BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Great Adventure - closed and ready to go. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2009-05-26 10:12 AM
in reply to: #2071252

Regular
Denver
Subject: RE: The Great Adventure - closed and ready to go.
Just do it.

What are your thoughts on just doing a tri, even if you aren't quite ready?  I'm toying with doing the Longmont triathlon next weekend.  It's 525 yds in a pool, 12 mile bike, 5k run, so pretty much your standard sprint.  Swimming & biking I'm not concerned about (I've done 30+ mile rides the last three weekends).  I've run one 5k, a month ago, but that's still my longest run.  I haven't done any true bricks yet.

My main target all along has been the Rattlesnake Tri in mid-August, but I kind of feel like just giving this a shot and if I have to walk on the run, so be it.

- Bob

2009-05-26 10:21 AM
in reply to: #2173052

User image

New York City
Why not just go for it. Even if you get tired on the run, you can always walk a little bit. You will also gain valuable experience in transitions. Plus, then your key race won't be your first one this year. That should help your confidence.
2009-05-26 12:41 PM
in reply to: #2173052

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
BobJ123 - 2009-05-26 8:12 AM

Just do it.

What are your thoughts on just doing a tri, even if you aren't quite ready?  I'm toying with doing the Longmont triathlon next weekend.  It's 525 yds in a pool, 12 mile bike, 5k run, so pretty much your standard sprint.  Swimming & biking I'm not concerned about (I've done 30+ mile rides the last three weekends).  I've run one 5k, a month ago, but that's still my longest run.  I haven't done any true bricks yet.

My main target all along has been the Rattlesnake Tri in mid-August, but I kind of feel like just giving this a shot and if I have to walk on the run, so be it.

- Bob[/QUOTE

Last summer I did 3 races in 6 weeks. I did a olympic, 1/2 iron and another olympic. For all three of them I felt unprepared. i don't know that as an athlete you ever feel "prepared" I don't think you will have any trouble finishing the race. I think it is important to approach it as a learning experience and keep your eyes open to what you learn and would change for the next time. Most of all finish with a smile. Very important. So my vote is go for it.
2009-05-26 12:42 PM
in reply to: #2172921

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
JohnOD - 2009-05-26 7:27 AM

How was everyone's weekend? Any training in between the BBQs?

Saturday, I did my 17 mile ride on the Wyckoff bike course. My time improved by almost 5 mins, due in part to the new clipless pedals. I wound up with a 16.6 mph pace. After the ride, I did a short (20 min) run. Saturday afternoon, I went to the town pool and tried out my new wetsuit. What a difference the suit makes.

Monday, I ran my first 10K. I felt pretty good and ran at a pace that was fast for me (9:20 mins/mile). Time was 57:22, well below my goal of beating 60 mins. Monday afternoon, I went to the pool again and practiced with the new wetsuit.

All in all, a weekend of pretty good progress. Also, barbeques on Sunday and Monday.

Thats an impressive weekend. Nice work. You are doing a lot of things that will prep you for races. The bricks and time in a wetsuit will help you a lot. Way to go.
2009-05-26 12:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
One question I have gotten a little of lately is tapering. Does anyone have any questions about this or post race workout startup?
2009-05-26 10:24 PM
in reply to: #2173391

Regular
Denver
I went ahead and signed up for the race on Sunday and have some newbie questions now.

- In a pool swim, are you allowed to touch the bottom or grab the edge if you need a break?
- The site for the race says passing only at the end of the pool.  How does that work?  How do you know if someone needs to pass you?  Hopefully my estimated 500 yd time is somewhat close (I said 13 minutes, generally I take 15 minutes to swim that when working out, but I figure I'll be a bit faster in the race).
- Any idea how the timing works in a pool swim?  Do you dive in?
- In the bike, do you generally say "on your left" when passing?

I did a brick tonight, 6 mile stationary bike ride in 20 minutes, and then 1.55 miles on the treadmill in about 17 and change.  I felt pretty good, so hopefully that's a good sign.  You asked about taper, I plan to do a hard swim tomorrow, then an easy run Thursday, easy bike on Friday and probably just do a little of each on Saturday.  Or maybe nothing on Saturday, I'm not sure.

