BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Famelec Brian's Mentor Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 13

2010-02-04 8:55 AM
in reply to: #2653956

User image

Master
Tyler, TX
Subject: RE: Famelec Brian's Mentor Group - FULL
Tiesim - 2010-02-04 3:47 AM Hi All,

Sorry to sidetrack from the nakedness concersations, haha, does anyoe have any advice for me.

I did a 6 mile run last week and a 10 miler yesterday and my calves are incredibly tight and sore, does anyone have any advice on what i can / should be doing both before and after the runs to minimalise this happening as its forcing me tio take a rest day the day after these runs. I have a half marathon on 21/2/10.

I have been riunning 5 - 6 milers twice weekly uptill now and not been this stiff before so not sure whats going on with my legs.

Thanks for all your help guys.

T

Tiernan,

A jump from 6 to 10 miles is quite big, especially when you're on a 2x per week run plan.  For the moment stretching and massaging with a foam roller will help.

I'd back off on your long run a bit, maybe to 8 miles next week and 10 the following.  I wouldn't worry about reaching 13 miles before the 21st.  You might consider doing them with a 8 min run with 2 min walk strategy or similar.  This will put a lot less strain on your legs.  If it seems to work for you, you might consider doing the half marathon with this strategy, or walk 1 minute every aid station (assuming they're every mile).  It's amazing how much this helps your ability to go long.

Another option is to break your long run into a morning and night run.  Maybe 7-8 miles in the morning and an easy 2-3 in the evening.

Also, consider adding a short and easy third run next week, maybe 2 or 3 miles.  This will build your total weekly mileage a bit more than you've been doing.   Drop a cycling workout if you need to.  Use swimming and cycling for cross training workouts.  Don't kick too hard or ride too hard.  Save your legs for running!

Brian

2010-02-04 11:34 AM
in reply to: #2654305

User image

Tiernan,
Are you tight/sore as in lactic acid build up, or tight/sore as in over doing it like Brian suggests?
If it is lactic acid, you might want to try a creatine supplement before and after your run with Gadorate.  It sincerely works wonders for me.  But I agree with Brian on breaking up your runs into morning and evening and walking at the aid stations.  It helps me too.

2010-02-04 12:54 PM
in reply to: #2577093

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
T, do you think you are overstriding? Maybe experiment a bit with shortening your stride a bit and bringing up the cadence a bit...also perhaps you could do some of your running on grass or softer surfaces? I am assuming you don't have this problem after a rugby match?

Also, do you have access to one of those foam roller things? I roll my calves on it and it feels really good...might help if you get sore again...ETA: Sorry I just realized Brian told you that already....

Let us know what works for you?

Edited by quincyf 2010-02-04 12:55 PM
2010-02-04 1:06 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
And while we're on the topic of training pain:

For the "real" swimmers out there :

Does anyone have any experience with swimmer's shoulder? I am developing a mild case in my right shoulder. I don't really want to give up swimming right now, as I am having breakthroughs in the pool. I have been doing 1500 3x a week and was going to up that but now I am wondering if I should stop swimming altogether for a few weeks (It's early so no harm done) or if I could get away with just dropping the yardage down for a while and see what that gives me.

Brian, I know you do exercises for your shoulder, can you share a couple? You know from my logs that I am not afraid of the weight room...

And FWIW, it is completely killing me that I can run for nearly 30 years with nary an injury but I swim for a couple of weeks and I'm already messed up. I know it's probably due to poor stroke mechanics, but I feel like I am fixing that and really don't want to stop right now. UGH!

