BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 70

2011-01-15 7:32 PM
in reply to: #3298279

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!!

--------------------------------------------
Holy $hit....I wan't one of those......illeopsoas anteriorly.....that's getting me HOT! I have that problem too...you've cured me...now I just need to find that special masseuse!!!!  I think the asian place down the street has reopened after they got nailed....I'm off there now!!! hehe

Wilson, my husband says what happens at the Asian parlor stays at the parlor...except Herpes, that comes home with you :-

2011-01-16 5:40 AM
in reply to: #3259026

User image

Regular

On the more inspiration side of things, have a good Sunday!

2011-01-16 1:48 PM

User image

Expert
I do so love this group-- you're all gloriously insane! Hope you're all having a great weekend-- I'm back to my long run (in the pool) tomorrow!
2011-01-16 2:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Hello to all the crazy MMMers here! Hope you're having a fabulously active weekend I had the ski hill snowshoe race yesterday (2.5 miles) and I finished in 21:40...not sure if that's good, bad or otherwise on snowshoes - LOL but I had a good time. It was frickin' freezing (-5 degress F at the BOTTOM of the mountain when we started) but we all had fun none the less. One part of it was sooooo steep going up I seriously thought I might fall backwards! The next one is in early Feb and is a bit longer....I'm hoping for warmer weather, that's for sure!

Sunday is traditionally my workout day off so why mess with tradition. I've struck a good balance today between ticking things off my to-do list and lazing around on the couch Right now I'm enjoying a mocha drink and listening to the ramblings of my almost-4-year-old while she is playing with her trucks and her baby's - LOL...priceless!

I'm having such a hard time settling on  my competition schedule for 2011 - so many races, so little time! And if I could just re-organize the dates that the various races were being held (just a bit!) it would be helpful! HEHE! As anyone done an INTERNATIONAL distance tri? Looks to be a bit shorter than an OLY bu longer than a SPRINT? There is one here called the Black Fly Tri...I gotta admit, I want to do it for the T-shirt...LOL!

Have a great week full of lots of great training!
2011-01-17 8:13 PM
in reply to: #3302895

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Nope, never done an International distance.... you're on your own, Marsha!!

My 3-day weekend is over, sigh.  We have a "staff development" day tomorrow, no students which is a good thing, AND lunch out!  By the way, "staff development" means "absolutely worthless information that has nothing to do with teaching music but we make you sit through it anyway". 

I gotta admit I was a little naughty with the diet over the weekend and snuck in some extra pig out calories... how can you go to a movie and NOT get popcorn???  And there was that peach pie hubby bought that had to be finished up... I was good today though and will be back at both the diet AND the workouts tomorrow for sure!!  It seems my heart rate has settled back to normal, at least it did on our hike today.... I'll know more tomorrow when I head out for a run after school.

Have a great week everyone, I'll be spying on y'all!!  But you knew that, right?  I want to thank all of YOU for the inspiration and motivation to keep ME going!
2011-01-18 12:47 PM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland
Ok, so I know I said I needed to lose weight, but a full day of a stomach bug, followed by a second day of not trusting my digestive system was NOT the way I wanted to do it.  At least today I can keep down water and other things, but I'm not sure how much I can eat.

Maybe I can set the bike up on the trainer tomorrow. 

2011-01-18 2:25 PM

User image

Chattanooga

I have seen in some of your profiles that some of you have bike trainers. Could anyone provide some feedback on which trainers are good (and why you think they are good) and were is the best place to buy them? (i.e. retail stores, online websites...)

Thanks

Wesley

2011-01-18 3:44 PM
in reply to: #3306937

User image

Regular
Wesley,

I ended up with a CycleOps Fluid 2 and really like it.

Next best thing to being out on the road in the Winter!
2011-01-18 6:20 PM

Freeland
Sorry for the lengthy depay in posting.

It has started, the body challenge, weighrd in Sun.  I am 6' 255 lbs, they also did body fat and body measurements. Those will be a secret.

This challenge wants you to use the zone diet.  Workout about 5 days a week with 3 of these days being the body sculting, high rep with weights and the other 2 days being cardio (kickboxing and ply pump, a cross of plyometircs and weights).

I feel like an alligator now. I can not straighten my arms at all and I could not even get my belts on lol.  I know it will go away soon hahahha.  I weigh in once a week on Thursdays.  Once this soreness goes away I will be running and swimming and riding but wow do I hurt lol.
2011-01-18 7:00 PM
in reply to: #3307449

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
jwheat - 2011-01-18 7:20 PM Sorry for the lengthy depay in posting.

It has started, the body challenge, weighrd in Sun.  I am 6' 255 lbs, they also did body fat and body measurements. Those will be a secret.

This challenge wants you to use the zone diet.  Workout about 5 days a week with 3 of these days being the body sculting, high rep with weights and the other 2 days being cardio (kickboxing and ply pump, a cross of plyometircs and weights).

I feel like an alligator now. I can not straighten my arms at all and I could not even get my belts on lol.  I know it will go away soon hahahha.  I weigh in once a week on Thursdays.  Once this soreness goes away I will be running and swimming and riding but wow do I hurt lol.

Wow - that sounds intense.  Best of luck with it!
2011-01-18 7:03 PM

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
Wesmaster123 - 2011-01-18 3:25 PM

I have seen in some of your profiles that some of you have bike trainers. Could anyone provide some feedback on which trainers are good (and why you think they are good) and were is the best place to buy them? (i.e. retail stores, online websites...)