2009-05-27 2:48 PM
in reply to: #2174668

Regular
Denver
One other newbie question.  How do you deal with the bib number?  Just attach it to your shirt before the event?  The rules say you have to have it on during the run, but what about the bike?

I got some tri shorts at lunch.  Oh my, they did not have me in mind when they created these.  It seems nobody stocks 2XL and it's too late to order anything that would be here by Sunday, so I squeezed myself into some XLs.  Ugh.  Of course the ones that fit the best were "Orca", so I'll have that down the side of my leg.
2009-05-28 3:56 PM

User image

Hi, Everyone!

I think I probably only replied once or twice & haven't read every enry but I have tried. I promise to post more often.

Well, I am getting nervous!! I have my first Tri this season & I haven't ever done this one - Auburn Triathlon. They have various distances and the half Ironman is called "the Hardest Half-Ironman." I only signed up for the SPRINT and the other strange thing is that the Sprint has only 8miles!!! Hmmm. I think I am hearing hills.

Then I always worry about the water temperature. I don't have a wet suit and here in Northern California it is usually okay. But it still can be cold. So I will someday have to invest in one.

I just had to fuss up about my worries. I still know that I can do it. Just wish me luck.

Kristina
2009-05-28 4:10 PM

User image

- In a pool swim, are you allowed to touch the bottom or grab the edge if you need a break?
- The site for the race says passing only at the end of the pool. How does that work? How do you know if someone needs to pass you? Hopefully my estimated 500 yd time is somewhat close (I said 13 minutes, generally I take 15 minutes to swim that when working out, but I figure I'll be a bit faster in the race).
- Any idea how the timing works in a pool swim? Do you dive in?

1. I would think that you could touch the edge if you need to but I would check with the rules.

2. As far as passing at the end of the pool. If you are the slower person stop at the end, scoot out of the way, and let the person go in front of you. Then go right after.

3. In my experience in a pool we didn't dived in. One time they made us swim around an olympic size pool & we started at the same time. The year before we were sent off in lanes with multiple people in the lane (I don't remember how they timed it). I did have to count laps which can be hard to remember when you start think of different things.

4. When I pass I do say that.

Hope that helps! Good Luck & have Fun!
Kristina
2009-05-28 6:21 PM
in reply to: #2179500

Regular
Denver
Kinesio - 2009-05-28 2:56 PM Hi, Everyone! I think I probably only replied once or twice & haven't read every enry but I have tried. I promise to post more often. Well, I am getting nervous!! I have my first Tri this season & I haven't ever done this one - Auburn Triathlon. They have various distances and the half Ironman is called "the Hardest Half-Ironman." I only signed up for the SPRINT and the other strange thing is that the Sprint has only 8miles!!! Hmmm. I think I am hearing hills. Then I always worry about the water temperature. I don't have a wet suit and here in Northern California it is usually okay. But it still can be cold. So I will someday have to invest in one. I just had to fuss up about my worries. I still know that I can do it. Just wish me luck. Kristina

Good Luck!  Can you rent a a wetsuit?

2009-05-29 6:09 PM
in reply to: #2174668

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
BobJ123 - 2009-05-26 8:24 PM

I went ahead and signed up for the race on Sunday and have some newbie questions now.

- The site for the race says passing only at the end of the pool.  How does that work?  How do you know if someone needs to pass you?  Hopefully my estimated 500 yd time is somewhat close (I said 13 minutes, generally I take 15 minutes to swim that when working out, but I figure I'll be a bit faster in the race).
- Any idea how the timing works in a pool swim?  Do you dive in?

I did a brick tonight, 6 mile stationary bike ride in 20 minutes, and then 1.55 miles on the treadmill in about 17 and change.  I felt pretty good, so hopefully that's a good sign.  You asked about taper, I plan to do a hard swim tomorrow, then an easy run Thursday, easy bike on Friday and probably just do a little of each on Saturday.  Or maybe nothing on Saturday, I'm not sure.

Hi Bob,
I looked around a bit for some answers to your questions. As I have never done a pool tri, I don't have much help for you. The one thing I can say is they will go over all those details before the start and if in doubt be considerate and it is hard to find fault in that.

As far as the bike it is good manners to say "on your left".

For saturday, I would do enough to call it a "warm up" and nothing else. Keep the muscles limber butu don't do much because you need the rest for the next day.

