BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Come fly with me!- Closed again with a bunch of winners! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 19

2009-01-14 5:12 AM
in reply to: #1857812

Regular
schuylkill haven, pa
Subject: RE: Come fly with me!- Closed again with a bunch of winners!

Has anyone heard from Brian(bbarr66) did he do his marathon in florida.

Have not seen any posts.

Just wondering.

Edited by spinepa 2009-01-14 5:13 AM

2009-01-14 6:32 AM

User image

Veteran
Belleville, MI
Sorry guys, been pretty lazy after the race.  I finished it in 6:22 (my time).  I stopped the time to take pictures with characters, so this time is off from the the offical clock.  If anyone would like to do a marathon I would highly recommend this race.  I will be posting some picture in my album later today.
2009-01-14 5:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Belleville
Congrats B! on the marathon. I go into convulsions thinking about it Smile
2009-01-14 6:25 PM
in reply to: #1908239

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
moves327 - 2009-01-14 3:30 PM

Congrats B! on the marathon. I go into convulsions thinking about it Smile

I have never thought of convulsions and a Disney marathon going together before. Im laughing outloud in the library. ooops.
2009-01-15 5:26 AM
in reply to: #1906400

User image

Subject: RE: Well done Brian
Congrats on the marathon .. any one pass you, running backwards or by some over 70's.
2009-01-15 8:34 AM
in reply to: #1908894

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
jtdintaipei - 2009-01-15 3:26 AM

Congrats on the marathon .. any one pass you, running backwards or by some over 70's.

Im laughing again. You guys are funny!

2009-01-15 9:39 AM
in reply to: #1906400

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
bbarr66 - 2009-01-14 7:32 AM

Sorry guys, been pretty lazy after the race.  I finished it in 6:22 (my time).  I stopped the time to take pictures with characters, so this time is off from the the offical clock.  If anyone would like to do a marathon I would highly recommend this race.  I will be posting some picture in my album later today.

Great job!! Ready to do another one yet?
2009-01-15 9:40 AM

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
jtdintaipei - 2009-01-15 6:26 AM

Hey, are you poking fun at me? That guy that passed me running backwards was moving fast!!!
2009-01-15 3:29 PM
in reply to: #1898813

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
holt1997 - 2009-01-09 8:10 PM

I love Billy Squier music....nuff said!

I was in the car yesterday and guess what came on the radio??? Lonely is the Night!!

I found myself singing along, and then thought "no, it can't be, is that Billy Squire??!!" I forgot how much I used to like his stuff!

You keep listening to your Billy Squire, I get it!
2009-01-16 5:59 AM
in reply to: #1906367

Regular
Libertyville, IL

Brian

Congratulations of the marathon!!!!  Welcome to the club!  

My favorite question from friends is always, "How far was this marathon?"  

Daniel

2009-01-16 4:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
So how was everyone's week? Some are getting over events, some are preparing for. Others are training and braving the elements. Did everyone have a successful week? Anything seem like a barrier this week to accomplishing what you wanted to accomplish?

2009-01-16 10:03 PM

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
I had a good week, a lot of variety. It's been cold here, for Atlanta anyway. That's made it tough to get outside in the early morning. Swimming is still difficult for me to fit in, hoping to get in the pool tomorrow after spin class.

What race is everyone doing next? My next race is going to be half marathon trail run at the end of February. Never done this race, and never done a trail run that long. I'm excited about it though, should be fun.
2009-01-17 11:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Belleville, MI

I was pretty lazy this week.  I just started to get back in the seat on Friday.  Going to focus on start triathlon season (Base) and weight loss.

I am contemplating doing another marathon in early April.  I must be stupid.  I have a nice base, kinda make sense.  Maybe after a few week I will come to my senses.