Thanks

Wesley

I got the Kurt Kinetic because I have two cats, one of which is a long hair and it gets everywhere.  If I remember correctly, someone said that something inside them is self contained versus the Cycleops.  I wish I could remember the exact reason.  In any case, it has worked great for me and is not nearly as loud as I feared. 

On the other hard, it is much meaner and harder when you first start with it.  I never knew how much I coasted on my biek until I started riding the trainer.

2011-01-18 7:04 PM
in reply to: #3300884

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
TTucker - 2011-01-14 11:25 PM       Wilson...yes I delivered 7 but there are only 5 at home and two of those are freaking teenage BOYS! UGH....Can someone tell me why I did not know until now that boys apparently have a 'time of the month' that is WORSE than ANY PMS I've ever encountered?!!  

Whatever, mom! 
2011-01-18 8:20 PM

User image

Regular
Wesmaster123 - 2011-01-18 3:25 PM

Thanks

Wesley

Hi Wes,

I have the CycleOps Wind, I call it the cheapest one, my husband calls it functional, yet affordable.  I purchased it at REI.  When I first started this tri adventure last year, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it and the gear can get pricey.  It is noisy which I don't like but it does the trick.  When I grow up, I will upgrade to a fluid model :-)  

2011-01-19 12:25 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ok, I'm sure I'll win the cheapskate award here, but my trainer is an Aireon magnetic that my husband picked up at a garage sale for $20! It seems so work fine and isn't noisy. I didn't want to spend much because we can ride outdoors year-round here, so it isn't really a necessity.
2011-01-19 7:53 AM
in reply to: #3307935

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
I also have the Kurt Kinetic... have had it for about a month.  Ordered it online when someone on BT posted a 25% off code to Sports Authority AND it was on sale, ended up getting it for about $100 off with 99 cent shipping!  I've heard nothing but good things about the KK or the CycleOps 2 fluid.  Seems to be pretty quiet, at least my husband hasn't complained about it when I've been riding it while he's been sleeping!  It is a workout!!  I can see I will start the season much stronger for having used it...
2011-01-19 9:10 AM

User image

Veteran
Southern Maryland
I picked up a fluid trainer from Nashbar (because it was a Christmas present and I couldn't find the others on sale at the time).  Haven't tested it out yet, but I heard good things about it from people on here, so I'll let you know.

2011-01-19 9:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI
I also have a Kurt Kinetic and I love it!
2011-01-19 10:40 AM

Veteran
Just have to toot my own horn . . . almost exactly one year ago today I was finally able to swim my first full lap of crawl. This morning I did 2400 yards!

-k
2011-01-19 11:38 AM

User image

Expert
x3 on the CycleOps 2 Fluid-- I got mine from Amazon, and I really like it. I use it a lot, too, during these frigid winter weeks!

Jen, I'm so sorry you've been ill-- hope you're feeling MUCH better so you can try out your  bike trainer!

Jon, when I lost a bunch of weight a while ago (over 40 pounds), I used the Zone plan and it worked REALLY well for me. It's still the basis on which I eat even now, though I add a bit more carb to my diet because of all the training. Way to get started-- go, man, go!

Kory, CONGRATULATIONS on your fabulous swimming development! You've done amazing work in such a short period of time!

Hope you're all having a great week, everyone!
2011-01-19 11:40 AM
in reply to: #3308747

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Toot toot Kory!!  Since I haven't suffered the effects of learning to swim as an adult, I commend ALL of you that are getting better and better at it!!  After all, ANYONE can run, right??  Even I can run, it's just slow, ha ha!

SWIMMERS UNITE!!!!
2011-01-19 3:46 PM

That's amazing!  Congratulations!

ETA - I was referring to kellekl's post...Just have to toot my own horn . . . almost exactly one year ago today I was finally able to swim my first full lap of crawl. This morning I did 2400 yards!

-k

Edited by bunsy 2011-01-19 3:48 PM

2011-01-19 4:25 PM
in reply to: #3309578

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Oh, Margaret, you weren't talking about the giant wiener??  LMAO!!!
2011-01-19 8:10 PM

User image

Veteran
*clapping* way to go on the leaps and bounds of improvement in swimming Kory! That is awesome. Hmmmm, all this talk of trainers....makes me wanna get one! But, we have toooo many bills these days...I'll keep hoping for one someday!

Hope you're all well. We were kinda iced in here this morning and now...more snow! Can someone PLEASE tell me WHY I moved here again? LOL!

2011-01-20 6:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Marine City, MI

Its orchestra concert this week for me!  So I'll spending my time working, working out, dealing with American and Canadian borders  and playing my trombone.   I probably won't be spending too much time on the forum or the training logs.  Please know that I'm silently cheering for all of you and sending my "way to go!!!" messages all the same. 

PS I don't want my bike trainer to get too big of a head (I only like it a bit, it is way too soon to declare love!)

2011-01-20 8:29 AM

User image

Regular
kellekl - 2011-01-19 11:40 AM Just have to toot my own horn . . . almost exactly one year ago today I was finally able to swim my first full lap of crawl. This morning I did 2400 yards! -k

Congratulations!!!!! That's awesome!!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » HILDEKQ'S Magnificently Motivational Mentor Group - CLOSED!! Rss Feed  

of 70