Good luck.
I can't wait to hear how it goes.

2009-05-29 6:13 PM
in reply to: #2176394

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
BobJ123 - 2009-05-27 12:48 PM

One other newbie question.  How do you deal with the bib number?  Just attach it to your shirt before the event?  The rules say you have to have it on during the run, but what about the bike?

I got some tri shorts at lunch.  Oh my, they did not have me in mind when they created these.  It seems nobody stocks 2XL and it's too late to order anything that would be here by Sunday, so I squeezed myself into some XLs.  Ugh.  Of course the ones that fit the best were "Orca", so I'll have that down the side of my leg.

Usually you can pin the number to your shirt before the race even beginns, then when you put it on your shirt its already there. You should also wear it during the bike leg. If you have a race belt you turn it around for the bike then put it back up front for the run. Orcas are very nice shorts. You'll like them a lot and they wear for a long time.

Good luck
2009-05-31 10:53 PM
in reply to: #2182236

Regular
Denver
Once they post the results with official times & places, I'll put in a race log entry, but here's a brief summary of the Longmont Triathlon, my first tri.  It was 525 yds in the pool, 12 mile bike, and 5k run.  The bike & run had some hills.

The swim was perfect for a first time triathlon, it was in a pool and was very low key.  They seeded heats in reverse order of estimated time for 500 yds, so even the slowest people for the day won't be the last finishers.  I was in the fourth group with my estimate of 13 minutes.  I was a little worried that I over estimated because I did the full 525 in 13 minutes on Wednesday during a training swim.  I had over estimated, all four of us in the lane did.  I finished the swim in 12:38, which included getting out of the pool and getting to the exit door.  I went out too hard and passed the other three swimmers, but then in the 8th lap, I let them all re-pass, but then kept up.  We all finished one right after another.

I took my time in T1, with a 3:03.  I was able to find my bike just fine, I just took a little time to dry off.  I had gotten some Yankz shoe laces for both my running shoes & bike shoes (they're old school with laces) and they worked pretty well.

I was really happy with my bike time of 39.20.  I hammered on the downhills and had a max speed of just over 30 mph.  I do need to get more comfortable with high speed turns since I slowed way down for two of them.  We had to do three laps.  I was kind of dying by the third lap, but got through it.

Surprisingly I was almost as slow in T2, with a 2:31.  I think I took a minute to drink some gatorade and catch my breath before starting the run.

The run started off kind of badly, my stomach had been bothering me a bit before the race and was really bugging me for the first mile.  It didn't help that it was uphill for the first mile.  But, I started to feel better by the first water stop at mile 1.  My legs felt pretty good for the first two miles, but then I started to get pretty tired.  I hung on and finished in 35:25, though.  I think their mileage was off at the end, my garmin said it was 3.2.  It was spot on with the course even up to the 3 mile marker, so I don't think it was me weaving or anything.  So, it was just over an 11 minute pace, which I can live with, although I was hoping to be under 11.  I was just glad to be done.

Things I think I did well:
- the bike.  I'm really happy with my 18+ mph pace.
- transition set up.  I had everything laid out really well and could have gotten through the transitions pretty fast if i hadn't taken some time to catch my breath.  I practiced a couple of times yesterday and I think it helped.
- getting there early.  I got up there by 6:30, which gave me a chance to take my time getting set up and watch the other heats in the pool to see how it all worked.
- getting a free massage afterwards.  that was awesome.

Things I'd do differently next time:
- Sleep in longer!  While getting there early was good, I didn't have to get there *that* early since my heat wasn't until 8:10.  Getting up at 5 am is not my style.
- Swim estimate.  I hadn't done an actual timed 500 yards, so I was completely guessing. 
- Swim pacing.  I went out too hard and got into oxygen debt.
- More training.  I had only run twice in the last couple of weeks because my ankles were bothering me.  I did do one brick last week. 

2009-06-01 9:22 AM

User image

New York City
Bob- Nice job on your first tri. Congratulations. Your bike time sounds pretty fast.

As for me, I rode on Saturday on the Wyckoff course. We did the 17 miles in a slower pace because we had a guy from the Tri club giving us pointers. That was very helpful. I then did an extra 10 miles. I was using my new clipless pedals and I stopped to help a rider on the side of the road. Of course, i did not unclip myself quick enough and I toppled over. I guess it was a matter of time. I am hoping to get some running and swimming in this week.