Thanks,
Q
2010-02-04 2:47 PM
in reply to: #2655157

User image

Master
Tyler, TX
quincyf - 2010-02-04 1:06 PM And while we're on the topic of training pain: For the "real" swimmers out there : Does anyone have any experience with swimmer's shoulder? I am developing a mild case in my right shoulder. I don't really want to give up swimming right now, as I am having breakthroughs in the pool. I have been doing 1500 3x a week and was going to up that but now I am wondering if I should stop swimming altogether for a few weeks (It's early so no harm done) or if I could get away with just dropping the yardage down for a while and see what that gives me. Brian, I know you do exercises for your shoulder, can you share a couple? You know from my logs that I am not afraid of the weight room... And FWIW, it is completely killing me that I can run for nearly 30 years with nary an injury but I swim for a couple of weeks and I'm already messed up. I know it's probably due to poor stroke mechanics, but I feel like I am fixing that and really don't want to stop right now. UGH! Thanks, Q

Unfortunately I know a bit too much about shoulder injuries.  I never had them when I was a real swimmer back in the day, but when I came back to swimming a few years ago I learned (a bit late) that my stroke had deteriorated and my shoulder muscles were weak...

Typically right shoulder pain manifests itself in swimmers who breathe to the left.  If this is you, you're likely doing one or or both of the following:

1)  Not enough body rotation.   Freestyle should be spent mainly on one side then the other, not flat.  Typically when your right arm enters the water you stretch it forward fairly far and rotate your upper body well to the right to make breathing to your left easier.  This is good.  However, when your left arm enters the water it you don't stretch it forward as far forward and don't rotate your body much which leaves it fairly flat.  This is bad, with the consequence of having to swing your right arm over the water with little or no elbow bend, leading to shoulder strain. 

A few drills to practice include fingertip drag swimming (high elbow recovery with fingers dragging on the surface of the water), one-arm freestyle with the other arm at your side (concentrate on rotation), and kicking on your side with one arm forward (pull every 6 kicks or so to switch sides).  These drills can be easier with fins as they allow you to think about technique rather than propulsion.

Also, if you learn to breathe on both sides you'll naturally get better rotation on both sides.

2)  Swimming with a "crossover" when pulling with your right arm.  Instead of your hand following the centerline of your body, it crosses over far to the left.  If you do this, concentrate on having your right hand follow your centerline as you pull, especially when you're breathing.

I have a great set of simple shoulder strengthening exercises you can add to your weight routine.  I need to start doing them again too!  I'll see if I can find them tonight and post them.

Brian

Edited by famelec 2010-02-04 2:57 PM
2010-02-04 4:42 PM

User image

Veteran
eastleigh
Hi All,

Thanks very much for all your advice on my running. There is a roller in the gym, i will get my calves on that tomorrow for sure after my weights and swim session.

I will also try to do my long runs in 2 i.e. a short and a longer runs in 1 day, not to sure if i could do the run walk approach as i kind of feel thats not trying hard enough, but i know thats not the case, i am doing it for my body.

Regards to shakes/supplements etc, its hard to tell if it is lactic acid or actual calf strain, they just feel reall stiff and i walk like a penguin! lol!! although i am toying with the idea of going onto some shakes as i did them a couple of years ago to get in shape for my wedding and i did get very lean. The one i used before was maximuscle cyclone, not sure if you get that stateside, its a general all in one, any comments on that also appreciated.

I do tend to get stiff after rugby but that tends to be a combination of being beaten up and trampled, but my calves are pretty solid afterwards for a day or 2. I was wondering if i just need to train my body to do/feel different and hopefully combining the roller, varying my distances and getting on some shakes this should sort me out, thanks for all your advice, i will let you know how they feel in a week or so.

Anyway, enough of the seriousness, back to the nudity !

T

2010-02-04 8:41 PM

User image

Master
Tyler, TX
Quincy,

I do am supposed to do the rotator cuff articles in this article: http://www.pfyswim.org/news/injury/shoulder.pdf

They strengthen some of the small shoulder muscles that can be missed with a regular weight program.  It just adds a few minutes to what you normally do.  When i was in PT I did these, plus range of motion exercises and some light weights.

You already conned me into scheduling a root canal.  If you do these exercises I suppose I'll have no choice but do do them also!

