Other Resources Challenge Me! » 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us? Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 182

2013-06-27 8:18 PM
in reply to: Fourteenkittens

Subject: RE: 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us?
Originally posted by Fourteenkittens

And the wheels fall off in the home stretch... I'd already broken my streak twice (weekend heat waves are apparently my weakness), but with a couple two-a-days I would have still been able to complete the 30 in 30 goal (or 44 in 44 for me). So what do I go and do? Try to cram it all in at once with 3 runs yesterday, plus a half hour on the bike. Today my legs are made of lead and there's just no way. Rookie mistake?

In any case, I think this needed to end anyway. As much fun as it's been, and my running has benefitted tremendously, it's come at the expense of bike sessions, and I'm not prepared for my race Sunday. So I'll be with you all in spirit (and in awe of you 500+ folks), but this is the end if the line for me.

Too much attrition lately. Thanks for playing though!! Come back anytime.

7 miles. Thunderstorm threatened the whole time I was out, so I just ran up and down a hill near my house. Legs pretty heavy at first, and the humidity was beyond oppressive. But I surprised myself and felt pretty good after the first mile.

2013-06-28 10:29 AM
in reply to: ImSore

User image

Day 583, 15.2 miles at an 8:38 pace in some warm muggy temps. Feeling good.
2013-06-28 2:00 PM
in reply to: navbtcret

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Hey guys, just checking in.

LeftBrain - sorry to hear about the end of your streak, but great attitude.

Nice job to everyone else! It looks like I am maybe 3 weeks out to returning and starting again. Had my first PT visit today, complete with a massage on the calf and some electric muscle stimulation. I walked in there just fine, but I walked out with a limp, which I didn't consider a bad thing. My PT thought it was a bad strain rather than a tear, as he couldn't feel a "divot" in the muscles. I'm bringing my shoes for my next visit on Tuesday, so I can get on a treadmill briefly with them watching. I'm jumping in the pool tonight to do so aquajogging after my 3K swim.

Like I said - hope to be starting all over again in about 3 week, but I'm not going to rush it.
2013-06-28 10:33 PM
in reply to: MSU_Brad

#240 - 9 miles

Got stuck at work for a 12 hour shift, and missed my swim workout. Got home late, was out the door running by about 10pm. 9 miles later, feeling pretty good, it was nice and cool, and not so pissed about the missed swim anymore.
2013-06-28 10:39 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by ImSore #240 - 9 miles Got stuck at work for a 12 hour shift, and missed my swim workout. Got home late, was out the door running by about 10pm. 9 miles later, feeling pretty good, it was nice and cool, and not so pissed about the missed swim anymore.

I just did my first "late night" run in a really long time--it was so good, I may purposefully start doing it.  You have been running really well lately.  Nice job.

Brad--glad you checked in over here.  That's really good news about your calf, and I know  you've been making good use of your "down" time.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if you come back stronger on the run because of this injury, the break and the swim focus.  I'll pull for that;)

------

#20, 2.0

2013-06-29 10:20 AM
in reply to: switch

User image

Day 584, 10.1 miles.

2013-06-29 2:51 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP
#21, 10.4 Mostly Z2 but did a couple miles temp and some strides in the middle. Had sprinkles on and off for the whole run, but the last two miles the skies opened up and it was sheet after sheet of rain. Soaked heavy, shoes, shorts and sports bra. It was so intense, I just had to roll with it. One of those, man it's good to be alive runs. Very cool. Feeling grateful to be a runner.
2013-06-29 9:03 PM

Originally posted by switch

#21, 10.4 Mostly Z2 but did a couple miles temp and some strides in the middle. Had sprinkles on and off for the whole run, but the last two miles the skies opened up and it was sheet after sheet of rain. Soaked heavy, shoes, shorts and sports bra. It was so intense, I just had to roll with it. One of those, man it's good to be alive runs. Very cool. Feeling grateful to be a runner.

I love a nice heavy summer rain (as long as there is no lightning). Especially nice if it was hot first, and a nice soaking shower hits and cools you down. Its those long fall/winter cold runs in steady soaking rain that I can do without.

# 241- 2 miles.

Swam lots. 5650 yards, a bit over 5000 meters. I swam it straight, just because I never had. Makes me feel confident for my first IM next month. I just wanted to get one long swim in. Now it is back to more conventional swimming workouts. Also did a nice 30 mile ride with 2 mile run after.
2013-06-30 10:19 AM

User image

Originally posted by ImSore

I love a nice heavy summer rain (as long as there is no lightning). Especially nice if it was hot first, and a nice soaking shower hits and cools you down. Its those long fall/winter cold runs in steady soaking rain that I can do without.

# 241- 2 miles.

Swam lots. 5650 yards, a bit over 5000 meters. I swam it straight, just because I never had. Makes me feel confident for my first IM next month. I just wanted to get one long swim in. Now it is back to more conventional swimming workouts. Also did a nice 30 mile ride with 2 mile run after.

Nice workout yesterday. I also love running in the summer rain, not much better than that especially when it has been so hot and humid out.