2009-01-17 10:43 PM
in reply to: #1913436

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
karen26.2 - 2009-01-16 8:03 PM

I had a good week, a lot of variety. It's been cold here, for Atlanta anyway. That's made it tough to get outside in the early morning. Swimming is still difficult for me to fit in, hoping to get in the pool tomorrow after spin class.

What race is everyone doing next? My next race is going to be half marathon trail run at the end of February. Never done this race, and never done a trail run that long. I'm excited about it though, should be fun.

HI Karen,

I have never done a 1/2 marathon trail race. I am anxious to hear what you think. Hopefully be lots of stuff to look at.

Is early morning the only time available for you to train? I am just trying to think of something to help making the pool or runs easier for ya.
2009-01-17 10:46 PM
in reply to: #1913823

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
bbarr66 - 2009-01-17 9:48 AM

I was pretty lazy this week.  I just started to get back in the seat on Friday.  Going to focus on start triathlon season (Base) and weight loss.

I am contemplating doing another marathon in early April.  I must be stupid.  I have a nice base, kinda make sense.  Maybe after a few week I will come to my senses.

Actually Brian after running a marathon its called "recovery" not lazyness. You had a big weekend and need to let yourself heal up. So what were the highlights of your race? What was tough? What was so fun that you are signing up for another one in April? (Its actually an addiction in its infancy, just so you know.)
2009-01-17 10:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
Hello group,
As racing gets started and training keeps picking up, there are a couple of things we can do as a group that help a lot. One thing is to post your workouts on your log and try to keep it up to date as possible. This allows the rest of us to see what you are doing and maybe even how we can encourage you. Also another idea is if you have a race, post a report so we can all see how it went and learn with you.

Nice job everyone on sticking with your workouts too. We can trade training secrets all we want but eventually the rubber has to meet the road and that's what you are doing. Keep up the good work.

2009-01-18 9:45 AM

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
Scott,

Mornings are best for me to train right now. I used to be able to run or swim at lunch but right now we have a 3 1/2 month old puppy so my lunches consist of going home to let her out and feed her. In another month or so that will stop, so I can hopefully get back into a couple of lunch workouts during the week.

Evenings are tough because once I get home after a long day at work I just want to have dinner with my family and then relax before starting the cycle the next day. But, I have been doing evening workouts this past week when I didn't get it done in the mornings. Yeah for the January Peach Challenge, I would normally have bagged those workouts.

But your question makes me wonder if I should try and stop by the Y after work before going home to get some swim time in. Maybe the lanes will be empty??? I think that's the biggest deterrent for me on swimming, I hate to have to wait for a lane and the pool I go to is always packed. We can share but if you have more than 2 and have to circle swim, forget it. I will check out the evening situation. Thanks.
2009-01-18 1:17 PM
in reply to: #1914717

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
karen26.2 - 2009-01-18 7:45 AM

Scott,

Mornings are best for me to train right now. I used to be able to run or swim at lunch but right now we have a 3 1/2 month old puppy so my lunches consist of going home to let her out and feed her. In another month or so that will stop, so I can hopefully get back into a couple of lunch workouts during the week.

Evenings are tough because once I get home after a long day at work I just want to have dinner with my family and then relax before starting the cycle the next day. But, I have been doing evening workouts this past week when I didn't get it done in the mornings. Yeah for the January Peach Challenge, I would normally have bagged those workouts.

But your question makes me wonder if I should try and stop by the Y after work before going home to get some swim time in. Maybe the lanes will be empty??? I think that's the biggest deterrent for me on swimming, I hate to have to wait for a lane and the pool I go to is always packed. We can share but if you have more than 2 and have to circle swim, forget it. I will check out the evening situation. Thanks.

You also might think of it this way...practicing in a crowded lane is prepping you for a tri start ;-)

I hope the evening works for you.
2009-01-18 1:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
Do any of you want help in figuring out the website a little? I am just wondering since it took me a while to figure out how ot get around and log my workouts. There is a great tutorial on the main page also if that helps. Just let me know if I can help you at all.

