dang ice cream and cookie dough... I have NO self-control!

I'm guessing that the winter mentor program will be starting soon... I'm going to open us up to a few more members.  There are a few current members that I've already dropped in my mind.  You don't log for a couple of months and if I look at the last time you even checked BT and it's been MONTHS, yeah, you're gone from the MMMers.  Tough love baby!  I've already had 2 requests to join us!  I hope you all continue to stay with us, I'm not pushing anyone out!!  I will PM more info as I get it!

Thanks everyone for the kudos - I find it pretty motivating to look back and not forget!!  Yes Hilde, I still had "sexy" legs back then too....not as defined an muscular tho..haha...wait till next season...I plan on building these babies to produce a engine to propel my running and biking!!!  

2011-11-03 7:28 PM
in reply to: #3786987

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
hildekq - 2011-11-03 8:52 AM

Alex, nice to see you back on here!!!  I understand that you've acquired some spinerval DVDs - so gang Alex will be spinervalling like crazy just like many of us.....So let's help motivate each other this winter to spinerval our heads off!!!  I'm in for the London Tri if the off-season base training goes well and I stay healthy and don't screw anything else up cuz I'm stupid about training!!  I'll need to plan a business trip around that time so I can just have to pay for the London hotel and event...If I work it right I can get that paid for too...Maybe it'll only cost me the fee for the bike transit if I plan it right.  It's easy for me to fly into London and continue on to the mid-lands in England.

Hilde if you will still have me - I'd like to stay in this group...If you wanna kick me to the curb I completely understand - you may desire some new blood as the dungeon dominatrix master!

2011-11-04 6:34 AM
in reply to: #3818641

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Oh no, Wilson, I HAVE to keep you!  We wouldn't want to scare any of the other mentors away, ha ha!!  No, I want to keep ALL of my current MMM peeps, once an MMMer always an MMMer, right?  We may get a fairly large group, but that's okay!
2011-11-04 8:01 AM
in reply to: #3822027

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Peggy, amazing transformation!!  You look so much younger in the after pics!  So does Wilson!
2011-11-04 11:55 AM
in reply to: #3822129

User image

Veteran
Orlando, FL

More importantly .... I FEEL younger!  It's amazing what losing 60 lbs will do for you.  Right Wilson?

2011-11-04 3:37 PM

User image

Regular
Wilson, get on that new bike and go-go-go! That will really continue to keep you in shape!
2011-11-04 6:10 PM

User image

Expert

LOVE the pics, Wilson and Peggy! I'll have to scan my 'before' pic in -- it's before I lost about 50 lbs and well before triathloning, but I'll see what I can scare up, if only to keep me honest!

Hilde, I'd love to stay, too, if you'll have me! How else could I get through the winter's training without this crazy gang of fabulous folk to share stuff with??

And yes, Wilson, I'm about to get my a$$ THOROUGHLY kicked by Spinervals this winter-- bring it ON, baby!

2011-11-06 8:39 PM
in reply to: #3834267

User image

Extreme Veteran
Zionsville, Indiana
Just got done watching "Spirit of the Marathon" - pretty inspiring movie!!!  Put it in you netflix queue - it's good!  Hope everyone has a great week!!!  
2011-11-07 6:10 AM
in reply to: #3836102

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
4 day week for me!!  Yea, we have Friday off for Vet's Day!!  Race on Saturday, the 10K, hoping to PR that baby and that the weather is cool.  Next week will be another 4 day week with jury duty on Monday, hoping I put in a couple of hours and then they send me home!  Then a 2-day week for Thanksgiving and then just a hop, skip, and jump to Xmas break and half the year will be done!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70