Day 585, 35.2 miles, not a typo. I ran 103.43 mile this week, highest week ever by only a mile but highest none the less. I also ran a new high for monthly mileage with 384.54 miles for June. This is also my second week in row of over 100 miles and I plan on being over 100 for the next four weeks too as which point I'll start my three week taper for the 100 miler. Here is a link to todays run if anyone is interested.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/335351389

2013-06-30 1:50 PM

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Just wrapped up the Cohasset Tri, my first sprint of the year. Run was 9+ minutes faster than the same course last year. There must be something to this running every day thing after all. Thanks guys!!
2013-06-30 3:04 PM

User image

Just wrapped up the Cohasset Tri, my first sprint of the year. Run was 9+ minutes faster than the same course last year. There must be something to this running every day thing after all. Thanks guys!!

Great job and yes there is.

2013-06-30 5:07 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by navbtcret
Originally posted by switch #21, 10.4 Mostly Z2 but did a couple miles temp and some strides in the middle. Had sprinkles on and off for the whole run, but the last two miles the skies opened up and it was sheet after sheet of rain. Soaked heavy, shoes, shorts and sports bra. It was so intense, I just had to roll with it. One of those, man it's good to be alive runs. Very cool. Feeling grateful to be a runner.
I love a nice heavy summer rain (as long as there is no lightning). Especially nice if it was hot first, and a nice soaking shower hits and cools you down. Its those long fall/winter cold runs in steady soaking rain that I can do without. # 241- 2 miles. Swam lots. 5650 yards, a bit over 5000 meters. I swam it straight, just because I never had. Makes me feel confident for my first IM next month. I just wanted to get one long swim in. Now it is back to more conventional swimming workouts. Also did a nice 30 mile ride with 2 mile run after.
Nice workout yesterday. I also love running in the summer rain, not much better than that especially when it has been so hot and humid out. Day 585, 35.2 miles, not a typo. I ran 103.43 mile this week, highest week ever by only a mile but highest none the less. I also ran a new high for monthly mileage with 384.54 miles for June. This is also my second week in row of over 100 miles and I plan on being over 100 for the next four weeks too as which point I'll start my three week taper for the 100 miler. Here is a link to todays run if anyone is interested. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/335351389

Ron-- absofreakinlutely AWESOME!  I looked at your Garmin data and it's textbook smooth and controlled--HR, SPM, MPM--very nice.  I just can't get over your total mileage.  When I first started on this thread I assumed you didn't work, but the fact that you do all that training and work is crazy impressive.  The only thing I'd be doing if I was running 100 miles a week is sitting on my butt injesting calories.  Rock star.

14Kittens--Congrats!  That's huge improvement.  Nice :)  When I started this everyday running I had been struggling with PF for 9 months.  I have no pain now.  I'm on run #22 this go, but had a streak in the 20s before this one.  I definitely think running everyday is the key.

----------------------------------------------------

#22, 5 off the bike.

2013-06-30 7:00 PM

#242- 20.2 mi (very very humid)

Running every day works. I had gotten my long run of 20 miles once per week in the past, but I have never done it and felt fine afterwards...I was always pretty much spent for the day. Today after the run , I showered up, went to an amusement park with my wife and kids. Came home, worked in my neglected garden for 2 hours (looks good now!!!), and still feel pretty good energy wise.
2013-06-30 7:08 PM

# 241- 2 miles.

Nice workout yesterday. I also love running in the summer rain, not much better than that especially when it has been so hot and humid out.

Day 585, 35.2 miles, not a typo. I ran 103.43 mile this week, highest week ever by only a mile but highest none the less. I also ran a new high for monthly mileage with 384.54 miles for June. This is also my second week in row of over 100 miles and I plan on being over 100 for the next four weeks too as which point I'll start my three week taper for the 100 miler. Here is a link to todays run if anyone is interested.

5 and 1/2 hours of running, nice!!

I may do a 50 mi ultra next year (no IM planned), but to train for 100 I'd have to drop swim/bike almost completely, maybe I'll do one within the next 3-4 years. 4 weeks till taper is not so bad, keep things nice and consistent and you should be good to go. Which 100 are you doing??
2013-07-01 9:28 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wausau WI

# 241- 2 miles.

Great run! Nice pace.
2013-07-01 9:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wausau WI

#242- 20.2 mi (very very humid)

Running every day works. I had gotten my long run of 20 miles once per week in the past, but I have never done it and felt fine afterwards...I was always pretty much spent for the day. Today after the run , I showered up, went to an amusement park with my wife and kids. Came home, worked in my neglected garden for 2 hours (looks good now!!!), and still feel pretty good energy wise.

Great job on the long run!

2013-07-01 9:29 AM
in reply to: Lumber Dad

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wausau WI
Run #281
2013-07-01 11:08 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

# 241- 2 miles.

5 and 1/2 hours of running, nice!!

I may do a 50 mi ultra next year (no IM planned), but to train for 100 I'd have to drop swim/bike almost completely, maybe I'll do one within the next 3-4 years. 4 weeks till taper is not so bad, keep things nice and consistent and you should be good to go. Which 100 are you doing??