John
2009-06-01 5:17 PM
in reply to: #2185344

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
BobJ123 - 2009-05-31 8:53 PM

Once they post the results with official times & places, I'll put in a race log entry, but here's a brief summary of the Longmont Triathlon, my first tri.  It was 525 yds in the pool, 12 mile bike, and 5k run.  The bike & run had some hills.

The swim was perfect for a first time triathlon, it was in a pool and was very low key.  They seeded heats in reverse order of estimated time for 500 yds, so even the slowest people for the day won't be the last finishers.  I was in the fourth group with my estimate of 13 minutes.  I was a little worried that I over estimated because I did the full 525 in 13 minutes on Wednesday during a training swim.  I had over estimated, all four of us in the lane did.  I finished the swim in 12:38, which included getting out of the pool and getting to the exit door.  I went out too hard and passed the other three swimmers, but then in the 8th lap, I let them all re-pass, but then kept up.  We all finished one right after another.

I took my time in T1, with a 3:03.  I was able to find my bike just fine, I just took a little time to dry off.  I had gotten some Yankz shoe laces for both my running shoes & bike shoes (they're old school with laces) and they worked pretty well.

I was really happy with my bike time of 39.20.  I hammered on the downhills and had a max speed of just over 30 mph.  I do need to get more comfortable with high speed turns since I slowed way down for two of them.  We had to do three laps.  I was kind of dying by the third lap, but got through it.

Surprisingly I was almost as slow in T2, with a 2:31.  I think I took a minute to drink some gatorade and catch my breath before starting the run.

The run started off kind of badly, my stomach had been bothering me a bit before the race and was really bugging me for the first mile.  It didn't help that it was uphill for the first mile.  But, I started to feel better by the first water stop at mile 1.  My legs felt pretty good for the first two miles, but then I started to get pretty tired.  I hung on and finished in 35:25, though.  I think their mileage was off at the end, my garmin said it was 3.2.  It was spot on with the course even up to the 3 mile marker, so I don't think it was me weaving or anything.  So, it was just over an 11 minute pace, which I can live with, although I was hoping to be under 11.  I was just glad to be done.

Things I think I did well:
- the bike.  I'm really happy with my 18+ mph pace.
- transition set up.  I had everything laid out really well and could have gotten through the transitions pretty fast if i hadn't taken some time to catch my breath.  I practiced a couple of times yesterday and I think it helped.
- getting there early.  I got up there by 6:30, which gave me a chance to take my time getting set up and watch the other heats in the pool to see how it all worked.
- getting a free massage afterwards.  that was awesome.

Things I'd do differently next time:
- Sleep in longer!  While getting there early was good, I didn't have to get there *that* early since my heat wasn't until 8:10.  Getting up at 5 am is not my style.
- Swim estimate.  I hadn't done an actual timed 500 yards, so I was completely guessing. 
- Swim pacing.  I went out too hard and got into oxygen debt.
- More training.  I had only run twice in the last couple of weeks because my ankles were bothering me.  I did do one brick last week. 

Congratulations!!! Way to go. It is good to see too how you were able to reflect back and learn from your race and also enjoy what went well. Estimating times in a race is really hard to do and just comes with time and experience. I wouldn't worry much about that.
Nice work!
2009-06-01 5:18 PM
in reply to: #2186075

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
JohnOD - 2009-06-01 7:22 AM

Bob- Nice job on your first tri. Congratulations. Your bike time sounds pretty fast.

As for me, I rode on Saturday on the Wyckoff course. We did the 17 miles in a slower pace because we had a guy from the Tri club giving us pointers. That was very helpful. I then did an extra 10 miles. I was using my new clipless pedals and I stopped to help a rider on the side of the road. Of course, i did not unclip myself quick enough and I toppled over. I guess it was a matter of time. I am hoping to get some running and swimming in this week.

John

I forgot to unclip one time at an intersection in the middle of lunch time traffic. Very embarassing. I have also unclipped my left and gone right. oops again. Oh well. As long as we can laugh about it.