Brian 
2010-02-05 10:39 PM
in reply to: #2655539

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
famelec - 2010-02-04 2:47 PM

quincyf - 2010-02-04 1:06 PM And while we're on the topic of training pain: For the "real" swimmers out there : Does anyone have any experience with swimmer's shoulder? I am developing a mild case in my right shoulder. I don't really want to give up swimming right now, as I am having breakthroughs in the pool. I have been doing 1500 3x a week and was going to up that but now I am wondering if I should stop swimming altogether for a few weeks (It's early so no harm done) or if I could get away with just dropping the yardage down for a while and see what that gives me. Brian, I know you do exercises for your shoulder, can you share a couple? You know from my logs that I am not afraid of the weight room... And FWIW, it is completely killing me that I can run for nearly 30 years with nary an injury but I swim for a couple of weeks and I'm already messed up. I know it's probably due to poor stroke mechanics, but I feel like I am fixing that and really don't want to stop right now. UGH! Thanks, Q

Unfortunately I know a bit too much about shoulder injuries.  I never had them when I was a real swimmer back in the day, but when I came back to swimming a few years ago I learned (a bit late) that my stroke had deteriorated and my shoulder muscles were weak...

Typically right shoulder pain manifests itself in swimmers who breathe to the left.  If this is you, you're likely doing one or or both of the following:

1)  Not enough body rotation.   Freestyle should be spent mainly on one side then the other, not flat.  Typically when your right arm enters the water you stretch it forward fairly far and rotate your upper body well to the right to make breathing to your left easier.  This is good.  However, when your left arm enters the water it you don't stretch it forward as far forward and don't rotate your body much which leaves it fairly flat.  This is bad, with the consequence of having to swing your right arm over the water with little or no elbow bend, leading to shoulder strain. 

A few drills to practice include fingertip drag swimming (high elbow recovery with fingers dragging on the surface of the water), one-arm freestyle with the other arm at your side (concentrate on rotation), and kicking on your side with one arm forward (pull every 6 kicks or so to switch sides).  These drills can be easier with fins as they allow you to think about technique rather than propulsion.

Also, if you learn to breathe on both sides you'll naturally get better rotation on both sides.

2)  Swimming with a "crossover" when pulling with your right arm.  Instead of your hand following the centerline of your body, it crosses over far to the left.  If you do this, concentrate on having your right hand follow your centerline as you pull, especially when you're breathing.

I have a great set of simple shoulder strengthening exercises you can add to your weight routine.  I need to start doing them again too!  I'll see if I can find them tonight and post them.

Brian

Brian, thanks for the amazing information, it makes perfect sense, but wait until you hear my monkey wrench...

When I started swimming, you know for fitness (as opposed to swimming to get to a swim up bar, or to cool off after tanning) I read a lot of who knows what on the internets, and I decided that since I didn't really have any swimming habits at all that I would try and instill some "good" ones from the get go. The first thing I did was try to swim bilaterally. Now I swim pretty much bilaterally all the time without thinking about it. BUT, I am a natural to the right girl, and I can feel things falling apart a little bit when I breathe to the left. And guess which arm hurts? Yup, the right one. Good news is, I should be able to breathe to the right for a while and the pain will go away...and hopefully I can fix my stroke (It has gotten dramatically better already).

Even though the pain (and it is minor really) bums me out, I am weirdly excited that my symptoms "make sense" based on what I am doing...at least I have an idea of how to fix it!

And yes, DO YOUR EXERCISES! And get your root canal! Just call me "killjoy Q"! haha

Q
2010-02-06 2:02 PM
in reply to: #2656103

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
famelec - 2010-02-04 8:41 PM

Quincy,

I do am supposed to do the rotator cuff articles in this article: http://www.pfyswim.org/news/injury/shoulder.pdf

They strengthen some of the small shoulder muscles that can be missed with a regular weight program.  It just adds a few minutes to what you normally do.  When i was in PT I did these, plus range of motion exercises and some light weights.