I am doing the Beast Of Burden Summer 100 miler. I did the 50 miler there in January, high in the low 20's and 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. It is in Lockport, NY. I gave up biking this year to really up my running because that is what I enjoy doing the most. I still swim a few times a week in the lake but only after the water warms up. I do not use a pool.

Switch
Yes I work full time and most times at least one extra day a week as we are so short handed. All five of our kids are grown up so I have a lot of spare time on my hands now. The house is in decent shape although there are a few projects I need to do and will soon. I also work a swing shift and weekends. I changes shifts every 7 days. I actually went into work yesterday a 1430 until 2230 after the run.

Imsore
I hear on the being spent after 20 before the streak started and now I feel ready to do stuff within an hour of finishing. Even after the 35 yesterday I was ready to rock and roll an hour later.

Yesterdays run had a few unexpected stops, thanks god I live in a rural area with plenty of wood and leaves. That is why I was out for over 6 hours but running for 5.5, 4 potty breaks will do that for you. I also stop at a spring to fill my water bottle twice and at a store or two to buy a bottle of water if I need to.

Day 586 today, 10.1 recovery paced miles.

Edited by navbtcret 2013-07-01 11:11 AM
2013-07-01 8:37 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by switch #21, 10.4 Mostly Z2 but did a couple miles temp and some strides in the middle. Had sprinkles on and off for the whole run, but the last two miles the skies opened up and it was sheet after sheet of rain. Soaked heavy, shoes, shorts and sports bra. It was so intense, I just had to roll with it. One of those, man it's good to be alive runs. Very cool. Feeling grateful to be a runner.
I love a nice heavy summer rain (as long as there is no lightning). Especially nice if it was hot first, and a nice soaking shower hits and cools you down. Its those long fall/winter cold runs in steady soaking rain that I can do without. # 241- 2 miles. Swam lots. 5650 yards, a bit over 5000 meters. I swam it straight, just because I never had. Makes me feel confident for my first IM next month. I just wanted to get one long swim in. Now it is back to more conventional swimming workouts. Also did a nice 30 mile ride with 2 mile run after.
Nice workout yesterday. I also love running in the summer rain, not much better than that especially when it has been so hot and humid out. Day 585, 35.2 miles, not a typo. I ran 103.43 mile this week, highest week ever by only a mile but highest none the less. I also ran a new high for monthly mileage with 384.54 miles for June. This is also my second week in row of over 100 miles and I plan on being over 100 for the next four weeks too as which point I'll start my three week taper for the 100 miler. Here is a link to todays run if anyone is interested. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/335351389
5 and 1/2 hours of running, nice!! I may do a 50 mi ultra next year (no IM planned), but to train for 100 I'd have to drop swim/bike almost completely, maybe I'll do one within the next 3-4 years. 4 weeks till taper is not so bad, keep things nice and consistent and you should be good to go. Which 100 are you doing??
I am doing the Beast Of Burden Summer 100 miler. I did the 50 miler there in January, high in the low 20's and 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. It is in Lockport, NY. I gave up biking this year to really up my running because that is what I enjoy doing the most. I still swim a few times a week in the lake but only after the water warms up. I do not use a pool. Switch Yes I work full time and most times at least one extra day a week as we are so short handed. All five of our kids are grown up so I have a lot of spare time on my hands now. The house is in decent shape although there are a few projects I need to do and will soon. I also work a swing shift and weekends. I changes shifts every 7 days. I actually went into work yesterday a 1430 until 2230 after the run. Imsore I hear on the being spent after 20 before the streak started and now I feel ready to do stuff within an hour of finishing. Even after the 35 yesterday I was ready to rock and roll an hour later. Yesterdays run had a few unexpected stops, thanks god I live in a rural area with plenty of wood and leaves. That is why I was out for over 6 hours but running for 5.5, 4 potty breaks will do that for you. I also stop at a spring to fill my water bottle twice and at a store or two to buy a bottle of water if I need to. Day 586 today, 10.1 recovery paced miles.

You are my hero.  This is INSANE.  Insane in a good way :) Wow.

-------------------------------------------------

#23, 2 sorta off the bike;)

2013-07-02 6:17 AM

User image

Regular
Denver
Just started July 1 with 2 (mountain) miles
2013-07-02 11:11 AM
in reply to: nursejennie

User image

Originally posted by nursejennie

Just started July 1 with 2 (mountain) miles

Welcome to the madness.

Day 587, 20 miles at an 8:55 pace.

2013-07-02 5:27 PM
in reply to: nursejennie

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Originally posted by nursejennie Just started July 1 with 2 (mountain) miles :)

YAY! Welcome :)

#24, 2.0 This bike focus is hammering my legs--soooo heavy:/

2013-07-02 5:56 PM

User image

Regular
Denver
#2 2.71 (city) miles
2013-07-02 6:00 PM
in reply to: 0

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Teejaay 2013-07-02 6:02 PM
2013-07-03 11:26 AM
in reply to: Teejaay

Day 588, 8 miles.
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » 30 runs in 30 days - who's with us? Rss Feed  

of 182