Scott

2009-06-02 4:10 PM
in reply to: #2187660

Regular
Denver
2009-06-03 11:56 AM

User image

Great job Bob!!! It sounds like the swimming group you were in was perfect even thought all of you went faster. When you are in a group like that people can also push you to go faster. What fun!! Keep it up!

Well my Auburn Sprint Tri went well but of course with some problems. Not major but just fustrating. 1st I was late (getting family up & ready took more that what I planned). 2nd never have I done a 2 transition area race. CONFUSING. I ended up having to carrying a backpack with my running stuff during the bike because I didn't have enought time to take it to the 2nd transition area. I did get to the start on time.

SWIM - The water temp was perfect 75 degrees!!! But they had a massive 116 people start (Man & Women). I put myself in the back & that was a mistake. I did end up 50th out of the water!!

BIKE - I was right. It was a beating! There was Hills & More Hills & More Hills! I told myself that I WAS NOT GOING TO GET OFF THE BIKE! It was rough! Glad it was only 8 miles! There was a crazy down hill & like Bob I took one part concervative because I wasn't familiar with the course. Placed 74th.

RUN - I ran most of it which surprised me and felt pretty good. I walked on most of the up hill there was 2. There was a down hill that I just let my legs go because I couldn't really stop them anyways. Placed 102th.

Overall felt I did GOOD! Overall placed 86th/116. I was my first this year and I have never done the course! Next weekend I have another sprint tri at a place I am very familiar with! Can't wait to see how I do. I put myself in the Athena group because I think I can place. Then I signed up to do a 5K on Sunday! I have been wanting to run it for a long time. They give lots of goodies!!

Happily Racing,
Kristina
2009-06-05 11:55 PM
in reply to: #2192034

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
Kinesio - 2009-06-03 9:56 AM

Great job Bob!!! It sounds like the swimming group you were in was perfect even thought all of you went faster. When you are in a group like that people can also push you to go faster. What fun!! Keep it up!

Well my Auburn Sprint Tri went well but of course with some problems. Not major but just fustrating. 1st I was late (getting family up & ready took more that what I planned). 2nd never have I done a 2 transition area race. CONFUSING. I ended up having to carrying a backpack with my running stuff during the bike because I didn't have enought time to take it to the 2nd transition area. I did get to the start on time.

SWIM - The water temp was perfect 75 degrees!!! But they had a massive 116 people start (Man & Women). I put myself in the back & that was a mistake. I did end up 50th out of the water!!

BIKE - I was right. It was a beating! There was Hills & More Hills & More Hills! I told myself that I WAS NOT GOING TO GET OFF THE BIKE! It was rough! Glad it was only 8 miles! There was a crazy down hill & like Bob I took one part concervative because I wasn't familiar with the course. Placed 74th.

RUN - I ran most of it which surprised me and felt pretty good. I walked on most of the up hill there was 2. There was a down hill that I just let my legs go because I couldn't really stop them anyways. Placed 102th.

Good for you. Sounds like a fun race. I have four kids and totally sympathise with getting family out the door. Nice job with the swim too. Makes you excited for the next one??

Overall felt I did GOOD! Overall placed 86th/116. I was my first this year and I have never done the course! Next weekend I have another sprint tri at a place I am very familiar with! Can't wait to see how I do. I put myself in the Athena group because I think I can place. Then I signed up to do a 5K on Sunday! I have been wanting to run it for a long time. They give lots of goodies!!

Happily Racing,
Kristina
2009-06-05 11:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
How is everyone's training going? Any questions or concerns? How about recovery post workout? Interval questions? Anything at all just let me know. Its been kinda quiet so just let me know. (Everyones probably racing since the season is upon us.
2009-06-06 9:06 PM

User image

Kings Mountain, NC
Training is going well!  Today I was able to run race distance (5K) at 10.33 pace.  I haven't been able to run that far sustained in about 3 years.  When I started back in January I was just walking for 20 minutes! Swimming is getting easier with every workout and biking is well fun.  I really enjoy the biking!  Love seeing the progress over time. 

Ok  newbie question:

Race number- been hearing about a race belt and such.  is this stuff supplied or do I need to buy this stuff, if so where?

I am sure I will have more as the race approaches.  end of this month!