You already conned me into scheduling a root canal.  If you do these exercises I suppose I'll have no choice but do do them also!

Brian 

Thanks for this...I think I might use this routine in place of my core routine for a couple of weeks. I'm bored with my current routine anyway...and these look like they would feel good on the shoulders.

Also I want that chick on my side in a bar fight...she looks strong and mean!!!

Q
2010-02-06 3:39 PM

New user

Solvang california

9:00 am Saturday PST a runner was born:

well, at least a jogger. A while back I mentioned a few elite athletes train in Solvang area and started a Triathlon Club and invited us little people. I have watched from afar and ventured out of my BAT CAVE to meet them at the high school track at 8am as it said on the website. I was jacked up on Yerba Mate Tea, and two puffs of my asthma inhaler, ready for trotting miles behind. After warming up, there was clearly no one showing up, it was 8 30 and my warm up endend up being 5 walking laps around the track. It was stormy, windy, like a Harry Potter Movie waiting for the dementors to come swooping down.

So, I set my heart rate monitor timer for thirty minutes, pulled out my headphones and started to run. The wind blew harder, the clouds got blacker and it started to rain and I ran FASTER around the track. Two older gentleman joined in, at a brisk stroll one walking in the opposite direction. (I think he may have been  a wizard gaurding the track) With my dorky 80's music blaring I discovered that I must have lost more weight because at this sustained pace my running pants were sliding around instead of being stretched to breaking point........

I imagined my cyber team (you) running along side, Deb C yelling to try the track barefoot, (Quincyof course  suggesting I should just take all the baggy clothes off completely  and some Rugby team in the stands passing around beers and shouting.  I ran farther than I have ever ran before, I forgot to count the laps, I just kept checking my stop watch when I ran down the full 30 minutes then slowed down for a slow jog/walk. I eventually ran into the Tri Team in the parking lot .They had changed their mind and ran off the track but now I know where to meet. Got to meet the Coach Chuckie V and a few elites he is officially training along with others in my community who are training for various triathlons/marathons. But this is the longest and fastest run I have done in two years so I am feeling like the past six weeks of training is kicking in!!

Kristen

2010-02-06 5:11 PM
in reply to: #2658293

User image

Master
Tyler, TX

Brian, thanks for the amazing information, it makes perfect sense, but wait until you hear my monkey wrench... When I started swimming, you know for fitness (as opposed to swimming to get to a swim up bar, or to cool off after tanning) I read a lot of who knows what on the internets, and I decided that since I didn't really have any swimming habits at all that I would try and instill some "good" ones from the get go. The first thing I did was try to swim bilaterally. Now I swim pretty much bilaterally all the time without thinking about it. BUT, I am a natural to the right girl, and I can feel things falling apart a little bit when I breathe to the left. And guess which arm hurts? Yup, the right one. Good news is, I should be able to breathe to the right for a while and the pain will go away...and hopefully I can fix my stroke (It has gotten dramatically better already). Even though the pain (and it is minor really) bums me out, I am weirdly excited that my symptoms "make sense" based on what I am doing...at least I have an idea of how to fix it! And yes, DO YOUR EXERCISES! And get your root canal! Just call me "killjoy Q"! haha Q

The nice thing about bilateral breathing is that in open water you tend to swim straighter!! 

Brian

2010-02-06 5:36 PM
in reply to: #2658888

User image

Master
Tyler, TX
abr - 2010-02-06 3:39 PM

9:00 am Saturday PST a runner was born:

well, at least a jogger. A while back I mentioned a few elite athletes train in Solvang area and started a Triathlon Club and invited us little people. I have watched from afar and ventured out of my BAT CAVE to meet them at the high school track at 8am as it said on the website. I was jacked up on Yerba Mate Tea, and two puffs of my asthma inhaler, ready for trotting miles behind. After warming up, there was clearly no one showing up, it was 8 30 and my warm up endend up being 5 walking laps around the track. It was stormy, windy, like a Harry Potter Movie waiting for the dementors to come swooping down.