2009-01-18 2:02 PM

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
Haha - crowded lanes good practice for the race. Good one...

I do have some questions about the site. I have been logging my workouts, I think I have that down pretty good. But is that the same as your blog? I get confused when I read about having to use your blog, unless it's the same as the training log.

And is there a way to filter the forum to see only threads I'm interesting in following, but then still be able to look at all of them? For instance, I like the mentor thread obviously, and the Georgia thread, and a couple of others. How do I see just active threads I'm following?

One last question, how do you feel about training by your heart rate? I have never done it, but wonder if I should be more aware of my heartrate and training.
2009-01-19 8:24 AM

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
I swam yesterday in lieu of my run. There were two lanes open when I got there, with one person in each lane. No big deal, I can easily share a lane with one person and each person stays on their own side.

From the time it took me to put my stuff in the locker, rinse off in the shower, and get to the pool, there were 4 people in one lane and 2 in the other. Where did they come from???? It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes, come on!!!

I decided to hop in the one with two, which happen to be the end lane - got to love that lane with the metal bars protruding into the lane!! ARRRRRR!

Anyway, decided to make the best of it and swam 94 lengths or 2350 yards. I would have kept going but I got kicked out because the pool closes 30 minutes earlier than the rest of the building. ARRRRR!!!!! No wonder everyone cleared out the last 10 minutes and I finally had the lane to myself. I did not know this about the pool closing earlier, so eventually the lifeguard came over and was standing over me when I got to the end of the lane. Thought it was strange, but turned and kept going. Halfway down it dawned on me that he wasn't "checking" me out (ha! didn't really think this but wondered what he was doing) but was trying to tell me I needed to get my butt out of the pool. Ah.....

Still got some swim time in though. Also bruised my hand from smacking it on the metal rails one time - it hurts! I certainly can battle it out in a race now huh?

2009-01-19 3:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Belleville

JT,

For the record, can I say that is not the picture I expected. Lol, funny how you have something inmind and it turns out completely different. Been doing minimum runs the last few days. I felt a little under the weather. That was partially self induced I think by partying a little to hard on Friday combined with a slight flu bug I have managed not to go completely down. Back on it now though. Feeling good, new goal is to really hit the pool and make some progress.

2009-01-19 4:06 PM
in reply to: #1910475

User image

Veteran
Belleville

karen26.2 - 2009-01-15 4:29 PM
holt1997 - 2009-01-09 8:10 PM I love Billy Squier music....nuff said!
I was in the car yesterday and guess what came on the radio??? Lonely is the Night!! I found myself singing along, and then thought "no, it can't be, is that Billy Squire??!!" I forgot how much I used to like his stuff! You keep listening to your Billy Squire, I get it!

I was always more a 38 special man lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Classic you gotta watch!

:-)CoolYellLaughing

2009-01-20 7:20 AM
in reply to: #1912976

Regular
holt1997 - 2009-01-16 5:01 PM

So how was everyone's week? Some are getting over events, some are preparing for. Others are training and braving the elements. Did everyone have a successful week? Anything seem like a barrier this week to accomplishing what you wanted to accomplish?

I had a taper week last week, and I did not like it. I enjoy exercise, and I missed doing more workouts. The marathon went very well. I enjoyed the event much more than I enjoyed the training. I managed to finish in just under my goal.

Now I am ready to start training for the duathlon in April. This week will be a base week (just doing miles). I called my brother during the marathon to let him know my long for the week was 26+ miles and to ask him what his long run for the week was.
2009-01-20 9:22 AM
in reply to: #1917613

User image

Master
Johns Creek, Georgia
colewarren - 2009-01-20 8:20 AM

I called my brother during the marathon to let him know my long for the week was 26+ miles and to ask him what his long run for the week was.

Nice!!! Way to psych him out!!! What did he say?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Come fly with me!- Closed again with a bunch of winners! Rss Feed  

of 19