2009-06-06 9:39 PM
in reply to: #2199657

Regular
Denver
stiga00 - 2009-06-06 8:06 PM Training is going well!  Today I was able to run race distance (5K) at 10.33 pace.  I haven't been able to run that far sustained in about 3 years.  When I started back in January I was just walking for 20 minutes! Swimming is getting easier with every workout and biking is well fun.  I really enjoy the biking!  Love seeing the progress over time. 

Ok  newbie question:

Race number- been hearing about a race belt and such.  is this stuff supplied or do I need to buy this stuff, if so where?

If you don't use a race belt, you can just safety pin the number to your shirt.  I got a race belt for two reasons, I didn't want to mess up my jersey with pin holes that could rip, and I wanted the number in the back on the bike ride so it didn't flap around in the wind.  I picked one up at runners roost for like $15.
2009-06-07 10:44 PM
in reply to: #2199657

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ellensburg, WA
stiga00 - 2009-06-06 7:06 PM

Training is going well!  Today I was able to run race distance (5K) at 10.33 pace.  I haven't been able to run that far sustained in about 3 years.  When I started back in January I was just walking for 20 minutes! Swimming is getting easier with every workout and biking is well fun.  I really enjoy the biking!  Love seeing the progress over time. 

Ok  newbie question:

Nice job on your training. Progress is definately fun to feel and is a pretty good motivator in itself. Nice work. As far as a race belt it is basically a stretchy belt that just snaps around your waist that your number clips onto. You do have to provide them yourself. I recommend trisports.com they may nt be the cheapest but their customer service is great and thats important to me. One thing to note that people sometimes don't realize is that when you clip the number on you almost have to crumple the thing up a bit. When you put the belt on however it stretches out and the number lays flat against you. I recommend crumpling your number anyway so it stays out of your way.
2009-06-08 9:14 AM

User image

New York City
Had a good weekend training weekend.

On Saturday, I did a brick. 20 miles on the bike in 1:17:50, which is 8 minutes faster than when I did the same course in March. Then I ran for 41 minutes (don't know what the distance was, so I always estimate that it is about 4 miles).

On Sunday, I met with some folks from the New York message board who are with Toga Tri at Lake Welch in Harriman State Park and I practiced open water swimming with my wetsuit. It felt really comfortable.

Unfortunately, I just could not get the time to train during the week.

John
2009-06-08 2:14 PM
in reply to: #2198645

Regular
Denver
holt1997 - 2009-06-05 10:57 PM How is everyone's training going? Any questions or concerns? How about recovery post workout? Interval questions? Anything at all just let me know. Its been kinda quiet so just let me know. (Everyones probably racing since the season is upon us.

Training is going well.  I started off the weekend by riding my bike to & from work (~18 miles total) on Friday.  I'm going to try to do this most Fridays.  It's really nice to get home and know that I'm done for the day. 

Saturday I did a 40 mile loop on the bike.  Somehow, the wind was in my face just about the whole way.  I'm focusing on the bike right now because I'm signed up for the MS 150 in less than three weeks, you can donate here if anyone is interested: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/COCBikeEvents?px=6689227&pg=personal&fr_id=10973 .   I was a little disappointed the route I took was only 40 miles, I thought it would be closer to 45-50.  My garmin claims I did 2400 feet of climbing, although I think that is pretty optimistic and it was probably closer to 1800 feet.  I felt kind of slow all day, in fact I only averaged 13 mph.

Sunday, I road my single speed/fixie (I haven't tried the fixie side yet, i just finished building it a couple of weeks ago) to the Y to do some swimming.  Pool closed.  Again?  This is getting annoying, that's twice in the last month I've showed up only to find the pool closed.  I may be moving to a new pool/gym.  Just as well, however, because I grabbed some lunch at the Chipotle across the street and then as I was riding home I realized the weather was going to get bad.  Sure enough, half an hour after I was home it was hailing at my house and there were tornados in the area.

Once the weather cleared, I went to the park to do some running and managed 3 miles in 31:10.  Woo-hoo!  PR.  I wasn't trying to run fast, at least not initially, then I just realized I was running fairly fast and wanted to see if I could maintain the pace. 

So aside from not getting any swimming in, it was a good weekend workout-wise.  I had hoped to swim today at lunch, but ended up with a noon meeting, so that was no good too.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Great Adventure - closed and ready to go. Rss Feed  

of 10