So, I set my heart rate monitor timer for thirty minutes, pulled out my headphones and started to run. The wind blew harder, the clouds got blacker and it started to rain and I ran FASTER around the track. Two older gentleman joined in, at a brisk stroll one walking in the opposite direction. (I think he may have been  a wizard gaurding the track) With my dorky 80's music blaring I discovered that I must have lost more weight because at this sustained pace my running pants were sliding around instead of being stretched to breaking point........

I imagined my cyber team (you) running along side, Deb C yelling to try the track barefoot, (Quincyof course  suggesting I should just take all the baggy clothes off completely  and some Rugby team in the stands passing around beers and shouting.  I ran farther than I have ever ran before, I forgot to count the laps, I just kept checking my stop watch when I ran down the full 30 minutes then slowed down for a slow jog/walk. I eventually ran into the Tri Team in the parking lot .They had changed their mind and ran off the track but now I know where to meet. Got to meet the Coach Chuckie V and a few elites he is officially training along with others in my community who are training for various triathlons/marathons. But this is the longest and fastest run I have done in two years so I am feeling like the past six weeks of training is kicking in!!

Kristen

Isn't great when you have a workout that feels really good??!!  You'll be having a lot more of them too!

Chuckie V was an amazing triathlete, and I gather always a character.  I read on his blog that in his first Ironman, while near the lead with 6 miles to go and dying of hunger, he stopped at McDonalds and ordered a 6 big macs.  Since they were taking too long to prepare the manager delivered them to the finish line where he downed them.  He lost a few places while hanging out at McD's, but he still placed 9th!

Brian

Edited by famelec 2010-02-06 5:37 PM
2010-02-07 4:59 PM
in reply to: #2650621

User image

quincyf - 2010-02-02 1:46 PM
Deb C - 2010-02-02 9:02 AM

Running goals were met in January, but the swimming lacked.  Sat down last night and took the calendar with the training programs I want to use, and counted backwards from race day on the marathon, and three tri's.  It landed perfectly with February, so I will be kicking it up another notch.  By doing this, I found that I will do two of the tri's the weekend BEFORE I travel to Vegas and Ohio, so hopefully the recovery will be quick so I can get on the plane.  I hate being tight when flying.  The last week of Feb, I have to go to Chgo for work, but have already planned to use the pool.  I'll probably be the only one in it. :-)

Back to running. . . finding that I can move up another level here as well.  Getting faster and stronger to go longer.  That to me is huge. Especially for the long distances I will need later in the year. 

Deb

I did the same thing with my races...plug in and count backwards. Mid Feb for me. Let me know if you want to get together for a run while you're here...I have a car and a jogger and I know how to use them. I would invite you to my gym, but it's a silly place. You're probably better off swimming in the hotel pool. Are you staying downtown or out in the 'burbs? Have you thought about wearing compression gear on the plane (under your non-superhero clothes of course)? The folks at CW-X suggested it to us if we were traveling to or from a race... Q

Hey Q.  I'll be staying downtown when I visit.  Will be in ALL DAY meetings for two days.  Yuck.  Was going to meet up with my folks for dinner, but haven't called them yet.  Opps.

Are you in the city or the burbs?  I'm originally from NW IN, and lived in Chgo and Elk Grove before coming out here.  I'll have to look up the compression gear.  Hadn't heard about it.
2010-02-07 5:04 PM
in reply to: #2656103

User image

Thanks for the website.  I printed it out.  Very helpful.
2010-02-07 5:10 PM
in reply to: #2658888

User image

That is so cool, Kristen.  Congrats.  I wanted to run today in the grass, but ALAS. . .it snowed last night.  No barefoot running in the snow.  ;-(
2010-02-08 4:03 PM

User image

Veteran
eastleigh
Hi All, it seems the winter freeze is not over here in the uk yet as i had a run this evening in the snow, it did not lay but was fun !  anyhoo...

Can anyone give me any advice on pre and post activity drinks / shakes etc ? what do you recommend i look out for ? brands / key ingredients etc.

I think my post session recovery nutrition is not as good as it could be and this maybe part ofthe reason why i am struggling to recover.

thanks for any help in advance guys and gals !

T

2010-02-09 11:19 AM
in reply to: #2662077

User image

Master
Tyler, TX
Tiesim - 2010-02-08 4:03 PM Hi All, it seems the winter freeze is not over here in the uk yet as i had a run this evening in the snow, it did not lay but was fun !  anyhoo...

Can anyone give me any advice on pre and post activity drinks / shakes etc ? what do you recommend i look out for ? brands / key ingredients etc.

I think my post session recovery nutrition is not as good as it could be and this maybe part ofthe reason why i am struggling to recover.

thanks for any help in advance guys and gals !

T

My recovery nutrition isn't very scientific or sophisticated.  Very soon after my workout I just eat and/or drink something, making sure it has some protein to rebuild muscle as well as carbs.   The protein is whatever I happen to have on hand in the kitchen.  I don't worry about things like carb:protein ratios.  

I'm sure others can chime in with a post-nutrition plan that is better....

Brian
2010-02-09 2:36 PM
in reply to: #2663437

User image

Tiesim -

Everyone's body is different, but I'll give you my recovery 'mix'.

Before the workout
1 cup coffee
Gatorade (I buy the powdered stuff because it goes farther, it's cheaper, and I can mix to my liking - the pre-made stuff is too sweet for me.)

During the workout
If working out for less than an hour - just water
If working out longer than an hour - little bit of the gatorade and the water

After the workout
A protein shake (Again, the powdered stuff.  I like chocolate, but what I'm using now is vanilla)
Has about 26 grams of protein per scoop.

I find my workouts are more productive and my recovery is faster using this method. There is a chapter on nutrition in Friel's book (Your First Triathlon) that goes into details and reasons why too, if you need more info. 
2010-02-09 7:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Orangevale, CA
Hmmm, the company I work for is being sold.  Will be 'interesting' how this impacts my ability to train.

Edited by croyston 2010-02-09 7:10 PM
2010-02-09 9:21 PM

New user

Solvang california
That sounds a little forboding and stressful --all the more reason to keep up with training for stress release . You want to look like you are fit and trim to any potential new Boss!!

Triathlon can get expensive with gadgets.

Has anyone heard that the best recovery drink is a basic glass of CHOCOLATE MILK consumed within the first 30 minutes of rest. Now that is low budget.
2010-02-11 8:09 AM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hi gang, just checking in. Fighting off yet another kid crud...I think I've got this one on the run, but I am getting mighty weary of training through sickness. Sigh. Good news is I have my second root canal tomorrow. No, really, this is good news...I can get it over with and get the crowns put on and take another breather from my dental hell.

Deb-didn't realize you had family and stuff here, enjoy your visit! I live pretty close to downtown, Bucktown to be exact.

T-that is the beautiful thing about all this endurance stuff, you get to drink chocolate milk! I am on the Brian program...I just make sure I eat a little something with complex carbs and protein after a session of an hour or more. I also keep a gu or some sport beans in my workout bag in case I bonk. I prefer to eat real food, but I hate blood sugar drops so I keep the prepackaged stuff for an "emergency."

Kristen-I loved your story about your motivational run. If you think "our voices" were loud then, wait until you race...you'll be wanting to tell us to shut up!

Chris-I feel you on the pressure at work. I have lost my job 3 times since 9/11. It almost doesn't phase me anymore. I really want to go back to work now that the baby is bigger but I don't even know where to begin. I've been flying my entire adult life and not sure how to translate skills. Anyone know how to rewrite a resume for a career change? Sigh. Anyway, good luck to you. Try to maintain some semblance of workouts going...for the mental benefit as much as the physical...stress can be a good motivator if you make it work for you!

Brian-got that fun root canal scheduled yet?

That's all for now. Gotta get the kiddies out of the house for a playdate this morning. No gym for me but I don't care because I have my very own bike and trainer now!!! Hoooraaaay!!!

Ciao,
Q

2010-02-11 8:17 AM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I meant to mention...

The horizon organic chocolate milk that comes in the little cardboard containers is perfect for your post race bag. It doesn't need to be refrigerated and it has it's own little straw right on the container.

At home if I want chocolate milk, I use Trader Joe's "Midnight Moo" chocolate sauce with 2% milk. It is only sugar and cocoa...so many chocolate syrups have a ton of extra junky ingredients (high fructose corn syrup, etc). You have to keep it in the fridge, but it lasts forever in there and you can use it as chocolate sauce, for hot cocoa, etc, etc. Good product.
2010-02-12 11:57 AM
in reply to: #2664570

User image

Master
Tyler, TX
croyston - 2010-02-09 7:10 PM Hmmm, the company I work for is being sold.  Will be 'interesting' how this impacts my ability to train.

Any new news?

I work for a foreign company in which most executives are of a healthy weight, mainly from eating well and moderate exercise for some.  (On a side note, I don't talk about how much I train since they'd suspect I work fewer hours because of it...)  Recently we bought an American company that that seems to be full over overweight and obese folks. 

One consequence is that we've just started a wellness program designed to get people to get healthier (described as the "fat tax" plan in the news last year).  If you take a blood test, your health insurance will not rise some $50 a month as it will if you don't take the test.  From the blood test and a self health evaluation they give you a health score.   Then we'll be encouraged (pestered?) or scared into geting a physical, eating better, doing some exercise, etc.  This is one of the good things to come to the acquired company.

While I'm not suggesting that there is blatant weight discrimination going on, all the new executive hired from the outside for the acquired company are of a very healthy weight.  I haven't seen any internal promotions of people who are even moderately overweight. 

I suppose the moral of the story is that good things can come from being aquired and, rightly or wrongly, from leading a healthy lifestyle!

Quincy - Some time ago I scheduled the root canal, but not until the 22nd.  Unfortunately, today I went to the dentist again since I had a filling fall out.  Guess what, she says I need a root canal on that one too... ;(

Brian

Edited by famelec 2010-02-12 12:03 PM
2010-02-12 2:30 PM

User image

So this week sucked wind - really.  So much for a "recovery week" full of stretching and relaxing the muscles.  I found out I had an upper respiratory virus on Tuesday afternoon.  I went to the doctor since I couldn't stop coughing and my ears were ringing.  I spent the last two days in bed with Puffs Plus, a nasal steroid and musinex.  And, of course, my four-dog pack.  They knew something was wrong with "the mommy".

I was able to make it to my chiropractor last night for my monthly adjustment, thank goodness.  He was able to adjust my neck just right.  My sinuses started clearing up within about 5 minutes.  Even though I didn't sleep much last night, I still feel at least 80% today.

My brother and his wife are flying in tonight from the east coast to spend the weekend/week with us in Breckenridge for some ski time.  I'll probably NOT ski, but rather take in a hot tub or two.  The thin air mixed with this congestion, would probably make skiing a task rather than fun.  I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out.

Have a great weekend.
Deb
2010-02-12 5:16 PM

User image

Veteran
eastleigh
I have set a weekend challange for myself to cycle to see my nan who is in hospital in kent, some 95 miles away, so its an early start tomorrow, expecting 8-9 hours in the saddle and a well earned sleep at my dads tomorrow night, then seeing my nan sunday morning and Mrs T driving the car so i get it easy coming home. really excited about this, will let you all know how it goes sunday/monday.

Brian - question, i seem to be getting the vibe triathlons are bad for our teeth, can you shed any light on this ? lol !

Debs - have a fab weekend on the slopes !

Everyone else - I hope your loving the tri training as much as i am,

Have a fab weekend everyone !

T
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Famelec Brian's Mentor Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 13